FLM films - My Webpage

2002-06-27 00:05:40+00:00 - Vacuum cleaner - (Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net>)

What was the title of the episode in which a lady tries to suck up a ball of dirt in a vacuum cleaner and it explodes into an electric monster? I last saw this one about 30 years ago, and either I keep missing it or I remember it from another show or a dream. -- -If emailing please delete the first 3 words-

2002-06-27 01:02:17+00:00 - Re: Vacuum cleaner - (August Miller <augustmi@svpal.org>)

Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net> wrote: > What was the title of the episode in which a lady tries to suck up a > ball of dirt in a vacuum cleaner and it explodes into an electric > monster? I last saw this one about 30 years ago, and either I keep > missing it or I remember it from another show or a dream. You probably are remembering it from some recent, previous posts about "It Crawled Out Of The Woodwork" It's funny how that short intro into that episode is so memorable. When my brother and I used to talk about the outer limits, we referred to that one as the vacuum cleaner lady episode.

2002-06-27 01:27:35+00:00 - Re: Vacuum cleaner - (Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net>)

"August Miller" <augustmi@svpal.org> wrote in message news:afdo6p$1p9q$1@borg.svpal.org... > Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net> wrote: > > What was the title of the episode in which a lady tries to suck up a > > ball of dirt in a vacuum cleaner and it explodes into an electric > > monster? I last saw this one about 30 years ago, and either I keep > > missing it or I remember it from another show or a dream. > > You probably are remembering it from some recent, previous posts about > "It Crawled Out Of The Woodwork" No, I have never been in this group before, so I remember it from 30 years ago! (What nightmares!) Thanks. There are several others I remember from back then, which I have not seen in the recent reruns. The 2-dimensional monster (I deduced that was "Behold, Eck!" from some stuff I've just read), and the one with the jet pilot in the (almost) frozen world.

2002-06-27 18:18:49+00:00 - Re: Vacuum cleaner - (August Miller <augustmi@svpal.org>)

Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net> wrote: > There are several others I remember from back then, which I have not > seen in the recent reruns. The 2-dimensional monster (I deduced that > was "Behold, Eck!" from some stuff I've just read), and the one with the > jet pilot in the (almost) frozen world. SCI-FI showed "Eck" about a month ago. Just set your VCR.

2002-06-27 23:35:09+00:00 - Re: Vacuum cleaner - (Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net>)

"August Miller" <augustmi@svpal.org> wrote in message news:affku9$jt9$1@borg.svpal.org... > Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net> wrote: > > There are several others I remember from back then, which I have not > > seen in the recent reruns. The 2-dimensional monster (I deduced that > > was "Behold, Eck!" from some stuff I've just read), and the one with the > > jet pilot in the (almost) frozen world. > > SCI-FI showed "Eck" about a month ago. Just set your VCR. Eck is on again July 8th. Another thing I sort-of remember seeing as a kid was a show with some guys cornered in a cave by a spider-like thing. They were trying to run in and get back outside before it returned to the cave, or something like that. Maybe it was more like the Horta from Star Trek, that is to say, without legs but just a flat squirming thing. I had *recurring* nightmares about that scenario for my whole childhood, and a few times I had that dream as an adult. I must have seen it very young to make that impression. The Trek episode was in a cave too, but it didn't lead to the outside, and I remember seeing that one as a kid but I didn't associate it.

2002-07-25 22:05:30+00:00 - Re: Vacuum cleaner - (Tom Del Rosso <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net>)

"Tom Del Rosso" <please-no.spam.tdnga@att.net> wrote in message news:NiNS8.57355$LC3.4392344@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > > Another thing I sort-of remember seeing as a kid was a show with some > guys cornered in a cave by a spider-like thing. They were trying to run > in and get back outside before it returned to the cave, or something > like that. Maybe it was more like the Horta from Star Trek, that is to > say, without legs but just a flat squirming thing. > > I had *recurring* nightmares about that scenario for my whole childhood, > and a few times I had that dream as an adult. I must have seen it very > young to make that impression. The Trek episode was in a cave too, but > it didn't lead to the outside, and I remember seeing that one as a kid > but I didn't associate it. Follow-up.... I saw "The Probe" today. That was it - the one I had forgotten about, but only remembered the nightmares it gave me. I couldn't have been older than 7, but maybe as young as 4. It was sort of cathartic to see it again. As for the Horta comparison, I noted that Janos Prohaska played the monster. That guy was soooo typecast.