FLM films - My Webpage

1999-09-13 00:00:00 - Outer Limits on radio? - (Trancser <Trancser@Freenet.Nether.Net>)

I know that the outer limits premiered on t.v. before star trek (1963 ...right?) but I never knew or would've thought, that OL was actually on RADIO? The reason for asking, is my mother mentioned this to me, although she could be mistakeing it for another ...radio show turned t.v. series but I thought I'd ask... anyone know?

1999-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Outer Limits on radio? - ("Robert F. Golaszewski" <mildred@prodigy.net>)

Trancser <Trancser@Freenet.Nether.Net> wrote in message news:37DDC27D.CB2CFBC1@Freenet.Nether.Net... > I know that the outer limits premiered on t.v. before star trek (1963 > ...right?) but I never knew or would've thought, that OL was actually on > RADIO? The reason for asking, is my mother mentioned this to me, > although she could be mistakeing it for another ...radio show turned > t.v. series but I thought I'd ask... anyone know? I've never heard such, and I suspect she is confusing this with something else. Or, perhaps two unrelated programs with the same name. I'd be surprised if the people involved in OL on TV would have been around producing radio dramas, as they more or less vanished about a decade earlier. -- -Robert F. Golaszewski "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." -Voltaire Visit http://third-plateau.lycaeum.org for the best general interest site on the Net about DXM (dextromethorphan) used recreationally. Also, The DXM FAQ is at www.frognet.net/dxm If you want to know about DXM: READ IT!

1999-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Outer Limits on radio? - (jrp32@NOSPAM.bellsouth.net)

Hi, I'm going to throw out a real SWAG here. 'The Inner Sanctum'. On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 01:12:28 -0400, "Robert F. Golaszewski" <mildred@prodigy.net> wrote: >Trancser <Trancser@Freenet.Nether.Net> wrote in message >news:37DDC27D.CB2CFBC1@Freenet.Nether.Net... > > >> I know that the outer limits premiered on t.v. before star trek (1963 >> ...right?) but I never knew or would've thought, that OL was actually on >> RADIO? The reason for asking, is my mother mentioned this to me, >> although she could be mistakeing it for another ...radio show turned >> t.v. series but I thought I'd ask... anyone know? > > > > I've never heard such, and I suspect she is confusing this with >something else. Or, perhaps two unrelated programs with the same name. I'd >be surprised if the people involved in OL on TV would have been around >producing radio dramas, as they more or less vanished about a decade >earlier.

1999-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Outer Limits on radio? - (Trancser <Trancser@Freenet.Nether.Net>)

1999-09-16 00:00:00 - Re: Outer Limits on radio? - (stoodin101@aol.com)

>Yes! she did mention that being on radio as well... LIMITS was never on radio. It was conceived by Leslie Stevens as a vehicle for the television media. She may be thinking of the great X MINUS ONE, or even LIGHTS OUT, both of which often mined the same territory OL would cover on TeeVee. " The one test of the really weird is just this -- whether or not there be excited in the reader a profound sense of dread, and of contact with unknown spheres and powers...." --- H.P. Lovecraft

1999-09-17 00:00:00 - Re: Outer Limits on radio? - (jrp32@NOSPAM.bellsouth.net)

I am thinking that if my memory serves me well, there was a tv version of the inner sanctum in the early fifties. But being a near infant.....all i really remember is that door opening, which was most effective on radio. I seem to remember hearing it from the TV as well, probably a half hour before 'The Camel Cavalcade of Sports'. :) On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:47:03 -0400, Trancser <Trancser@Freenet.Nether.Net> wrote: > > >> Hi, >> I'm going to throw out a real SWAG here. 'The Inner Sanctum'. >> > >Yes! she did mention that being on radio as well... > >Hmm... I wonder if anyone produces The Inner Sanctum for television :) > >