FLM films - My Webpage

2000-07-14 00:00:00 - Another blast from the past. - ("Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Hi, I was tripping through memory lane, no Fiver not that kind of tripping, mad came across this post that had been made to the group, a long while ago. I was struck by how much of the advice I could benefit from following myself, and though it would be a good thing to share with everyone. So without further words from me now, let me take you back to mid September last year..... ******* Hi folks, I have been thinking about many things, about how much I like all of you here and about how much I enjoy posting here. ****** And it pleases me to say, this still holds true. (Pie - July 2000)****** It was heart breaking to watch what happened here among friends, however that all seems, thankfully, very far behind us and we are all looking forwards again. ****** Something else I hope to be true. (Pie - July 2000) ****** Having though about it for a long time, I want to share with you all the things I thought about, the conclusions I arrived at and the things I, personally, will try to do in future; ---------- We're all friends. Have fun, kid around and poke fun at each other, flirt, talk Trek, etc... but don't flame or hurt each other, use common sense. None of the "regs" are trolls, nor should they be treated that way. Be open and honest. What purpose does being closed or dishonest serve? Always assume the most positive interpretation of remarks, avoiding unnecessary negative feelings. Do not make assumptions regarding the interpretation or meaning of a remark, if in doubt ask for clarification, immediately, misunderstandings are dealt with at the earliest opportunity and things do not "build up". Treat others with the respect I wish to receive, that means do not use cutting sarcasm, do not be condescending or patronising. Make no personal attacks, by all means attack argument, but no personal attacks, if in doubt regarding the wording of a post, take a breath and review it before sending. If provoked, do not retaliate initially, seek clarification for the reasons for the attack and remain calm, count to 10 before responding. Allow time for the opportunity for an explanation, withdrawal or apology Always address the issue and not the person in a heated discussion Be polite, think about the way something is worded, avoid unnecessary hurt or offence. Try not to swear it can be easily mis-interpreted. Remember that English may *not* be the poster's first language, no matter how well they appear to speak it. If in doubt, *ask* the person, but do not attack them for bad use of English, that is both condescending and rude and very unfriendly. If having an unsolveable argument with someone, take it to email, seek a third party to mediate. Deal with the conflict carefully, resolving a bitter argument on the NG may force others to take sides and cause additional conflict. Always accept responsibility for my actions and reactions to others. Trolls should be dealt with in the normal manner ie avoidance or flames, flames and more flames. A troll should be treated with all the respect that they deserve, none. -------- Now then, with luck there will be one or two flirty posts that I can reply to... -Sweetie Pie ******** Hmmmmm.... well, how times change, I mean, it's not like I'll be on the look out for flirty posts to answer now, is it?? <vbeg> Ooops, of course that is unless they are made by a rather lovely lady from Tennessee. - Pie

2000-07-14 00:00:00 - Re: Another blast from the past. - ("Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Engaged Pie (aka Gordon) wrote > Hi, > > I was tripping through memory lane, no Fiver not that kind of tripping, > mad came across this post that had been made to the group, a long while *sigh* This is what I get for allowing a spell checker to rule my world. It should - of course - read... > and came across this post that had been made to the group, a long while ^^^

2000-07-15 00:00:00 - Re: Another blast from the past. - (Lady Pie aka Michelle <LadyPie_2000@NOLIKESPAMyahoo.co.uk>)

Engaged Pie (aka Gordon) <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:y2Nb5.1388$ht.132115@news3.cableinet.net... > Engaged Pie (aka Gordon) wrote > > Hi, > > > > I was tripping through memory lane, no Fiver not that kind of > tripping, > > mad came across this post that had been made to the group, a long > while > > *sigh* > This is what I get for allowing a spell checker to rule my world. > > It should - of course - read... > > > and came across this post that had been made to the group, a long > while > ^^^ S'okay. We knew what you mean. <smoochies>

2000-07-15 00:00:00 - Re: Another blast from the past. - ("Ta', Hannibal Lecters Apprentice" <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-07-15 00:00:00 - Re: Another blast from the past. - (Laura <laware@strato.net>)

Engaged Pie (aka Gordon) <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:yTMb5.1343$ht.129735@news3.cableinet.net... > Hi, > > I was tripping through memory lane, no Fiver not that kind of tripping, > mad came across this post that had been made to the group, a long while > ago. I was struck by how much of the advice I could benefit from > following myself, and though it would be a good thing to share with > everyone. <advice snipped> > Now then, with luck there will be one or two flirty posts that I can > reply to... > > -Sweetie Pie > > > ******** > > Hmmmmm.... well, how times change, I mean, it's not like I'll be on the > look out for flirty posts to answer now, is it?? > <vbeg> > Ooops, of course that is unless they are made by a rather lovely lady > from Tennessee. > > - Pie <g> You'll have to settle for a grin and a hug from me, Gordan. [[[[[]]]]] -- Laura Ware (laware@strato.net Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but he/she can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake

2000-07-15 00:00:00 - Re: Another blast from the past. - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25NOSPAM@freeuk.com>)

"Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message > > Make no personal attacks, by all means attack argument, but no personal > attacks, if in doubt regarding the wording of a post, take a breath and > review it before sending. > You pillock! <g> > If provoked, do not retaliate initially, seek clarification for the > reasons for the attack and remain calm, count to 10 before responding. > Allow time for the opportunity for an explanation, withdrawal or apology > You have 10 seconds. ;-) > > Try not to swear it can be easily mis-interpreted. > Bollocks! <g> > > Trolls should be dealt with in the normal manner ie avoidance or flames, > flames and more flames. A troll should be treated with all the respect > that they deserve, none. Ah, I must be a troll then, I gets no respect <g> > > Hmmmmm.... well, how times change, I mean, it's not like I'll be on the > look out for flirty posts to answer now, is it?? > <vbeg> > Ooops, of course that is unless they are made by a rather lovely lady > from Tennessee. > *jealous* I wish I had a lovely lady! *cries* -- * If you travel far enough, you'll eventually meet yourself. That's gotta suck. ICQ: 37464244 Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail.

2000-07-17 00:00:00 - Re: Another blast from the past. - ("Ta', Hannibal Lecters Apprentice" <tateria@yahoo.com>)

F_Lee <fionablue47@DIESPAMDIEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:397311a0@news.iprimus.com.au... > > Ta', Hannibal Lecters Apprentice wrote in message ... > > > >Engaged Pie (aka Gordon) <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote > >in message news:yTMb5.1343$ht.129735@news3.cableinet.net... > >> Hi, > >> > >> I was tripping through memory lane, no Fiver not that kind > >of tripping, > > > >Shouldnt that be whacking? > > > >> mad came across this post that had been made to the group, > >a long while > >> ago. > <snip> > > > >> and things do not "build up". > > > >So they build down? Is this meant for those wacko Auusies?? > > > Who are you calling whacko, buddy??????? Hee Hee. Aussies, I love them.

2000-07-18 00:00:00 - Re: Another blast from the past. - (F_Lee <fionablue47@DIESPAMDIEhotmail.com>)

Ta', Hannibal Lecters Apprentice wrote in message ... > >Engaged Pie (aka Gordon) <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote >in message news:yTMb5.1343$ht.129735@news3.cableinet.net... >> Hi, >> >> I was tripping through memory lane, no Fiver not that kind >of tripping, > >Shouldnt that be whacking? > >> mad came across this post that had been made to the group, >a long while >> ago. <snip> > >> and things do not "build up". > >So they build down? Is this meant for those wacko Auusies?? > Who are you calling whacko, buddy??????? Fiona