FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-01 00:00:00 - Series 5 - (hottie <pamucougherNOpaSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid>)

I have heard that the next series will take place way in the past such as just after first contact. Can anyone confirm this? And if they do have this series do you people agree that it will be the worst series. * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-05-01 00:00:00 - Re: Series 5 - (Blah Blah <longj002@hawaii.rr.com>)

Oh, Hell ya. The best part of Star Trek is it's technology. It will be a step in the wrong direction if they go with this "Birth of the Federation...who wants to see starships that can go warp 2 or fire LASERS??? (we'll make it to Vulcan...someday) ________ This message was posted by a person who likes Ablative armor and phasers. hottie wrote in message <040b54ba.8e42909d@usw-ex0101-005.remarq.com>... >I have heard that the next series will take place way in the >past such as just after first contact. Can anyone confirm this? >And if they do have this series do you people agree that it will >be the worst series. > >* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * >The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free! >

2000-05-02 00:00:00 - Re: Series 5 - (Blah Blah <longj002@hawaii.rr.com>)

I was just stating what I like about startrek. Sure, the story and characters are what make the show, but if it was all just about story, why not make a series similar to ER? No starships, no weapons, just a medical team complaining over who's going to get promoted or who's going to find a cure to another "trek style" disease. I personally don't watch Voyager just to see what Humane comment 7 of 9 has to say today, or how Ensign Kim escapes death one more time. I want to see giant starships, and torpedoes, multiphasic shielding, and Borg ships...well, a little less borg but... Anyway, everyone likes trek for some reason or another. Mine is Technology. ------------ Phasers are a good thing. MikeyS711 wrote in message <390e8158.0@news2.lightlink.com>... >Agreed. Surely Star Trek is not ABOUT technology. It's ABOUT people. > >Best, > >Mike > >David B. <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:390E6275.30759CF3@hotmail.com... >> Blah Blah wrote: >> > >> > Oh, Hell ya. The best part of Star Trek is it's technology. >> >> It's is? I don't watch Trek for the technology. Sure, it's cool but Star >> Trek is about the characters and stories more than anything else. > >

2000-05-02 00:00:00 - Re: Series 5 - (Peer van Tienen <Peer_v_Tienen@wanadoo.nl>)

well.... it's not only about tech, I think. But it's a importend part I think. Startrek is a nice combination of both. How can you have startrek without it. Mostly the story's are BAD. and the acting is WORSE. MikeyS711 <MikeyS711@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 390e8158.0@news2.lightlink.com... > Agreed. Surely Star Trek is not ABOUT technology. It's ABOUT people. > > Best, > > Mike > > David B. <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:390E6275.30759CF3@hotmail.com... > > Blah Blah wrote: > > > > > > Oh, Hell ya. The best part of Star Trek is it's technology. > > > > It's is? I don't watch Trek for the technology. Sure, it's cool but Star > > Trek is about the characters and stories more than anything else. > >

2000-05-02 00:00:00 - Re: Series 5 - (MikeyS711 <MikeyS711@aol.com>)

The stories are bad and the acting is worse? And technology makes up for that? Please... I couldn't disagree more. If I thought the stories and acting were bad, I wouldn't be a fan. I'm really not that big on technology, although of course it's interesting and needed in Star Trek. I'm a fan of the stories, the characters, and the messages of the show. Best, Mike Peer van Tienen <Peer_v_Tienen@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:390eee8b$0$6472@reader1.casema.net... > well.... > > it's not only about tech, I think. But it's a importend part I think. > Startrek is a nice combination of both. > How can you have startrek without it. > Mostly the story's are BAD. and the acting is WORSE. > > MikeyS711 <MikeyS711@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws > 390e8158.0@news2.lightlink.com... > > Agreed. Surely Star Trek is not ABOUT technology. It's ABOUT people. > > > > Best, > > > > Mike > > > > David B. <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:390E6275.30759CF3@hotmail.com... > > > Blah Blah wrote: > > > > > > > > Oh, Hell ya. The best part of Star Trek is it's technology. > > > > > > It's is? I don't watch Trek for the technology. Sure, it's cool but Star > > > Trek is about the characters and stories more than anything else. > > > > > >

no you are right. Every time there is a leck of inspiration. the go on fighting the borg. but thank god, we have 7 of nine and belana. atleast they look nice. Of course I'm just kidding, but I think that I wouldn't be as nice in the 22nd century. It would mis a essentionel factor. (I think, but maby i'm wrong) I think it's an importent combination. and agree with you on the rest of the points. MikeyS711 <MikeyS711@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 390f0894.0@news2.lightlink.com... > The stories are bad and the acting is worse? And technology makes up for > that? > > Please... I couldn't disagree more. If I thought the stories and acting > were bad, I wouldn't be a fan. I'm really not that big on technology, > although of course it's interesting and needed in Star Trek. I'm a fan of > the stories, the characters, and the messages of the show. > > Best, > > Mike > > Peer van Tienen <Peer_v_Tienen@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message > news:390eee8b$0$6472@reader1.casema.net... > > well.... > > > > it's not only about tech, I think. But it's a importend part I think. > > Startrek is a nice combination of both. > > How can you have startrek without it. > > Mostly the story's are BAD. and the acting is WORSE. > > > > MikeyS711 <MikeyS711@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws > > 390e8158.0@news2.lightlink.com... > > > Agreed. Surely Star Trek is not ABOUT technology. It's ABOUT people. > > > > > > Best, > > > > > > Mike > > > > > > David B. <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > > news:390E6275.30759CF3@hotmail.com... > > > > Blah Blah wrote: > > > > > > > > > > Oh, Hell ya. The best part of Star Trek is it's technology. > > > > > > > > It's is? I don't watch Trek for the technology. Sure, it's cool but > Star > > > > Trek is about the characters and stories more than anything else. > > > > > > > > > > > >

2000-05-02 00:00:00 - Re: Series 5 - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

2000-05-04 00:00:00 - Re: Series 5 - (Andrew Wilson <anwilson@indiana.edu>)

i think everyone loves the guns.....they're fun. but a series set at the start of the federation would be interesting, they'd finally be able to get away from having to refer to TOS stuff :) and the klingons would have no foreheads Andrew "Blah Blah" <longj002@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:ysGP4.136$XW1.5313@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com... > I was just stating what I like about startrek. Sure, the story and > characters are what make the show, but if it was all just about story, why > not make a series similar to ER? No starships, no weapons, just a medical > team complaining over who's going to get promoted or who's going to find a > cure to another "trek style" disease. I personally don't watch Voyager just > to see what Humane comment 7 of 9 has to say today, or how Ensign Kim > escapes death one more time. I want to see giant starships, and torpedoes, > multiphasic shielding, and Borg ships...well, a little less borg but... > > Anyway, everyone likes trek for some reason or another. Mine is Technology. >