FLM films - My Webpage

2001-05-25 13:03:23-05:00 - Outer Limits coming to the Big Screen - (dir00001 <nortonantivirusvirus@virus.com>)

MGM has signed a 2 movie deal to bring the Outer Limits to the Movie Theatres. Check out the article at www.cinescape.com.

2001-05-26 02:20:27+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits coming to the Big Screen - ("Dave T." <davet@no-amsp.aol.com>)

On Fri, 25 May 2001 13:03:23 -0500, dir00001 wrote: >MGM has signed a 2 movie deal to bring the Outer Limits to the Movie >Theatres. Check out the article at www.cinescape.com. Wow, this article sure caught me by suprise! Sounds like an absolutely fascinating idea, always was kind of wondering why there hadnt been one already! If they can make a (hit?) TZ movie, OL should blow people away! I'm curious, I noticed the article on CINESCAPE, their ending comment was that their hopeing the producers of the soon-to-be film are inspired from the classic version of the series, as its "creepier". Is there actually that much more of a difference between TOOL and NOL in ...creepiness? I remember watching several NOL having been kept at the edge of my seat, in suspence as to what would happen next too ...although I havent been able to view too many of TOOL, those I have seen sort of ...well, reminded me, of NOL in some aspects. One thing I've noticed, is the difference in what the control voice has to say about episodes from TOOL as to what I've heard from NOL. Some of what TOOL's CV said would actually be specific as to what events took place in the episode, even referencing characters, whereas NOL seems to be a social or moral commentary about the story itself.

2001-05-26 03:40:45+00:00 - Re: Outer Limits coming to the Big Screen - (stoodin101@aol.com)

2001-06-07 22:34:02-04:00 - Re: Outer Limits coming to the Big Screen - (tim sturges <twattss@gowebway.com>)

The original O.L. had the "awe" factor really going for it.You have to remember,this show was airing in the mid 60's & scared the crap out of alot of people.From what i've seen from the new episodes,it still has an "edge" to it,but it's like watching the new TZs,& they were weak. "J.B.L." <stoodin101@aol.com> wrote in message news:20010525234045.25454.00001436@ng-ca1.aol.com... > >. Is there actually that much > >more of a difference between TOOL and NOL in ...creepiness? > > Quite a bit in some ways. OOL was essentially doing horror --- Gothic SF, ala > H.P.Lovecraft --- while NOL is doing sf morality stories. However, both have > quite a bit of suspense, at their best... OOL, though, did much more with weird > camera angles, shadows, the whole Val Lewton aesthetic. > > > > > > > "Music is not a language; it doesn't have the task of expressing something > through sounds and symbols. Music stands by itself; there's nothing beyond > it."-Iannis Xenakis > Cthulhu Mythos site: http://members.fortunecity.com/moderan/index.html