FLM films - My Webpage

2001-03-24 04:14:33+00:00 - Patient Zero - (jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net>)

**** SPOILER BUFFER **** **** END OF SPOILER BUFFER **** I don't understand, in the end the second guy from the future tells the first guy that he's the new patient zero and that he can't go back to the future otherwise he would infect everyone else, and yet in the last scene they show a shot of the two stepping into the time portal while he's dying. Won't he contaminate the future now? Why didn't the second guy just leave him there in the past?

2001-03-24 21:13:13+00:00 - Re: Patient Zero - (apbluthman@aol.com)

2001-03-24 22:40:03+00:00 - Re: Patient Zero - (stoodin101@aol.com)

2001-03-25 02:48:34+00:00 - Re: Patient Zero - (apbluthman@aol.com)

2001-03-26 23:00:26-08:00 - Re: Patient Zero - (joshua fraim <theimortal1@qwest.net>)

"Dan Hartung" <dhartung@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:xdVv6.6944$IA1.535681@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > "APBluthman" <apbluthman@aol.com> wrote in message > news:20010324161313.23457.00000685@ng-mg1.aol.com... > > Because Col. Beckett's corpse would contaminate the past -- they > don't expect > > him to be contagious there and his corpse would infect the hospital > where they > > do the autopsy. In the future (implied, not shown) they have a > "clean room" > > ready and waiting for the disposal (probably by incineration) of the > body. They > > must also kill the other officer who returned Col. Beckett -- now > Patient 1 -- > > and dispose of his body. > > > > The above is not what is wrong with the episode. > > > > Work out the story logic and you will see a glaring flaw. Post your > thoughts > > here, and we will discuss whether you are right. > > Hmm. Well, the biggest one I can come up with is that he has contact > with her AFTER collecting all three of the vectors. she was one of the three vectors. they showed it, the youth that sneezed at him, the blood of the doctor and her saliva when he drank from the same can that she did. so coming in contact with her completed it. > > After that there are just issues with how they handle the > changes-in-past vs. changes-in-future problem. > > >

2001-03-27 05:06:37+00:00 - Re: Patient Zero - (Dan Hartung <dhartung@spamcop.net>)

"APBluthman" <apbluthman@aol.com> wrote in message news:20010324161313.23457.00000685@ng-mg1.aol.com... > Because Col. Beckett's corpse would contaminate the past -- they don't expect > him to be contagious there and his corpse would infect the hospital where they > do the autopsy. In the future (implied, not shown) they have a "clean room" > ready and waiting for the disposal (probably by incineration) of the body. They > must also kill the other officer who returned Col. Beckett -- now Patient 1 -- > and dispose of his body. > > The above is not what is wrong with the episode. > > Work out the story logic and you will see a glaring flaw. Post your thoughts > here, and we will discuss whether you are right. Hmm. Well, the biggest one I can come up with is that he has contact with her AFTER collecting all three of the vectors. After that there are just issues with how they handle the changes-in-past vs. changes-in-future problem.