FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-11 05:47:17+00:00 - That sickly sweet smell? - ("Patrick D. Rockwell" <hnhc85a@prodigy.net>)

As I mentioned in another post, I spent last weekend watching season 1 of the old 1963 Outer Limits on DVD. In particular, I was curious about "It Crawled Out Of The Woodwork". Do you remember Stu telling Gabby that he came to his apartment and noticed that someone had come in and cleaned up? That there was a sickly sweet smell there? What was that all about? Could Dr. Bloch have sent that energy creature into his apartment for some reason, and it caused the sickly sweet smell? Does anyone have any inside info on out-takes for this episode that would help me? Also, were there any novelizations for Outer Limits (1963)? For "It Crawled Out Of The Woodwork"? Where can I get it if so? What ISBN number? Thanks in advance. -- --------------------------------------------------------------- Patrick D. Rockwell

2003-01-11 06:05:22-08:00 - Re: That sickly sweet smell? - (webbkrawler@msn.com)

Interesting that I also spent last weekend watching "It Crawled Out Of The Woodwork". As for the sickly sweet smell, exactly what was being cleaned up? And I also mentioned this once in another post: Seems that the energy creature would sometimes scare it's victims to death, other times it would zap them out of existence, but, evidently, the cleaning lady at the start survived, since she must have told Dr. Block about it, giving the episode it's title. More interesting were those pacemakers, which were able to bring the dead back to life. Perhaps Norco should have spent more time developing that. Webb "Patrick D. Rockwell" <hnhc85a@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<FdOT9.2207$8O6.1724@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>... > As I mentioned in another post, I spent last weekend watching season 1 of > the old 1963 Outer Limits on DVD. In particular, I was curious about "It > Crawled Out Of The Woodwork". Do you remember Stu telling Gabby that he > came to his apartment and noticed that someone had come in and cleaned up? > That there was a sickly sweet smell there? What was that all about? Could > Dr. Bloch have sent that energy creature into his apartment for some reason, > and it caused the sickly sweet smell? Does anyone have any inside info on > out-takes for this episode that would help me? > > Also, were there any novelizations for Outer Limits (1963)? For "It Crawled > Out Of The Woodwork"? Where can I get it if so? What ISBN number? Thanks in > advance.

2003-01-13 21:49:30+00:00 - Re: That sickly sweet smell? - (Om shanti <bc557@scnnospam.org>)

In article <FdOT9.2207$8O6.1724@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>, Patrick D. Rockwell <hnhc85a@prodigy.net> wrote: > As I mentioned in another post, I spent last weekend watching season 1 of > the old 1963 Outer Limits on DVD. In particular, I was curious about "It > Crawled Out Of The Woodwork". Do you remember Stu telling Gabby that he > came to his apartment and noticed that someone had come in and cleaned up? > That there was a sickly sweet smell there? What was that all about? Could > Dr. Bloch have sent that energy creature into his apartment for some reason, > and it caused the sickly sweet smell? Does anyone have any inside info on > out-takes for this episode that would help me? I love this episode. I'd say you're on track about the sickly sweet smell. Remember that Norco is sort of like the Big Brother Holding Company here--they undoubtedly are responsible. And my guess about the sickly sweet smell stems from the nature of the energy creature. I'd say it's ozone. Let me watch it again, and I'll let you know for sure ;) There is unfortunately no skeleton key to the episode in The Outer Limits Companion. Om shanti

2003-01-13 21:56:39+00:00 - Re: That sickly sweet smell? - (Om shanti <bc557@scnnospam.org>)

In article <f9f4d9a9.0301110605.34375466@posting.google.com>, Webb Krawler <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote: > Interesting that I also spent last weekend watching "It Crawled Out Of > The Woodwork". As for the sickly sweet smell, exactly what was being > cleaned up? And I also mentioned this once in another post: Seems > that the energy creature would sometimes scare it's victims to death, > other times it would zap them out of existence, but, evidently, the > cleaning lady at the start survived, since she must have told Dr. > Block about it, giving the episode it's title. More interesting were > those pacemakers, which were able to bring the dead back to life. > Perhaps Norco should have spent more time developing that. Insightful enough. The cleaning lady probably did survive, which leads me to the next observation... The energy creature is not inherently malicious. I'd even say it's mindless. When it is first visible, in fact, it is quite stationary. The energy creature itself is not at issue: the issue is *who controls the energy creature*. This is the point. The security guard is disintegrated out of existence because he is no longer helpful or necessary--by Dr. Block's order, no doubt. Others are merely killed and resuscitated because they can be put to work corraling the energy that much better. Remember, Block is looking for a foolproof and total control over the thing. You know, of course, that the episode is about nuclear power. Again, not in itself destructive (anymore than the Sun is). The question is always who controls it, and for what purpose.