FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-04 16:52:20-06:00 - Final Exam - (Poop Dogg <nospam@nospam.com>)

When is the SciFi channel going to rerun my favorite Outer Limits episode, "Final Exam?" It is the story of a college student who discovers the secret of cold fusion and holds his class hostage with a thermonuclear bomb. He tells them that the secret of cold fusion is so simple, so obvious, that he was surprised that no one thought of it before. The equipment required can be found in any kitchen or garage and it is so simple to build that even a child could do it. He then says that the reason we don't hear any signals from space is because sooner or later every alien civilization discovers the secret of cold fusion and blows themselves up. Eventually he is shot and his device disarmed. Just before dying he warns that there is no stopping the progress, someone else will soon discover the secret. The episode ends with another college classroom and the final exam in which students are asked to describe why cold fusion is impossible. One student looks at it, gets up and walks out, telling the professor that he will be seeing him again "real soon." It is my all time favorite episode!

2003-02-06 07:28:17+00:00 - Re: Final Exam - (Loren <innermi@innermind_NOSPAM.com>)

>When is the SciFi channel going to rerun my favorite Outer Limits >episode, "Final Exam?" The U.S. Sci-Fi channel has only run this once, on January 24, 2000. Since the Sci-Fi channel is taking the Outer Limits off their schedule starting the week after next you might have a long wait to see it. Loren http://www.innermind.com/outerlimits/

2003-02-07 04:56:43-05:00 - Re: Final Exam - ("D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net>)

In article <nabalzbhfflfgrzpbz.h9xjxu0.pminews@news.earthlink.net>, "J. Robin" <jrobin@wisknet.net> wrote: > What? Does this mean OL's going to be off the aire completely then? Cause I > dont think its being shown on any other station, that is, NOL (OOL I think is > still on TNT?), and NOL I really enjoy... NOL is on in syndication in Philadelphia, early Sunday or Monday mornings. -- D.F. Manno dommanno@netscape.net "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)

2003-02-07 09:37:04+00:00 - Re: Final Exam - ("J. Robin" <jrobin@wisknet.net>)

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 07:28:17 GMT, Loren wrote: >>When is the SciFi channel going to rerun my favorite Outer Limits >>episode, "Final Exam?" > >The U.S. Sci-Fi channel has only run this once, on January 24, 2000. >Since the Sci-Fi channel is taking the Outer Limits off their schedule >starting the week after next you might have a long wait to see it. > What? Does this mean OL's going to be off the aire completely then? Cause I dont think its being shown on any other station, that is, NOL (OOL I think is still on TNT?), and NOL I really enjoy... Does anyone know if this is really scheduled to happen, and if so, why? >Loren >http://www.innermind.com/outerlimits/

2003-04-17 13:04:08-07:00 - Re: Final Exam - (Carniv4 <carniv4us@eatme.com>)

"D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote in message news:dommanno-E9BE75.04564307022003@corp-radius.supernews.com... > > NOL is on in syndication in Philadelphia, early Sunday or Monday > mornings. > -- > D.F. Manno > dommanno@netscape.net It's in syndication here in L.A. still as well. One show a week. I've been waiting patiently for practically a year for either the Sci-Fi Channel or the Syndication run to start repeating some of the 7th season episodes (the only season which contains a few episodes I missed), but they only keep going through the earlier seasons, over and over again. Sucks. I see Sci-Fi is taking it off their schedule (will it be back?) and I assume the syndication won't be around for long either. Sure would like to see some of those seventh season shows, but it doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon. Carniv4

2003-04-23 20:23:48-07:00 - Re: Final Exam - (buzzoon@hotmail.com)

"Final Exam" is airing on the Canadian Space Channel right now as I type! Rob Canada "Carniv4" <carniv4us@eatme.com> wrote in message news:<v9u270egrmose3@corp.supernews.com>... > "D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote in message > news:dommanno-E9BE75.04564307022003@corp-radius.supernews.com... > > > > NOL is on in syndication in Philadelphia, early Sunday or Monday > > mornings. > > -- > > D.F. Manno > > dommanno@netscape.net > > > It's in syndication here in L.A. still as well. One show a week. > > I've been waiting patiently for practically a year for either the Sci-Fi > Channel or the Syndication run to start repeating some of the 7th season > episodes (the only season which contains a few episodes I missed), but they > only keep going through the earlier seasons, over and over again. Sucks. > I see Sci-Fi is taking it off their schedule (will it be back?) and I assume > the syndication won't be around for long either. > > Sure would like to see some of those seventh season shows, but it doesn't > look like it's going to be anytime soon. > > Carniv4