FLM films - My Webpage

2000-08-19 00:00:00 - Outer Limits Cancelled / What the F*ck? - (questor002ji@aol.com)

I'm not usually one to get pissed off over the cancellation of a cable program but it seems I am just that, Pissed off!!!!!! Does anybody know why the series is being killed off? The last I heard it was extemely popular on cable and in sindication. Is there anything "LEGAL" we can do to retaliate? Is SG-1 next? First Paramount goes insanely minimalistic , have we lost MGM/Showtime as well?

2000-08-20 00:00:00 - Re: Outer Limits Cancelled / What the F*ck? - (stoodin101@aol.com)

2000-08-20 00:00:00 - Re: Outer Limits Cancelled / What the F*ck? - (questor002ji@aol.com)

2000-08-20 03:46:24+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits Cancelled / What the F*ck? - (EvilSeph <dark-seph@Austin.rr.com>)

Oh no not SG-1!! :( "Questor002JI" <questor002ji@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000819193421.08984.00000491@ng-fg1.aol.com... > I'm not usually one to get pissed off over the cancellation of a cable program > but it seems I am just that, Pissed off!!!!!! > Does anybody know why the series is being killed off? > The last I heard it was extemely popular on cable and in sindication. > Is there anything "LEGAL" we can do to retaliate? > Is SG-1 next? > First Paramount goes insanely minimalistic , have we lost MGM/Showtime as well?

2000-08-21 04:52:40+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits Cancelled / What the F*ck? - (terrabytes@will.com)

On Sun, 20 Aug 3900 23:23:27, questor002ji@aol.com (Questor002JI) wrote: > > Thanks for the link and I agree. > It seems a blending of greed and stupidity are to be the death of the Outer > Limits. Probably more than OL have gone down due to such reasons. > "But Showtime needs to keep introducing new programming to attract people > with $20 a month for subscriber services. The Outer Limits doesn���t do that" > says the powers to be. > I ask again, is SG-1 next? Probably not. At least not unless one or more cast members get tired of it possibly, but then in that case i'm sure they'd find SOMEONE out there to replace them. I'd also have to agree with an earlier statement, in that SG-1 also has a markettable cast, and other merchantdice that I guess OL just failed to excell at. However, if showtime does decide to cancell out SG-1 I shall not shed a tear :) > I understand the logic of Showtimes' Executives, why keep original shows like > the Outer Limits and SG-1 when Showtime has been incorperated into "Value > Packs" with most cable systems? Viewers can't drop Showtime without loosing > other pay channels and the discounts such packages afford. Loyal subscribers, > please go play in heavey traffic, thank you.lol > Bottomline, I'm pissed off and I'd really like to do something carthodic at > Showtimes expense BUT IT HAS TO BE LEGAL... > ANY IDEAS?

2000-08-23 05:48:52+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits Cancelled / What the F*ck? - (oljunky@no-spam.com)

On Sun, 20 Aug 3900 23:23:27, questor002ji@aol.com (Questor002JI) wrote: > > Thanks for the link and I agree. > It seems a blending of greed and stupidity are to be the death of the Outer > Limits. Yea, I wouldnt doubt thats the way a lot of series went off, some dont even get a chance to establish themselves though. > I ask again, is SG-1 next? Probably not. With a regular cast, and perhaps also because of being based on a box office-hit movie, theres probably enough market value with it, to keep the exec at showtime happy with it for a while longer.

2000-09-20 00:00:00 - Re: Outer Limits Cancelled / What the F*ck? - (RWG <rwgarr@intrex.net>)

terrabyte wrote: > > On Sun, 20 Aug 3900 23:23:27, questor002ji@aol.com (Questor002JI) > wrote: > > > > > Thanks for the link and I agree. > > It seems a blending of greed and stupidity are to be the death of the Outer > > Limits. > > Probably more than OL have gone down due to such reasons. Yeah, like the original series! The new one has at least lasted a lot longer.