FLM films - My Webpage

2002-06-08 23:08:00-04:00 - Control Voice - (UU <hut@jabba.com>)

Does anyone know ? Is the original control voice fellow still "with us ?" I've always felt the original CV was SO MUCH better than the new one - no insult intended here - it's just that the original CV STILL gives me shivers when I hear it - and so do the original musical scores ! BTW - although I'm looking fwd to getting the DVD - my brother and I managed to collect ALL the classic OL epeisodes some years ago (thanks to TNT !) OL FOREVER !!!!!!!

2002-06-09 10:59:09-04:00 - Re: Control Voice - (WebKrawlr@webtv.net)

The Control Voice was Vic Perrin, and I believe he passed away in 1989. He was also an actor... (you can find him in a Star Trek episode entitled "Mirror Mirror", if you are a Star Trek fan). I know he also appeared in "Mission: Impossible", and probably other series around that time, as well as voiceovers, including Outer Limits. Yes, his voice was unique.

2002-06-10 21:13:22-04:00 - Re: Control Voice - (Tim Sturges <twattss@gowebway.com>)

His name is/was Nick Perrin,I'm not 100% on if hes still around,he did do a guest on the original Star Trek,the episode eludes me,yes,he still creeps me too!. "UU" <hut@jabba.com> wrote in message news:ug5hfn5cap3u9a@corp.supernews.com... > Does anyone know ? Is the original control voice fellow still "with us ?" > I've always felt the original CV was SO MUCH better than the new one - no > insult intended here - it's just that the original CV STILL gives me shivers > when I hear it - and so do the original musical scores ! > BTW - although I'm looking fwd to getting the DVD - my brother and I managed > to collect ALL the classic OL epeisodes some years ago (thanks to TNT !) > OL FOREVER !!!!!!! > >

2002-06-27 00:56:50+00:00 - Re: Control Voice - (Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net>)

"Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:210620021249181270%no@spam.invalid... > In article <ae3imu$qjg$1@slb2.atl.mindspring.net>, Tim Sturges > <twattss@gowebway.com> wrote: > > > His name is/was Nick Perrin,I'm not 100% on if hes still around,he did do a > > guest on the original Star Trek,the episode eludes me,yes,he still creeps me > > too!. > > It's Vic Perrin, actually, who was the original Control Voice. According to IMDB most of his carreer was voices and narratives. He did several Star Treks, but only one on camera, as the head of the Halkan council who refuses to give the Federation dilithium in "Mirror, Mirror". Date of birth (location) 26 April 1916, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, USA Date of death (details) 4 July 1989, Los Angeles, California, USA. (age 73) "Star Trek" (1966) playing "Tharn" in episode: "Mirror, Mirror" (episode # 2.4) 10/6/1967 "Star Trek" (1966) playing "Nomad"(voice) in episode: "Changeling, The" (episode # 2.3) 9/29/1967 "Star Trek" (1966) playing "Metron"(voice) in episode: "Arena" (episode # 1.18) 1/19/1967 "Star Trek" (1966) playing ""child" Balok (voiceover)" in episode: "Corbomite Maneuver, The" (episode # 1.3) 11/10/1966