FLM films - My Webpage

2001-04-07 17:01:22+00:00 - Opening Credits? - (shadorealm@aol.com)

Anyone know why the "falling woman" sequence was omitted from the opening credits last night? Just cut for time, or a contract dispute, or did a couple of second tier social studies profs complain that the imagery reinforced negative conditioning by the male dominated oppressor culture? I thought the new-and-improved opening was one of the best features of the show in its retooled-for-the-SCIFI CHANNEL- incarnation, and I was a little disppointed to see them being whittled away already.

2001-04-10 18:13:01-07:00 - Re: Opening Credits? - (Loren Heisey <yij@micron.net>)

Shadorealm wrote in message > Anyone know why the "falling woman" sequence was omitted from the opening > credits last night? Just cut for time, or a contract dispute, or did a couple > of second tier social studies profs complain that the imagery reinforced > negative conditioning by the male dominated oppressor culture? Most likely the Sci-Fi channel wanted something to set their episodes apart from the others. This is actually the third opening sequence for the new Outer Limits. They started out with one on Showtime. The syndicated episodes had the second which Showtime switched to some where along the line. Loren http://www.innermind.com/outerlimits/