FLM films - My Webpage

2000-01-16 00:00:00 - Impulse power and Troll accusations - ("Allen W. McDonnell" <tanada@provide.net>)

>> LOL >> >> Full Impulse IS 0.25 c, do a bit more research, troll. Your fanaticism >> is addling your wits. >> >> Furthermore, we know for a fact 1/4 Impulse is slower than a bus, just >> look how long it took the A to get out of spacedock when Kirk ordered >> 1/4 Impulse in the movie. >> >> Also, we know the highest acceleration given in the TM is 10km.s-2 >> which ain't enough by far to get to lightspeed in anything less than >> several days. Hey Mike what did I do to deserve being called a Troll? OFFICIAL ST:TNG tech manual page 75, halfway down the first paragraph. "High impulse operations, specifically velocities above 0.75c, may require added power from the Saucer Module engines. These operations, while acceptable options during some missions, are often avoided due to relativistic considerations and their inherent time-based difficulties." In the middle of the second paragraph, same page "The propulsive force available from the highest specific-impulse (ISP) fusion engines available or projected fell far short of being able to achieve the 10 km/s^2 acceleration required." Done quoting, now what do we learn from these quotes? #1 impulse engines can be used to go above .75c, but it takes a lot of power. Notice it says HIGH IMPULSE OPERATIONS not 3 times FULL IMPULSE which is what it would be if .25c were full impulse. #2 we learn that by adding the SMIE to the MIE thrust you can double the rate of acceleration because both sets are 4 Impulse Engine assemblies.

2000-01-16 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Bozo the Proctologist wrote: > It's Irish Stereotypes Night on "Voyager!!" > > S > > P > > O > > I > > L > > E > > R > > S > > P > > A > > C > > E > > T > > H > > E > > F > > I > > N > > A > > L > > F > > R > > O > > N > > T- > > Summery deleted on Holodeck: > > Nits, points and a wee tale o' the Little People: > Okay, the neutrinic storm thingie is expanding at 2/3 lightspeed, and > ALREADY covers three light years, but will pass Voyager in a matter of > days? > 3.6 lightyears. My assumption was that Voyager just happened to be about 10 > light-hours from the wavefront when Voyager detected it (the storm was > going to hit in 15 hours). Since the storm covered 3.6 lightyears, why > didn't Voyager's sensors (able to detect stars and planets thousands of > light years away) detect it when Voyager was still well away? > - And during the fight, what kept them from deleting the pubcrawlers > before they opened up a jolly shamrock-green can of whoop-ass on Paris > and Kim? When the fight started, why didn't anyone yell "FREEZE PROGRAM!"?

2000-01-18 00:00:00 - Re: Impulse power and Troll accusations - (Richard Van Fossan <richardv@pobox.com>)

"HouseQuake" <tokelly@no.spam.tcac.net> wrote in message news:38846A66.BD67D0B4@no.spam.tcac.net... > > > Bozo the Proctologist wrote: > > > Hmmm..... any tech heads here ever crunch real numbers for the viscosity > > of the interstellar medium? At a high enough relativistic speed it would > > certainly be substantial...... maybe the storied "Bussard Collectors" > > would come into play, allowing a starship to operate as a ramjet? > > i don't know that there would be any real drag due to space itself. there > would be what could be considered "drag" due to due the ship's mass. for The concentration of matter in intersteller space is about 1-3 atoms per cubic centimeter. A ship the size of the Enterprise would pass through a lot of cubic centimeters at 1/2 lightspeed. There would be drag--in fact, the oncoming atoms would basically be gamma rays. Thus the need for "navigational shields." Even if thos shields are frictionless, a certain amount of energy would be necessary to change the trajectory of a hydrogen atom so it doesn't hit the hull and make everyone glow in the dark. Multiply this by millions or billions of atoms per second, and it's a real "drag."

2000-01-18 00:00:00 - Re: Impulse power and Troll accusations - (xris@removethis.iafrica.com)

sub-space transmission from "Allen W. McDonnell" <tanada@provide.net> : >>> LOL >>> >>> Full Impulse IS 0.25 c, do a bit more research, troll. Your fanaticism >>> is addling your wits. Oops, got a bit emotional there at the long-disproved fallacy that Full Impulse equals instant 0.99c. Full Impulse equates to about 10km.s-2 as far as we know, since that is the design requirements for large capital ships in starfleet. >>> >>> Furthermore, we know for a fact 1/4 Impulse is slower than a bus, just >>> look how long it took the A to get out of spacedock when Kirk ordered >>> 1/4 Impulse in the movie. >>> >>> Also, we know the highest acceleration given in the TM is 10km.s-2 >>> which ain't enough by far to get to lightspeed in anything less than >>> several days. I grabbed "several days" out of thin air, no calcs involved. I accept your calc (without verification) that in a Newtonian universe C will be achieved in 8 hrs 20 min (fuel consumption allowing). In an Einsteinian Universe, you get about 5% distortion at 0.5c (guess), which will start seriously affecting your calcs. By 0.8c the distortion will be approaching 15% to 20% and climbing steeply, meaning you have to expend much more power/fuel to achieve similar acceleration. Eventually of course, your power requirements will approach infinity as you approach C. Not that that has anything to do with my apology :-) > >Hey Mike what did I do to deserve being called a Troll? I think I confused you with somebody else for some reason. Sorry. As for "full Impulse equals 0.25c", that is the generally accepted point at which accelerative power is cut to avoid relativistic problems (which would approx. 0.5% or less at this speed.) South Africa is the only nation to have successfully developed nuclear weapons, and then voluntarily relinquish that capability.

2000-01-18 00:00:00 - Re: Impulse power and Troll accusations - (HouseQuake <tokelly@no.spam.tcac.net>)

Bozo the Proctologist wrote: > Hmmm..... any tech heads here ever crunch real numbers for the viscosity > of the interstellar medium? At a high enough relativistic speed it would > certainly be substantial...... maybe the storied "Bussard Collectors" > would come into play, allowing a starship to operate as a ramjet? i don't know that there would be any real drag due to space itself. there would be what could be considered "drag" due to due the ship's mass. for those unfamiliar with the theory of relativity - as your speed approaches the speed of light, so does your mass. so the faster you travel, the more energy it would take to increase your speed or slow you down, so it might feel like drag. when travelling at fantastic speeds you might run into enough stray hydrogen atoms to be worth collecting, but the bussard collectors would have to have unbelievably strong magnetic fields to wrangle them in. running a starship into a stray proton in space when moving at .75c would be like running an aircraft carrier into an iceberg. even subatomic particles can have devasting destructive power at those speeds. the navigational deflector is meant to protect the ship from these particles, so i wonder how the bussard collectors would catch them if the deflector is pushing them out of the way? yet another trek contradiction perhaps... hq

2000-01-19 00:00:00 - Re: Impulse power and Troll accusations - (Richard Van Fossan <richardv@pobox.com>)

<snip> > In an Einsteinian Universe, you get about 5% distortion at 0.5c > (guess), which will start seriously affecting your calcs. By 0.8c the > distortion will be approaching 15% to 20% and climbing steeply, > meaning you have to expend much more power/fuel to achieve similar > acceleration. Eventually of course, your power requirements will > approach infinity as you approach C. Not that that has anything to do > with my apology :-) No need to guess. The time dilation is proportional to a factor called "Tau." The formula for Tau is: (1/(1-(v/c)^2)) This works out to: 0.5 0.75 1.3 0.6 0.64 1.6 0.7 0.51 2.0 0.8 0.36 2.8 0.9 0.19 5.3 0.95 0.0975 10.3 0.99 0.0199 50.3 0.999 0.001999 500.3 0.9999 0.0002 5000.3 0.99999 2E-05 50000.3 The first column is fraction of light speed. The second column is how fast time seems to flow on the accelerated object. The last is how fast time seems to flow outside. Thus, at .5 light speed, time travels at 75% of the rate it does for unaccelerated objects. At 90% C, the outside universe is clipping along 5 times faster, and a bit over 99.99% C, we see the same time dilation (10 seconds=~1 day) mentioned in the ads for this week's Voyager. Even at 99% C, we see that one day on Voyager would be seven weeks to the universe.

2000-01-19 00:00:00 - Re: Impulse power and Troll accusations - (BTS <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net>)

Bozo the Proctologist <cuerwer@juno.com> wrote in article <snip> > If thinking is too hard, quote the Bible. LOL. Mind if I steal this upon occassion? -- later... b.t.s. occassionally, I'm callous and strange - btvs

2000-01-20 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (tsalonie@alpha.hut.fi)

In article <38870824.C712BC8D@Early.com> Walt@Early.com writes: >Thanks Timo for backing me up! > >I guess Mike D. just can't accept that ST:TNG wasn't always perfect. > >Personally, I use to quickly dismiss errors like this. At least >until I started to read a lot of postings here ragging about >errors in Voyager; implying that previous ST shows never, ever, >made such errors. Unfortunately, even ST:TNG has had its share >of errors. Alas, the first season of a show in its birth pains is always prone to errors like this. Sorry that my "ASAP" took so long, but I can now with my full authority as a lunatic Trekkie verify that the specific scene indeed comes from the opening moments of "Conspiracy". OTOH, there's a theory under development that blames these things on Geordi's warped sense of humor. After all, it is LaForge specifically who is always declaring things like "We are passing warp ten, Captain!" or "The surface temperature is minus 297 degrees Celsius, sir" or "From warp five to warp six? Aye, sir, full impulse!"... Is it any surprise that nobody thinks of Geordi as a funny guy? (Or that he doesn't get any girls?) It took Data *seven years* to get his "Ferengi in a gorilla suit" joke, for chrissakes! So one *could* argue that not only was early TNG flawless in its technical details, it also consistently and unerringly managed to portray Geordi as an idiot. There's continuity for you! :-) Timo Saloniemi

2000-01-20 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Walt <Walt@Early.com>)

Thanks Timo for backing me up! I guess Mike D. just can't accept that ST:TNG wasn't always perfect. Personally, I use to quickly dismiss errors like this. At least until I started to read a lot of postings here ragging about errors in Voyager; implying that previous ST shows never, ever, made such errors. Unfortunately, even ST:TNG has had its share of errors. Timo S Saloniemi wrote: > > In article <Pine.GSO.4.21.0001171225260.21511-100000@seds.lpl.arizona.edu> Mike Dicenso <mdicenso@seds.lpl.arizona.edu> writes: > > >Hmmm, pardon me for being a bit skeptical, but would someone mind giving > >the name, or plot synopsis of the episode that this alleged statement was > >made in? Just want to varify this, and make sure it's not another fan > >misrecollection. > > I believe it was TNG "Conspiracy", with the bridge crew minus Picard > eagerly awaiting an arrival in Pacificia for shore leave. Riker gives > the command to go warp 5->6, and Geordi goes "aye, full impulse". > > Or was it in "We'll Always Have Paris", an episode which happens to > be on the same cassette as "Conspiracy"? That episode, too, should > feature a scene with Picard off the bridge and the ship speeding up > a little. I think it can be narrowed down to those two episodes. > Will go back and check ASAP. > > Timo Saloniemi

2000-01-21 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Mike Dicenso <mdicenso@seds.lpl.arizona.edu>)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Wayne Poe wrote: > > On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Mike Dicenso wrote: > > > > I guess Mike D. just can't accept that ST:TNG wasn't always perfect. > > > Speaking of errors, please don't put words, or assumptions like this into > > my mouth when all I asked of you was to cite your reference for this > > alleged line, nor should you in turn think of this as Timo backing you up > > since he has'nt actually narrowed the episode, and dialouge much in this > > case either. Fan FUBARS are just as common, or more common than the shows' > > dialouge, and it is'nt poor form to ask. Since this thread is being cross > > posted to alt.startrek.vs.starwars ng, I can recall many times where > > Trekkies, and Warsies alike have made numerous mistakes about > > dialouge. > > And let me say guys, for your own newsgroups sakes, end the crossposting > soon. Trek vs. Wars posts spread faster than a gasoline fire! All too true Wayne...I don't want this thread turning into another ST vs SW debate! > > For example, Cronan once claimed there was a 200 terrawatt power quote > > from Data in TNG's "Timescape" episode, which all the rabid Swarsies > > ate up claiming it to be proof that ST ships could'nt generate enough > > power to challenge their beloved SW ships. Yet when I went back and > > watched the episode, it was nowhere to be found, and this finding was > > later confimed by Wayne Poe. > > Why thanks, Mike! Heh, why do think I sent you all those tapes? Was'nt fer my health! <EG> > > Lesson, always ask for someone to cite their sources, and don't be > > satisfied until you, or someone else can confirm the information. > > Timo usually gets these things right, but he's FUBARed the dialouge, and > > visual FX description a few times, and I for one want to be absolutely > > sure on this. > > I don't have all of the episode on tape, but a post on Trek "snafus" that > used to circulate the Trek newsgroups named the offending episode as > "Conspiracy." I also do not have the FIRST TNG Nitpicker's guide, only > volume 2. It may be logged in there. Mike, if you have "Conspiracy," > look at the end of the episode, where Riker gives the line. I'll e-mail > you the "snafu" list. > > > I got the E-mail Wayne. Always good to have someone who can give you the necessary citation rg. BTW, have you seen the SW website that's essentially the SW version of the nitpicker's guide, which has among other things, the infamous 'Stormtrooper hits his head on the door scen,? -Mike instead of hand waving

2000-01-21 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Wayne Poe <louis@h4h.com>)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Mike Dicenso wrote: > > I guess Mike D. just can't accept that ST:TNG wasn't always perfect. > Speaking of errors, please don't put words, or assumptions like this into > my mouth when all I asked of you was to cite your reference for this > alleged line, nor should you in turn think of this as Timo backing you up > since he has'nt actually narrowed the episode, and dialouge much in this > case either. Fan FUBARS are just as common, or more common than the shows' > dialouge, and it is'nt poor form to ask. Since this thread is being cross > posted to alt.startrek.vs.starwars ng, I can recall many times where > Trekkies, and Warsies alike have made numerous mistakes about > dialouge. And let me say guys, for your own newsgroups sakes, end the crossposting soon. Trek vs. Wars posts spread faster than a gasoline fire! > For example, Cronan once claimed there was a 200 terrawatt power quote > from Data in TNG's "Timescape" episode, which all the rabid Swarsies > ate up claiming it to be proof that ST ships could'nt generate enough > power to challenge their beloved SW ships. Yet when I went back and > watched the episode, it was nowhere to be found, and this finding was > later confimed by Wayne Poe. Why thanks, Mike! > Lesson, always ask for someone to cite their sources, and don't be > satisfied until you, or someone else can confirm the information. > Timo usually gets these things right, but he's FUBARed the dialouge, and > visual FX description a few times, and I for one want to be absolutely > sure on this. I don't have all of the episode on tape, but a post on Trek "snafus" that used to circulate the Trek newsgroups named the offending episode as "Conspiracy." I also do not have the FIRST TNG Nitpicker's guide, only volume 2. It may be logged in there. Mike, if you have "Conspiracy," look at the end of the episode, where Riker gives the line. I'll e-mail you the "snafu" list.

2000-01-22 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (ring@mindspring.com)

I used my telepathic powers to read <Pine.GSO.4.21.0001211546150.27957-100000@seds.lpl.arizona.edu>, in which Mike Dicenso <mdicenso@seds.lpl.arizona.edu> typed: >BTW, have you seen the SW website that's >essentially the SW version of the nitpicker's guide, which has among other >things, the infamous 'Stormtrooper hits his head on the door >scen,? URL? Mortis Master of the Unknown, KPS Nebulosis Defunctus "Lions sing and hills take flight The moon by day and the sun by night Blind man, deaf woman, jackdaw fool Let the Lord of Chaos rule" -Children's Rhyme, The Fourth Age

2000-01-23 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Julian Buczek <buczek@iname.com>)

Captain Infinity wrote: > > The White Star with Delenn at the helm would win, no questions asked. Why? -- ____ Julian Buczek|buczek@dns.au.com '||_\\ _ _ ___ ___ ___ '|| _ || \\ '|| || // \) ' // //_\) ||// _||_// \\_// \\__, //_, \\__, _||\\

2000-01-23 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (ring@mindspring.com)

I used my telepathic powers to read <388AE0F7.7689CC5B@iname.com>, in which Julian Buczek <buczek@iname.com> typed: >Captain Infinity wrote: >> >> The White Star with Delenn at the helm would win, no questions asked. > >Why? 'Cuz the Defiant SUCKS, d00d!!!!111!111111!!1!!1!1!!1 Mortis Master of the Unknown, KPS Nebulosis Defunctus "Lions sing and hills take flight The moon by day and the sun by night Blind man, deaf woman, jackdaw fool Let the Lord of Chaos rule" -Children's Rhyme, The Fourth Age

2000-01-23 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Infinity@world.com)

Once Upon A Time in alt.fan.tom-servo, in article <Pine.GSO.4.21.0001211546150.27957-100000@seds.lpl.arizona.edu> Mike Dicenso wrote: >> And let me say guys, for your own newsgroups sakes, end the crossposting >> soon. Trek vs. Wars posts spread faster than a gasoline fire! > >All too true Wayne...I don't want this thread turning into another ST vs >SW debate! The White Star with Delenn at the helm would win, no questions asked. ** Captain Infinity ...I programmed "Sparky" the computer.

2000-01-23 00:00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Infinity@world.com)

Once Upon A Time in alt.fan.tom-servo, in article <Pine.GSO.4.21.0001221535150.17615-100000@seds.lpl.arizona.edu> Mike Dicenso wrote: >> > > And let me say guys, for your own newsgroups sakes, end the crossposting >> > > soon. Trek vs. Wars posts spread faster than a gasoline fire! >> >> > All too true Wayne...I don't want this thread turning into another ST vs >> > SW debate! >> >> Right. How about US vs. England? ;) >> > >Oh even better...Howabout the Yellow Submarine [from the Beatle's animated >feature movie of the same name] vs. an ISD? The first time I read this it said "Yellow Submarine ... vs. an IUD" and I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed until the medications wore off and I found myself waking up in a snow drift wearing only my mask and cape. Just like every day. ** Captain Infinity ...how a snow drift got into my uniform I'll never know.

2005-04-13 00:07:01-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2005-04-13 06:33:31-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (ANIM8Rfsk <ANIM8Rfsk@cox.net>)

in article 425CC515.149C4E72@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us, Tim Bruening at tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us wrote on 4/13/05 12:07 AM: > > > Bozo the Proctologist wrote: > >> It's Irish Stereotypes Night on "Voyager!!" >> >> S >> >> P >> >> O >> >> I >> >> L >> >> E >> >> R >> >> S >> >> P >> >> A >> >> C >> >> E >> >> T >> >> H >> >> E >> >> F >> >> I >> >> N >> >> A >> >> L >> >> F >> >> R >> >> O >> >> N >> >> T- >> >> Summery deleted on Holodeck: > >> >> Nits, points and a wee tale o' the Little People: > >> Okay, the neutrinic storm thingie is expanding at 2/3 lightspeed, and >> ALREADY covers three light years, but will pass Voyager in a matter of >> days? > >> 3.6 lightyears. My assumption was that Voyager just happened to be about 10 >> light-hours from the wavefront when Voyager detected it (the storm was >> going to hit in 15 hours). Since the storm covered 3.6 lightyears, why >> didn't Voyager's sensors (able to detect stars and planets thousands of >> light years away) detect it when Voyager was still well away? > >> - And during the fight, what kept them from deleting the pubcrawlers >> before they opened up a jolly shamrock-green can of whoop-ass on Paris >> and Kim? > > When the fight started, why didn't anyone yell "FREEZE PROGRAM!"? Because Voyager sucks.

2005-07-28 07:01:45-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

[...]

2005-07-28 20:57:43-04:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (80 Knight <80_knightREMOVEME@rogers.com>)

"Tim Bruening" <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message news:42E8E549.10C19DCD@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us... > > > Bozo the Proctologist wrote: > >> It's Irish Stereotypes Night on "Voyager!!" >> >> S >> >> P >> >> O >> >> I >> >> L >> >> E >> >> R >> >> S >> >> P >> >> A >> >> C >> >> E >> >> T >> >> H >> >> E >> >> F >> >> I >> >> N >> >> A >> >> L >> >> F >> >> R >> >> O >> >> N >> >> T- >> >> Summery deleted on Holodeck: > >> >> Nits, points and a wee tale o' the Little People: > >> Okay, the neutrinic storm thingie is expanding at 2/3 lightspeed, and >> ALREADY covers three light years, but will pass Voyager in a matter of >> days? > >> 3.6 lightyears. My assumption was that Voyager just happened to be about >> 10 >> light-hours from the wavefront when Voyager detected it (the storm was >> going to hit in 15 hours). Since the storm covered 3.6 lightyears, why >> didn't Voyager's sensors (able to detect stars and planets thousands of >> light years away) detect it when Voyager was still well away? > >> - And during the fight, what kept them from deleting the pubcrawlers >> before they opened up a jolly shamrock-green can of whoop-ass on Paris >> and Kim? > > When the fight started, why didn't anyone yell "FREEZE PROGRAM!"? Here is a hint...People try there hardest to totally forget that episode ever happened. :-P

2005-10-22 11:07:00-07:00 - [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Spoiler Nits Below: 1 2 3 2 1 2 3 2 12 2 3 3 3 ` 1 2 3 4 5 6 67 7 7 8 9 0 Just 15 hours before a shock wave generated by the collision of two neutron stars hits Voyager, the crew discovers the shock wave, which is traveling at 200,000 kilometers/sec and has spread over 3.6 lightyears. Why didn't Voyager's sensors detect the shockwave a lot further away? When the Michael Sullivan Hologram starts a bar brawl after losing Janeway, why don't any of the Voyager crewmembers present yell "FREEZE PROGRAM!? After the brawl, Paris and Kim are treated for injuries suffered during the brawl. How did they get injured? Shouldn't the holodeck safety protocols have prevented Paris and Kim from being injured by holographic fists? Near the end, a Voyager crewmember says that the inner edge of the shock wave is 1,000 kilometers from Voyager. A few seconds later, its 500 kilometers from Voyager. However, the shock wave is traveling at 200,000 kilometers a second, and Voyager stands still for most of the episode. Therefore, the last thousand kilometers of the shock wave should have passed Voyager in 1/200th of a second, not enough time for the crewmember to even begin to say how far the edge of the shock wave is from Voyager.

2005-10-22 11:07:03-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2005-10-22 21:04:54-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (ANIM8Rfsk <ANIM8Rfsk@cox.net>)

in article i_ydnXo8QLstYMfeRVn-2w@rogers.com, 80 Knight at 80_knightREMOVEME@rogers.com wrote on 10/22/05 8:04 PM: > "Tim Bruening" <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message > news:435A7FC7.2F75560C@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us... >> >> >> Bozo the Proctologist wrote: >> >>> It's Irish Stereotypes Night on "Voyager!!" >>> >>> S >>> >>> P >>> >>> O >>> >>> I >>> >>> L >>> >>> E >>> >>> R >>> >>> S >>> >>> P >>> >>> A >>> >>> C >>> >>> E >>> >>> T >>> >>> H >>> >>> E >>> >>> F >>> >>> I >>> >>> N >>> >>> A >>> >>> L >>> >>> F >>> >>> R >>> >>> O >>> >>> N >>> >>> T- >>> >>> Summery deleted on Holodeck: >> >>> >>> Nits, points and a wee tale o' the Little People: >> >>> Okay, the neutrinic storm thingie is expanding at 2/3 lightspeed, and >>> ALREADY covers three light years, but will pass Voyager in a matter of >>> days? >> >>> 3.6 lightyears. My assumption was that Voyager just happened to be about >>> 10 >>> light-hours from the wavefront when Voyager detected it (the storm was >>> going to hit in 15 hours). Since the storm covered 3.6 lightyears, why >>> didn't Voyager's sensors (able to detect stars and planets thousands of >>> light years away) detect it when Voyager was still well away? >> >>> - And during the fight, what kept them from deleting the pubcrawlers >>> before they opened up a jolly shamrock-green can of whoop-ass on Paris >>> and Kim? >> >> When the fight started, why didn't anyone yell "FREEZE PROGRAM!"? > > Cause it was all a very bad dream... > > "That trick NEVER works!" -- You Can't Stop the Signal

2005-10-22 23:04:10-04:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (80 Knight <80_knightREMOVEME@rogers.com>)

[...]

2005-11-07 22:51:35-08:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Bozo the Evil Klown <Evilklowwn@aol.com>)

Tim Bruening wrote: > Spoiler Nits Below: > > 1 > 2 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 2 > 12 > 2 > 3 > 3 > 3 > ` > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 67 > 7 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 0 > > Just 15 hours before a shock wave generated by the collision of two > neutron stars hits Voyager, the crew discovers the shock wave, which is > traveling at 200,000 kilometers/sec and has spread over 3.6 lightyears. > Why didn't Voyager's sensors detect the shockwave a lot further away? > Same reason their sensors *never* detect any dangerous outer-space thingie until they're up-plose and personal. And since it's less than 4 light-years across, why not simply go *around* it??? > When the Michael Sullivan Hologram starts a bar brawl after losing > Janeway, why don't any of the Voyager crewmembers present yell "FREEZE > PROGRAM!? Manically depressed lemmings have far superior survival instincts than the Vger crew. > After the brawl, Paris and Kim are treated for injuries > suffered during the brawl. How did they get injured? Shouldn't the > holodeck safety protocols have prevented Paris and Kim from being > injured by holographic fists? > Have the "holodeck safety protocols" *ever* protected anyone?? Do they even exist, or are they so much bafflegab that the company that made them used to sell their unsafe, untested holodeck tech to Starfleet? > Near the end, a Voyager crewmember says that the inner edge of the shock > wave is 1,000 kilometers from Voyager. A few seconds later, its 500 > kilometers from Voyager. However, the shock wave is traveling at > 200,000 kilometers a second, and Voyager stands still for most of the > episode. Therefore, the last thousand kilometers of the shock wave > should have passed Voyager in 1/200th of a second, not enough time for > the crewmember to even begin to say how far the edge of the shock wave > is from Voyager. Remember Voyager is Starfleet's short starship; likely the crewman simply mixed up inches with iso-kilometers again. ***** The Joker in the Eeeeeeeeeevil Cabal deck of cards. "Voyager to alien fleet- Hold your fire! Hold your fire!! I promise that WASN'T a kamikaze attack; that's the way Chakotay ALWAYS lands his shuttles!!"

2006-12-12 03:15:00-08:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2006-12-12 20:48:38-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Anim8rFSK <ANIM8Rfsk@cox.net>)

In article <457E8F34.9D01465D@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>, Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote: > Bozo the Proctologist wrote: > > > It's Irish Stereotypes Night on "Voyager!!" > > > > S > > > > P > > > > O > > > > I > > > > L > > > > E > > > > R > > > > S > > > > P > > > > A > > > > C > > > > E > > > > T > > > > H > > > > E > > > > F > > > > I > > > > N > > > > A > > > > L > > > > F > > > > R > > > > O > > > > N > > > > T- > > > > Summery deleted on Holodeck: > > > > > Nits, points and a wee tale o' the Little People: > > > Okay, the neutrinic storm thingie is expanding at 2/3 lightspeed, and > > ALREADY covers three light years, but will pass Voyager in a matter of > > days? > > > 3.6 lightyears. My assumption was that Voyager just happened to be about 10 > > light-hours from the wavefront when Voyager detected it (the storm was > > going to hit in 15 hours). Since the storm covered 3.6 lightyears, why > > didn't Voyager's sensors (able to detect stars and planets thousands of > > light years away) detect it when Voyager was still well away? > > > - And during the fight, what kept them from deleting the pubcrawlers > > before they opened up a jolly shamrock-green can of whoop-ass on Paris > > and Kim? > > When the fight started, why didn't anyone yell "FREEZE PROGRAM!"? That trick NEVER works. -- Killfile Troy Heagy in all (s)he-its many incarnations now: Troy.Heagy@gmail.com,videonovels@yahoo.com videonovels2010@yahoo.com,telenovels@yahoo.com **DON'T FORGET THE NEWEST ONE>>> fred_h_haddad@yahoo.com

2007-02-18 22:59:02-08:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2007-02-22 05:11:50-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Anim8rFSK <ANIM8Rfsk@cox.net>)

In article <45D94AB6.2ECA3F7C@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>, Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote: > Bozo the Proctologist wrote: > > > It's Irish Stereotypes Night on "Voyager!!" > > > > S > > > > P > > > > O > > > > I > > > > L > > > > E > > > > R > > > > S > > > > P > > > > A > > > > C > > > > E > > > > T > > > > H > > > > E > > > > F > > > > I > > > > N > > > > A > > > > L > > > > F > > > > R > > > > O > > > > N > > > > T- > > > > Summery deleted on Holodeck: > > > > > Nits, points and a wee tale o' the Little People: > > > Okay, the neutrinic storm thingie is expanding at 2/3 lightspeed, and > > ALREADY covers three light years, but will pass Voyager in a matter of > > days? > > > 3.6 lightyears. My assumption was that Voyager just happened to be about 10 > > light-hours from the wavefront when Voyager detected it (the storm was > > going to hit in 15 hours). Since the storm covered 3.6 lightyears, why > > didn't Voyager's sensors (able to detect stars and planets thousands of > > light years away) detect it when Voyager was still well away? > > > - And during the fight, what kept them from deleting the pubcrawlers > > before they opened up a jolly shamrock-green can of whoop-ass on Paris > > and Kim? > > When the fight started, why didn't anyone yell "FREEZE PROGRAM!"? That trick NEVER works!

2007-03-22 22:45:51-08:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2007-04-02 23:43:39+00:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (fozzi <efor6920@bigpond.net.au>)

"Tim Bruening" <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message news:45D94AB6.2ECA3F7C@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us... > > > >> - And during the fight, what kept them from deleting the pubcrawlers >> before they opened up a jolly shamrock-green can of whoop-ass on Paris >> and Kim? > > When the fight started, why didn't anyone yell "FREEZE PROGRAM!"? they were giving a little treat to those millions of fans who had been wanting to deck paris since about 5 minutes into the ep 'caretaker' cheers Fozzi

2007-05-22 00:07:13-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2007-05-22 00:11:16-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

[...]

2007-05-22 00:11:52-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Bozo the Proctologist wrote: > It's Irish Stereotypes Night on "Voyager!!" > > S > > P > > O > > I > > L > > E > > R > > S > > P > > A > > C > > E > > T > > H > > E > > F > > I > > N > > A > > L > > F > > R > > O > > N > > T- > > Summery deleted on Holodeck: > > Nits, points and a wee tale o' the Little People: > Okay, the neutrinic storm thingie is expanding at 2/3 lightspeed, and > ALREADY covers three light years, but will pass Voyager in a matter of > days? > 3.6 lightyears. My assumption was that Voyager just happened to be about 10 > light-hours from the wavefront when Voyager detected it (the storm was > going to hit in 15 hours). Since the storm covered 3.6 lightyears, why > didn't Voyager's sensors (able to detect stars and planets thousands of > light years away) detect it when Voyager was still well away? > - And during the fight, what kept them from deleting the pubcrawlers > before they opened up a jolly shamrock-green can of whoop-ass on Paris > and Kim? How thick was the storm?

2007-10-16 22:48:45-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2007-10-16 23:23:19-07:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2007-12-29 02:09:50-08:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

2008-02-26 00:05:43-08:00 - Re: [SPOILERS]: Any "Fair Haven" In A (So-Called) Storm - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)