FLM films - My Webpage

2002-01-16 20:23:46+00:00 - Demon With A Glass Hand questions. - ("Patrick D. Rockwell" <prockwell@thegrid.net>)

I have a few questions about Demon With A Glass Hand. 1. You remember how at first Trent had Breech tied to a gate and questioned him? Breech said that his fellow Kybens took an office in the Dixon building and set up the time mirror there. Later, the glass hand said that one of the offices was a front for the Kyben. Breech also said that the Kyben had been genetically altered to look human. Does that mean that the Kyben's real form was more alien that what we saw on TV, or that what we saw on TV WAS their real form and that there were Kyben who looked perfectly human and were posing as passport photographers and interacting with 20th century humans (since the mirror was set up in a passport photography office)? 2. Was the issue in question #1 covered in the Demon With A Glass Hand comic book which came out in 1986? I've seen a few pictures on the Web from it, one showing Consuelo pulling a medallion off of a perfectly human looking Kyben. Did that comic book show human AND alien looking Kyben? Would the library have a copy of it or can it all be viewed on the Web? I'm intrigued. 3. Is David Twohy (Pitch Black) still working on the Demon With A Glass Hand movie? -- Patrick D. Rockwell mailto:prockwell@thegrid.net mailto:HNHC85A@prodigy.net mailto:patri48975@aol.com

2002-01-16 22:17:40+00:00 - Re: Demon With A Glass Hand questions. - (Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@io.com>)

Several years ago, Babylon 5 fans were thrilled by the news from J. Michael Straczynski that Harlan Ellison was working on a DWAGH sequel set on Babylon 5. There were even rumor that Robert Kulp was interested in the role. Alas, nothing but rumors...

2002-01-17 11:43:04+00:00 - Re: Demon With A Glass Hand questions. - (stoodin101@aol.com)

> Breech also >said that the Kyben had been >genetically altered to look human. Does that mean that the Kyben's real >form was more alien that what >we saw on TV, or that what we saw on TV WAS their real form and that >there were Kyben who >looked perfectly human and were posing as passport photographers and >interacting with 20th century humans (since the mirror was set up in a >passport photography office)? One of Ellison's eternal gripes with this ep is the Kyben makeup. They were all supposed to have looked completely human, no black shadows around their eyes, no stockings over their faces, no shower caps on their heads. Someone at ABC decided they had to look a little weird to give the show its weekly monster. Ellison wrote several stories featuring the Kyben; they are a sort of Tolkien-elven looking race, with golden skin and blood. They were the enemy that the ships in HUMAN OPERATORS were originally built to fight; I was surprised that the new OL didn't mention them in their adaptation of that story, as they like to make references to the old series, and a Kyben/DEMON connection would have been right up their alley, one would think. "Increasingly accelerate the current of your intuition." --- Karlheinz Stockhausen Cthulhu Mythos site: http://members.fortunecity.com/moderan/index.html

2002-01-17 19:40:09+00:00 - Re: Demon With A Glass Hand questions. - ("Patrick D. Rockwell" <prockwell@thegrid.net>)

J.B.L. wrote: > > Breech also > >said that the Kyben had been > >genetically altered to look human. Does that mean that the Kyben's real > >form was more alien that what > >we saw on TV, or that what we saw on TV WAS their real form and that > >there were Kyben who > >looked perfectly human and were posing as passport photographers and > >interacting with 20th century humans (since the mirror was set up in a > >passport photography office)? > > One of Ellison's eternal gripes with this ep is the Kyben makeup. They were all > supposed to have looked completely human, no black shadows around their eyes, > no stockings over their faces, no shower caps on their heads. Someone at ABC > decided they had to look a little weird to give the show its weekly monster. Hmm, I might have read wrong, but I thought that Ellison had wanted them to look More alien. Well, thanks. But can you give me your interpretation of how it was handled in the Outer Limits episode? Were the Kyben in their natural form when they persued Trent? I'd always assumed that the eye shadowed look had been as human as they could get themselves, and that their real form was supposed to be even MORE alien, but all that talk about using the office as a front for the time mirror made me think that there were perfectly human looking Kyben posing as Earthmen, and interracting with locals of the 20th century. :-) Anyone else? Also, why were there seemingly two types of Kyben in that episode? One wore the cap and dark tunic. The other wore what looked like a nylon stocking over there faces, no caps, and a grey tunic? The difference was never explained in the story. Was it explained the The Official Outer Limits Companion? > Ellison wrote several stories featuring the Kyben; they are a sort of > Tolkien-elven looking race, with golden skin and blood. They were the enemy > that the ships in HUMAN OPERATORS were originally built to fight; I was > surprised that the new OL didn't mention them in their adaptation of that > story, as they like to make references to the old series, and a Kyben/DEMON > connection would have been right up their alley, one would think. Hmm, I didn't know that. I'd heard about the Kyben in his other stories. I think I'd like to read them. -- Patrick D. Rockwell mailto:prockwell@thegrid.net mailto:HNHC85A@prodigy.net mailto:patri48975@aol.com

2002-01-17 19:44:20+00:00 - Re: Demon With A Glass Hand questions. - ("Patrick D. Rockwell" <prockwell@thegrid.net>)

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote: > Several years ago, Babylon 5 fans were thrilled by > the news from J. Michael Straczynski that Harlan Ellison > was working on a DWAGH sequel set on Babylon 5. There > were even rumor that Robert Kulp was interested in the role. > > Alas, nothing but rumors... Yes, but now there is supposed to be this up and coming movie. Check it out here! http://www.upcomingmovies.com/demonwithaglasshand.html -- Patrick D. Rockwell mailto:prockwell@thegrid.net mailto:HNHC85A@prodigy.net mailto:patri48975@aol.com

2002-05-27 12:36:54-05:00 - Re: Demon With A Glass Hand questions. - (Dilbert Firestorm <scanb31@directvinternet.com>)

hey are you talking about an old OL episode with Robert Culp?

2002-05-27 23:13:08-04:00 - Re: Demon With A Glass Hand questions. - (Brandon Shaw <brandns9@mindspring.com>)

Something about my mail program won't let me see the message you're responding to, but I know that "Demon With a Glass Hand," one of my favorite episodes, starred Robert Culp and Arlene Martel (who would go on to play Mr. Spock's wife in Star Trek). It was written by the very excellent science fiction writer Harlan Ellison. "Dilbert Firestorm" <scanb31@directvinternet.com> wrote in message news:3CF26EB6.2058C108@directvinternet.com... > hey are you talking about an old OL episode with Robert Culp? >