FLM films - My Webpage

1996-08-22 00:00:00 - Double Arturo - (rudy begay <rbegay@mathlab.sunysb.edu>)


Hi everybody, I have one question, "Is the Arturo that's travelling with the group the original or the one from the other universe?" I was watching the espisode on my VCR and was wondering. The Arturo that was left behind after the group slid said, "Oh No!" That give me the idea that the original Arturo was left behind. What are your thoughts on this? rudy begay

1996-08-23 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (lavos@usa.pipeline.com)


Arturo is Arturo is Arturo. Which ever way you slice him up he's still Arturo, even if he tried to take the responsibility for creating Sliding. He's still Pavarotii, he's still the guy from Indiana Jones: "Asp's, very dangerous, you go first.", and he's still the guy from that movie... um... hm... forgot it. Oh well. Harry Kim isn't even Harry Kim from Star Trek Voyager and Miles O'Brien isn't even the real Miles O'Brien from Star Trek Deep Space 9. So why should Arturo be any different? Ahhhhh who cares..... they messed up time so bad when they changed a preordaned event in that Time's Arrow episode that I don't even wan't to think about the repercussions. And what's with Quinn? Why is he so smart in our Universe and in others so meteocre in others. They shouldn't even be able to slide into a Universe where the earth is in the exact same place in the space-time continum as the one they left... since the possibility exists for diviation... maybe earth spins slower or revolves around the sun a little faster... I want to see they jump into empty space someday... oh well. lavos@usa.pipeline.com

1996-08-23 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (Lynn <ennui@ix.netcom.com>)


In article <Pine.SUN.3.93.960822123334.14351A-100000@mathlab.sunysb.edu>, rudy begay <rbegay@mathlab.sunysb.edu> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >I have one question, "Is the Arturo that's travelling with the group the >original or the one from the other universe?" I was watching the espisode >on my VCR and was wondering. The Arturo that was left behind after the >group slid said, "Oh No!" That give me the idea that the original Arturo >was left behind. What are your thoughts on this? > >rudy begay > The problem is, the writers just dropped it. Nothing has really come up since to make anyone think that it matters. (Glasses? Do I remember his glasses being mentioned in another ep?) I, for one, am hoping that now the series has been renewed for 22 epidsodes, there will be more continuity. Lynn

1996-08-23 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (Todd McNeil <toddm@peg.apc.org>)


It could have just been the evil Arturo saying "Oh No!" because he wanted to slide also. Anyhow if the evil Arturo is now with them, it would have to be revealed in a future episode because the writer's wouldn't have left the good Arturo behind without a reason. Maybe since the actor that portrays Arturo was going to leave the show, this would have been a way to write him out (ie. the sliders discover that he's the evil Arturo and leave him behind.) -- Oh, No! Not the evil .sig!! - Toddles

1996-08-29 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (schapel@cs.ucsb.edu)


rudy begay <rbegay@mathlab.sunysb.edu> writes: >I have one question, "Is the Arturo that's travelling with the group the >original or the one from the other universe?" I was watching the espisode >on my VCR and was wondering. The Arturo that was left behind after the >group slid said, "Oh No!" That give me the idea that the original Arturo >was left behind. What are your thoughts on this? I believe he actually said "Oh my God!" An earlier poster said that this is just a normal response to seeing the wormhole, and that the alternate Arturo might have easily said that. But the alternate Arturo has already seen the wormhole before (when he declined sliding with Quinn and Wade), so would probably not have that reaction upon seeing it the second time. Therefore, I believe it is the alternate that is travelling with the rest of the sliders now. -- Steve Chapel schapel@cs.ucsb.edu / http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~schapel Fifth-year senior in Computer Science at the \ http://www.utilicom.com University of California, Santa Barbara / finger -l schapel@eci1.ucsb.edu "He latches onto that symbol of detachment." - Roger Waters, "Amused to Death"

1996-08-29 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (michaele@csulb.edu)


In article <Pine.SUN.3.93.960822123334.14351A-100000@mathlab.sunysb.edu>, rudy begay <rbegay@mathlab.sunysb.edu> wrote: > Hi everybody, > > I have one question, "Is the Arturo that's travelling with the group the > original or the one from the other universe?" I was watching the espisode > on my VCR and was wondering. The Arturo that was left behind after the > group slid said, "Oh No!" That give me the idea that the original Arturo > was left behind. What are your thoughts on this? > > rudy begay The arturo travelling with the group is the original;the alternate Arturo would not have slid with them. Michael

1996-08-31 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (Dave Flores <wolfman@etsc.net>)


Lynn <ennui@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <4viu47$b4c@dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>... > In article <Pine.SUN.3.93.960822123334.14351A-100000@mathlab.sunysb.edu>, > rudy begay <rbegay@mathlab.sunysb.edu> wrote: --SCENE MISSING-- > The problem is, the writers just dropped it. Nothing has really come up > since to make anyone think that it matters. (Glasses? Do I remember his > glasses being mentioned in another ep?) I, for one, am hoping that now the > series has been renewed for 22 epidsodes, there will be more continuity. > > Lynn I don't think the writers had any intentions of bringing conclusions to any of these *cliffhangers* in the second season. I for one want to see this brought back up as well as the hole through time...as for the Kromaggs, the Torme' and company should just pretend they have partial amnesia or something. -- "If your id is conflicting with your ego, you need not reply!" Dave Flores - wolfman@etsc.net

1996-08-31 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (Lynn <ennui@ix.netcom.com>)


In article <01bb926a$36bd87c0$LocalHost@wolfman>, "Dave Flores" <wolfman@etsc.net> wrote: >Lynn <ennui@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article ><4viu47$b4c@dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>... >> In article <Pine.SUN.3.93.960822123334.14351A-100000@mathlab.sunysb.edu>, >> rudy begay <rbegay@mathlab.sunysb.edu> wrote: > >--SCENE MISSING-- > >> The problem is, the writers just dropped it. Nothing has really come up >> since to make anyone think that it matters. (Glasses? Do I remember his >> glasses being mentioned in another ep?) I, for one, am hoping that now >the >> series has been renewed for 22 epidsodes, there will be more continuity. >> >> Lynn > >I don't think the writers had any intentions of bringing conclusions to any >of these *cliffhangers* in the second season. I for one want to see this >brought back up as well as the hole through time...as for the Kromaggs, the >Torme' and company should just pretend they have partial amnesia or >something. >-- >"If your id is conflicting with your ego, you need not reply!" >Dave Flores - wolfman@etsc.net I agree. The Kromagg one was on again last night. I wasn't paying too close attention, but why do they want to find Earth Prime???? Do they think that's the only other world that has a sliding machine? Maybe they don't realize there are other sliders? I'm really not asking for a follow-up. I think I'm in the majority when I say I would like to see this theme dropped. Unless of course, the K's come accross another set of K's and thy wipe each other out. It would be a boring story, but at least we wouldn't have to worry about seeing them again. Lynn

1996-08-31 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (rob89103@usa.pipeline.com)


On Aug 31, 1996 15:35:34 in article <Re: Double Arturo>, 'Lynn <ennui@ix.netcom.com>' wrote: > > I wasn't paying too >close attention, but why do they want to find Earth Prime???? Do they think >that's the only other world that has a sliding machine? Maybe they don't >realize there are other sliders? Well, if they go with the idea of an infinite number of Earths, the Kromaggs may not have encountered any yet. Their rationalizations may be controled by a lack of creativity. They could live in a hive mentality. There exists nothing outside of their purvayence until they encounter it. If their sliding gear has incremental settings, they are probably being very methodical with each slide into a new Earth, going one click of the dial at a time. >Lynn -- Bob

1996-09-07 00:00:00 - Re: Double Arturo - (elrous0@ukcc.uky.edu)


In article <503n7a$oka@pao.cs.ucsb.edu>, schapel@cs.ucsb.edu says... > >rudy begay <rbegay@mathlab.sunysb.edu> writes: >Therefore, I believe it is the alternate that is travelling with the >rest of the sliders now. Talk about some great story possibilities!! How 'bout a "confession" episode where Arturo confesses this to the others? The implications are endless... -Eric