FLM films - My Webpage

2002-10-07 12:06:35+00:00 - OTL original series DVD - (MoonTrekker <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net>)

what do you think of the new DVD set of the original series, I had some problems with mine on one of the disc and had to return it , Ive sence ordered another one, and Ive also seen on some web sites that other people are having some problems with theres, like skipping pic, or stopping, etc. Moontrekker

2002-10-08 17:41:02-07:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (webbkrawler@msn.com)

Hmmmmm...I've watched about half of all the episodes on the set. No problems so far. Any of the episodes in particular where there's a tracking problem? Webb "MoonTrekker" <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<fNeo9.7029$k_2.511090@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > what do you think of the new DVD set of the original series, > I had some problems with mine on one of the disc and had to return it , Ive > sence ordered another one, and Ive also seen on some web sites that other > people are having some problems with theres, like skipping pic, or stopping, > etc. > > > Moontrekker

2002-10-09 01:02:06+00:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (MoonTrekker <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net>)

"Webb Krawler" <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote in message news:f9f4d9a9.0210081641.d215932@posting.google.com... > Hmmmmm...I've watched about half of all the episodes on the set. No > problems so far. Any of the episodes in particular where there's a > tracking problem? > Webb > > > Architects of Fear had alittle but I remember I bought the movie Predator awhile back that had the same problem,so after a few take backs I got a good one, so I got a refund on the outer limits set and ordered a new one on line from the same stores web site, well see later moontrekker

2002-10-12 03:34:09-07:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (webbkrawler@msn.com)

Hello once more. I just watched Architects of Fear and The Sixth Finger on Friday evening. No problems on my set...so far. If any DO occur, I will let you know. I now return control of your computer to you...until the next time! Webb MoonTrekker" <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<ieLo9.13373$ue4.680924@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > "Webb Krawler" <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote in message > news:f9f4d9a9.0210081641.d215932@posting.google.com... > > Hmmmmm...I've watched about half of all the episodes on the set. No > > problems so far. Any of the episodes in particular where there's a > > tracking problem? > > Webb > > > > > > > Architects of Fear had alittle but I remember I bought the movie Predator > awhile back that had the same problem,so after a few take backs I got a good > one, so I got a refund on the outer limits set and ordered a new one on line > from the same stores web site, well see > > later > moontrekker

2002-11-03 15:21:26-05:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (Gypsy <nospam@mawlse.com>)

"Webb Krawler" <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote in message news:f9f4d9a9.0210120234.2042c7fa@posting.google.com... > Hello once more. > > I just watched Architects of Fear and The Sixth Finger on Friday > evening. No problems on my set...so far. If any DO occur, I will let > you know. > I now return control of your computer to you...until the next time! > Webb > > MoonTrekker" <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<ieLo9.13373$ue4.680924@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > > "Webb Krawler" <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote in message > > news:f9f4d9a9.0210081641.d215932@posting.google.com... > > > Hmmmmm...I've watched about half of all the episodes on the set. No > > > problems so far. Any of the episodes in particular where there's a > > > tracking problem? > > > Webb > > > > > > > > > > > Architects of Fear had alittle but I remember I bought the movie Predator > > awhile back that had the same problem,so after a few take backs I got a good > > one, so I got a refund on the outer limits set and ordered a new one on line > > from the same stores web site, well see > > > > later > > moontrekker A bit late to add to this thread but I just got my copy, (a larger order of several titles got held up waiting for one title to come in) went though all the episodes including those pointed out and can't see any problems. Great stuff though. Well worth the wait. Gypsy

2002-11-04 16:15:20-08:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (webbkrawler@msn.com)

Well, the Original Series First Season DVD has now been out for a few months. Dare I even mention,and I know I'm jumping the gun here, but, is there any clue as to when and IF the rest of the Original Series (Season 2) will come out on DVD? Webb "Gypsy" <nospam@mawlse.com> wrote in message news:<zyfx9.1043$3e2.144031@news20.bellglobal.com>... > "Webb Krawler" <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote in message > news:f9f4d9a9.0210120234.2042c7fa@posting.google.com... > > Hello once more. > > > > I just watched Architects of Fear and The Sixth Finger on Friday > > evening. No problems on my set...so far. If any DO occur, I will let > > you know. > > I now return control of your computer to you...until the next time! > > Webb > > > > MoonTrekker" <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message > news:<ieLo9.13373$ue4.680924@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > > > "Webb Krawler" <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote in message > > > news:f9f4d9a9.0210081641.d215932@posting.google.com... > > > > Hmmmmm...I've watched about half of all the episodes on the set. No > > > > problems so far. Any of the episodes in particular where there's a > > > > tracking problem? > > > > Webb > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Architects of Fear had alittle but I remember I bought the movie > Predator > > > awhile back that had the same problem,so after a few take backs I got a > good > > > one, so I got a refund on the outer limits set and ordered a new one on > line > > > from the same stores web site, well see > > > > > > later > > > moontrekker > > A bit late to add to this thread but I just got my copy, > (a larger order of several titles got held up waiting for one title to come > in) > went though all the episodes including those pointed out and can't see any > problems. > Great stuff though. Well worth the wait. > > Gypsy

2002-11-04 16:49:31-05:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (Saucer Man <saucerman@nospam.com>)

I notice a lot of artifacting in the darker scenes. I wonder if they would have been better if they didn't compress them so much to fit four episodes on a side. "Gypsy" <nospam@mawlse.com> wrote in message news:zyfx9.1043$3e2.144031@news20.bellglobal.com... > > "Webb Krawler" <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote in message > news:f9f4d9a9.0210120234.2042c7fa@posting.google.com... > > Hello once more. > > > > I just watched Architects of Fear and The Sixth Finger on Friday > > evening. No problems on my set...so far. If any DO occur, I will let > > you know. > > I now return control of your computer to you...until the next time! > > Webb > > > > MoonTrekker" <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message > news:<ieLo9.13373$ue4.680924@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > > > "Webb Krawler" <webbkrawler@msn.com> wrote in message > > > news:f9f4d9a9.0210081641.d215932@posting.google.com... > > > > Hmmmmm...I've watched about half of all the episodes on the set. No > > > > problems so far. Any of the episodes in particular where there's a > > > > tracking problem? > > > > Webb > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Architects of Fear had alittle but I remember I bought the movie > Predator > > > awhile back that had the same problem,so after a few take backs I got a > good > > > one, so I got a refund on the outer limits set and ordered a new one on > line > > > from the same stores web site, well see > > > > > > later > > > moontrekker > > A bit late to add to this thread but I just got my copy, > (a larger order of several titles got held up waiting for one title to come > in) > went though all the episodes including those pointed out and can't see any > problems. > Great stuff though. Well worth the wait. > > Gypsy > >

2002-11-05 18:09:52-05:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (Gypsy <nospam@mawlse.com>)

"Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OQBx9.17200$46.6855@fe01... > I notice a lot of artifacting in the darker scenes. I wonder if they would > have been better if they didn't compress them so much to fit four episodes > on a side. > I'm not noticing any artifacts yet, but have only had time to watch about 1/2 the shows. Any episodes in particular? But from what I've seen the picture is "sharpened to crystal clarity". A few episodes have some flaws likely from the film prints used. And on "the man with the power" I never really noticed each of the strings moving the "rock" around the room in my old vhs copy. Plain as day on the DVD <g> Gypsy

2002-11-06 17:08:28-05:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (Saucer Man <saucerman@nospam.com>)

I don't recall specific episodes. But is noticeble in black area scenes. Some episodes you can even see it in the opening credits. "Gypsy" <nospam@mawlse.com> wrote in message news:ycYx9.3794$EY2.753528@news20.bellglobal.com... > > "Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:OQBx9.17200$46.6855@fe01... > > I notice a lot of artifacting in the darker scenes. I wonder if they > would > > have been better if they didn't compress them so much to fit four episodes > > on a side. > > > > I'm not noticing any artifacts yet, but have only had time to watch about > 1/2 the shows. > Any episodes in particular? > > But from what I've seen the picture is "sharpened to crystal clarity". > > A few episodes have some flaws likely from the film prints used. > > And on "the man with the power" > I never really noticed each of the strings moving the "rock" around the room > in my old vhs copy. > Plain as day on the DVD > <g> > > Gypsy > >

2002-12-14 21:41:30+00:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (RCH <rch@email.com>)

"MoonTrekker" <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net> wrote in news:fNeo9.7029$k_2.511090@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net: > what do you think of the new DVD set of the original series, > I had some problems with mine on one of the disc and had to return it > , Ive sence ordered another one, and Ive also seen on some web sites > that other people are having some problems with theres, like skipping > pic, or stopping, etc. > > > Moontrekker > > I've had the same problem. "The Invisibles" on disk 3 started skipping and when I looked at the disk, I found a noticable scratch. I took the set back, and when I got the new one home found that disk 1 was rattling around in the case and was scratched. I didn't even try to play that one, but exchanged it again. Now I find that "Don't Open Till Doomsday" is skipping (again disk 3). There are some very small scratches on the disk. So small that you can only see them in a strong light if you catch the light at just the right angle. I tried to take it back again, but the clerk wanted to see the problem this time (not surprisingly) and it worked just fine on their machine. I bought a DVD lens cleaning kit and a DVD scratch repair kit and used them, but it still skips. My DVD player is a Sony DVP-S330. The store was using a cheap new Apex unit. RCH

2002-12-28 03:23:28+00:00 - Re: OTL original series DVD - (Bryan Putnam <bputnam@verizon.net>)

"RCH" <rch@email.com> wrote in message news:Xns92E4A9CB73C7Erchemailcom@66.185.95.104... > "MoonTrekker" <moontrekker@worldnet.att.net> wrote in > news:fNeo9.7029$k_2.511090@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net: > > > what do you think of the new DVD set of the original series, > > I had some problems with mine on one of the disc and had to return it > > , Ive sence ordered another one, and Ive also seen on some web sites > > that other people are having some problems with theres, like skipping > > pic, or stopping, etc. > > > > > > Moontrekker > > > > > > I've had the same problem. "The Invisibles" on disk 3 started skipping and > when I looked at the disk, I found a noticable scratch. I took the set > back, and when I got the new one home found that disk 1 was rattling around > in the case and was scratched. I didn't even try to play that one, but > exchanged it again. > > Now I find that "Don't Open Till Doomsday" is skipping (again disk 3). > There are some very small scratches on the disk. So small that you can > only see them in a strong light if you catch the light at just the right > angle. > > I tried to take it back again, but the clerk wanted to see the problem this > time (not surprisingly) and it worked just fine on their machine. I bought > a DVD lens cleaning kit and a DVD scratch repair kit and used them, but it > still skips. > > My DVD player is a Sony DVP-S330. The store was using a cheap new Apex > unit. I had some problems viewing the second side of Disk 1, skipping, halting, specifically "The Man Who Was Never Born," but the problem doesn't seem to be reproducible. I also noticed a momentary glitch with "The Children of Spider Country" on the second side of Disk 3 but again it doesn't seem to be reproducible. I don't see any scratches on the disks. I suspect it's related to the techniques used to compress so much information onto 4 disks. BTW, I'm using a cheap APEX AD-500W and have never had problems reading any other DVDs. Bryan