FLM films - My Webpage

2000-04-20 00:00:00 - "The Lathe of Heaven" coming back to PBS - (pwinter@best.com)

Well, I'm sure I got the attention of lots of sci-fi fans with that subject line! For the rest of you, be sure to catch this excellent sci-fi movie in which OL voice Kevin Conway co-stars. There's more about it at: http://www.fandom.com/master_site/Editorial.asp?action=page&obj_ id=148465&type_id=13031&cat_id=13035&sub_id=36239 PBS will air it in June, and it will also be released on video and DVD later in the year. Whoopee! Patty

2000-04-22 00:00:00 - Re: "The Lathe of Heaven" coming back to PBS - (Bill Nunnelee <zosma@earthlink.net>)

That _is_ good news, Patty. I have very fond memories of this adaptation of Ursula K. LeGuin's sci-fi novel. Outer Limits fans should definitely check it out. Patty Winter <pwinter@best.com> wrote in message news:38febb59$0$225@nntp1.ba.best.com... > Well, I'm sure I got the attention of lots of sci-fi fans with > that subject line! For the rest of you, be sure to catch this > excellent sci-fi movie in which OL voice Kevin Conway co-stars. > There's more about it at: > > http://www.fandom.com/master_site/Editorial.asp?action=page&obj_ > id=148465&type_id=13031&cat_id=13035&sub_id=36239 > > PBS will air it in June, and it will also be released on video > and DVD later in the year. Whoopee! > > > Patty >

2000-04-22 00:00:00 - Re: "The Lathe of Heaven" coming back to PBS - (pwinter@best.com)

In article <5SlM4.57597$y4.1950112@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, Bill Nunnelee <zosma@earthlink.net> wrote: >That _is_ good news, Patty. I have very fond memories of this adaptation of >Ursula K. LeGuin's sci-fi novel. And won't it be nice to have something besides memories for a change? :-) BTW, I saw some subsequent information that said the movie will not actually be carried on PBS itself (i.e., not on their national feed), but instead will be offered to local PBS stations by PBS's distribution company, American Public Television. If that's true, then it means that specific PBS stations may or may not carry the movie. So give your local station a call and encourage them to do so! (With three PBS stations available here in Silicon Valley, one of which specializes in science fiction, I'm not too worried myself. :-)) Patty