FLM films - My Webpage

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (CDS218 <cds218@yahoo.com>)


<cues up Frank Sinatra's "A very good Year".> Ah, Equinox. A nice treat this evening, I must say. I enjoyed this episode, dark, gritty, with powerful poerofrmances and character moments. Janeway's lust for justice turns to obsession. Chakotay's body produces testosterone. Plus some neato starship fights. It seemed a good way to start the season. I was so full of hope and enthusiasm then... ...before Paris fell in love with a shuttlecraft. A shuttlecraft whose psychotropic human for, wasn't even that attractive. ...before Chakotay developed more heretofore-unheard-of interests, "Oh yeah...space program of the 20th century...love it." ...before "Collective" and the Borglets showed us all Seven's maternal side (because when I let my gaze slide languidly up her cat-suited body, all I can think is: "Boy is she a maternal character.") ...before Janeway taught us that the best way to deal with incompetent, insubordinate, reclusive junior officers is to pile them all on a shuttle and work together to slaughter a new alien race. ...before "Fair Haven" taught us that the best morale boost for the crew is a holographic Irish town. ...before "Spirit Folk" taught us that the writers hate us more than words can convey and want to hurt us. ...before Tuvok lost his mind and became Neelix's best buddy (and how much of his mind must he have lost for *that* to happen). ...before Torres's innermost anxieties were revealed and we learned that, deep down, she's actually a very dull person. (sigh) And what the hell's up with next week's ep? CDS -- "A bimbo is a young woman who isn't pretty enough to be a model, isn't smart enough to be an actress, and isn't nice enough to be a poisonous snake."--P.J. O'Rourke

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)


On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:58:18 -0400, "CDS218" <cds218@yahoo.com> wrote: | |...before Paris fell in love with a shuttlecraft. A |shuttlecraft whose psychotropic human for, wasn't even that |attractive. | |...before Chakotay developed more heretofore-unheard-of |interests, "Oh yeah...space program of the 20th |century...love it." | |...before "Collective" and the Borglets showed us all |Seven's maternal side (because when I let my gaze slide |languidly up her cat-suited body, all I can think is: "Boy |is she a maternal character.") | |...before Janeway taught us that the best way to deal with |incompetent, insubordinate, reclusive junior officers is to |pile them all on a shuttle and work together to slaughter a |new alien race. | |...before "Fair Haven" taught us that the best morale boost |for the crew is a holographic Irish town. | |...before "Spirit Folk" taught us that the writers hate us |more than words can convey and want to hurt us. | |...before Tuvok lost his mind and became Neelix's best buddy |(and how much of his mind must he have lost for *that* to |happen). | |...before Torres's innermost anxieties were revealed and we |learned that, deep down, she's actually a very dull person. | |(sigh) | Masked Man---->Now, this is funny....worthy of Bozo... _ Have Gun Will Travel Wire Paladin San Franciscoo

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - ("Mike. H." <mhantz@micron.net>)


"CDS218" <cds218@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8d3d7n$ei4$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > <cues up Frank Sinatra's "A very good Year".> > > Ah, Equinox. A nice treat this evening, I must say. I > enjoyed this episode, dark, gritty, with powerful > poerofrmances and character moments. Janeway's lust for > justice turns to obsession. Chakotay's body produces > testosterone. Plus some neato starship fights. It seemed a > good way to start the season. I was so full of hope and > enthusiasm then... <snip> I watched it again as well. Very, very good. After that, I got treated to "Meld". Great episode. Damn how I wish Suder was still around.

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)


"Julianna Feigl" <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message > On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:07:22 -0600, "Mike. H." <mhantz@micron.net> > wrote: > > > >I watched it again as well. Very, very good. After that, I got treated to > >"Meld". Great episode. Damn how I wish Suder was still around. > > > > one of the best eps ever.... back then they used the *real* actors... > Brad Dourif is a great actor... -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)


On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:07:22 -0600, "Mike. H." <mhantz@micron.net> wrote: >"CDS218" <cds218@yahoo.com> wrote in message >news:8d3d7n$ei4$1@bob.news.rcn.net... >> <cues up Frank Sinatra's "A very good Year".> >> >> Ah, Equinox. A nice treat this evening, I must say. I >> enjoyed this episode, dark, gritty, with powerful >> poerofrmances and character moments. Janeway's lust for >> justice turns to obsession. Chakotay's body produces >> testosterone. Plus some neato starship fights. It seemed a >> good way to start the season. I was so full of hope and >> enthusiasm then... > ><snip> > >I watched it again as well. Very, very good. After that, I got treated to >"Meld". Great episode. Damn how I wish Suder was still around. > one of the best eps ever.... back then they used the *real* actors... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Francis_m@wxs.Netherlands)


On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:58:18 -0400 "CDS218" <cds218@yahoo.com> wrote in article <8d3d7n$ei4$1@bob.news.rcn.net>: > <cues up Frank Sinatra's "A very good Year".> > > Ah, Equinox. A nice treat this evening, I must say. I > enjoyed this episode, dark, gritty, with powerful > poerofrmances and character moments. Janeway's lust for > justice turns to obsession. Chakotay's body produces > testosterone. Plus some neato starship fights. So I take it you were a big fan of "Space: Above and Beyond" as well? > It seemed a > good way to start the season. > I was so full of hope and > enthusiasm then... You were hoping for minimum consistency in characterization? > ...before "Fair Haven" taught us that the best morale boost > for the crew is a holographic Irish town. Oh, well, we've already been treated to Janeway's holonovels about the Victorian age, so the writers must have thought we could take pretty much any abuse... > > ...before "Spirit Folk" taught us that the writers hate us > more than words can convey and want to hurt us. That was _news_ to you? ;) > > ...before Tuvok lost his mind and became Neelix's best buddy > (and how much of his mind must he have lost for *that* to > happen). I actually feel that this one was fairly tolerable... Francis (To email, replace 'Netherlands' with 'nl') - - - - - - + + + Out Of Cheese Error + + + Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot + + + - The Hex Machine, from Terry Pratchett's 'Hogfather'

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)


On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:58:18 -0400, "CDS218" <cds218@yahoo.com> wrote: ><cues up Frank Sinatra's "A very good Year".> > >Ah, Equinox. A nice treat this evening, I must say. I >enjoyed this episode, dark, gritty, with powerful >poerofrmances and character moments. Janeway's lust for >justice turns to obsession. Chakotay's body produces >testosterone. Plus some neato starship fights. It seemed a >good way to start the season. I was so full of hope and >enthusiasm then... > >...before Paris fell in love with a shuttlecraft. A >shuttlecraft whose psychotropic human for, wasn't even that >attractive. > >...before Chakotay developed more heretofore-unheard-of >interests, "Oh yeah...space program of the 20th >century...love it." > >...before "Collective" and the Borglets showed us all >Seven's maternal side (because when I let my gaze slide >languidly up her cat-suited body, all I can think is: "Boy >is she a maternal character.") > >...before Janeway taught us that the best way to deal with >incompetent, insubordinate, reclusive junior officers is to >pile them all on a shuttle and work together to slaughter a >new alien race. > >...before "Fair Haven" taught us that the best morale boost >for the crew is a holographic Irish town. > >...before "Spirit Folk" taught us that the writers hate us >more than words can convey and want to hurt us. > >...before Tuvok lost his mind and became Neelix's best buddy >(and how much of his mind must he have lost for *that* to >happen). > >...before Torres's innermost anxieties were revealed and we >learned that, deep down, she's actually a very dull person. > >(sigh) > This season really is *much* worse than the last one! :-((( >And what the hell's up with next week's ep? (shrugs) Do you still care?? :-( Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)


On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:44:41 +0100, "EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >"Julianna Feigl" <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message >> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:07:22 -0600, "Mike. H." <mhantz@micron.net> >> wrote: >> > >> >I watched it again as well. Very, very good. After that, I got treated to >> >"Meld". Great episode. Damn how I wish Suder was still around. >> > >> >> one of the best eps ever.... back then they used the *real* actors... >> > >Brad Dourif is a great actor... Yes, he's great as well :-) Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Laura <laware@strato.net>)


Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1iomfsg7f4ui4ofbmpota2noh44v6bnatd@4ax.com... > On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:44:41 +0100, "EvilBill[AGQx]" > <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: > > >"Julianna Feigl" <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message > >> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:07:22 -0600, "Mike. H." <mhantz@micron.net> > >> wrote: > >> > > >> >I watched it again as well. Very, very good. After that, I got treated to > >> >"Meld". Great episode. Damn how I wish Suder was still around. > >> > > >> > >> one of the best eps ever.... back then they used the *real* actors... > >> > > > >Brad Dourif is a great actor... > > Yes, he's great as well :-) This has probably been answered in the past...are his eyes really that black, or did he have contact lenses?

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)


On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:03:36 GMT, *dj.duff*@virgin.net (Donna & Les Duff) wrote: > >>This season really is *much* worse than the last one! :-((( >> >> >>>And what the hell's up with next week's ep? >> >>(shrugs) Do you still care?? :-( >> >>Julianna >>-------- >>Tuvok: >>The main reason to watch Voyager! > >We are only just getting Season 6 in the UK. > >How could it possibly be worse than Season 5? > I'm actually beginning to see some good in season 5 now that I've seen about 20 eps of season 6... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)


On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:28:21 GMT, "Lisa" <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote: > >"Donna & Les Duff" <*dj.duff*@virgin.net> wrote in message >news:38fb0922.4618335@news.virgin.net... >> >> >This season really is *much* worse than the last one! :-((( >> > >> > >> >>And what the hell's up with next week's ep? >> > >> >(shrugs) Do you still care?? :-( >> > >> >Julianna >> >-------- >> >Tuvok: >> >The main reason to watch Voyager! >> >> We are only just getting Season 6 in the UK. >> >> How could it possibly be worse than Season 5? >> > > >Brace for impact! > >A very up and down season, what is good is excellent, yeah, it's called "Riddles" and "TInker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" >what is bad is >unspeakable. > the rest of the season... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)


On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:18:45 -0400, "Laura" <laware@strato.net> wrote: >Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:1iomfsg7f4ui4ofbmpota2noh44v6bnatd@4ax.com... >> On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:44:41 +0100, "EvilBill[AGQx]" >> <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >> >> >"Julianna Feigl" <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message >> >> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:07:22 -0600, "Mike. H." <mhantz@micron.net> >> >> wrote: >> >> > >> >> >I watched it again as well. Very, very good. After that, I got treated >to >> >> >"Meld". Great episode. Damn how I wish Suder was still around. >> >> > >> >> >> >> one of the best eps ever.... back then they used the *real* actors... >> >> >> > >> >Brad Dourif is a great actor... >> >> Yes, he's great as well :-) > >This has probably been answered in the past...are his eyes really that >black, or did he have contact lenses? > > probably contact lenses, though I don't know for sure... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Carey Miller <carey@catyo.com>)


I have not been a regualr viewer of Voyager since its mid first second. Having some time off, I decided to view the double episode Equinox. If I had any thought of watching Voyager again, it has been wiped from my mind. Just a few thoughts: - Was there ever an explanation as to how the Equinox got to the Delta Quadrant? - Does the computer system have no security? Max accesses a "command console" without breaking a sweat! Finally, why has the crew not mutinied against Janeway? In this episode (and in others I vaguely remember) she was outmatched completely. The only reason she got out of this was that Ransom had an incredibly convenient mental breakdown (seeing Jeri Ryan in his dreamscape could, however, be considered very mentally healthy). If Ransom had not saved the day, Voyager would have been destroyed. If a commanding officer had been so incompetent for so long in any branch of service, they would have been promoted or moved laterally away from command. I am amazed that the crew has not formed an officers tribunal and relieved Janeway of command. It is a real shame. I was looking forward to Voyager being an exciting redefinition of the Star Trek mythos. In fact, it is a moronic redifinition of the Star Drek heritage. Carey

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (*dj.duff*@virgin.net)


>This season really is *much* worse than the last one! :-((( > > >>And what the hell's up with next week's ep? > >(shrugs) Do you still care?? :-( > >Julianna >-------- >Tuvok: >The main reason to watch Voyager! We are only just getting Season 6 in the UK. How could it possibly be worse than Season 5? LesD

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)


"Donna & Les Duff" <*dj.duff*@virgin.net> wrote in message news:38fb0922.4618335@news.virgin.net... > > >This season really is *much* worse than the last one! :-((( > > > > > >>And what the hell's up with next week's ep? > > > >(shrugs) Do you still care?? :-( > > > >Julianna > >-------- > >Tuvok: > >The main reason to watch Voyager! > > We are only just getting Season 6 in the UK. > > How could it possibly be worse than Season 5? > Brace for impact! A very up and down season, what is good is excellent, what is bad is unspeakable.

2000-04-18 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)


Carey Miller wrote: > - Was there ever an explanation as to how the Equinox got to the Delta > Quadrant? Yes, the Eqinox was brought to the Delta Quadrant by the Caretaker.

2000-04-22 00:00:00 - Re: "Equinox" and the Season that's been... - (Laura <laware@strato.net>)


Nopel <nopel@nopel.invalid> wrote in message news:m7rufs0atnhh93arcsoi08g5860bd6g5n0@4ax.com... > On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:18:45 -0400, "Laura" <laware@strato.net> wrote: > >This has probably been answered in the past...are his eyes really that > >black, or did he have contact lenses? > > Contact lenses. All actors who've played Betazoids have had to wear black > contact lenses. Just watch Deanna Troi if you happen to catch another TNG > rerun: her eyes are also that black. Huh! But even with that there was a difference.....Deanna's eyes always seemed warm.....Suder's eyes....looked like black, cold pools....