FLM films - My Webpage

2002-02-10 23:25:19+00:00 - favorite show - (sconnet <sconnet@USENETcox.net>)

Man, Outer Limits was my favorite show. Now that was quality programming! It came on here in Phoenix at 4:00pm on a lazy Sunday afternoon. What a great way to relax and wind down the weekend. Now it's gone. The only time it is on is at 12:05am on Monday. Who is up that late? I don't understand why most TV stations air the show at crazy late hours? Isn't it a cool show? Is it not as popular as I think it should be? Am I in a minority of people "enthralled" by the show? How can we get it on-air more often, at better times? I don't have cable and I don't want to pay for all of cable when I would probably only watch the SciFi and Discovery channels probably once or twice a week at night. Maybe one can purchase a "collector's" DVD set of past Outer Limits shows? -- Steve in Chandler

2002-02-11 02:40:45+00:00 - Re: favorite show - (stoodin101@aol.com)

2002-02-11 21:06:19-05:00 - Re: favorite show - (tim sturges <twattss@gowebway.com>)

The last time outer was released,it was tape,the box art was 2 colored,kind of inexpensive printing ,dont recall if the whole series was done.On treating it like a real smart show,back in the days before cable,I used to see it on a independent station @ 11am saturday mornings,& not all the time. "sconnet" <sconnet@USENETcox.net> wrote in message news:3C_98.11137$0c.421313@news2.east.cox.net... > "August Miller" <augustmi@svpal.org> wrote in message > news:a49f6h$kja$1@borg.svpal.org... > > sconnet <sconnet@usenetcox.net> wrote: > > > How can we get it on-air more often, at better times? > > > > That's what KPIX in San Francisco used to do, is show it late Saturday > > night/early Sunday mornings. Now they put in on at 4PM Saturday > > afternoons, right after sporting events that usually run over, causing the > > show to be joined in progress. > > > > I've always wondered too, why such a good show is treated so poorly, when > > you consider all the meaningless junk that is shown on television. > > Exactly! They normally have it on here at 4:00pm on Sunday on a major > network channel, but more often than not it is not played due to a sporting > event, parade, or even an infomercial! Alas, I'll have to hook up my VCR and > set it to record on Monday mornings at 12:05am. > > BTW, I emailed MGM and asked about a DVD collector's edition, or anything > similar. Have heard no response. I also contacted the local TV station here > in Phoenix to ask why they cannot air the show more, but have not heard any > response either. > > Don't people realize quality programming when they see it? > > -- > Steve in Chandler > >

2002-02-11 22:05:05+00:00 - Re: favorite show - (August Miller <augustmi@svpal.org>)

2002-02-12 01:55:11+00:00 - Re: favorite show - (sconnet <sconnet@USENETcox.net>)

[...]

2002-02-12 10:15:06+00:00 - Re: favorite show - (Bill Schmitt <bill-e-boy@testement-net.net>)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:55:11 GMT, sconnet wrote: > >Don't people realize quality programming when they see it? > Guess not man. It's too bad, but, I think OL's over with anyway, at least, I dont think theres been any mention or announcement, of a new season ...and the last episode of S7 aire on 1/11 ...I think? Just ONE season SciFi?! Did it stink THAT much in the ratings?!

2002-02-14 20:40:08-05:00 - Write to MGM - (WTZM <brucefon@knology.net>)

Originally: SUBJECT: Re: favorite show The bets bet is to get a mass e-mail campaign (not spam) and request they consider Season 8 "J.B.L." wrote: > MGM is considering it highly; you might want to go to their website and send > them an email about that very thing.

2002-02-14 21:41:29-05:00 - Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Season 8? (Outer Limits) - (WTZM <brucefon@knology.net>)

Okay. Is Season 8 in the works? >I will be out of the office today, Thurs. Feb 14th, but will be checking my e-mails and >messages. For immediate assistance, please contact Hugh Jemmott

2002-02-14 21:46:50-05:00 - Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Season 8? (Outer Limits) - (Bruce <brucefon@knology.net>)

brucefon@knology.net wrote: > Okay. > > Is Season 8 in the works? > > >I will be out of the office today, Thurs. Feb 14th, but will be checking my > e-mails and > >messages. For immediate assistance, please contact Hugh Jemmott To: Hugh.Jemmott@AllianceAtlantis.com, Janice.Lee@AllianceAtlantis.com Newsgroups: alt.tv.outer-limits

2002-02-15 08:58:23-05:00 - Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Season 8? (Outer Limits) - (Bruce <brucefon@knology.net>)