FLM films - My Webpage

1999-02-20 00:00:00 - 'newsgroup help - (Mark DY <markdy@prodigy.net>)

this is off topic, but since sci-fi fans tend to be good with PCs, if you can help me with this question, please e-mail me. How can I create a text message (off line) then later post in on a newsgroup with out in being an attachment. Can I e-mail a message to a newsgroup (how do Hotmail customers, etc post messages?) Thanks in advance Mark

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Re: 'newsgroup help - (sandra7@NOSPAMenteract.com)

On 20 Feb 1999 17:09:41 GMT, "Mark DY" <markdy@prodigy.net> wrote: >this is off topic, but since sci-fi fans tend to be good with PCs, if you >can help me with this question, please e-mail me. >How can I create a text message (off line) then later post in on a >newsgroup with out in being an attachment. Simple. Just create the message in a text editor like Word or whatever you use for word processing. Then log onto the the newsgroup. Start a new post, and cut and paste the information into the message. I believe there is a way to get newsgroups as email and to post that way but I don't know where the info is located on the net. Try doing a search on the topic at one of the search engines. With some hunting and patience you should be able to find out how to do it. Sandra

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Re: 'newsgroup help - (Jean-Pierre <NOSPAMjpj@casema.net>)

You can also use a service like www.dejanews.com if you don't have newsgroup acces. These services also keep an extensive searchable database for past posts and topics... JP SJ wrote in message <36d1720c.256720878@news.enteract.com>... >On 20 Feb 1999 17:09:41 GMT, "Mark DY" <markdy@prodigy.net> wrote: > >>this is off topic, but since sci-fi fans tend to be good with PCs, if you >>can help me with this question, please e-mail me. >>How can I create a text message (off line) then later post in on a >>newsgroup with out in being an attachment. > >Simple. Just create the message in a text editor like Word or whatever >you use for word processing. Then log onto the the newsgroup. Start a >new post, and cut and paste the information into the message. > >I believe there is a way to get newsgroups as email and to post that >way but I don't know where the info is located on the net. Try doing a >search on the topic at one of the search engines. With some hunting >and patience you should be able to find out how to do it. > >Sandra