FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-02 00:00:00 - Re: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy - (Stembolt <Stembolt@austin.rr.combadge>)

"Rebecca" <rebecca@deepspace-9.co.uk> wrote in message news:3WGP4.5133$Px3.142548@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com... > Spoiler space just in case you haven't seen it > > S > P > O > I > L > E > R > > S > P > A > C > E > > S > P > O > I > L > E > R > > S > P > A > C > E > > S > P > O > I > L > E > R > > S > P > A > C > E > > Other scenes I particularly enjoyed were the briefing room scene and the > opening scene with the Doc singing. BTW anyone know if that was really Bob > Picardo singing? Yes it was him. > My main criticism of the episode was that I felt it was sometimes not clear > whether a scene was real or the Doc day dreaming. That was one of the things that I liked about the ep. I guess I like to be fooled--or figure out a misdirection before it is revealed (or at least say I figured it out.) : P -- Stembolt "We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me." -- Jack Handey

2000-05-02 00:00:00 - Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy - (Rebecca <rebecca@deepspace-9.co.uk>)

Spoiler space just in case you haven't seen it S P O I L E R S P A C E S P O I L E R S P A C E S P O I L E R S P A C E Warning: This is my first attempt at reviewing anything This episode, in my opinion, is the best comedy episode of Voyager I've seen. I really liked some of the small touches like the doctor's uniform changing and pips appearing on his collar when the ECH was activated and the computer saying "warp core breach sooner than you think" and "last chance to be a hero". Other scenes I particularly enjoyed were the briefing room scene and the opening scene with the Doc singing. BTW anyone know if that was really Bob Picardo singing? My main criticism of the episode was that I felt it was sometimes not clear whether a scene was real or the Doc day dreaming. Overall I give this episode 8.5/10 Rebecca ~*~*~*~* Wenn ist das Nunst���ck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwald gersput!

2000-05-03 00:00:00 - Re: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy - (Rebecca <rebecca@deepspace-9.co.uk>)

Bozo the Evil Klown wrote in message <20000502231533.24295.00001238@ng-cd1.aol.com>... >Rebecca doth write thus: > >>Spoiler space just in case you haven't seen it >> >>S >>P >>O >>I >>L >>E >>R >> >>S >>P >>A >>C >>E >> >>S >>P >>O >>I >>L >>E >>R >> >>S >>P >>A >>C >>E >> >>S >>P >>O >>I >>L >>E >>R >> >>S >>P >>A >>C >>E >> >>Warning: This is my first attempt at reviewing anything > >Welcome aboard!! And a kewl review, BTW. Thanks :) > >>This episode, in my opinion, is the best comedy episode of Voyager I've >>seen. > >Best of BOTH the intentional comedies and the unintentional ones ("Favorite >Son," "Unforgiveable," "Demon," etc.). > >>I really liked some of the small touches like the doctor's uniform changing >>and pips appearing on his collar when the ECH was activated and the computer >>saying "warp core breach sooner than you think" and "last chance to be a >>hero". > >Also liked perpetual Ensign Harry Kim saying "This is my favorite part!" when >the rank pips appear. I'd forgotten about that bit. That was another of my favourite moments, along with the expressins during the briefing room scene. >>My main criticism of the episode was that I felt it was sometimes not clear >>whether a scene was real or the Doc day dreaming. > >That was intentional, to show the Doctor losing track of what was real and what >was Memorex...... > I hadn't thought about it as being intentional though it seems effective looking back on it. >>Overall I give this episode 8.5/10 >> >>Rebecca >>~*~*~*~* >>Wenn ist das Nunst���ck git und Slotermeyer? >>Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwald gersput! > >Ummm..... are you trying to kill someone here? <V, VEG> > I thought no-one would notice <eg> >He-Who-Hopes-They-Can-Hold-Down-The-Unintentional-Comedies > >***************************************** > >B'Elanna slowly began to suspect that the "OFF" button on the Holodeck panel >*wasn't* the Optical Frequency File, but the long-rumored, mythical "off" >switch. Rebecca ~*~*~*~* Wenn ist das Nunst���ck git und Slotermeyer? Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwald gersput!

2000-05-03 00:00:00 - Re: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

Rebecca doth write thus: >Spoiler space just in case you haven't seen it > >S >P >O >I >L >E >R > >S >P >A >C >E > >S >P >O >I >L >E >R > >S >P >A >C >E > >S >P >O >I >L >E >R > >S >P >A >C >E > >Warning: This is my first attempt at reviewing anything Welcome aboard!! And a kewl review, BTW. >This episode, in my opinion, is the best comedy episode of Voyager I've >seen. Best of BOTH the intentional comedies and the unintentional ones ("Favorite Son," "Unforgiveable," "Demon," etc.). >I really liked some of the small touches like the doctor's uniform changing >and pips appearing on his collar when the ECH was activated and the computer >saying "warp core breach sooner than you think" and "last chance to be a >hero". Also liked perpetual Ensign Harry Kim saying "This is my favorite part!" when the rank pips appear. >Other scenes I particularly enjoyed were the briefing room scene and the >opening scene with the Doc singing. BTW anyone know if that was really Bob >Picardo singing? > >My main criticism of the episode was that I felt it was sometimes not clear >whether a scene was real or the Doc day dreaming. That was intentional, to show the Doctor losing track of what was real and what was Memorex...... >Overall I give this episode 8.5/10 > >Rebecca >~*~*~*~* >Wenn ist das Nunst�ck git und Slotermeyer? >Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwald gersput! Ummm..... are you trying to kill someone here? <V, VEG> He-Who-Hopes-They-Can-Hold-Down-The-Unintentional-Comedies ***************************************** B'Elanna slowly began to suspect that the "OFF" button on the Holodeck panel *wasn't* the Optical Frequency File, but the long-rumored, mythical "off" switch.

2000-05-04 00:00:00 - Re: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy - (philliefan <PhillieFan_99@yahoo.com>)

Rebecca wrote: > Spoiler space just in case you haven't seen it > > S > P > O > I > L > E > R > > S > P > A > C > E > > S > P > O > I > L > E > R > > S > P > A > C > E > > S > P > O > I > L > E > R > > S > P > A > C > E > > Warning: This is my first attempt at reviewing anything > > This episode, in my opinion, is the best comedy episode of Voyager I've > seen. > > I really liked some of the small touches like the doctor's uniform changing > and pips appearing on his collar when the ECH was activated and the computer > saying "warp core breach sooner than you think" and "last chance to be a > hero". > > Other scenes I particularly enjoyed were the briefing room scene and the > opening scene with the Doc singing. BTW anyone know if that was really Bob > Picardo singing? > My favorite has to be the final act, where Doc was actually playing captain. "Tuvok, arm the photonic cannon!" > My main criticism of the episode was that I felt it was sometimes not clear > whether a scene was real or the Doc day dreaming. I liked the way they did that. It helped convey to the audience just how messed up the Doc was at that point. > Overall I give this episode 8.5/10 A+ for me. > Rebecca > ~*~*~*~* > Wenn ist das Nunst�ck git und Slotermeyer? > Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwald gersput! What's this mean? philliefan

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy - (philliefan <PhillieFan_99@yahoo.com>)

Rebecca wrote: > >> Wenn ist das Nunst�ck git und Slotermeyer? > >> Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwald gersput! > > > >What's this mean? > > > >philliefan > > > Its from the Monty Python sketch "The funniest joke in the world". I have > the script for the sketch - let me know if you'd like me to email it to you. OK. I'm curious enough to find out. E-mail is in the subject header. philliefan

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy - (Andrew Wilson <anwilson@indiana.edu>)

"Brian Barjenbruch" <brianb1@home.com> wrote in message news:050520000007240861%brianb1@home.com... > > > Wenn ist das Nunst���ck git und Slotermeyer? > > > Ja!...Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwald gersput! > > > > What's this mean? > > It's the funniest joke in the world (from an old Monty Python skit). don't you know how dangerous this is? What if i could read german? :) ADW

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy - (Rebecca <rebecca@deepspace-9.co.uk>)