FLM films - My Webpage

1996-05-21 00:00:00 - ABC courted by Disney - (revringo@aol.com)


Inside word is that Disney is approaching ABC to see if they are interested in picking up Nowhere Man. Perhaps some letters that way? --the rev

1996-05-22 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (revringo@aol.com)


'revringo@aol.com (Rev Ringo)' wrote: >Inside word is that Disney is approaching ABC to see if they are interested in >picking up Nowhere Man. >Perhaps some letters that way? >--the rev -- Sally wrote: <<Please keep us posted. Seems unlikely, but what the heck? It's all one <<haPpy family now - ABC/CapCities/DISNEY.....Talk about THEM.... It is far from unlikely. In fact, I've had it confirmed from another source as well. They are definately pushing Nowhere Man as a mid-season replacement on ABC. Fingers crossed. Lou When you're thin and damp and shoddy, Just remember that you're in a body. --"Human Music", Robyn Hitchcock & the Soft Boys

1996-05-22 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (sallyan1@usa.pipeline.com)


On May 22, 1996 12:10:20 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, 'revringo@aol.com (Rev Ringo)' wrote: >'revringo@aol.com (Rev Ringo)' wrote: > > >>Inside word is that Disney is approaching ABC to see if they are interested in > >>picking up Nowhere Man. >>Perhaps some letters that way? >>--the rev >-- >Sally wrote: ><<Please keep us posted. Seems unlikely, but what the heck? It's all one ><<haPpy family now - ABC/CapCities/DISNEY.....Talk about THEM.... > >It is far from unlikely. In fact, I've had it confirmed from another source as >well. They are definately pushing Nowhere Man as a mid-season replacement on >ABC. >Fingers crossed. >Lou > >When you're thin and damp and shoddy, >Just remember that you're in a body. >--"Human Music", Robyn Hitchcock & the Soft Boys -- Lou, Thanks for the updates.. How sound are your sources (without naming them)? This makes sense to me... Mid-season, huh? Could they get Bruce, I wonder...They'd better move fast...and Disney'd better start lobbying for an Emmy nom for the SHow and for Brucie.. Sally

1996-05-22 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (sallyan1@usa.pipeline.com)


On May 21, 1996 23:11:11 in article <ABC courted by Disney>, 'revringo@aol.com (Rev Ringo)' wrote: >Inside word is that Disney is approaching ABC to see if they are interested in >picking up Nowhere Man. >Perhaps some letters that way? >--the rev -- Please keep us posted. Seems unlikely, but what the heck? It's all one haPpy family now - ABC/CapCities/DISNEY.....Talk about THEM.... Sally [CIS/eTV liaison for NOWHERE MAN]

1996-05-23 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (CWZY26B@prodigy.com)


I would love ABC if they picked up and kept "Nowhere Man". They would be smart to. Then when "Nowhere Man" takes off, UPN will be sad and we can say, "We warned you."

1996-05-23 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (sallyan1@usa.pipeline.com)


On May 23, 1996 00:41:55 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, 'revringo@aol.com (Rev Ringo)' wrote: >Both are professionals working withing the Hollywood industry. Both have the >ear of higher ups. Both are usually right. And neither got their info from the >same source as the other. >Lou Lou, Thanks...Indeed, the ABC tact seems the most plausible, and I already see a time slot opening up...I give "Dangerous Minds" with Annie Potts about 4-6 episodes before they pull the plug...So we'd have NwM right back where it was before. Seems ideal...sorry Annie... Sally [NOWHERE MAN liaison for CIS/eTV]

1996-05-23 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (adararose@aol.com)


>>Inside word is that Disney is approaching ABC to see if they are >interested in >> >>>picking up Nowhere Man.

1996-05-23 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (revringo@aol.com)


<<Thanks for the updates.. How sound are your sources (without naming them)? This makes sense to me... >> Both are professionals working withing the Hollywood industry. Both have the ear of higher ups. Both are usually right. And neither got their info from the same source as the other. Lou When you're thin and damp and shoddy, Just remember that you're in a body. --"Human Music", Robyn Hitchcock & the Soft Boys

1996-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (robertsj@tenet.edu)


In article <4o1egv$77g@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, adararose@aol.com (Adara Rose) wrote: > Suppose, hypothetically speaking, that ABC would do something quite that > cool. Would they pick up the series from where it left off (and risk not > picking up any new viewers) or run some of the older episodes to get > everyone caught up (and risk losing the viewers who've seen it already)? > Maybe a "the story so far" summary movie or something? > > Sharon > adararose@aol.com Not too much of a reach...the whole "Murder One" series was somewhat in the same vein as Nowhere Man (week to week revelations, etc.). Since Disney owns ABC/Capital Cities, it makes more since than one might think at first glance...

1996-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (psf12@terminus.com)


sallyan1@usa.pipeline.com wrote: > >It is far from unlikely. In fact, I've had it confirmed from another > source as > >well. They are definately pushing Nowhere Man as a mid-season replacement > on > >ABC. If ABC doesn't take it, Disney could air it on the Disney Channel!!

1996-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (MAEE77D@prodigy.com)


I have it from a pretty reliable source that this ABC deal is dead but it's still open for UPN to air a series of special NwM movies. Sorry. Nik

1996-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (alantuck@usa.pipeline.com)


On May 25, 1996 20:57:57 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, 'robertsj@tenet.edu' wrote: >In article <4o1egv$77g@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, adararose@aol.com (Adara >Rose) wrote: > >> Suppose, hypothetically speaking, that ABC would do something quite that >> cool. Would they pick up the series from where it left off (and risk not >> picking up any new viewers) or run some of the older episodes to get >> everyone caught up (and risk losing the viewers who've seen it already)? >> Maybe a "the story so far" summary movie or something? >> >> Sharon >> adararose@aol.com > > >Not too much of a reach...the whole "Murder One" series was somewhat in >the same vein as Nowhere Man (week to week revelations, etc.). Since >Disney owns ABC/Capital Cities, it makes more since than one might think >at first glance... In fact, it's *quite* a reach. "Murder One" revealed the answer to the season-long mystery in it's season finale, it will return completely restructured, with three cases simultaneously proceeding instead of just one, and the lead actor has been replaced. So, I guess what you are proposing is focusing on three erasures instead of just one, and replacing Bruce Greenwood with Tom Selleck. And if it ever ended up on ABC, that's what we'd get. -Alan Tucker-

1996-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (CWZY26B@prodigy.com)


>So, I guess what you are proposing is focusing on three erasures instead of >just one, and replacing Bruce Greenwood with Tom Selleck. > >And if it ever ended up on ABC, that's what we'd get. What makes you think that? The show is great the way it is. Any network in their right mind would pick the show up and leave it as it is.

1996-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (aexia@u.washington.edu)


In article <4oahlp$r4h@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>, Alan Tucker <alantuck@usa.pipeline.com> wrote: >In fact, it's *quite* a reach. "Murder One" revealed the answer to the >season-long mystery in it's season finale, it will return completely >restructured, with three cases simultaneously proceeding instead of just >one, and the lead actor has been replaced. > >So, I guess what you are proposing is focusing on three erasures instead of >just one, and replacing Bruce Greenwood with Tom Selleck. > >And if it ever ended up on ABC, that's what we'd get. QUOTE FILE! Oh wait... we don't have one.. sorry everyone... =-) -- Micheal Keane(aexia@u.washington.edu) Get the Nowhere Man FAQ at my webpage: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~aexia Petition Fox and tell them you want a DOCTOR WHO series in the Fall! "We'll blast it with lasers!"

1996-05-27 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (DADYCASH@popalex1.linknet.net)


alantuck@usa.pipeline.com(Alan Tucker) wrote: >On May 26, 1996 23:14:17 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, >'CWZY26B@prodigy.com (Jason Conrad)' wrote: > > >>>So, I guess what you are proposing is focusing on three erasures instead >>of >>>just one, and replacing Bruce Greenwood with Tom Selleck. >>> >>>And if it ever ended up on ABC, that's what we'd get. >> > > >>What makes you think that? The show is great the way it is. Any network >>in their right mind would pick the show up and leave it as it is. > >What makes you think there is any network is in their right mind? > >-Alan Tucker- network in their right mind ROFL, Network in their right mind ROFL, Network in their right mind, stop it youre killing me, your killing me.

1996-05-27 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (alantuck@usa.pipeline.com)


On May 27, 1996 08:20:49 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, 'DADYCASH@popalex1.linknet.net (Ricky D. Cash)' wrote: >alantuck@usa.pipeline.com(Alan Tucker) wrote: > >>On May 26, 1996 23:14:17 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, >>'CWZY26B@prodigy.com (Jason Conrad)' wrote: >> >> >>>>So, I guess what you are proposing is focusing on three erasures instead > >>>of >>>>just one, and replacing Bruce Greenwood with Tom Selleck. >>>> >>>>And if it ever ended up on ABC, that's what we'd get. >>> >> >> >>>What makes you think that? The show is great the way it is. Any network >>>in their right mind would pick the show up and leave it as it is. >> >>What makes you think there is any network is in their right mind? >> >>-Alan Tucker- > >network in their right mind ROFL, Network in their right mind ROFL, >Network in their right mind, stop it youre killing me, your killing >me. > Huh? -Alan Tucker-

1996-05-27 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (Kevin Locke <klocke@ix.netcom.com>)


Nikki James wrote: > > I have it from a pretty reliable source that this ABC deal is dead but > it's still open for UPN to air a series of special NwM movies. > > Sorry. > > NikIn Reply: I would like to ask you if you really think sincerly that ABC won't pick up the "Nowhere Man" for the coming new season? I just found out about the cancellation 3 days ago and was saddened very much by it. I feel that the series is the best show currently on television!!! I had been looking for ratings in the newspapers but didn't find any source available. I honestly didn't realize that the show was in that much jeapordy. The show has so much going for it!! It is really too bad that so much has to ride on the decision of the dollars$$ aspect of it (Don't you?) well gotta go now. A fan, Kevin

1996-05-27 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (alantuck@usa.pipeline.com)


On May 27, 1996 01:37:52 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, 'alantuck@usa.pipeline.com(Alan Tucker)' wrote: >On May 26, 1996 23:14:17 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, >'CWZY26B@prodigy.com (Jason Conrad)' wrote: > > >>>So, I guess what you are proposing is focusing on three erasures instead > >>of >>>just one, and replacing Bruce Greenwood with Tom Selleck. >>> >>>And if it ever ended up on ABC, that's what we'd get. >> > > >>What makes you think that? The show is great the way it is. Any network >>in their right mind would pick the show up and leave it as it is. > >What makes you think there is any network is in their right mind? > >-Alan Tucker- Whoops. Since I noticed there is an anal-retentive member of the Internet Spelling Police prowling this newsgroup, I want to take this opportunity to correct my response. What I *meant* to say was: "What makes you think there is any network in their right mind?" A typo, I did not proofread, and I apologize. I have been rehabilitated. -Alan Tucker-

1996-05-27 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (alantuck@usa.pipeline.com)


On May 26, 1996 23:14:17 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, 'CWZY26B@prodigy.com (Jason Conrad)' wrote: >>So, I guess what you are proposing is focusing on three erasures instead >of >>just one, and replacing Bruce Greenwood with Tom Selleck. >> >>And if it ever ended up on ABC, that's what we'd get. > >What makes you think that? The show is great the way it is. Any network >in their right mind would pick the show up and leave it as it is. What makes you think there is any network is in their right mind? -Alan Tucker-

1996-05-28 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (trox@atl.mindspring.com)


alantuck@usa.pipeline.com(Alan Tucker) pounded on the keyboard and came up with: >On May 27, 1996 01:37:52 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, >'alantuck@usa.pipeline.com(Alan Tucker)' wrote: >>What makes you think there is any network is in their right mind? >> >Whoops. Since I noticed there is an anal-retentive member of the Internet >Spelling Police prowling this newsgroup, I want to take this opportunity to >correct my response. What I *meant* to say was: "What makes you think >there is any network in their right mind?" Technically speaking, what you made isn't a spelling error, it's a grammar error. So the Spelling Police have no jurisdiction. Sgt. Troxell of the Grammar Police.

1996-05-29 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (alantuck@usa.pipeline.com)


On May 28, 1996 23:41:06 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, 'trox@atl.mindspring.com (Brian Troxell)' wrote: >alantuck@usa.pipeline.com(Alan Tucker) pounded on the keyboard and >came up with: >>On May 27, 1996 01:37:52 in article <Re: ABC courted by Disney>, >>'alantuck@usa.pipeline.com(Alan Tucker)' wrote: >>>What makes you think there is any network is in their right mind? >>> >>Whoops. Since I noticed there is an anal-retentive member of the Internet >>Spelling Police prowling this newsgroup, I want to take this opportunity to >>correct my response. What I *meant* to say was: "What makes you think >>there is any network in their right mind?" > >Technically speaking, what you made isn't a spelling error, it's a >grammar error. So the Spelling Police have no jurisdiction. > >Sgt. Troxell of the Grammar Police. Sgt. Troxell, At ease. Yes, I realized that fact at the time of the post. However, upon information and belief, the Spelling Police would have stormed the post, and subsequently crossed the grammatical yellow tape and exceeeded their jurisdiction. Therefore, my language was not erroneous, but merely phrased for the purposes of a preemptive strike. Dismissed. General Tucker Israeli Secret Service, Ohio Division

1996-05-29 00:00:00 - NwM-like column in Newsweek - (octavian@athena.mit.edu)


If you get a chance, check out the "My Turn" section of the current (27 May) Newsweek. It involves a man who finds out he is adopted relatively late in life and then can't get the government to release his birth certificate or any other information concerning his own early life. Reading about his whole experienceleft me witha very definite feeling of someone being erased. The show HAS effected my thinking! -- Eli V. Hestermann octavian@athena.mit.edu Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Massachusetts Institute of Technology

1996-06-09 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (kstyrcula@aol.com)


Kevin: If you read ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, you'll see that NwM is almost always in the bottom ten. However, much of this is to be attributed to the lack of stations in the Unsold Pilot Network. - KAS

1996-06-09 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (kstyrcula@aol.com)


Jason: I'm not certain NwM would be a "success" on another network. The concen UPN had was that NwM would turn into another "Twin Peaks." Even Bruce Greenwood was quoted as saying that in USA Today, when they were talking about the show's arc. I firmly believe it needs to be on a cable channel like The Sci-Fi Channel (although the budget may be reduced too severely). Or how about MTV?

1996-06-09 00:00:00 - Re: ABC courted by Disney - (jdupree@ix.netcom.com)


In <4pf5lc$1a5@newsbf02.news.aol.com> kstyrcula@aol.com (KStyrcula) writes: > >Kevin: > >If you read ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, you'll see that NwM is almost always in >the bottom ten. However, much of this is to be attributed to the lack of >stations in the Unsold Pilot Network. > >- KAS Unsold Pilot Network... hmmm, maybe all the UPN bashing is just making them think we are just being ignorant and insulting without having a point to back it up? -- ,,, (o-o) ==-=-=-=---.oOO--(_)--OOo.---=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-== Jean Dupree Spod Extraordinaire & Overall Silly Person http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1073/ ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-==