FLM films - My Webpage

1999-05-13 00:00:00 - Best Outer Limits - (Stain2001 <ribbens@triton.net>)

What is your favorite Outer Limits episode and why? I have to think about that. (to many good ones)

1999-05-14 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (djohn37050@aol.com)

Mine is the Sixth Finger. 1) It totally blew my mind when I saw it. 2) I liked how he evolved beyond hate. 3) Awesome power. Do not mess with him. Do not make him mad. I also like the man who was never born. Don Johnson

1999-05-14 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (stoodin101@aol.com)

1999-05-14 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (Labrys <crow@bite-me.edu>)

1999-05-14 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (Nyarlathotep1@hotmail.com)

In article <19990513231445.22360.00000256@ng66.aol.com>, djohn37050@aol.com (DJohn37050) wrote: > Mine is the Sixth Finger. > 1) It totally blew my mind when I saw it. > 2) I liked how he evolved beyond hate. > 3) Awesome power. Do not mess with him. Do not make him mad. > > I also like the man who was never born. "The Sixth Finger" and "The Man Who was Never Born" are my very favorite two episodes. There are other episodes I really like, including "Corpus Earthling" and "ZZZZZ," but these aren't in the same league as TSF and "The Man..." --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

1999-05-15 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (stoodin101@aol.com)

1999-05-15 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (darkboy48 <darkboy48@hotmail.com>)

StoOdin101 wrote in message <19990514002927.16177.00000330@ng- > FORMS OF THINGS UNKNOWN. It just sums up what the old series was about: Weird >Science, Gothic atmosphere, quirky characters. Does anyone know if MGM ever plans to release this episode with it's alternate ending? I would love to see it but don't want to take the chance on buying a bootleg video that would be of poor quality. Any information would be appreciated.

1999-05-15 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (stoodin101@aol.com)

>Does anyone know if MGM ever plans to release this episode with it's >alternate ending? I doubt it... " The one test of the really weird is just this -- whether or not there be excited in the reader a profound sense of dread, and of contact with unknown spheres and powers...." --- H.P. Lovecraft

1999-05-15 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (bo@zo.net)

Demon With A Glass Hand. It's the best of the second season by far, and every bit as good as (if not better than) The Man Who Was Never Born, The Sixth Finger, Corpus Earthling, and all the other great first season shows. As long as we're picking favorites, my favorite "bad" episode is Cold Hands, Warm Heart, with William Shatner. Why? Well...the exterior scenes at the start of the show were shot just a few blocks from my house, at TRW in Redondo Beach, CA. I was three years old at the time, so I don't have any memory of seeing anyone shooting anything. That round, quonset-hut type building in the background is (or was) the building housing the pool at my old high school. Shatner returned a few years later when they filmed a few exteriors for a Star Trek episode at the same location. "Project Vulcan," indeed!

1999-05-16 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (Nyarlathotep1@hotmail.com)

In article <373efabc.15542797@news.supernews.com>, bo@zo.net (Beauzeaux) wrote: > Demon With A Glass Hand. It's the best of the second season by far, > and every bit as good as (if not better than) The Man Who Was Never > Born, The Sixth Finger, Corpus Earthling, and all the other great > first season shows. It's been ages since I've seen "Demon..." but everyone seems to agree that it's an outstanding episode. I'll look for it. > As long as we're picking favorites, my favorite "bad" episode is Cold > Hands, Warm Heart, with William Shatner. Why? Well...the exterior > scenes at the start of the show were shot just a few blocks from my > house, at TRW in Redondo Beach, CA. I was three years old at the time, > so I don't have any memory of seeing anyone shooting anything. That > round, quonset-hut type building in the background is (or was) the > building housing the pool at my old high school. Shatner returned a > few years later when they filmed a few exteriors for a Star Trek > episode at the same location. "Project Vulcan," indeed! > Interesting story. My favorite "bad" episode is "Counterweight." The characters are so stereotypical, the laser-alien is silly, and the plant-monster-incarnation of the alien is just ridiculous. Still, I like the unraveling of the characters, and the initially subtle indications that the botanist's plant might be...unplantlike. The score is great, too. And there's some subtle humor in the interaction between the hostess and the female anthropologist. --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

1999-05-17 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (Labrys <crow@bite-me.edu>)

In article <373efabc.15542797@news.supernews.com>, bo@zo.net (Beauzeaux) wrote: > Demon With A Glass Hand. It's the best of the second season by far, > and every bit as good as (if not better than) The Man Who Was Never > Born, The Sixth Finger, Corpus Earthling, and all the other great > first season shows. It's one of my faves of the entire original series. Shot in the "Bradbury" building later used in Blade Runner. The second season shows weren't that bad. Admittedly, they weren't as good on average as the first season. But what I think really hurt season 2 was the loss of Dom Frontiere's musical score. That segment in TMWWNB when Andro grabs Cabot by the collar and screams "I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU, BUT I WILL!!!" is unparalleled even today. If you can find the GNP Crescendo CD collection of the Outer Limits score & sound effects, buy it. Definitely worth full price. -- Teresa E. Tutt email: tuttt@psfc.mit.edu Graduate Student, (G2) Phone: 617-253-9853 Alcator C-MOD Group, Office: NW17-281 Current project: Zeeman Polarimetry Spectrometer

1999-05-18 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (stoodin101@aol.com)

1999-05-20 00:00:00 - Re: Best Outer Limits - (Nyarlathotep1@hotmail.com)

In article <3740769F.79F58C75@bite-me.edu>, Labrys <crow@bite-me.edu> wrote: > > Demon With A Glass Hand. It's the best of the second season by far, > > and every bit as good as (if not better than) The Man Who Was Never > > Born, The Sixth Finger, Corpus Earthling, and all the other great > > first season shows. > > It's one of my faves of the entire original series. I'll be sure to look for it. Incidentally, the episodes I have on video are: The Man Who was Never Born, The Sixth Finger, Corpus Earthling, The Forms of Things Unknown, The Architects of Fear, Don't Open Til Doomesday, ZZZZZ, It Crawled out of the Woodwork, The Human Factor, A Feasibility Study, The Special One, A Feasibility Study, Counterweight, Specimen: Unknown, and the Zanti Misfits. (I got rid of Moonstone, The Invisibles, Nightmare, and The Duplicate Man.) In addition to Demon with the Glass Hand, what are some other exceptional episodes that I don't have? --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---