FLM films - My Webpage

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - ("Chris W." <el_capitano@geocities.com>)

"Arlie" <arlie88@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message news:20000223062613.01261.00000227@ng-xe1.aol.com... > They only cut it in the U.S. (to make room for more commercials). Canada got > to see it. And of course, these "missing scenes" are in the commercial > videotapes. > > IOW, they're only "missing" for those of us in U.S.! Not entirely. Some Canadian UPN Affiliate channels are actually American stations. The two channels that show Voyager here in Vancouver are both based in the US. Hence we got to see only the cut versions of the episodes. On the other hand, episodes that were originally shown before the cuts took place were shown uncut in reruns. In the US, I believe they cut the reruns as well. So some parts of Canada got uncut episodes, and others got the cut ones. Chris W.

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (Lisa <dugmore@freeuk.com>)

"HouseQuake" <tokelly@spam.free.tcac.net> wrote in message news:38B3E392.EAD532D3@spam.free.tcac.net... > i saw "the disease" last night as well. i think this episode is the best example > of how far the show has strayed from its original theme. voyager was supposed to > be lost in the "wilds" of the delta quadrant, struggling to survive. here we find > them helping someone else repair their ship, going so far as too offer them some > of the anti-matter they so rarely run out of. there is nothing wrong with them > *wanting* to help. the question is should they have even *been able* to help? > > hq > <sigh> This is one of my biggest gripes about this show and its crew. I find it hard to understand why they think nothing of stopping and aiding people for weeks at a time and giving away their resources. I am also surprised that even though Janeway loves to make the Grand Gesture that none of the crew ever comments to each other on the fact that they would rather just get home instead of helping every lame duck that comes their way.

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (rturner606@aol.com)

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (sinatracat@aol.commmmjello)

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

>> Because they decided they didn't want Tuvok to get the last word - which is why they now never write a scene for him that way anymore. :-( << No, I think it's just a really unfortunate choice. They had to cut something, and picked this. You know they aren't going to cut any of their expensive FX and action scenes. So it's the charming character interaction scenes that get the ax. Like Tuvok getting the last word against both Tom and Chuckles. Harry and the Doc fighting, then making up in "Warhead." Seven helping Janeway dress in "Someone To Watch Over Me." Tom buying Harry a beer in "Dark Frontier," and inadvertantly insulting Seven while trying to comfort Harry. Bummer that they were cut in the first run, but I'm really, really glad we're finally getting to see these scenes in syndication! -- Arlie

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen.NO.spam@hotmail.comTuvok.rules>)

Arlie wrote: > > Well, the missing two minutes for this episode contains a charming Paris-Tuvok > moment. For once Tuvok gets the last word! > > It's just before Paris sabotages the comm system to hide Harry's phone sex. > Paris is bugging Tuvok at his station, trying to convince him that they should > adopt some of the Varro technology. "You could recreate Vulcan in your > quarters!" "Why would I want to do that?" Tuvok replies. Paris keeps trying > to persuade him, but all Tuvok needs is a bed and a desk. Finally Paris gives > up and goes to his station. Chakotay looks at Tuvok in admiration. "Only two > minutes. How did you do it?" Tuvok and Chuckles share a conspiratorial look. > "I simply wait for his own illogic to collapse on him," Tuvok reveals. > > This is something that's been sorely missing -- a chance for some humor and > one-upmanship from Tuvok. How dare they cut it? Because they decided they didn't want Tuvok to get the last word - which is why they now never write a scene for him that way anymore. :-( Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (Sylvia <sschmidt@ozemail.com.au>)

Interesting that you say they cut it. In Australia, we are years behind on TV but we get the epsiodes out on video about 6 months after they are screened in the US. That scene is definitely in the video. It's a good Tuvok moment. Sylvia Arlie <arlie88@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message news:20000223003329.01263.00000165@ng-xe1.aol.com... > Well, the missing two minutes for this episode contains a charming Paris-Tuvok > moment. For once Tuvok gets the last word! > > It's just before Paris sabotages the comm system to hide Harry's phone sex. > Paris is bugging Tuvok at his station, trying to convince him that they should > adopt some of the Varro technology. "You could recreate Vulcan in your > quarters!" "Why would I want to do that?" Tuvok replies. Paris keeps trying > to persuade him, but all Tuvok needs is a bed and a desk. Finally Paris gives > up and goes to his station. Chakotay looks at Tuvok in admiration. "Only two > minutes. How did you do it?" Tuvok and Chuckles share a conspiratorial look. > "I simply wait for his own illogic to collapse on him," Tuvok reveals. > > This is something that's been sorely missing -- a chance for some humor and > one-upmanship from Tuvok. How dare they cut it? > > > -- Arlie

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

>> Interesting that you say they cut it. In Australia, we are years behind on TV but we get the epsiodes out on video about 6 months after they are screened in the US. That scene is definitely in the video. It's a good Tuvok moment. << They only cut it in the U.S. (to make room for more commercials). Canada got to see it. And of course, these "missing scenes" are in the commercial videotapes. IOW, they're only "missing" for those of us in U.S.! -- Arlie

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (HouseQuake <tokelly@spam.free.tcac.net>)

i saw "the disease" last night as well. i think this episode is the best example of how far the show has strayed from its original theme. voyager was supposed to be lost in the "wilds" of the delta quadrant, struggling to survive. here we find them helping someone else repair their ship, going so far as too offer them some of the anti-matter they so rarely run out of. there is nothing wrong with them *wanting* to help. the question is should they have even *been able* to help? hq Arlie wrote: > Well, the missing two minutes for this episode contains a charming Paris-Tuvok > moment. For once Tuvok gets the last word! > > It's just before Paris sabotages the comm system to hide Harry's phone sex. > Paris is bugging Tuvok at his station, trying to convince him that they should > adopt some of the Varro technology. "You could recreate Vulcan in your > quarters!" "Why would I want to do that?" Tuvok replies. Paris keeps trying > to persuade him, but all Tuvok needs is a bed and a desk. Finally Paris gives > up and goes to his station. Chakotay looks at Tuvok in admiration. "Only two > minutes. How did you do it?" Tuvok and Chuckles share a conspiratorial look. > "I simply wait for his own illogic to collapse on him," Tuvok reveals. > > This is something that's been sorely missing -- a chance for some humor and > one-upmanship from Tuvok. How dare they cut it? > > -- Arlie

2000-02-23 00:00:00 - "The Disease" -- missing scene - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

Well, the missing two minutes for this episode contains a charming Paris-Tuvok moment. For once Tuvok gets the last word! It's just before Paris sabotages the comm system to hide Harry's phone sex. Paris is bugging Tuvok at his station, trying to convince him that they should adopt some of the Varro technology. "You could recreate Vulcan in your quarters!" "Why would I want to do that?" Tuvok replies. Paris keeps trying to persuade him, but all Tuvok needs is a bed and a desk. Finally Paris gives up and goes to his station. Chakotay looks at Tuvok in admiration. "Only two minutes. How did you do it?" Tuvok and Chuckles share a conspiratorial look. "I simply wait for his own illogic to collapse on him," Tuvok reveals. This is something that's been sorely missing -- a chance for some humor and one-upmanship from Tuvok. How dare they cut it? -- Arlie

2000-02-24 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen.NOspam@hotmail.comTuvok.rules>)

Arlie wrote: > > >> Because they decided they didn't want Tuvok to get the last word - which > is why they now never write a scene for him that way anymore. :-( << > > No, I think it's just a really unfortunate choice. They had to cut something, > and picked this. > > You know they aren't going to cut any of their expensive FX and action scenes. > So it's the charming character interaction scenes that get the ax. Like Tuvok > getting the last word against both Tom and Chuckles. Harry and the Doc > fighting, then making up in "Warhead." Seven helping Janeway dress in "Someone > To Watch Over Me." Tom buying Harry a beer in "Dark Frontier," and > inadvertantly insulting Seven while trying to comfort Harry. at least it's not *always* Tuvok who gets cut.... > Bummer that they were cut in the first run, but I'm really, really glad we're > finally getting to see these scenes in syndication! you're probably right Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-02-24 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

2000-02-24 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (sinatracat@aol.commmmjello)

2000-02-25 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (Laura Ware <laware@strato.net>)

Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen.NO.spam@hotmail.comTuvok.rules> wrote in message news:38B40009.3663@hotmail.comTuvok.rules... > Arlie wrote: > > > > Well, the missing two minutes for this episode contains a charming Paris-Tuvok > > moment. For once Tuvok gets the last word! > > > > It's just before Paris sabotages the comm system to hide Harry's phone sex. > > Paris is bugging Tuvok at his station, trying to convince him that they should > > adopt some of the Varro technology. "You could recreate Vulcan in your > > quarters!" "Why would I want to do that?" Tuvok replies. Paris keeps trying > > to persuade him, but all Tuvok needs is a bed and a desk. Finally Paris gives > > up and goes to his station. Chakotay looks at Tuvok in admiration. "Only two > > minutes. How did you do it?" Tuvok and Chuckles share a conspiratorial look. > > "I simply wait for his own illogic to collapse on him," Tuvok reveals. > > > > This is something that's been sorely missing -- a chance for some humor and > > one-upmanship from Tuvok. How dare they cut it? > > Because they decided they didn't want Tuvok to get the last word - which > is why they now never write a scene for him that way anymore. :-( Pardon me, Julianna....I need to borrow your sulk corner.... :-( ::sulking::

2000-02-25 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen.NO.spam@hotmail.comTuvok.rules>)

Laura Ware wrote: > > Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen.NO.spam@hotmail.comTuvok.rules> wrote in > message news:38B40009.3663@hotmail.comTuvok.rules.. > > Arlie wrote: > > > > > > Well, the missing two minutes for this episode contains a charming > Paris-Tuvok > > > moment. For once Tuvok gets the last word! > > > > > > It's just before Paris sabotages the comm system to hide Harry's phone > sex. > > > Paris is bugging Tuvok at his station, trying to convince him that they > should > > > adopt some of the Varro technology. "You could recreate Vulcan in your > > > quarters!" "Why would I want to do that?" Tuvok replies. Paris keeps > trying > > > to persuade him, but all Tuvok needs is a bed and a desk. Finally Paris > gives > > > up and goes to his station. Chakotay looks at Tuvok in admiration. > "Only two > > > minutes. How did you do it?" Tuvok and Chuckles share a conspiratorial > look. > > > "I simply wait for his own illogic to collapse on him," Tuvok reveals. > > > > > > This is something that's been sorely missing -- a chance for some humor > and > > > one-upmanship from Tuvok. How dare they cut it? > > > > Because they decided they didn't want Tuvok to get the last word - which > > is why they now never write a scene for him that way anymore. :-( > > Pardon me, Julianna....I need to borrow your sulk corner.... :-( > ::sulking:: I'm still in it trying to get over "Spirit Folk" :-( Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-02-26 00:00:00 - Re: "The Disease" -- missing scene - (Laura Ware <laware@strato.net>)

Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen.NO.spam@hotmail.comTuvok.rules> wrote in message news:38B6BE94.19C6@hotmail.comTuvok.rules... > Laura Ware wrote: > > > > Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen.NO.spam@hotmail.comTuvok.rules> wrote in > > message news:38B40009.3663@hotmail.comTuvok.rules.. > > > Arlie wrote: > > > > > > > > Well, the missing two minutes for this episode contains a charming > > Paris-Tuvok > > > > moment. For once Tuvok gets the last word! > > > > > > > > It's just before Paris sabotages the comm system to hide Harry's phone > > sex. > > > > Paris is bugging Tuvok at his station, trying to convince him that they > > should > > > > adopt some of the Varro technology. "You could recreate Vulcan in your > > > > quarters!" "Why would I want to do that?" Tuvok replies. Paris keeps > > trying > > > > to persuade him, but all Tuvok needs is a bed and a desk. Finally Paris > > gives > > > > up and goes to his station. Chakotay looks at Tuvok in admiration. > > "Only two > > > > minutes. How did you do it?" Tuvok and Chuckles share a conspiratorial > > look. > > > > "I simply wait for his own illogic to collapse on him," Tuvok reveals. > > > > > > > > This is something that's been sorely missing -- a chance for some humor > > and > > > > one-upmanship from Tuvok. How dare they cut it? > > > > > > Because they decided they didn't want Tuvok to get the last word - which > > > is why they now never write a scene for him that way anymore. :-( > > > > Pardon me, Julianna....I need to borrow your sulk corner.... :-( > > ::sulking:: > > > I'm still in it trying to get over "Spirit Folk" :-( Well, move a little to the right...little more...there! ::sits and sulks::