FLM films - My Webpage

2002-09-23 21:57:22-07:00 - Off Topic: Help with the name of a 1970s show. - (bolger@hotmail.com)

Hi, Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm hoping someone in this group might have a better memory than me. I'm trying to find the name of a Sci-Fi type show back in the 70s, probably '75-'77, involving a man with psychic/telekenetic powers. If I remember correctly it used to come on after the Six Million Dollar man. I was pretty young at the time, so I don't remember much, but here is the fragment of what I remember. I believe the story centered around a man who had lost his memory and while working with a woman doctor to reconstruct his past, he found that he had the ability to move things with his mind. I think he also had some type of medallion with a symbol that related to who he was or where he came from. I also remember that his powers only worked when he could see what he was trying to move. (In one episode, he and the woman were trapped in some type of cave or mine, and only by trapping enough fire-flies in a jar were they able to create enough light for him to rescue them.) OK, I realize that isn't much to go on, but if it rings any kind of bell with anyone, please let me know. It's one of those things that has been gnawing at me for years. ;-) Thanks! Kevin

2002-09-24 14:54:39+00:00 - Re: Off Topic: Help with the name of a 1970s show. - (Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net>)

"The K.Victor" <bolger@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:60a8a98c.0209232057.47698d5e@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm hoping someone in this > group might have a better memory than me. > > I'm trying to find the name of a Sci-Fi type show back in the 70s, > probably '75-'77, involving a man with psychic/telekenetic powers. If > I remember correctly it used to come on after the Six Million Dollar > man. I have no idea, but you could search by year at http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Years/1975/ if you can think of one word in the title. I tried "man" and got 2 TV series but neither looks right. Too bad it won't search on "the" or do a complete list for the year.

2002-09-24 23:10:16-07:00 - Re: Off Topic: Help with the name of a 1970s show. - (bolger@hotmail.com)

"Tom Del Rosso" <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net> wrote in message news:<P0%j9.44679$1C2.2237704@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > "The K.Victor" <bolger@hotmail.com> wrote in > message news:60a8a98c.0209232057.47698d5e@posting.google.com... > > Hi, > > > > Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm hoping someone in this > > group might have a better memory than me. > > > > I'm trying to find the name of a Sci-Fi type show back in the 70s, > > probably '75-'77, involving a man with psychic/telekenetic powers. If > > I remember correctly it used to come on after the Six Million Dollar > > man. > > I have no idea, but you could search by year at > http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Years/1975/ if you can think of one word in > the title. I tried "man" and got 2 TV series but neither looks right. > Too bad it won't search on "the" or do a complete list for the year. Thanks Tom! I had no idea you could do that kind of search on IMDB. I'll definitely give it a try!

2002-09-25 22:59:01-07:00 - Re: Off Topic: Help with the name ...Found it!. - (bolger@hotmail.com)

bolger@hotmail.com (The K.Victor) wrote in message news:<60a8a98c.0209242210.15abb13@posting.google.com>... > "Tom Del Rosso" <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net> wrote in message news:<P0%j9.44679$1C2.2237704@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > > "The K.Victor" <bolger@hotmail.com> wrote in > > message news:60a8a98c.0209232057.47698d5e@posting.google.com... > > > Hi, > > > > > > Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'm hoping someone in this > > > group might have a better memory than me. > > > > > > I'm trying to find the name of a Sci-Fi type show back in the 70s, > > > probably '75-'77, involving a man with psychic/telekenetic powers. If > > > I remember correctly it used to come on after the Six Million Dollar > > > man. > > > > I have no idea, but you could search by year at > > http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Years/1975/ if you can think of one word in > > the title. I tried "man" and got 2 TV series but neither looks right. > > Too bad it won't search on "the" or do a complete list for the year. > > Thanks Tom! > > I had no idea you could do that kind of search on IMDB. I'll > definitely give it a try! Hi Tom, You 'da man! You got me searching in the right place and I finally found it. I was wrong, it was 1977! (Doh!) Here's what I found on Blockbuster's site: The Man With the Power: In this pilot for an unsold TV series, Bob Neill stars as high school teacher Eric Smith, the son of a space-alien father and an earthling mother. Having inherited his dad's psychic and telekinetic powers, Eric moonlights as a secret agent for the Government. In this capacity, he takes on the challenge of protecting a visiting Bengal princess (Persis Khambatta) from would-be assassins. The Man With the Power made its NBC debut on May 24, 1977. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide Thanks once again! Now begins the search for a VHS copy! :-) Best wishes to all, Kevin