FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-10 00:00:00 - Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - (havoc <havoc@ucs.net>)

Or was it Life Lame? The entire episode seemed like a bunch of gimmicks to be used for commercials! Mention Picard. Call Troi the "best" Counselor. Make it appear, for a couple of seconds, as if Troi was on board Voyager. Make the EMH even more unique by writing off all the other "Mark I's." Some cheesy exchanges at the end between the EMH and his creator. The "who repairs who" gimmick. Overall.... yuck. Some potential out of the episode: Monthly communication with Earth. That can create alot of nice little subplots and add alot of flavor. So hopefully they don't just forget about it. -Havoc

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - (Ann Johnson <Johnson.Ann@att.net>)

They were standing side by side. But she should have figured it out by the Doctor's out-of-style uniform. "Indrani DasGupta" <indrani@starpower.net> wrote in message news:8fdldv$73a$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > And why is it that she can tell Hayley is a hologram but she can't tell > Zimmerman and the Holodoc apart???

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

David B doth write thus: >Indrani DasGupta wrote: >> >> And why is it that she can tell Hayley is a hologram but she can't tell >> Zimmerman and the Holodoc apart??? > >I think that she was trying to break the tension by saying something >silly. That would explain her actions in TNG and the last three movies..... <EG> ***************************************** B'Elanna slowly began to suspect that the "OFF" button on the Holodeck panel *wasn't* the Optical Frequency File, but the long-rumored, mythical "off" switch.

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - (Laura <laware@strato.net>)

Indrani DasGupta <indrani@starpower.net> wrote in message news:8fdldv$73a$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > And why is it that she can tell Hayley is a hologram but she can't tell > Zimmerman and the Holodoc apart??? I know! It was irritating! "Which one of you is Dr. Zimmerman?" How about the one YOU CAN'T SENSE ANYTHING FROM?? -- "Chocolate is a serious thing" -Deanna Troi- Laura Ware (laware@strato.net)

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - (Indrani DasGupta <indrani@starpower.net>)

And why is it that she can tell Hayley is a hologram but she can't tell Zimmerman and the Holodoc apart??? havoc <havoc@ucs.net> wrote in message news:shkbcckkcp148@corp.supernews.com... > Or was it Life Lame? > > The entire episode seemed like a bunch of gimmicks to be used for > commercials! > Mention Picard. > Call Troi the "best" Counselor. > Make it appear, for a couple of seconds, as if Troi was on board Voyager. > Make the EMH even more unique by writing off all the other "Mark I's." > Some cheesy exchanges at the end between the EMH and his creator. The "who > repairs who" gimmick. > > Overall.... > yuck. > > Some potential out of the episode: Monthly communication with Earth. That > can create alot of nice little subplots and add alot of flavor. So > hopefully they don't just forget about it. > > -Havoc > > >

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - (giselelaroche@yahoo.com)

David B. bothecat2@hotmail.com wrote in <391A5B18.399BB8AD@hotmail.com>: >Indrani DasGupta wrote: >> >> And why is it that she can tell Hayley is a hologram but she can't tell >> Zimmerman and the Holodoc apart??? > >I think that she was trying to break the tension by saying something >silly. David you are so good at explaining things. I like this counter to this otherwise good nit. By the way, are you a psychologist or something? You always come up with good psychological explanations like this. Gisele --Ubi dubium ibi libertas--

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - (TehTigre aka Mic <TehTigre@nospam.net>)

havoc <havoc@ucs.net> wrote in message news:shkbcckkcp148@corp.supernews.com... > Or was it Life Lame? > > Call Troi the "best" Counselor. Well THAT part is true at least <wink>. But the episode was substandard and was NOT what it was protrayed to be in the previews. The TNG guests really didn't have that big of a role. If they think they can keep VOY afloat by throwing in Reg and Deeanna every once in a while, then give them BIGGER and BETTER parts! Mic Life Line is a DOCTOR/EMH/Picardo episode for any that don't know that already <sigh>..... And not one that showcases his talents either.

2000-05-12 00:00:00 - Re: Lame Line.... (minor spoilers) - (jkeller@voicenet.com)

"havoc" <havoc@ucs.net> wrote: >Make the EMH even more unique by writing off all the other "Mark I's." You can't make something "more" unique. Either it is unique or it isn't. Jack -------------------------------- "There are no standards of taste in wine, cigars, poetry, prose, etc. Each man's own taste is the standard and a majority vote cannot decide for him or in any slightest degree affect the supremacy of his own standard." - Mark Twain, 1895 --------------------------------