FLM films - My Webpage

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (Captain Jean-Luc Picard <boyd@slkc.uswest.net>)

This is a proposal for alt.tv.the-net, the new USA Network action series starring Brooke Langton. Ms. Langton stars as a computer programmer who accidentally receives an e-mail she isn't supposed to see., and now is on the run. Purpose: alt.tv.the-net is for the discussion of the the new USA Network series "The Net" , a new show starring Brooke Langton as freelance computer programmer Angela Bennett, who goes on the run after seeing an e-mail she wasn't meant to see and is now on the run. Topics of discussion welcome: Any discussion relating to "The Net", its talented star Brooke Langton and the rest of the show's cast, the show's production crew, etc. Discussion of the movie is not only welcome, but is encouraged due to the fact that if it wasn't for the film, the series wouldn't be here. However, keep any large Sandra Bullock discussions confined to alt.fan.sandra-bullock. Topics of discussion not welcome: Spam, excessive crossposting from other newsgroups, off-topic discussions (can't always be helped, though), flame wars (this newsgroup is for DISCUSSION, not insults) Binaries: Not allowed Other purposes: In the event that USA were to cancel "The Net", this newsgroup could be used as a forum to start a revival campaign to ask USA to bring the show back.

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (rick@crick.ssctr.bcm.tmc.edu)

Captain Jean-Luc Picard (boyd@slkc.uswest.net) wrote: : This is a proposal for alt.tv.the-net, the new USA Network action : series starring Brooke Langton. Ms. Langton stars as a computer programmer : who accidentally receives an e-mail she isn't supposed to see., and now is : on the run. : Purpose: alt.tv.the-net is for the discussion of the the new USA : Network series "The Net" , a new show starring Brooke Langton as freelance : computer programmer Angela Bennett, who goes on the run after seeing an : e-mail she wasn't meant to see and is now on the run. it only premiered this week and you want a group for it;the rule of thumb is to wait for renewal for the second season. alt.tv is already littered with the corpses of one to five week wonders and we do not need another one

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (wilsons@calweb.com)

rick@crick.ssctr.bcm.tmc.edu (Richard H. Miller) wrote: >it only premiered this week and you want a group for it;the rule of thumb is >to wait for renewal for the second season. alt.tv is already littered with >the corpses of one to five week wonders and we do not need another one If that "rule of thumb" had been adhered to, we wouldn't have this group. And that would have really been a shame!

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (Bob Flaminio <bob@flaminio.com>)

Lisa W. wrote in message <35ba3351.0@calwebnnrp>... >rick@crick.ssctr.bcm.tmc.edu (Richard H. Miller) wrote: >>it only premiered this week and you want a group for it;the rule of thumb is >>to wait for renewal for the second season. alt.tv is already littered with >>the corpses of one to five week wonders and we do not need another one > >If that "rule of thumb" had been adhered to, we wouldn't have this group. That's kind of the point. >And that would have really been a shame! The shame is yet another dead alt.tv.* group. Wait at least until then end of the first season. Or, find a marginally relevant group (maybe rec.arts.tv), and post with [THE NET] in your subject line. If there are sufficient posts to justify a separate group, come back with the numbers and re-propose. -Bob

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (hummel@world.std.com)

In article <6pdahi$8vr@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, Richard H. Miller <rick@crick.ssctr.bcm.tmc.edu> wrote: > >it only premiered this week and you want a group for it;the rule of thumb is >to wait for renewal for the second season. alt.tv is already littered with >the corpses of one to five week wonders and we do not need another one What he said. -- Franklin Hummel [ hummel@world.std.com ] -- ==================================================================== * NecronomiCon, 4th Edition: The Cthulhu Mythos Convention * August 1999, Providence, RI * Guests: Fred Chappell & T.E.D. Klein Visit our web site at: http://www.necropress.com/necronomicom

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (hummel@world.std.com)

In article <35ba3351.0@calwebnnrp>, Lisa W. <wilsons@calweb.com> wrote: > >If that "rule of thumb" had been adhered to, we wouldn't have this group. >And that would have really been a shame! We also likely would not have as many people crossposting their posts to five, count 'em, FIVE, different newsgroups who think they are only posting to "this group". And that would be A Good Thing. -- Franklin Hummel [ hummel@world.std.com ] -- ==================================================================== * NecronomiCon, 4th Edition: The Cthulhu Mythos Convention * August 1999, Providence, RI * Guests: Fred Chappell & T.E.D. Klein Visit our web site at: http://www.necropress.com/necronomicom

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - ("James C. Ellis" <ellisj@cadvision.com>)

Lisa W. wrote: > > rick@crick.ssctr.bcm.tmc.edu (Richard H. Miller) wrote: > > >it only premiered this week and you want a group for it;the rule of thumb is > >to wait for renewal for the second season. alt.tv is already littered with > >the corpses of one to five week wonders and we do not need another one > > If that "rule of thumb" had been adhered to, we wouldn't have this group. rec.arts.sf.tv wouldn't exist? Oh, you mean _another_ of the 5 groups this has been cross-posted into... ;) Biff -- ------------------------------------------------------------------- "Me? Lady, I'm your worst nightmare - a pumpkin with a gun. [...] Euminides this! " - Mervyn, the Sandman #66 -------------------------------------------------------------------

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (ttha@uhura.cc.rochester.edu)

In article <35ba3351.0@calwebnnrp>, Lisa W. <wilsons@calweb.com> wrote: >rick@crick.ssctr.bcm.tmc.edu (Richard H. Miller) wrote: > > >>it only premiered this week and you want a group for it;the rule of thumb is >>to wait for renewal for the second season. alt.tv is already littered with >>the corpses of one to five week wonders and we do not need another one > >If that "rule of thumb" had been adhered to, we wouldn't have this group. And >that would have really been a shame! Do you have any idea hoe many groups you posted this message to? Here's the list: Newsgroups: alt.config,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv, alt.tv.nowhere-man,alt.tv.lafemme-nikita Since you disagree with the one-year rule, I assume you are posting from alt.tv.nowhere-man. Exactly why is it such a good thing that (a) a group exists to discuss a non-existent tv show, that (b) many news sites do not carry it at all, and (c) the ones that do spend a certain amount of money and resources to carry a group for the television eqivalent of a one-hit wonder. -- Tom Thatcher | You can give a PC to a Homo habilis, University of Rochester Cancer Center | and he'll use it, but he'll use it ttha@uhura.cc.rochester.edu | to crack nuts.

1998-07-25 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (Reverend Sean O'Hara <oharava@erols.com>)

James C. Ellis wrote: > > > If that "rule of thumb" had been adhered to, we wouldn't have this group. > > rec.arts.sf.tv wouldn't exist? > > Oh, you mean _another_ of the 5 groups this has been cross-posted > into... ;) > How I look forward to the day when I can add alt.tv.nowhere-man to my list of inane alt.* followups. -- Reverend Sean O'Hara You to can be an ordained minister: http://ulc.org/ulc "What's FUBAR?" "It's German" Saving Private Ryan

1998-07-27 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (Mark Ottow <mottow@rocketmail.com>)

1998-07-27 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (pf2144@aol.com)

1998-07-28 00:00:00 - Re: PROPOSAL: alt.tv.the-net - (G.V.Kroon@el.utwente.nl)

The accused, "Captain Jean-Luc Picard" <boyd@slkc.uswest.net>, is charged with the possession of illegal thoughts, according to article <35ba28e1.0@news2.uswest.net>. I present exhibit A: > This is a proposal for alt.tv.the-net, the new USA Network action >series starring Brooke Langton. Ms. Langton stars as a computer programmer >who accidentally receives an e-mail she isn't supposed to see., and now is >on the run. [...] Since it's a US series and alt.* is international, a group for it may be better under us.* I know that a lot of US shows are eventually sold world-wide, but this one will probably be sold under another name anyway. A BBC series called "The Net" already exists. This also makes the groupname confusing. -- I don't believe you, He can't be a cowboy and an indian!