FLM films - My Webpage

2001-03-30 23:28:34-05:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (seaotter <Seaotters@mindspring.com>)

2001-03-31 00:58:39-05:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (Michelle Malkin <malkinb7@mindspring.com>)

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 04:45:47 GMT, jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net> wrote: >Anyone see this episode of "The Outer Limits" >tonight? > >*SPOILER BUFFER* >9 >8 >7 >. >. > > > > > >3 >2 >1 >0 >*END OF SPOILER BUFFER* > >It presents a very interesting scenario >where a group of people set out to follow >a religious leader to start a new life. >One person eventually finds out that it's >only a plot by aliens to capture them >and raise them to be slaves. > >Hypothetically speaking, what if religion >really is a plot by someone to capture us >and raise us to be slaves? > >How can we break the cycle of deception? I wondered how many conservative religionists were watching this, and if they continued watching it, once they realized the point being made. The end of the show was horrifying, but it was no different than what fundamentalist religions have done for centuries - some still do (not by fire, but other ways just as horrifying) and the ones that can't, resent not being allowed to have such control over peoples' lives. The anti-fundamentalist backlash has truly begun, if shows like this one have gotten past the censors. Thank goodness! Michelle Malkin (Mickey) ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ aa #1 ULC #3 EAC Bible Thumper Thumper BAAWA Knight Who Says SPONG! SMASH member ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ http://www.50megs.com/www2/questioner http://www2.50megs.com/questioner/ http://questioner.www2.50megs.com/Books_For_Atheist_Parents_And_Children.html http://www.thehungersite.com http://bigcats.care2.com http://rainforest.care2.com//

2001-03-31 04:45:47+00:00 - Outer Limits - The New Life - (jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net>)

Anyone see this episode of "The Outer Limits" tonight? *SPOILER BUFFER* 9 8 7 . . 3 2 1 0 *END OF SPOILER BUFFER* It presents a very interesting scenario where a group of people set out to follow a religious leader to start a new life. One person eventually finds out that it's only a plot by aliens to capture them and raise them to be slaves. Hypothetically speaking, what if religion really is a plot by someone to capture us and raise us to be slaves? How can we break the cycle of deception?

2001-03-31 06:42:15+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (Dan Hartung <dhartung@spamcop.net>)

"jtnews" <jtnews@optonline.net> wrote in message news:3AC560F2.A7B5876D@optonline.net... > Anyone see this episode of "The Outer Limits" > tonight? > > *SPOILER BUFFER* > 9 > 8 > 7 > . > . > > > > > > 3 > 2 > 1 > 0 > *END OF SPOILER BUFFER* > > It presents a very interesting scenario > where a group of people set out to follow > a religious leader to start a new life. > One person eventually finds out that it's > only a plot by aliens to capture them > and raise them to be slaves. > > Hypothetically speaking, what if religion > really is a plot by someone to capture us > and raise us to be slaves? Well, in that case, they've been awfully busy. There's about a thousand different varieties out there ... I don't think that this episode can be said to be strictly anti-religion. Daniel kept his faith at first because he saw the good that came from the community; it was only after that trust was violated that he began to rebel. > How can we break the cycle of deception? The community here had its free will taken away from it. They couldn't leave. Unfortunately, there are cults that act in this manner, and will attack anyone who leaves or tries to. There's a particular one I have in mind that actually has a secret text that states that the foundation of its beliefs was given to them by aliens, but you can only see this secret text if you have been in the cult for a very long time. Otherwise they claim, and for many purposes are, a "normal" religion, and I'm sure many people experience nothing out of the ordinary. Although its members have free will and may leave, if they do so they are shunned; if they speak against the cult they are defamed, harassed, sued, and even physically attacked. This applies to other small religious sects that I'm sure I don't need to enumerate examples. In any case, I believe the loss of free will and the invasive techniques (such as the transponder in the child) were the key reasons for rebellion. Without that, it's more difficult to say what's wrong. Most of us have religion, but we still have our free will.

2001-03-31 19:34:56+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (firewevr@god.airmail.net)

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 04:45:47 GMT, jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net> wrote: >Anyone see this episode of "The Outer Limits" >tonight? > >*SPOILER BUFFER* >9 >8 >7 >. >. > > > > > >3 >2 >1 >0 >*END OF SPOILER BUFFER* > >It presents a very interesting scenario >where a group of people set out to follow >a religious leader to start a new life. >One person eventually finds out that it's >only a plot by aliens to capture them >and raise them to be slaves. > >Hypothetically speaking, what if religion >really is a plot by someone to capture us >and raise us to be slaves? > >How can we break the cycle of deception? Can you spell out the plot a little more? I remember seeing an episode a few weeks back where a preacher began attracting followers by working "miracles" -- the products of some alien technology hidden in the bible he carried about with him all the time. The preacher was an alien who ate people. Is this the same episode or are you thinking of a different one? Erikc (alt.atheist #002) | "An Fhirinne in aghaidh an tSaoil." BAAWA Knight | "The Truth against the World." | -- Bardic Motto ====== Remove god to respond. ====== At one point in time, many of us actually had Jesus as our personal lord and saviour. Unfortunately, we later had to dismiss him for incompetence, gross negligence, misconduct and consistent failure to show up for work.

2001-03-31 20:58:52+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net>)

Bored With The Boring Again wrote: > Can you spell out the plot a little more? I remember seeing an > episode a few weeks back where a preacher began attracting followers > by working "miracles" -- the products of some alien technology hidden > in the bible he carried about with him all the time. The preacher was > an alien who ate people. > > Is this the same episode or are you thinking of a different one? I think this is a different one. This is the new series which hasn't aired before.

2001-04-01 16:08:43+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com)

In article <3AC64507.9A9BE4C2@optonline.net>, jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net> wrote: -Bored With The Boring Again wrote: - -> Can you spell out the plot a little more? I remember seeing an -> episode a few weeks back where a preacher began attracting followers -> by working "miracles" -- the products of some alien technology hidden -> in the bible he carried about with him all the time. The preacher was -> an alien who ate people. -> -> Is this the same episode or are you thinking of a different one? - -I think this is a different one. -This is the new series which hasn't -aired before. It was a different one..... The ;eader takes folks out to a "settlemet" supposedly in the pristine woods of North America, where they live the simple life. It turns out that they are actually on a gigantic spaceship which will take 500 years to the reach the final destiation, bu which time all the agreesive, rebellious, hotsile emotions wikk be "bred out" of this particular batch of humans so they will be perfect slaves. Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Heights/1734 - Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches http://www.ufmcc.com Every 3.6 seconds a real person dies from hunger somewhere in the world!!! Feed a hungry person today: http://www.hungersite.com Every day 1800 children woldwide are infected with HIV. Please help provide care: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

2001-04-01 18:43:32+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (firewevr@god.airmail.net)

On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 16:08:43 GMT, RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com (Ninure Saunders) wrote: >In article <3AC64507.9A9BE4C2@optonline.net>, jtnews ><jtnews@optonline.net> wrote: > >-Bored With The Boring Again wrote: >- >-> Can you spell out the plot a little more? I remember seeing an >-> episode a few weeks back where a preacher began attracting followers >-> by working "miracles" -- the products of some alien technology hidden >-> in the bible he carried about with him all the time. The preacher was >-> an alien who ate people. >-> >-> Is this the same episode or are you thinking of a different one? >- >-I think this is a different one. >-This is the new series which hasn't >-aired before. > > >It was a different one..... > >The ;eader takes folks out to a "settlemet" supposedly in the pristine >woods of North America, where they live the simple life. > >It turns out that they are actually on a gigantic spaceship which will >take 500 years to the reach the final destiation, bu which time all the >agreesive, rebellious, hotsile emotions wikk be "bred out" of this >particular batch of humans so they will be perfect slaves. Thanks. I'll be looking forward to seeing it. Was it on cable or broadcast? Erikc (alt.atheist #002) | "An Fhirinne in aghaidh an tSaoil." BAAWA Knight | "The Truth against the World." | -- Bardic Motto ====== Remove god to respond. ====== At one point in time, many of us actually had Jesus as our personal lord and saviour. Unfortunately, we later had to dismiss him for incompetence, gross negligence, misconduct and consistent failure to show up for work.

2001-04-01 20:40:42+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net>)

Bored With The Boring Again wrote: > Thanks. I'll be looking forward to seeing it. Was it on cable or > broadcast? sci-fi channel on cable www.scifi.com

2001-04-01 22:23:13+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (firewevr@god.airmail.net)

On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 20:40:42 GMT, jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net> wrote: >Bored With The Boring Again wrote: > >> Thanks. I'll be looking forward to seeing it. Was it on cable or >> broadcast? > >sci-fi channel on cable > >www.scifi.com When do you suppose it will make it to broadcast syndication? Erikc (alt.atheist #002) | "An Fhirinne in aghaidh an tSaoil." BAAWA Knight | "The Truth against the World." | -- Bardic Motto ====== Remove god to respond. ====== At one point in time, many of us actually had Jesus as our personal lord and saviour. Unfortunately, we later had to dismiss him for incompetence, gross negligence, misconduct and consistent failure to show up for work.

2001-04-02 02:39:03+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (jtnews <jtnews@optonline.net>)

Bored With The Boring Again wrote: > When do you suppose it will make it to broadcast syndication? > i don't know. I've been making videotapes of the new series so far though.

2001-04-02 13:34:26+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com)

In article <9D2EFD3B12897D41.E62939643D06169F.D3DDE7B7A389627C@lp.airnews.net>, firewevr@god.airmail.net ("Bored With The Boring Again") wrote: -On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 16:08:43 GMT, RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com -(Ninure Saunders) wrote: - ->In article <3AC64507.9A9BE4C2@optonline.net>, jtnews -><jtnews@optonline.net> wrote: -> ->-Bored With The Boring Again wrote: ->- ->-> Can you spell out the plot a little more? I remember seeing an ->-> episode a few weeks back where a preacher began attracting followers ->-> by working "miracles" -- the products of some alien technology hidden ->-> in the bible he carried about with him all the time. The preacher was ->-> an alien who ate people. ->-> ->-> Is this the same episode or are you thinking of a different one? ->- ->-I think this is a different one. ->-This is the new series which hasn't ->-aired before. -> -> ->It was a different one..... -> ->The ;eader takes folks out to a "settlemet" supposedly in the pristine ->woods of North America, where they live the simple life. -> ->It turns out that they are actually on a gigantic spaceship which will ->take 500 years to the reach the final destiation, bu which time all the ->agreesive, rebellious, hotsile emotions wikk be "bred out" of this ->particular batch of humans so they will be perfect slaves. - -Thanks. I'll be looking forward to seeing it. Was it on cable or -broadcast? It was on cable in the (USA), on the Sci-Fi Channel, which means it should appear on FOX in the near future I imagine. Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Heights/1734 - Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches http://www.ufmcc.com Every 3.6 seconds a real person dies from hunger somewhere in the world!!! Feed a hungry person today: http://www.hungersite.com Every day 1800 children woldwide are infected with HIV. Please help provide care: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

2001-04-02 19:46:25+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits - The New Life - (Dan Hartung <dhartung@spamcop.net>)

""Bored With The Boring Again"" <firewevr@god.airmail.net> wrote in message news:31C6BDC911B92445.F411801C98DBF169.BF87F094B71261DD@lp.airnews.net ... > When do you suppose it will make it to broadcast syndication? I'm pretty sure the syndicated episodes are only a year behind the original cablecast.