FLM films - My Webpage

1998-11-12 00:00:00 - A lot of questions - (Leentje Smet <l.smet@planetinternet.be>)

I have seen all the episodes and I still don't know what to think of it all.

1998-11-19 00:00:00 - Re: A lot of questions - (Leentje Smet <l.smet@planetinternet.be>)

It's not that I don't understand, you musn't think that. Vic heeft geschreven in bericht <364bc2d7.392165@news.earthlink.net>... >On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:58:27 +0100, "Leentje Smet" ><l.smet@planetinternet.be> wrote: > >>I have seen all the episodes and I still don't know what to think of it all. >> > > >Watch them again! > > >

1998-11-23 00:00:00 - Re: A lot of questions - (Leentje Smet <l.smet@planetinternet.be>)

yes, and also you look at the acting itself. Vic heeft geschreven in bericht <3659e256.18637188@news.earthlink.net>... >On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:19:32 +0100, "Leentje Smet" ><l.smet@planetinternet.be> wrote: > >>It's not that I don't understand, you musn't think that. > > >I didn't think that. Each time I re-watch an episode, I notice >something new. > > >

1998-12-05 00:00:00 - Re: A lot of questions - (Ofer LaOr <olaor@no.spam.isdnmail.co.il>)

Watch the last episode again. I pretty much had it all figured out a couple of hours after watching the last episode. Keep in mind that "things aren't as they appear". Especially when it comes to veil (try to think about the name - that's a BIG clue). Ofer. Leentje Smet wrote in message <73ba6t$sou$1@antwerpen.planetinternet.be>... >yes, and also you look at the acting itself. > >Vic heeft geschreven in bericht <3659e256.18637188@news.earthlink.net>... >>On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:19:32 +0100, "Leentje Smet" >><l.smet@planetinternet.be> wrote: >> >>>It's not that I don't understand, you musn't think that. >> >> >>I didn't think that. Each time I re-watch an episode, I notice >>something new. >> >> >> > >

1998-12-12 00:00:00 - Re: A lot of questions - (Leentje Smet <l.smet@planetinternet.be>)

I have watched it over and over again, but there are still things that don't seem to make sence, or maybe that's me... Ofer LaOr heeft geschreven in bericht <366967fc.0@p3.isdn.net.il>... >Watch the last episode again. I pretty much had it all figured out a couple of hours after watching the last episode. Keep in mind >that "things aren't as they appear". Especially when it comes to veil (try to think about the name - that's a BIG clue). > >Ofer. > > > >Leentje Smet wrote in message <73ba6t$sou$1@antwerpen.planetinternet.be>... >>yes, and also you look at the acting itself. >> >>Vic heeft geschreven in bericht <3659e256.18637188@news.earthlink.net>... >>>On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:19:32 +0100, "Leentje Smet" >>><l.smet@planetinternet.be> wrote: >>> >>>>It's not that I don't understand, you musn't think that. >>> >>> >>>I didn't think that. Each time I re-watch an episode, I notice >>>something new. >>> >>> >>> >> >> > >

1998-12-12 00:00:00 - Re: A lot of questions - (Jean-Pierre <NOSPAMjpjelsma@worldonline.nl>)

After discussing this show on the Nowhere Man mailing list, we still kept discovering little bits and pieces... And Larry dropped another bomb on us after explaining his 'vision' of Nowhere Man, so.... The show is ment to keep you thinking and exploring/..*yourself*... Bottomline: join the Nowhere Man mailinglist ;-) Send email to majordomo@cnation.com saying 'subscribe nowhere' in the body of the mail... Leentje Smet wrote in message <74teai$t6v$1@antwerpen.planetinternet.be>... >I have watched it over and over again, but there are still things that don't >seem to make sence, or maybe that's me... >

[...]

1998-12-14 00:00:00 - Re: A lot of questions - (Justin Waring <jmw47@cornell.edu>)

Vic wrote: > In most of the episodes, Tom runs into people who are part of the mind > control experiment he is the subject of. <snip> > Tom has been > brainwashed very thoroughly to believe he was a photojournalist > married to Allyson (or however you spell it!) and that these negatives > are what "they" are after. Hey, Vic. Of course, all these interpretations are open to various theories. I thought Gemini was interesting because it suggests exactly your theory, but other clues in the series might still disprove it. I keep vacillating between both theories. First, the nowhere man was an FBI agent (Gemini) investigating the Conspiracy. They captured him, brainwashed him, and implanted an entirely different identity. That's what the videotape at the end of Gemini depicted. Bruce Greenwood's character was never Tom Veil. since he never existed, it was so very easy to erase him. all his friends and family were planted as part of the experiment you mentioned. Perhaps the *real* Tom Veil was the sleazy photographer in Doppleganger. the Organization borrowed elements from that Veil and implanted them into Gemini. However, it call all be part of the game! The one thing Tom believes, as he states at the beginning of every show, is that he "is Thomas Veil". Now, They've brought doubt to him on that. Tom Veil is real although is being experimented on. In Calaway, JC tells Tom how he's been altered. The game may be to force him to give up either by handing over the (symbolically important) negatives or doubting is own identity. But there are clues that he really is Tom Veil. The photograph of Tom and his father, at the end of "Father", may be the strongest evidence that his true identity is Veil. Well, it's still great to work on these theories. i think i'm kinda leaning towards the "He really is Tom Veil" theory. Any one else like to jump in? :-) -Justin W. "You know you're going to wake up in a Gemini Dream..." - The Moody Blues

1998-12-21 00:00:00 - Re: A lot of questions - (Ofer LaOr <olaor@no.spam.isdnmail.co.il>)

I almost agree completely. The only catch is that Tom was one of them (i.e., he'll see that when his veil is lifted, no pun intended). I guess he was one stubborn sob and decided to pull away from "them". Since he was one of the big wigs in this mind-control scheme, I guess they decided he knew too much and couldn't remain the way he was (influence from the Prisoner?). Since he had too many friends high at the top (very likely the head of the organization was a very close friend or even a relative, his father perhaps?), he couldn't be made dead. Very likely that he underwent the mind control scheme under his own consent (similar to total recall). Most of his life didn't happen (he was with Alyson 6 months, from what I gathered - everything that happened before that was fabricated in a lab where he was mind washed). Very likely that the woman who posed as his mother was not in actuality his own mother but an actress (like most everyone else he knew). They planted some items, though, to make sure that if he ever started remembering (or cracking), he would be under control. The photograph was one of those items. When he put it up in his show, I guess some lights went off and they started wondering if the real, original, Veil was starting to come out. I guess what they wanted to do was one of three things: 1. Either get him to crack (symbolized by the handing over of the negative) through antagonism, paranoism and simple shocks (i.e., his friend dying, his wife not acknoledging him, his mother, etc.). Subsequently, they can turn him into a new person, which wont harm anyone. 2. Crack him themselves using mind control (1st/2nd episodes, subsequent episodes where they drugged him). This will also have the effect of disabling him without harming him. 3. Get him to recognize who he was and remember. Once he lifts the veil, he'd find out he's one of "Them" and that he himself had, in actuality, caused all of the bad stuff he saw was going on (those different attempts at mass mind-control, mass terror and everything else). Ofer. Vic wrote in message <36734cf6.78871738@news.earthlink.net>... >On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 10:49:53 +0100, "Leentje Smet" ><l.smet@planetinternet.be> wrote: > >>I have watched it over and over again, but there are still things that don't >>seem to make sence, or maybe that's me... > > >Give us more details about what's puzzling you, and we'll give our >opinions. I believe I have the series pretty well figured out after >watching it several times, although Larry may disagree. > >In most of the episodes, Tom runs into people who are part of the mind >control experiment he is the subject of. The giveaway is when they >say, "Give me the negatives." This is who "THEY" are.... their job is >to try and break Tom, to get him to give up and hand over the >negatives, which he has been programmed to think of as his only >valuable possession. This is the game that is going on. Tom has been >brainwashed very thoroughly to believe he was a photojournalist >married to Allyson (or however you spell it!) and that these negatives >are what "they" are after. He believes that the negatives are the >whole object of their pursuit. What he does not know (but we know, >after having seen the whole series) is that the negatives themselves >mean nothing. The object is to make him give up and hand them over. > >In some episodes, such as "The Enemy Within", Tom becomes involved >with people who have nothing to do with "Them". The giveaway is that >they never ask him for the negatives. > >I would categorize episodes as either being "hard" or "soft". >In the hard episodes (such as "Turnabout", "Spider Webb", and "It's >Not Such a Wonderful Life") Tom is directly pursued by "them" and is >directly asked for the negatives. In the soft episodes (such as "The >Incredible Derek", "The Alpha Spike", and "The Enemy Within"), Tom is >not directly asked for the negatives, and the involvement of "them" is >less direct and more difficult to understand. > >Perhaps the main difference is than in the "hard" episodes, "they" are >more in control, having orchestrated the situation... whereas in the >"soft" episodes, Tom has become involved with his own situations that >are not immediately within "their" realm of control. > >??? I guess a lot of long posts may follow this. > > >

1998-12-24 00:00:00 - Just a few thoughts - (Leentje Smet <l.smet@planetinternet.be>)

I was thinking the other day that Tom could have been one of 'them'. Perhaps he was just someone at the top of the 'organization' who 'they' wanted to erase. They replaced everyone when they knew too much. They just made them there little experiments of the mind. He must have been an insider. Maybe his job, before he became Tom Veil, was to erase other people. That would explain why Tom could get the information he needed so easily, or at least that's an impression I get. 'They' must be the government, the FBI or whatever powerful institutes you guys have there in the US. And even if he is Tom Veil (the photographer) and what happened in the last 5 minutes of the last episode was another trick, then he still couldn't go back to his normal everyday life, with the dog, Allyson and his beautiful house in Evanston. She was standing there waving that gun after he got out of the 'coma'. Or maybe that wasn't the real Allyson. I remember my first reaction after I had seen the first episode. I was so surprised that he didn't go the press or e-mail that damn photo all over the world. What could 'they' do then? The more I think about all these things the more answers and questions I get. Tell me I'm not losing my mind... Leen everything I say/do is suspect leensmet@hotmail.com

1998-12-25 00:00:00 - Re: Just a few thoughts - (Ofer LaOr <olaor@no.spam.isdnmail.co.il>)

more likely that his compassion and sensitivity were side effects to the mind washing technique they used on him to turn him into Tom Veil. Ofer. Vic wrote in message <3683254a.52787941@news.earthlink.net>... >On Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:21:59 +0100, "Leentje Smet" ><l.smet@planetinternet.be> wrote: > >>I was thinking the other day that Tom could have been one of 'them'. ><snip> >>Tell me I'm not losing my mind... > > >No, you're not losing your mind! > >The most likely scenarios for us "clue heads" are either that Tom was >just a victim chosen at random, OR he was one of "Them". > >Considering his compassionate personality, I would think that he >worked for "them" in some harmless capacity, believing he was >contributing to some good cause; and upon learning of their evil deeds >he rebelled against them and became Nowhere Man. > >It's also possible that he developed the mind control technique and >volunteered himself to test it (this would fit the arrogant side of >his personality).... but his compassion and sensitivity make this >scenario less likely. > > >