FLM films - My Webpage

1996-08-26 00:00:00 - Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (pom@grfn.org)


I just read in alt.movies.spielberg that Jerry's gonna be in Spielberg's sequal to Jurassic Park called Lost World. This is so cool. If it's true ............ JERRY'S GONNA BE IN A BLOCKBUSTER!!!!!!! pom -- A word is dead, | Smile... | This is just to When it is said; | Tomorrow will | fill in this Some say. I say | be WORSE. | e m p t y It just began | | s p a c e. to live that day. | -- Murphy's | -- P.M. Orbach --Emily Dickinson | Philosophy | pom@grfn.org

1996-08-26 00:00:00 - Re: Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (Betty Edge <Betty@sthshore.demon.co.uk>)


In article <4vrs0s$t4s@newsserv.grfn.org>, Pinchas Orbach <pom@grfn.org> writes >I just read in alt.movies.spielberg that Jerry's gonna be in Spielberg's >sequal to Jurassic Park called Lost World. This is so cool. If it's true > So what part would he play? Admittedly it's been awhile since I read the book but I don't see any characters that would fit him. Unless they re-define a character to make him twentysomething, I think this may be disinfomation.

1996-08-26 00:00:00 - Re: Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (denmar@ix.netcom.com)


In <ErQaQJAZRdIyEwCQ@sthshore.demon.co.uk> Betty Edge <Betty@sthshore.demon.co.uk> writes: >So what part would he play? > The velociraptor.

1996-08-27 00:00:00 - Re: Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (puz1@aol.com)


In article <4vsvp7$qqe@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>, denmar@ix.netcom.com (Dennis) writes: >>So what part would he play? >> >The velociraptor. #### No, no, no; he'd be that cute tall one, what's it called? The allosaur? :-) ------------------------------- "SLIDERS' ISLAND" : Professor: "Gilligan, you blistering idiot!" Gilligan: "Gee...sorry, Professor" AnnieM Puz1@aol.com

1996-08-27 00:00:00 - Re: Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (Sam Deth <samdeth@neworld.net>)


Betty Edge wrote: > > In article <4vrs0s$t4s@newsserv.grfn.org>, Pinchas Orbach <pom@grfn.org> > writes > >I just read in alt.movies.spielberg that Jerry's gonna be in Spielberg's > >sequal to Jurassic Park called Lost World. This is so cool. If it's true > > > > So what part would he play? > > Admittedly it's been awhile since I read the book but I don't see any > characters that would fit him. > > Unless they re-define a character to make him twentysomething, I think > this may be disinfomation. Well, he might be able to pull off the role of DR. Levine, they'd just have to make Levine a bit younger. If not that he could always be Eddie, he'd be a good Eddie. Sam Deth

1996-09-03 00:00:00 - Re: Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (Keezer Joshua <jkeezer@envirolink.org>)


Yes, this should prove to make the movie much more enjoyable. I just hope it doesn't flop like I suspect the movie might. I noticed a terrible echo plot effect in the two books. If this turns out to be just like the Home Alone: Lost in New York effect, I will be real disappointed. By which I mean when the same plot is used just a diffrent setting, time line and characters. The big scene that I was disappointed in was when the T- rex pushed that train-like thing off the edge of the cliff like he did with the car in the original.

1996-09-03 00:00:00 - Re: Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (Sam Deth <samdeth@neworld.net>)


Keezer Joshua wrote: > The big scene that I was disappointed in was when the T- > rex pushed that train-like thing off the edge of the cliff like he did with > the car in the original. There's a good explanation for that. Crichton is trying to imply that is characteristic behavior for a T-Rex, to push its enemy over the side of a cliff if one happens to be available. Going by that then it's fully expected for the T-Rexs in Lost World to try and push the trailers over the side of that cliff (the occupants of the trailer did steal their baby after all), like the T-Rex in JP pushed the car over the cliff . Other than that the scene is played completely differently, although at some parts predictably. I admit, Lost World isn't as good as the original, and I would have liked to have seen more of the original characters back (or at least mentioned more than once each). Of course, if Jeff Goldblum reprises his role as Malcolm it could still prove to be an entertaining film. BTW, where did whoever started this hear this rumour about Jerry being in the film? Are there any sources to back this up? The only major role Jerry could pull off would be Eddie, he's too young looking for Levine (I know I said otherwise earlier, but after thinking about it more I just don't think he'd be able to fill out the Levine role convincingly). Sam Deth

1996-09-05 00:00:00 - Re: Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (GFung@unix.dsoe.com)


Sam Deth <samdeth@neworld.net> wrote: > BTW, where did whoever started this hear this rumour about Jerry being >in the film? Are there any sources to back this up? The only major role >Jerry could pull off would be Eddie, he's too young looking for Levine >(I know I said otherwise earlier, but after thinking about it more I >just don't think he'd be able to fill out the Levine role convincingly). It's not a rumour. I repeat, IT IS NOT A RUMOUR (well, OK, I don't really know that :). Take a look at Jerry's credits at the Internet Movie Database. His latest roles are Joe's Apartment, Jerry McGuire, and LOST WORLD (it says beside Lost World "1997"). Unless that's changed over the last 2 weeks, it's the most reliable source that I can find about Jerry's role in Lost World. Karen Fung gfung@unix.dsoe.com Proud FoLC, JODSer and participant of the E.Y.E.S project.

1996-09-05 00:00:00 - Re: Jerry O'Connell in the Lost World... yes!!!! - (Sam Deth <samdeth@neworld.net>)


Karen Fung wrote: > It's not a rumour. I repeat, IT IS NOT A RUMOUR (well, OK, I don't really > know that :). Take a look at Jerry's credits at the Internet Movie > Database. His latest roles are Joe's Apartment, Jerry McGuire, and LOST > WORLD (it says beside Lost World "1997"). Unless that's changed over the > last 2 weeks, it's the most reliable source that I can find about Jerry's > role in Lost World. Sounds like a good source to me, and I wuld check but I do not know where to find it..hehehe So I guess he MUST be Eddie...I still say that is all he could really pull off. Sam Deth