FLM films - My Webpage

2002-06-17 21:03:39-04:00 - Sally Kellerman - (Tim Sturges <twattss@gowebway.com>)

No doubt shes a fine actress,but,in todays THE BELLERO SHEILD,she was annoying sometimes,must of been style acting or that'swhat the director insisted.

2002-06-18 05:35:05+00:00 - Re: Sally Kellerman - (Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net>)

Tim Sturges wrote: > > No doubt shes a fine actress,but,in todays THE BELLERO SHEILD,she was > annoying sometimes,must of been style acting or that'swhat the director > insisted. Damn, I missed one of my favorite episodes! It's still hard to imagine Neil Hamilton playing the part of Martin Landau's father. Even harder is John Hoyt as the alien! There is nothing about the alien that would have led me to guess he was John Hoyt, who I think was the guy from Venus with 3 arms sitting at the counter in a cafe. Al

2002-06-18 14:58:38-07:00 - Re: Sally Kellerman - (webkrawlr@webtv.net)

Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<3D0EC6E2.A9EDE9C5@worldnet.att.net>... > > Even harder is John Hoyt as the alien! > There is nothing about the alien that would have led me > to guess he was John Hoyt, who I think was the guy from > Venus with 3 arms sitting at the counter in a cafe. > Al Hi there. Ooops, but Me thinks the alien you are referring to, which John Hoyt played, was from a Twilight Zone episode entitled "Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?" But, as far as "The Bellero Shield", yeah, you wouldn't know it was him, with that halo effect surrounding him and such. I think he was also in "Do Not Open Till Doomsday". Ross aka Webb

2002-06-19 04:31:15+00:00 - Re: Sally Kellerman - (Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net>)

Webb Krawler wrote: > > Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<3D0EC6E2.A9EDE9C5@worldnet.att.net>... > > > > Even harder is John Hoyt as the alien! > > There is nothing about the alien that would have led me > > to guess he was John Hoyt, who I think was the guy from > > Venus with 3 arms sitting at the counter in a cafe. > > Al > > Hi there. Ooops, but Me thinks the alien you are referring to, which > John Hoyt played, was from a Twilight Zone episode entitled "Will The > Real Martian Please Stand Up?" But, as far as "The Bellero Shield", > yeah, you wouldn't know it was him, with that halo effect surrounding > him and such. I think he was also in "Do Not Open Till Doomsday". > > Ross aka Webb Oh, you're right! I forgot it was a TZ episode. A funny one. I do not recall "Do Not Open Till Doomsday"! Is that an OL or a TZ episode? or a movie? John Hoyt was also in the 1950s era sci-fi movie "When Worlds Collide". He was not a nice man and didn't get to ride of the rocket ship. :) Al Ever notice how much Venus and Mars got blamed for being the home planets of various evil aliens? ;)

2002-06-19 14:18:44-07:00 - Was "Re: Sally Kellerman"...well, now off-topic - (webkrawlr@webtv.net)

Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<3D100973.6D54F5DC@worldnet.att.net>... > Webb Krawler wrote: > > Hello again. Yeppers! That WAS a great TZ episode. I'm pretty sure John Hoyt was in at least one other TZ episode, one of the ones originally on videotape, about an inventor whose daughter (Inger Stevens) feels "out of touch" in a house filled with robots, or something like that, the title of which escapes my poor memory for the moment. And, naturally, I didn't get the other OL episode correct. The title is "Don't Open Till Doomsday"...a rather odd one...but, being totally objective, a great one just the same. Oh, I just picked up the "Outer Limits Companion".....if you haven't gotten this edition, by all means...get it! It is packed with everything and anything you would want to know about the original series. (I HAD the original 1986 edition, but, over the years, it literally "yellowed" with age, and that one was a 5 x 7" sized book...this one is a full 8 x 10, and again, being totally objective....is well worth it!! And, correct, just about everything and every one comes from either Venus and Mars. Hmmm...I always had the feeling about myself?!.....lol??? (I hope its lol!!) Ross > > Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<3D0EC6E2.A9EDE9C5@worldnet.att.net>... > > Oh, you're right! I forgot it was a TZ episode. A funny one. > I do not recall "Do Not Open Till Doomsday"! Is that an OL or > a TZ episode? or a movie? John Hoyt was also in the 1950s era > sci-fi movie "When Worlds Collide". He was not a nice man and > didn't get to ride of the rocket ship. :) > Al > > Ever notice how much Venus and Mars got blamed for being the > home planets of various evil aliens? ;)

2002-06-20 16:01:50-04:00 - Re: Was "Re: Sally Kellerman"...well, now off-topic - (Tim Sturges <twattss@gowebway.com>)

If you look closely,you can "see" John in the outfit,THE BELLERO SHIELD has been on at least 3 times since last november,& i'm lousey at catching t.v. shows like that. "Webb Krawler" <webkrawlr@webtv.net> wrote in message news:5bdd4dfc.0206191318.58f7c65b@posting.google.com... > Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<3D100973.6D54F5DC@worldnet.att.net>... > > Webb Krawler wrote: > > > > Hello again. Yeppers! That WAS a great TZ episode. I'm pretty sure > John Hoyt was in at least one other TZ episode, one of the ones > originally on videotape, about an inventor whose daughter (Inger > Stevens) feels "out of touch" in a house filled with robots, or > something like that, the title of which escapes my poor memory for the > moment. And, naturally, I didn't get the other OL episode correct. > The title is "Don't Open Till Doomsday"...a rather odd one...but, > being totally objective, a great one just the same. > > Oh, I just picked up the "Outer Limits Companion".....if you haven't > gotten this edition, by all means...get it! It is packed with > everything and anything you would want to know about the original > series. (I HAD the original 1986 edition, but, over the years, it > literally "yellowed" with age, and that one was a 5 x 7" sized > book...this one is a full 8 x 10, and again, being totally > objective....is well worth it!! > > And, correct, just about everything and every one comes from either > Venus and Mars. Hmmm...I always had the feeling about > myself?!.....lol??? (I hope its lol!!) > > Ross > > > > > Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<3D0EC6E2.A9EDE9C5@worldnet.att.net>... > > > > Oh, you're right! I forgot it was a TZ episode. A funny one. > > I do not recall "Do Not Open Till Doomsday"! Is that an OL or > > a TZ episode? or a movie? John Hoyt was also in the 1950s era > > sci-fi movie "When Worlds Collide". He was not a nice man and > > didn't get to ride of the rocket ship. :) > > Al > > > > Ever notice how much Venus and Mars got blamed for being the > > home planets of various evil aliens? ;)

2002-06-20 17:55:01-04:00 - Re: Was "Re: Sally Kellerman"...well, now off-topic - (WebKrawlr@webtv.net)

twattss@gowebway.com (Tim=A0Sturges) said: >If you look closely,you can "see" John in >the outfit,THE BELLERO SHIELD has >been on at least 3 times since last >november,& i'm lousey at catching t.v. >shows like that. I recently discovered that Outer Limits was on SciFi, so I had a chance to catch a few episodes. Great quality, although prdictably, many scenes shortened to make room for commercials (so what else is new?) And, John Hoyt's alien has got to be one of the most sympathetic and kind-hearted aliens ever on Outer Limits. Okay, Simon Oakland's character was essentially good (from "Second Chance"), but he DID vaporize the night watchman at the beginning of that episode. And, "Eck" was a good dude, but he sliced a building in half, even though it was supposed to be unintentional!! Now John Hoyt's character (did he have a name?), not only gets shot by Chita Rivera (as annoying here as Sally Kellerman's character), and dumped in the basement for burial, but he even helps her free Sally Kellerman from the prison she created (earlier she had severed a device of his, apparantly attached to a vein in his arm), to which he even defends her by saying she "borrowed" the thing!! Webb

2002-06-21 11:04:19+00:00 - Re: Was "Re: Sally Kellerman"...well, now off-topic - (Al Dobyns <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net>)

Webb Krawler wrote: > > twattss@gowebway.com (Tim Sturges) said: > > >If you look closely,you can "see" John in > >the outfit,THE BELLERO SHIELD has > >been on at least 3 times since last > >november,& i'm lousey at catching t.v. > >shows like that. > > I recently discovered that Outer Limits was on SciFi, so I had a chance > to catch a few episodes. Great quality, although prdictably, many > scenes shortened to make room for commercials (so what else is new?) > > And, John Hoyt's alien has got to be one of the most sympathetic and > kind-hearted aliens ever on Outer Limits. Okay, Simon Oakland's > character was essentially good (from "Second Chance"), but he DID > vaporize the night watchman at the beginning of that episode. And, > "Eck" was a good dude, but he sliced a building in half, even though it > was supposed to be unintentional!! Now John Hoyt's character (did he > have a name?), not only gets shot by Chita Rivera (as annoying here as > Sally Kellerman's character), and dumped in the basement for burial, but > he even helps her free Sally Kellerman from the prison she created > (earlier she had severed a device of his, apparantly attached to a vein > in his arm), to which he even defends her by saying she "borrowed" the > thing!! > > Webb Yeah, and then when the alien removed the shield, Sally's mind still believed it to be there. So she was trapped. The first time I saw that episode, I wasn't expecting that ending and I thought it was very spooky!!! Somewhere I have an old issue of STARLOG magazine with Outer Limits episodes listed. It has come in handy at time. Also have an issue on the Twilight Zone I think. Al

2002-06-23 18:48:46-04:00 - Re: Sally Kellerman - (Tim Sturges <twattss@gowebway.com>)

The only shattering news of The Outer Limits was in April or May it moved from2pm to 1pm. A question on THE BELLERO SHIELD,at the end when Sally was freed from the shield,she had dried alien blood on her palm,there was a spotlight on her hand,was this used for a reason?. "Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:220620020017276712%no@spam.invalid... > In article <3D100973.6D54F5DC@worldnet.att.net>, Al Dobyns > <ahdobyns@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > > > I do not recall "Do Not Open Till Doomsday"! Is that an OL or > > a TZ episode? or a movie? > > It's an OL episode. This weird looking alien (living in a box) traps a > man inside and demands he help it destroy the universe. > > -- > "No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we have > pulled down the stars to our will." > - Ezra Pound, poet and critic, 9/18/1912, reflecting on New York City