FLM films - My Webpage

1997-02-18 00:00:00 - Some confusion about the timer - (Cullen Kiker <ckiker@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>)


I have noticed there has been some debate over the validity of the what was said at the end of "Slide Like an Egyptian" when Arturo says that sliding early will corrupt the program and send them back to random sliding. Some people say that sliding early had nothing to to with that. I disagree. Here is why. I admit I did not see the pilot episode of Sliders, but I have been told what happened in it. As someone pointed out earlier, it was not until the "Summer of Love" that Quinn activated the timer early, causing the program corruption. While it was the sixth episode shown, it was the second one made. It should have been shown right after the pilot. This means the sliders problems with the timer started right there. Therefor, Arturo's conclusion's about the new timer are correct. Just my two cents. If I missed something, let me know. Cullen Kiker

1997-02-19 00:00:00 - Re: Some confusion about the timer - (Seth Argabright <sa228595@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>)


On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Cullen Kiker wrote: > I have noticed there has been some debate over the validity of the what > was said at the end of "Slide Like an Egyptian" when Arturo says that > sliding early will corrupt the program and send them back to random > sliding. Some people say that sliding early had nothing to to with > that. I disagree. Here is why. > I admit I did not see the pilot episode of Sliders, but I have been told > what happened in it. As someone pointed out earlier, it was not until > the "Summer of Love" that Quinn activated the timer early, causing the > program corruption. While it was the sixth episode shown, it was the > second one made. It should have been shown right after the pilot. This > means the sliders problems with the timer started right there. > Therefor, Arturo's conclusion's about the new timer are correct. > Just my two cents. If I missed something, let me know. > Cullen Kiker > > Actually, the program was corrupted in the pilot when they activated the timer early on ice world and further corrupted in spider wasp world. --Seth

1997-02-19 00:00:00 - Re: Some confusion about the timer - (Slider17 <clintt@flash.net>)


Cullen Kiker wrote: > > I have noticed there has been some debate over the validity of the what > was said at the end of "Slide Like an Egyptian" when Arturo says that > sliding early will corrupt the program and send them back to random > sliding. Some people say that sliding early had nothing to to with > that. I disagree. Here is why. > I admit I did not see the pilot episode of Sliders, but I have been told > what happened in it. As someone pointed out earlier, it was not until > the "Summer of Love" that Quinn activated the timer early, causing the > program corruption. While it was the sixth episode shown, it was the > second one made. It should have been shown right after the pilot. This > means the sliders problems with the timer started right there. > Therefor, Arturo's conclusion's about the new timer are correct. > Just my two cents. If I missed something, let me know. > Cullen Kiker Actually Quinn activated it early in the Pilot episode. They were all in remy's caddy and then the snow twister came and they left early. Glad to see the debate moveing though! Sider17

1997-02-20 00:00:00 - Re: Some confusion about the timer - (zikzak23@pipeline.com)


Slider17 <clintt@flash.net> wrote: >Actually Quinn activated it early in the Pilot episode. They were all >in remy's caddy and then the snow twister came and they left early. >Glad to see the debate moveing though! > Sider17 The thing is, I always assumed there were other reasons besides just corrupting the timer. For instance, in "Summer of Love" they opened the wormhole early and got scattered all over San Francisco. I always assumed that the results of an early slide were too unpredictable to mess around with.

1997-02-20 00:00:00 - Re: Some confusion about the timer - (Slider17 <clintt@flash.net>)


zikzak23 wrote: > > Slider17 <clintt@flash.net> wrote: > > >Actually Quinn activated it early in the Pilot episode. They were all > >in remy's caddy and then the snow twister came and they left early. > >Glad to see the debate moveing though! > > Sider17 > > The thing is, I always assumed there were other reasons besides just > corrupting the timer. For instance, in "Summer of Love" they opened > the wormhole early and got scattered all over San Francisco. I always > assumed that the results of an early slide were too unpredictable to > mess around with. Well if you look close, in Summer of Love: the vortex opened early when the spider-wasps came, Remi and Wade slid and the the vortex closed! Arturo freaked and Quinn re-opened the vortex and Arturo and Quinn slid. The two paires of people landed in a different place, not everybody.