FLM films - My Webpage

2002-05-25 22:26:05-07:00 - 30 Years Later - (jimbarwise@shaw.ca)

Hello everyone! This is my first message to this group, as a huge fan of the original Outer Limits series.So here's a thought: As 2003 will mark the 30th anniversary of The Outer Limits, what would you like to see to commemorate this?

2002-05-27 00:24:18-05:00 - Re: 30 Years Later - ("D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net>)

In article <aac7b0a.0205252126.3b2693f6@posting.google.com>, jimbarwise@shaw.ca (Jim Barwise) wrote: > Hello everyone! This is my first message to this group, as a huge fan > of the original Outer Limits series.So here's a thought: As 2003 will > mark the 30th anniversary of The Outer Limits, what would you like to > see to commemorate this? I don't know, but I think we should be sure we have the right year. OL debuted long before 1973. -- D.F. Manno dommanno@netscape.net "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)

2002-05-27 05:28:52-07:00 - Re: 30 Years Later - (webkrawlr@webtv.net)

"D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote in message The last thing I want to do is to insult someone or correct someone. It's been done to me many times on different newsgroups...sometimes nice, MOST of the time, NOT NICE! But, that's not my way, so I will just mention that it was not 30 years ago, but coming up on 40 years! And, I really DO remember watching the "Galaxy Being" that September evening in '63, being at the ripe old age of 8 at the time, and with my folks, shielding me from "danger" when the action got too rough on the screen! Oh it would be nice to have the episodes, and music put out in a "definitive collection" (me thinks that will NEVER happen, but maybe the "control voice" is listening and will mention it to the powers-that-be, thus giving me heart failure by doing it!) news:<dommanno-AB60E2.00241827052002@news.localnet.com>... > In article <aac7b0a.0205252126.3b2693f6@posting.google.com>, jimbarwise@shaw.ca > (Jim Barwise) wrote: > > > Hello everyone! This is my first message to this group, as a huge fan > > of the original Outer Limits series.So here's a thought: As 2003 will > > mark the 30th anniversary of The Outer Limits, what would you like to > > see to commemorate this? > > I don't know, but I think we should be sure we have the right year. OL debuted > long before 1973.

2002-05-29 22:34:56-07:00 - Re: 30 Years Later - (jimbarwise@shaw.ca)

webkrawlr@webtv.net (Webb Krawler) wrote in message news:<5bdd4dfc.0205270428.7c18968b@posting.google.com>... > "D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote in message > The last thing I want to do is to insult someone or correct someone. > It's been done to me many times on different newsgroups...sometimes > nice, MOST of the time, NOT NICE! But, that's not my way, so I will > just mention that it was not 30 years ago, but coming up on 40 years! > And, I really DO remember watching the "Galaxy Being" that September > evening in '63, being at the ripe old age of 8 at the time, and with > my folks, shielding me from "danger" when the action got too rough on > the screen! > > Oh it would be nice to have the episodes, and music put out in a > "definitive collection" (me thinks that will NEVER happen, but maybe > the "control voice" is listening and will mention it to the > powers-that-be, thus giving me heart failure by doing it!) > > > news:<dommanno-AB60E2.00241827052002@news.localnet.com>... > > In article <aac7b0a.0205252126.3b2693f6@posting.google.com>, jimbarwise@shaw.ca > > (Jim Barwise) wrote: > > > > > Hello everyone! This is my first message to this group, as a huge fan > > > of the original Outer Limits series.So here's a thought: As 2003 will > > > mark the 30th anniversary of The Outer Limits, what would you like to > > > see to commemorate this? > > > > I don't know, but I think we should be sure we have the right year. OL debuted > > long before 1973. My apologies! Would you believe me if I said it was a typo? Any OL fan knows it debuted in 1963, 40 years ago.

2002-05-30 11:51:43-05:00 - Re: 30 Years Later - ("D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net>)

In article <aac7b0a.0205292134.10ef0a78@posting.google.com>, jimbarwise@shaw.ca (Jim Barwise) wrote: > > "D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote > > > I don't know, but I think we should be sure we have the right year. OL > > debuted long before 1973. > > My apologies! Would you believe me if I said it was a typo? Any OL fan > knows it debuted in 1963, 40 years ago I believe it. Look, I was just pointing out the error. There was no malicious intent. The only reason I didn't point out that OL debuted in '63 was that I didn't know that. I'm mainly a fan of the new series, not the classic one. -- D.F. Manno dommanno@netscape.net "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)

2002-05-30 16:57:04-07:00 - Re: 30 Years Later - (webkrawlr@webtv.net)

Hello. Hey...believe me....no big deal. Actually, now I wish it WERE only 30 years ago....it would add 10 years to my already deteriorating mind and bod!! (Oh...I could sure use the "Sixth Finger" evolution chamber about now!!) Webbie "D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<dommanno-50B86B.11514330052002@news.localnet.com>... > In article <aac7b0a.0205292134.10ef0a78@posting.google.com>, jimbarwise@shaw.ca > (Jim Barwise) wrote: > > > > "D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote > > > > I don't know, but I think we should be sure we have the right year. OL > > > debuted long before 1973. > > > > My apologies! Would you believe me if I said it was a typo? Any OL fan > > knows it debuted in 1963, 40 years ago > > I believe it. Look, I was just pointing out the error. There was no malicious > intent. > > The only reason I didn't point out that OL debuted in '63 was that I didn't know > that. I'm mainly a fan of the new series, not the classic one.

2002-05-31 21:03:11-07:00 - Re: 30 Years Later - (jimbarwise@shaw.ca)

"D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<dommanno-50B86B.11514330052002@news.localnet.com>... > In article <aac7b0a.0205292134.10ef0a78@posting.google.com>, jimbarwise@shaw.ca > (Jim Barwise) wrote: > > > > "D.F. Manno" <dommanno@netscape.net> wrote > > > > I don't know, but I think we should be sure we have the right year. OL > > > debuted long before 1973. > > > > My apologies! Would you believe me if I said it was a typo? Any OL fan > > knows it debuted in 1963, 40 years ago > > I believe it. Look, I was just pointing out the error. There was no malicious > intent. > > The only reason I didn't point out that OL debuted in '63 was that I didn't know > that. I'm mainly a fan of the new series, not the classic one. No hard feelings! For me it's the reverse, I love the original series more than anything, but i do have a great respect for the new one as well.