FLM films - My Webpage

1998-05-12 00:00:00 - Re: The Last Of Eden - What the f**k?! - (Cult of Henry <Discombobulated@Spam.Is.Yummy.Com>)

<SPOILERS> FOR LAST OF EDEN G@llicus was freaked out when he saw the ghost of The Professor when he wrote: > New Zealand is enjoying watching Sliders in the run up to the end of > season 3. Aturo kicks the preverbial bucket and we get Maggie. Fine. > Then I watch "The Last Of Eden" and suddenly it's as if the last 4 > episodes ("Exodus, Part I" -> "The Breeder") never happened. What the > hell is going on? All the episode guides for season 3 that I have seen > place "The Last Of Eden" after "The Breeder", but this dosen't make > sense chronologically. Anyone out there who can help me out on this > one? Last of Eden did, indeed, air after Exodus on FOX in the U.S. and was suppose to air before Exodus. Unfortunately, due to some post-production problems, Last of Eden was not ready to air when FOX planned to air Exodus and, therefore, it was held back. Exodus was planned for sweeps week and Last of Eden simply wasn't ready to be seen. So, through some creative editing and adding a beginning scene in which Remmy & Wade "remember" that one slide to "H.G. Wells' Time Machine Earth." =) So, Last of Eden, does work chronologically, if Wade & Remmy are flashbacking back to when the Prof. was still alive. Cult of Henry

1998-05-13 00:00:00 - The Last Of Eden - What the f**k?! - ("G@llicus" <Rabid.Wombat@Dark.Caves.nz>)

New Zealand is enjoying watching Sliders in the run up to the end of season 3. Aturo kicks the preverbial bucket and we get Maggie. Fine. Then I watch "The Last Of Eden" and suddenly it's as if the last 4 episodes ("Exodus, Part I" -> "The Breeder") never happened. What the hell is going on? All the episode guides for season 3 that I have seen place "The Last Of Eden" after "The Breeder", but this dosen't make sense chronologically. Anyone out there who can help me out on this one? G@llicus, "In search of a cool signature line.."

1998-05-13 00:00:00 - Re: The Last Of Eden - What the f**k?! - (Mark Alan Evans <mark.evans@nospamdemon.co.uk>)

G@llicus wrote in message <3558CB6E.2476C7@Dark.Caves.nz>... >New Zealand is enjoying watching Sliders in the run up to the end of >season 3. Aturo kicks the preverbial bucket and we get Maggie. Fine. >Then I watch "The Last Of Eden" and suddenly it's as if the last 4 >episodes ("Exodus, Part I" -> "The Breeder") never happened. What the >hell is going on? All the episode guides for season 3 that I have seen >place "The Last Of Eden" after "The Breeder", but this dosen't make >sense chronologically. Anyone out there who can help me out on this >one? You must have missed the beginning when there is a "remember when we were on that earth where....." link and the whole episode is Wade and Remmy reminiscing about it. It was a held over episode pushed out of the line up from earlier on in the season by the need to get Exodus shown during sweeps week, which is about ratings or awards or something I don't know which you would have to ask an American about that. Anyway that's the real deal it's a quick fix to show an episode that could quite easily have been put back in its proper place by every other country, but wasn't. Mark.

1998-05-13 00:00:00 - Re: The Last Of Eden - What the f**k?! - (goldberg@spamblock.nymc.edu)

While travelling ::between::, I noticed that "Mark Alan Evans" <mark.evans@nospamdemon.co.uk> wrote: >It was a held over episode pushed out of the line up >from earlier on in the season by the need to get Exodus shown during sweeps >week, which is about ratings or awards or something I don't know which you >would have to ask an American about that. Let me 'splain, at least as far an American not in the biz understands this. Sweeps weeks, in the US, occur twice a year, once in October or November, and once in May. The ratings shows and networks achieve during this period determine their advertising rates for the next six months. Networks often try to schedule blockbuster episodes of popular series during sweeps weeks... this has led to the idiotic scheduling suffered by Babylon 5 on PTEN, and to the aberrant placing of "Last of Eden." Season finales often occur during sweeps (note that this week, we have the season finale of Dawson's Creek, a two-parter on Buffy, the final episodes of Ellen and Seinfeld, ... and lots more.) It was recast, you'll note, as a flashback, to account for the presence of Arturo. Spam Block active... delete spamblock from address before replying ************************************************************** Randy Goldberg, MD, goldberg@nymc.edu Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/1252 **************************************************************

1998-05-13 00:00:00 - Re: The Last Of Eden - What the f**k?! - (shannennospam@alpha.wcoil.comxxx)

In article <3559dc29.7341714@news.inch.com> goldberg@spamblock.nymc.edu (Master Harper Gaellon (Randy Goldberg MD)) writes: >Let me 'splain, at least as far an American not in the biz understands >this. Sweeps weeks, in the US, occur twice a year, once in October or >November, and once in May. Actually, I think sweeps occur at three times during the TV season--once in November, then again in February, and the last sweeps period is in May. Shannen