FLM films - My Webpage

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (TehTigre <TehTigre@nospam.net>)

Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:nP8C4.2582$f67.82709@news3.cableinet.net... > > > When do we get a new Pie BTW?? > > Sometime this week, assuming I can find the post with all the requests > on it. > *WHISPERS SEDUCTIVELY INTO PIE'S EAR - chocolate chess, chocolate chess, chocolate chess ........* I know I am cheating here - but HEY? What can I say? *giggle* Mic > >

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

Michael Robinson wrote: > > Pie wrote: > > Hey, here's another idea, how about they take a 5 year hiatus to allow > > the dust to settle? > > Too bad Paramount is too busy milking the cash cow to actually give it a > rest. Hollywood is a business. As long as Trek is making money why should they stop making it? That's why they make tv shows. They don't make them for any altruistic reasons. And it's the only reason why. Anyone who proposed the idea of giving it a rest would get fired and it would still happen. They'll give Trek a rest when it stops making money. That's the only thing that will make that happen.

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Pie wrote: > Hey, here's another idea, how about they take a 5 year hiatus to allow > the dust to settle? Too bad Paramount is too busy milking the cash cow to actually give it a rest. I'd think a year or two to get their heads screwed back on right, get rid of that continuity hating, let's make a show that Joe Lunchbox can pick up if he happens to catch it in Season 87, lost his writing chops Braga would be good for the franchise. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

Lisa wrote: > > "Pie" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:Wm2C4.2223$f67.70215@news3.cableinet.net... > > Kim wrote > > > On our local news tonight they announced that Voyager will be > > cancelled at the > > > end of the next season, and will be replaced by a spinoff. Any ideas > > for this > > > spinoff? Somehow I think Seven will be involved. > > > > > > > Not cancelled, simply ending. Trek series have ended after seven years > > since TNG. It's something like going out at the peak rather than > > flogging a dead horse and getting dragged off for being smelly and > > rotten. > > > > I rather hope Seven is *not* involved. In fact I would like to see non > > of our Vyagers in the new series, except as recurring characters or > > guest stars. The new series, assuming that there is one, should be > > separate and it's own thing. It should not depend on anything else for > > popularity, besides it's not like depending on Voyager for some form of > > popularity could be described as a winning strategy. > > > > Personally I would like the new series to do several things; > > > > a) concentrate on the characters involved and their relationships(not > > necessarily romantic) with each other. > > b) explore issues, sometimes over more than one episode. > > c) use story arcs for characters and promote continuity. > > d)follow through on difficult story concepts instead of backing away > > with some treknobabble or PC claptrap. > > e) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > f) No transfers from Voyager or DS9. I like Worf, I really do, but he > > cannot move to another series, the same goes for other characters from > > Voyager and DS9. They are fin as cameo characters or even recurring > > characters, but *not* main characters. Lt Barclay, Troi and Geordie have > > all provided examples of the right way to do this. > > g) fire the enrite production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > h) return to the core values of Trek, that is the exploration of the > > human condition, loyalty and friendship. > > i) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > j) A ship called Enterprise > > k) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > l) concentrate on getting the stories and characters right, every time. > > No more slap-dash scripts and stories that haven't been thought out. > > m) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > n) build a skeleton story arc that other stories can be built on to. Yes > > I know this is rather B5 and DS9 like, but I really think that some > > continuing story line, not something big, but something that moves the > > characters along is good. > > o) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > p) let the characters develope! > > q) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > > > I think that's about it, oh yeah, one more thing, fire Brannon Bragga > > and the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh. > > Pie, would you by any chance like them to fire the entire production staff > from Voyager and start afresh??????? > > When do we get a new Pie BTW?? > > Lisa That's the impression I got as well. I wonder where I could have gotten that? :) * Robinson -- "fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh." -- Pie

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Splinter wrote: > > On 22 Mar 2000 04:18:25 GMT, kimsmit@aol.com (Kim ) wrote: > > >On our local news tonight they announced that Voyager will be cancelled at the > >end of the next season, and will be replaced by a spinoff. Any ideas for this > >spinoff? Somehow I think Seven will be involved. > > > > Here's the latest, as confirmed by Rick Berman: The new Trek Series > will take place, not in the "TNG" timeline, but, in the *Pre-Kirk* days of the > early UFP. > The exact dates haven't been determined to see if this happens just > before Kirk takes command of the Enterprise, if Chris Pike is in command (very > doubtful considering Spock was his science officer and no amount of "aging down" > will convince people that Nimoy can portray a younger Spock). > It could take place alongside Pike's days, but, on another ship with, > maybe, passing mentions of the Enterprise. > I would suspect, though, that this series will explore the formation of > the UFP and how it expands from three planets into the powerhouse it evolves > into in Picard's day. If so, this would take place between "First Contact" and > 2175, I would roughly guess. It might even cover the UFP-Romulan War that was > mentioned in TOS and TNG. > Remember that most of this is speculation on my part :) If we're lucky, > we might see the ancestors of TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager characters. > Basically, they want to start over and fill in the early history (but, > knowing Trek's history of mis-continunity, early UFP history probably won't gell > with "present history".) > Hope not, Braga would wreck Trek continuity for ages to come. * Robinson (get rid of Braga and make Trek Trek again) -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Lisa wrote > "Pie" wrote > > Kim wrote > > > On our local news tonight they announced that Voyager will be > > cancelled at the > > > end of the next season, and will be replaced by a spinoff. Any ideas > > for this > > > spinoff? Somehow I think Seven will be involved. > > > > > > > Not cancelled, simply ending. Trek series have ended after seven years > > since TNG. It's something like going out at the peak rather than > > flogging a dead horse and getting dragged off for being smelly and > > rotten. > > > > I rather hope Seven is *not* involved. In fact I would like to see non > > of our Vyagers in the new series, except as recurring characters or > > guest stars. The new series, assuming that there is one, should be > > separate and it's own thing. It should not depend on anything else for > > popularity, besides it's not like depending on Voyager for some form of > > popularity could be described as a winning strategy. > > > > Personally I would like the new series to do several things; > > > > a) concentrate on the characters involved and their relationships(not > > necessarily romantic) with each other. > > b) explore issues, sometimes over more than one episode. > > c) use story arcs for characters and promote continuity. > > d)follow through on difficult story concepts instead of backing away > > with some treknobabble or PC claptrap. > > e) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > f) No transfers from Voyager or DS9. I like Worf, I really do, but he > > cannot move to another series, the same goes for other characters from > > Voyager and DS9. They are fin as cameo characters or even recurring > > characters, but *not* main characters. Lt Barclay, Troi and Geordie have > > all provided examples of the right way to do this. > > g) fire the enrite production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > h) return to the core values of Trek, that is the exploration of the > > human condition, loyalty and friendship. > > i) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > j) A ship called Enterprise > > k) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > l) concentrate on getting the stories and characters right, every time. > > No more slap-dash scripts and stories that haven't been thought out. > > m) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > n) build a skeleton story arc that other stories can be built on to. Yes > > I know this is rather B5 and DS9 like, but I really think that some > > continuing story line, not something big, but something that moves the > > characters along is good. > > o) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > p) let the characters develope! > > q) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > > > I think that's about it, oh yeah, one more thing, fire Brannon Bragga > > and the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh. > > > Pie, would you by any chance like them to fire the entire production staff > from Voyager and start afresh??????? You know, that might not be such a bad idea now I think about it....<grin> Hey, here's another idea, how about they take a 5 year hiatus to allow the dust to settle? > When do we get a new Pie BTW?? Sometime this week, assuming I can find the post with all the requests on it.

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen@hotmail.com>)

Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message: Wm2C4.2223$f67.70215@news3.cableinet.net... > Kim wrote > > On our local news tonight they announced that Voyager will be > cancelled at the > > end of the next season, and will be replaced by a spinoff. Any ideas > for this > > spinoff? Somehow I think Seven will be involved. > > > > Not cancelled, simply ending. Trek series have ended after seven years > since TNG. It's something like going out at the peak rather than > flogging a dead horse and getting dragged off for being smelly and > rotten. > > I rather hope Seven is *not* involved. In fact I would like to see non > of our Vyagers in the new series, except as recurring characters or > guest stars. The new series, assuming that there is one, should be > separate and it's own thing. It should not depend on anything else for > popularity, besides it's not like depending on Voyager for some form of > popularity could be described as a winning strategy. How true! > Personally I would like the new series to do several things; > > a) concentrate on the characters involved and their relationships(not > necessarily romantic) with each other. > b) explore issues, sometimes over more than one episode. > c) use story arcs for characters and promote continuity. > d)follow through on difficult story concepts instead of backing away > with some treknobabble or PC claptrap. > e) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh that's *the* most important thing, otherwise the new series will be just as big a failure as Voyager is right now... > f) No transfers from Voyager or DS9. I like Worf, I really do, but he > cannot move to another series, the same goes for other characters from > Voyager and DS9. They are fin as cameo characters or even recurring > characters, but *not* main characters. Lt Barclay, Troi and Geordie have > all provided examples of the right way to do this. > g) fire the enrite production staff from Voyager and start fresh > h) return to the core values of Trek, that is the exploration of the > human condition, loyalty and friendship. > i) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > j) A ship called Enterprise > k) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > l) concentrate on getting the stories and characters right, every time. > No more slap-dash scripts and stories that haven't been thought out. > m) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > n) build a skeleton story arc that other stories can be built on to. Yes > I know this is rather B5 and DS9 like, but I really think that some > continuing story line, not something big, but something that moves the > characters along is good. > o) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > p) let the characters develope! > q) fire the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh > > I think that's about it, oh yeah, one more thing, fire Brannon Bragga > and the entire production staff from Voyager and start fresh. better yet: fire them *at once* and get somebody else for next season... Julianna ------------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message: nP8C4.2582$f67.82709@news3.cableinet.net... > Lisa wrote > > When do we get a new Pie BTW?? > > Sometime this week, assuming I can find the post with all the requests > on it. > Banoffee Pie with chocolate sauce and whipped cream!!!!!!!!!!! Julianna ------------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (TheFlinx <theFlinxx@yahoo.com>)

Splinter wrote in message ... > Remember that most of this is speculation on my part Speculation? More like you have made the whole thing up. You sited no facts whatsoever, who are what is your source?

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

TheFlinx wrote: > > Splinter wrote in message ... > > > Remember that most of this is speculation on my part > > Speculation? More like you have made the whole thing up. You sited no facts > whatsoever, who are what is your source? I thought berman or braga already denied the academy rumor. I believe i read that in www.trektoday.com but I could have read it somewhere else. I read a lot of the star trek pages that does news on star trek. Michele

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (kimsmit@aol.com)

2000-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (koichi@fastlane.net)

kimsmit@aol.com (Kim ) wrote in <20000321231825.13619.00001250@ng-cp1.aol.com>: >On our local news tonight they announced that Voyager will be cancelled >at the end of the next season, and will be replaced by a spinoff. Any >ideas for this spinoff? Somehow I think Seven will be involved. Not cancelled. It will simply end. None of the 'modern' Trek series have run longer than seven years. I don't know if this is conscious design, or just some kind of ballpark figure they use to assure the beancounters... - Will

2000-03-23 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Laura Ware <laware@strato.net>)

Splinter <splinter@centurytel.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:us4ids4gt2bsnh83ihhsabpp4f85a9t5sa@4ax.com... > On 22 Mar 2000 04:18:25 GMT, kimsmit@aol.com (Kim ) wrote: > > >On our local news tonight they announced that Voyager will be cancelled at the > >end of the next season, and will be replaced by a spinoff. Any ideas for this > >spinoff? Somehow I think Seven will be involved. > > > > Here's the latest, as confirmed by Rick Berman: The new Trek Series > will take place, not in the "TNG" timeline, but, in the *Pre-Kirk* days of the > early UFP. > The exact dates haven't been determined to see if this happens just > before Kirk takes command of the Enterprise, if Chris Pike is in command (very > doubtful considering Spock was his science officer and no amount of "aging down" > will convince people that Nimoy can portray a younger Spock). > It could take place alongside Pike's days, but, on another ship with, > maybe, passing mentions of the Enterprise. > I would suspect, though, that this series will explore the formation of > the UFP and how it expands from three planets into the powerhouse it evolves > into in Picard's day. If so, this would take place between "First Contact" and > 2175, I would roughly guess. It might even cover the UFP-Romulan War that was > mentioned in TOS and TNG. > Remember that most of this is speculation on my part :) If we're lucky, > we might see the ancestors of TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager characters. > Basically, they want to start over and fill in the early history (but, > knowing Trek's history of mis-continunity, early UFP history probably won't gell > with "present history".) Arrgh...given the way TPTB tosses continuity to the winds when it suits them, I have a bad feeling about this. I'm not sure if a "prequel" series is where I want the Trek universe to go - Trek has always looked ahead, not back.

2000-03-23 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Laura Ware <laware@strato.net>)

Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:nP8C4.2582$f67.82709@news3.cableinet.net... > > When do we get a new Pie BTW?? > > Sometime this week, assuming I can find the post with all the requests > on it. Just in case you can't - FRENCH SILK!! ;-)

2000-03-23 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

"David B." wrote: > > Michael Robinson wrote: > > > > Pie wrote: > > > Hey, here's another idea, how about they take a 5 year hiatus to allow > > > the dust to settle? > > > > Too bad Paramount is too busy milking the cash cow to actually give it a > > rest. > > Hollywood is a business. As long as Trek is making money why should they > stop making it? That's why they make tv shows. They don't make them for > any altruistic reasons. And it's the only reason why. Anyone who > proposed the idea of giving it a rest would get fired and it would still > happen. They'll give Trek a rest when it stops making money. That's the > only thing that will make that happen. And that is a sad thing because by not getting some fresh people with fresh ideas, Star Trek will die an amazingly horrible death. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-03-23 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (EvilBill <SPAM-SUCKS@I-RULE-THE-UNIVERSE.com>)

"TehTigre" <TehTigre@nospam.net> wrote in message news:f9hC4.2686 > > Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message > > > > > When do we get a new Pie BTW?? > > > > Sometime this week, assuming I can find the post with all the requests > > on it. > > > *WHISPERS SEDUCTIVELY INTO PIE'S EAR - chocolate chess, chocolate chess, > chocolate chess ........* I know I am cheating here - but HEY? What can I > say? *giggle* > Mic, that's not fair - I mean, how could he resist? -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill@nutter.swinternet.co.uk. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-03-28 00:00:00 - Re: Official Announcement...Voyager being cancelled - (BTS <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net>)

Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in article > "David B." wrote: > > Michael Robinson wrote: > > > Pie wrote: > > > > Hey, here's another idea, how about they take a 5 year hiatus to allow > > > > the dust to settle? > > > Too bad Paramount is too busy milking the cash cow to actually give it a > > > rest. > > Hollywood is a business. As long as Trek is making money why should they > > stop making it? That's why they make tv shows. They don't make them for > > any altruistic reasons. And it's the only reason why. Anyone who > > proposed the idea of giving it a rest would get fired and it would still > > happen. They'll give Trek a rest when it stops making money. That's the > > only thing that will make that happen. Unless it could be realistically and reasonably asserted by one of the Paramount goons..err..gurus that a short hiatus from production will increase profits over the long run. Keeping a short supply increases demand. > And that is a sad thing because by not getting some fresh people with > fresh ideas, Star Trek will die an amazingly horrible death. As with a particular character from the "Princess Bride", I suspect that Star Trek will never be more than 'mostly dead'. Even if the next series is a complete failure (though I doubt it will be financially) and is cancelled prematurely, Star Trek will likely be revived down the road when the people who own think it will make money again. > * Robinson