FLM films - My Webpage

2000-08-02 00:00:00 - My thoughts on Memorial... - (Mr_Heavyfoot <mr_heavyfoot_kithNOmrSPAM@mailcity.com.invalid>)

I am actually very impressed with this episode. I actually had to double check that it was Voyager that I had on. Everyone in this episode did an exceptional job. Beltran actually did some acting in this one. Naomi Wildman didn't irritate me. Neither did Neelix. I actually enjoyed his scene with Seven talking about remorse. To quote Scotty in Generations it "Brought a tear to me eye." Even RDM did a decent job with this ep. In my opinion the star of the ep. was Ensign Kim. Of all the people subjected to the memories, Harry was the one who I felt sorriest for. Garrett Wang did a really great job in his performance. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best Voyager ep. (not that that's a hard thing to accomplish). It is just too bad that they haven't figured out how to do MORE episodes like this instead of subjecting us to Borg ep. after Borg ep. with a Borg ep. the week after that. RH TheSiskoIsOfBajor "I am crushing your heads."-Mark McKinney ----------------------------------------------------------- Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free! http://www.keen.com

2000-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On 03 Aug 2000 10:52:14 GMT, arlie88@aol.comNoSpam (Arlie) wrote: >>> I am actually very impressed with this episode. << > >Me, too. It's probably my favorite of season 6. (Which isn't saying much, but >still.) > >>> Everyone in >this episode did an exceptional job. Beltran actually did some >acting in this one. Naomi Wildman didn't irritate me. Neither >did Neelix. << > >Yes. The cast was well-used here. Almost like the first season.... > some better than others, though... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 23:01:15 -0700, Mr_Heavyfoot <mr_heavyfoot_kithNOmrSPAM@mailcity.com.invalid> wrote: >I am actually very impressed with this episode. I actually had >to double check that it was Voyager that I had on. Everyone in >this episode did an exceptional job. you mean, those that had something to do, ... > Beltran actually did some >acting in this one. Naomi Wildman didn't irritate me. Neither >did Neelix. I actually enjoyed his scene with Seven talking >about remorse. To quote Scotty in Generations it "Brought a >tear to me eye." Even RDM did a decent job with this ep. In my >opinion the star of the ep. was Ensign Kim. Of all the people >subjected to the memories, Harry was the one who I felt sorriest >for. Garrett Wang did a really great job in his performance. Garrett is a fine actor! >There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best Voyager ep. >(not that that's a hard thing to accomplish). It is just too >bad that they haven't figured out how to do MORE episodes like >this instead of subjecting us to Borg ep. after Borg ep. with a >Borg ep. the week after that. > yeah - and more Borg crap coming up... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:59:49 -0400, "Laura" <laware@strato.net> wrote: >Arlie <arlie88@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message >news:20000803170730.11728.00004104@ng-md1.aol.com... >> >>>Yes. The cast was well-used here. Almost like the first season.... >> > >> >> some better than others, though... << >> >> Yes. But I did like Tuvok in this one. He wasn't a laughingstock, as he >was >> in "Muse" and "Fair Haven." He got to do his investigation thing, which I >> always like. We saw him in command of half the away mission. And his >low-key >> but compassionate attempts to reassure poor Harry were great. > >Yes. This was a good Season Six episode for him. You mean a few nice token lines... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

On 03 Aug 2000 21:07:30 GMT, arlie88@aol.comNoSpam (Arlie) wrote: >>>>Yes. The cast was well-used here. Almost like the first season.... >> > >some better than others, though... << > >Yes. But I did like Tuvok in this one. He wasn't a laughingstock, as he was >in "Muse" and "Fair Haven." He got to do his investigation thing, which I >always like. We saw him in command of half the away mission. And his low-key >but compassionate attempts to reassure poor Harry were great. > Still, even in an ensemble ep it's those with eps of their own and with relationships and other cool things that once again get the large parts. And the background bit player who has to make do with a few lines. :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Laura <laware@strato.net>)

Arlie <arlie88@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message news:20000803170730.11728.00004104@ng-md1.aol.com... > >>>Yes. The cast was well-used here. Almost like the first season.... > > > > some better than others, though... << > > Yes. But I did like Tuvok in this one. He wasn't a laughingstock, as he was > in "Muse" and "Fair Haven." He got to do his investigation thing, which I > always like. We saw him in command of half the away mission. And his low-key > but compassionate attempts to reassure poor Harry were great. Yes. This was a good Season Six episode for him. -- Laura Ware (laware@strato.net) A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious.

2000-08-05 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On 04 Aug 2000 22:57:39 GMT, arlie88@aol.comNoSpam (Arlie) wrote: >>> Still, even in an ensemble ep it's those with eps of their own and >with relationships and other cool things that once again get the large >parts. And the background bit player who has to make do with a few >lines. :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( << > >Seven had the smallest part in this ep. > >I think it was right that Tuvok wasn't one of the ones affected (who were the >ones who had the big roles). He's a Vulcan, and is supposed to have more >control. Anything that drove Tuvok to freak out would likely kill the mere >humans on the ship. He's also the telepathic one that might be easier affected and sooner than others, because he would pick up on such things through telepathy... he might also have picked up telepathically that something was wrong with the others or whatever. There would have been ways to use him more if somebody had bothered to give it a thought. Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-05 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Zepper <zepper_71@yahoo.com>)

Mr_Heavyfoot <mr_heavyfoot_kithNOmrSPAM@mailcity.com.invalid> wrote in message news:123a8462.7f46bf00@usw-ex0105-036.remarq.com... > Harry was the one who I felt sorriest > for. Garrett Wang did a really great job in his performance. I agree. For once I think he was believable. We need more eps like this for the final season! -- Dudette Zepper :-P "Are you telling me I'm impossible to resist?" Tom Paris (Blood Fever)

2000-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (justinens@aol.comREMOVE)

2000-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On 06 Aug 2000 00:55:09 GMT, arlie88@aol.comNoSpam (Arlie) wrote: >>> He's also the telepathic one that might be easier affected and sooner >than others, because he would pick up on such things through >telepathy... << > >No, I don't think so. It wasn't a telepathic phenomenon. It was clearly >designed to affect nontelepathic species. Also, there are other telepaths >(Vorik!) on Voyager, but they aren't regulars, and so having telepaths sense >the memorial would needlessly complicate the plot. > >>> he might also have picked up telepathically that >something was wrong with the others or whatever. << > >That's true. If it were Spock, he would do a mind-meld in order to try and >find out if the experiences were real or not. > it just shows that they did *not* bother to find a way how to include him. The same with "Life Line". Now what would have been the problem, if the *security* officer had commented on how risky it might be to send the Doctor to the Alpha Quadrant and leave them short on qualified personnel (as good as Tommy may be, he wouldn't be able to handle an emergency *alone*). Janeway could then have commented on: "Is that your professional advice or are you just unhappy with the thought that your letters to your family will have to wait?" and him answering that this would be an illogical, overemotional reaction of something. half a minute's worth and great character development between these two, hinting at a deeper understanding and at the existence of a long neglected friendship, while at the same time bringing up that family of his that the writers keep avoiding. But no, he gets not one bloody word all episode... :-((((( Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On 04 Aug 2000 22:57:39 GMT, arlie88@aol.comNoSpam (Arlie) wrote: >I think it was right that Tuvok wasn't one of the ones affected (who were the >ones who had the big roles). He's a Vulcan, and is supposed to have more >control. Anything that drove Tuvok to freak out would likely kill the mere >humans on the ship. It seems to have effected only certain parts of the human crew as well. I believe that when the doctor mentioned it to Janeway in the triage set up in the mess hall, it had only effected about 39 of the crew. That's what? 1/3 of the crew? Probably less? -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` UIN#: 788639 (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

2000-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

2000-08-07 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Silverhawk the Strange <silverhawk@temporal-refraction.fsnet.co.uk>)

2000-08-07 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On 06 Aug 2000 22:38:52 GMT, justinens@aol.comREMOVE (Species 5326) wrote: >>it just shows that they did *not* bother to find a way how to include >>him. The same with "Life Line". Now what would have been the problem, >>if the *security* officer had commented on how risky it might be to >>send the Doctor to the Alpha Quadrant and leave them short on >>qualified personnel (as good as Tommy may be, he wouldn't be able to >>handle an emergency *alone*). Janeway could then have commented on: >>"Is that your professional advice or are you just unhappy with the >>thought that your letters to your family will have to wait?" and him >>answering that this would be an illogical, overemotional reaction of >>something. half a minute's worth and great character development >>between these two, hinting at a deeper understanding and at the >>existence of a long neglected friendship, while at the same time >>bringing up that family of his that the writers keep avoiding. But no, >>he gets not one bloody word all episode... :-((((( >> > >OK, calm down. It'll be OK. After 2 1/2 years of utter neglect????? Of humiliating, demeaning scenes like space-sickness and sleeping on the bridge? And after no lines at all and only 4 token words in yet another episode???? > Just think of the Tuvok episodes that they used >to do, and happy thoughts will enter your mind. the problem is, it's been so incredibly long since they did anything with him, they probably never will again... > Like that one with the >Excelsior? Remember? Yeah, the good old days.... that was filmed back in seson 2... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 22:21:18 +0100, "Silverhawk the Strange" <silverhawk@temporal-refraction.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: >>> > Yes. But I did like Tuvok in this one. He wasn't a laughing >>> > stock, as he was in "Muse" and "Fair Haven." He got to do >>> > his investigation thing, which I always like. We saw him in >>> > command of half the away mission. And his low-key but >>> > compassionate attempts to reassure poor Harry were great. >>> >>> Yes. This was a good Season Six episode for him. >> >> You mean a few nice token lines... > >How did I know you were going to say this? :-) > > clairvoyance? mind reading? telepathy? :-) Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 22:24:10 +0100, "Silverhawk the Strange" <silverhawk@temporal-refraction.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: >>> Like that one with the Excelsior? Remember? >> >> Yeah, the good old days.... that was filmed back in seson 2... > >"Flashback" was season 3. > It *aired* in season 3, but was filmed in sesaon 2. It's one of the 4 episodes that were held over for next season. Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: My thoughts on Memorial... - (Silverhawk the Strange <silverhawk@temporal-refraction.fsnet.co.uk>)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:02:22 +0100, "Silverhawk the Strange" <silverhawk@temporal-refraction.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: >>>"Flashback" was season 3. >>> >> >> It *aired* in season 3, but was filmed in sesaon 2. It's one of >> the 4 episodes that were held over for next season. > >Oh! Like during the first season when they decided to use the last >four episodes in the second season instead? (although they were still >released as originally planned (the end of season 1) over here). > Exactly. although they had these 4 eps from season 1 they still filmed 26 during seson 2, but aired only 22, the remaining 4 were held over for season 3. In season 3 they decided around Christmas that since they had had these 4 eps from last year they only really needed to do 22 that season (they probably had no ideas for more shows...) so they would go on an early hiatus and get back to work earlier too and do 26 full episodes for season 4. Which is what they did. From then on 26 eps were done every year and aired that season. Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!