FLM films - My Webpage

2001-10-14 07:01:08+00:00 - question about S7 in syndication - (Soldier <soldier@thegate.net>)

Since I find I'm able to catch S7 on a syndicated network (airing on KPLR / "The WB" / "WB 11" in my area), which is great, but, I wondering something; I remember hearing about a change of open title sequence (the collage of imagery, with the opening theme) thats different for the SciFi network, but ...I dont seem to notice ANYTHING different for S7 then what was, for S6 and earlier (up until I THINK about S4 or so), so I'm wondering why the new opening title sequence would not match that of whats being shown on SciFi, surely there'd be no ...I dont know, legal stipulations or whatever?

2001-10-28 23:34:47+00:00 - Re: question about S7 in syndication - (stoodin101@aol.com)

>I'm wondering why the new >opening title sequence would not match that of whats being shown on SciFi, >surely there'd be no ...I dont know, legal stipulations or whatever? I didn't think S7 was syndicated yet! Are you sure you're not seeing season 6? There is a definitely new intro on S7, a cloud man, House of Escher, etc. "Music is not a language; it doesn't have the task of expressing something through sounds and symbols. Music stands by itself; there's nothing beyond it."-Iannis Xenakis Cthulhu Mythos site: http://members.fortunecity.com/moderan/index.html

2001-10-31 06:02:09+00:00 - Re: question about S7 in syndication - (joshua fraim <theimortal2@home.com>)

yeah syndication started in late september like all seasons. i haven't watched it yet to see the opening though. i know it started cause i saw the season premiere listed in late september. "J.B.L." <stoodin101@aol.com> wrote in message news:20011028183447.28668.00000699@mb-cg.aol.com... > >I'm wondering why the new > >opening title sequence would not match that of whats being shown on SciFi, > >surely there'd be no ...I dont know, legal stipulations or whatever? > > I didn't think S7 was syndicated yet! Are you sure you're not seeing season 6? > There is a definitely new intro on S7, a cloud man, House of Escher, etc. > > > > > > > "Music is not a language; it doesn't have the task of expressing something > through sounds and symbols. Music stands by itself; there's nothing beyond > it."-Iannis Xenakis > Cthulhu Mythos site: http://members.fortunecity.com/moderan/index.html

2001-11-01 02:52:40+00:00 - Re: question about S7 in syndication - (Soldier <soldier@thegate.net>)

On 28 Oct 2001 23:34:47 GMT, J.B.L. wrote: > >I didn't think S7 was syndicated yet! Are you sure you're not seeing season 6? >There is a definitely new intro on S7, a cloud man, House of Escher, etc. > Yea, I think Sept. or something like that, I know for sure, because of the titles ("THE VESSEL", "FAMILY VALUES", and "THE SURROGATE" to name a few), but, whats strange is that, when ...S5 (well, it was somethin' around S4, 5 or 6 maybe even, that started on NBC late night for a period of time, before it switched - without any notification that I noticed, of any kind, around here) came around, in syndication, a new opening sequence was used (presumably, that what was being used for - at the time as well) showtime! Anyway, because I heard that there were changes to the opening sequence, and when S7 started to aire on a syndicated network, but seemed to lack the changes described, I thought it was kind of strange... so ..kinda sucks, but what also seems kind of slightly disappointing, is that it SEEMS like some of the stories I've seen so far, are ideas recycled from previous seasons, but, altered (some of the footage is noticbly the same; THE VESSEL for example, seem to have borrowed a scene from what I'm sure was used for FINAL EXAM - the scene involving bomb experts attempting to disable the cold fusion bomb/device - it also had a pretty promising start, but the ending seemed to also be a slightly recycled idea) THE SURROGATE I wasnt totally disappointed with, it was rather suspencful, and creepy too, and the ending wasnt entirely expected either. > > > > > >"Music is not a language; it doesn't have the task of expressing something >through sounds and symbols. Music stands by itself; there's nothing beyond >it."-Iannis Xenakis >Cthulhu Mythos site: http://members.fortunecity.com/moderan/index.html