FLM films - My Webpage

2000-04-07 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <38EE5E8F.6BC4@yahoo.com>, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >First of all, I have to say: stop whining. You're not the first guy to >have problems getting laid. Quit bitching to everyone about it. You and >Evil Bill need to get some hookers. Every man has to deal with hassles >in getting women so stop acting like you're someone special. From >puberty to impotence you will be scamming to get laid so you might as >well get used to it. > >Anyway, you wrote: > >> Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to my >> friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, >> especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. > > >Great, your dorkdom is memorialized for all to see. You should be really >proud. > Believe it or not, where I live, even though Star Trek is not exactly popular among the young crowd, they give me more respect when I am in uniform than they do when I'm not. > >> Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day being >> a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to >> pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's the >> really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past >> few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. > > >Is his "phaser" bigger than yours? > > >> He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because >> he's a jock. > > >Or possibly because he doesn't wear his Commander Clueless uniform to >school. Which do you think? > That you're an idiot (rereads post) oh. that wasn't one of the choices. > >> I found out they're together when I saw them >> kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. > > >Yes, that's fairly indicative she's interested in him... > > RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-07 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: thesiskoisofbajor >Then, there's the >really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past >few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. >He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because >he's a jock. So then what should that tell you about her?? I found out they're together when I saw them >kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. How perfectly...ordinary of them. Listen, kid, you are a special person apart from the ordinariness that would take over the world. Be glad for that. Someday it will pay off. Hang in there.

2000-04-07 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <20000407180830.02102.00000225@ng-da1.aol.com>, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >>From: thesiskoisofbajor > >>Then, there's the >>really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past >>few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. >>He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because >>he's a jock. > >So then what should that tell you about her?? I know, I know. She's not worth it. > >I found out they're together when I saw them >>kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. > >How perfectly...ordinary of them. >Listen, kid, you are a special person apart from the ordinariness that would >take over the world. Be glad for that. Someday it will pay off. Hang in there. > > Thanks. RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-07 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Bill Crawford <koichi@fastlane.net>)

On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 22:19:54 GMT, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >First of all, I have to say: stop whining. You're not the first guy to >have problems getting laid. Quit bitching to everyone about it. You and >Evil Bill need to get some hookers. Every man has to deal with hassles >in getting women so stop acting like you're someone special. From >puberty to impotence you will be scamming to get laid so you might as >well get used to it. > >Anyway, you wrote: > >> Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to my >> friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, >> especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. > > >Great, your dorkdom is memorialized for all to see. You should be really >proud. > > >> Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day being >> a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to >> pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's the >> really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past >> few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. > > >Is his "phaser" bigger than yours? > > >> He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because >> he's a jock. > > >Or possibly because he doesn't wear his Commander Clueless uniform to >school. Which do you think? > > >> I found out they're together when I saw them >> kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. > > >Yes, that's fairly indicative she's interested in him... <hands Steve a fairly large cup of decaf> Now, now. No need to just rip into the Emissary, there. I'm fairly certain the Goddess wouldn't like it. ;P - Will, who believes we're all fscked inna head somehow <g>

2000-04-07 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <098e6b07.3a0574d0@usw-ex0102-084.remarq.com>, thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid> wrote: >In article <38EE5E8F.6BC4@yahoo.com>, Steve Christianson ><stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >>X-No-Archive: yes >> >> >> >>First of all, I have to say: stop whining. You're not the first >guy to >>have problems getting laid. Quit bitching to everyone about it. >You and >>Evil Bill need to get some hookers. Every man has to deal with >hassles >>in getting women so stop acting like you're someone special. >From >>puberty to impotence you will be scamming to get laid so you >might as >>well get used to it. >> >>Anyway, you wrote: >> >>> Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to >my >>> friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, >>> especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. >> >> >>Great, your dorkdom is memorialized for all to see. You should >be really >>proud. >> > >Believe it or not, where I live, even though Star Trek is not >exactly popular among the young crowd, they give me more respect >when I am in uniform than they do when I'm not. > > >> >>> Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day >being >>> a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to >>> pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's >the >>> really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the >past >>> few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. >> >> >>Is his "phaser" bigger than yours? >> >> >>> He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just >because >>> he's a jock. >> >> >>Or possibly because he doesn't wear his Commander Clueless >uniform to >>school. Which do you think? >> > >That you're an idiot (rereads post) oh. that wasn't one of the >choices. <-hmm...should probably have indicated I was kidding here. > > >> >>> I found out they're together when I saw them >>> kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. >> >> >>Yes, that's fairly indicative she's interested in him... >> >> > > >RH > >"The Sisko is of Bajor" > -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine >* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * >The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free! > > RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-07 00:00:00 - OT: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to my friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day being a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's the really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because he's a jock. I found out they're together when I saw them kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (A Mohap <NOSPAMamol_moh@hotmail.com>)

> >>From: thesiskoisofbajor > > > >>Then, there's the > >>really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the > past > >>few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. > >>He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just > because > >>he's a jock. > > > >So then what should that tell you about her?? > > I know, I know. She's not worth it. Hate to be blunt but she probably is worth it. All the one's that are "worth it" are butt-ugly. The harder you work, the more probable it is to getting hotter chicks. Wit this kind of attitude you'll never get laid in college. > > > > >I found out they're together when I saw them > >>kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. > > > >How perfectly...ordinary of them. > >Listen, kid, you are a special person apart from the > ordinariness that would > >take over the world. Be glad for that. Someday it will pay off. > Hang in there. > > > > > > Thanks. > > > RH > > "The Sisko is of Bajor" > -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * > The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free! >

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <8cnsa3$lea$13@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, "Pie" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote: >What is this a scene from Revenge of the nerds or something? Puh-lease! > >a) start wearing regular clothes. I do. I only wore the uniform for my senior pic. >b) stop worrying about this girl. I'm working on it. The first thing I'm going to do Monday is discontinue my association with her. I think that is the best thing for me to do right now. >c) get real, how can you be a "rival" to someone who isn't even in the >chase. If you want to be a rival you have to join in, standing on the >sidelines in a Trek outfit is not joining in. I have not worn my "Trek outfit" in months. And I have been joining in quite a bit over the past month. >d) whatever your day was, it was no "shit-storm of all time" Perhaps. But I tend to take everything way too seriously (at least, that's what I have been told) >e) All girls do not drool over "jocks" (this really does sound like the >revenge of the nerds), but so what if this or that girl does, get on >with your life, be satisfied with who you are. Be happy in yourself, and >then when you have all that figured out decide what it is you are >looking for and go find it. If all you are looking for is big breasts >and a loose attitude towards sex, I suggest money, toples bars or >hookers, if you are interested in something more genuine, then I'd >suggest that you stop worrying about the looks and instead worry about >the person. If the person inside is more interested in the looks of a >man, then she isn't what you are looking for. I have never seen Revenge of the Nerds. >f) Life is not like Saved By the Bell, don't expect it to be, and please >don't take Screech as your role model. I hate Saved By the Bell (especially Screech). RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <76LH4.74967$17.1596110@news4.giganews.com>, "Aardvark" <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com> wrote: >thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > >> Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to my >> friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, >> especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. > >Oh my... I've been away too long. We have to start over. > >I thought you said you weren't going to do the dress-up bit any more? As I replied to another, aside from for my senior picture I have not worn my uniform in a long time. > >> Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day being >> a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to >> pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's the >> really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past >> few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. > >> He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because >> he's a jock. > >Is it possible he's a jock AND a nice guy? No? Ok... I'll take your word for >it. In my experiences, he's been an arrogant jerk. >> I found out they're together when I saw them kissing in the parking lot at >> the end of the day. > >Hell, that doesn't mean anything... They were lip to lip, possible tounge interaction but I couldn't tell. > >Listen son... you're years ahead of other people your own age. Save the >sensitivity crap for when you're married and *really* need it. > >In the meantime I think you just need to find someone in the same boat as >you and get some experience. (Avoid the prom queens right now). No >strings... no committments... nobody gets hurt... just sow a few oats. > I know. It's just that, all my life I've been raised to be basicaly like Billy (pre-brain tumor) on Ally McBeal, for lack of a better example. RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <20000409002446.27865.00000515@ng-fa1.aol.com>, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >>From: thesiskoisofbajor > >>>a) start wearing regular clothes. >> >>I do. I only wore the uniform for my senior pic. > >I think that is really cool of you. In 20 years when you look at the album, >you'll be really happy that you did that, that you had the *nerve* to do that. >You'll have proof that you didn't succumb to the pressure to look and act like >everyone else just to be accepted. Acceptance is irrelevant. If anyone should succumb, they should succumb to me. It's actually very interesting in my world... ;-) > >>The first thing I'm going to do Monday is >>discontinue my association with her. I think that is the best >>thing for me to do right now. > >The moment you start ignoring her, her ego will not like it and she'll probably >seek you out, looking for the longing in your eyes. Be friendly, but don't act >like you're hurt or betrayed or jealous or *anything* like that!! I (on some level) hope you are right. > >>I have not worn my "Trek outfit" in months. > >It's UNIFORM, people! Right on. > >> I tend to take everything way too seriously (at >>least, that's what I have been told) > >OK, so try not to as much as you can. Nothing is serious when you really think >about it...seriously. Nothing. > What about death? (thinks about it) Reincarnation. Okay...I'll think of one... RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote in message news:38EFFF4F.25E352A3@collegetoday.com... > Thanks. I try to be inventive and creative when I can. :-) Which, Thankfully is rarely...

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Wavemaker <wavemaker@my-deja.com>)

"Pie" wrote: > > If all you are looking for is big breasts > and a loose attitude towards sex, I suggest money, toples bars or > hookers, Yay!!!

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (TehTigre <TehTigre@nospam.net>)

Wavemaker <wavemaker@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8cobuc010m6@news2.newsguy.com... > > "Pie" wrote: > > > > If all you are looking for is big breasts > > and a loose attitude towards sex, I suggest money, toples bars or > > hookers, > > Yay!!! *whap! <g>* >

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

thesiskoisofbajor wrote > Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to my > friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, > especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. > Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day being > a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to > pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's the > really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past > few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. > He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because > he's a jock. I found out they're together when I saw them > kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. What is this a scene from Revenge of the nerds or something? Puh-lease! a) start wearing regular clothes. b) stop worrying about this girl. c) get real, how can you be a "rival" to someone who isn't even in the chase. If you want to be a rival you have to join in, standing on the sidelines in a Trek outfit is not joining in. d) whatever your day was, it was no "shit-storm of all time" e) All girls do not drool over "jocks" (this really does sound like the revenge of the nerds), but so what if this or that girl does, get on with your life, be satisfied with who you are. Be happy in yourself, and then when you have all that figured out decide what it is you are looking for and go find it. If all you are looking for is big breasts and a loose attitude towards sex, I suggest money, toples bars or hookers, if you are interested in something more genuine, then I'd suggest that you stop worrying about the looks and instead worry about the person. If the person inside is more interested in the looks of a man, then she isn't what you are looking for. f) Life is not like Saved By the Bell, don't expect it to be, and please don't take Screech as your role model.

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Aardvark <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com>)

thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to my > friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, > especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. Oh my... I've been away too long. We have to start over. I thought you said you weren't going to do the dress-up bit any more? > Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day being > a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to > pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's the > really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past > few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. > He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because > he's a jock. Is it possible he's a jock AND a nice guy? No? Ok... I'll take your word for it. > I found out they're together when I saw them kissing in the parking lot at > the end of the day. Hell, that doesn't mean anything... Listen son... you're years ahead of other people your own age. Save the sensitivity crap for when you're married and *really* need it. In the meantime I think you just need to find someone in the same boat as you and get some experience. (Avoid the prom queens right now). No strings... no committments... nobody gets hurt... just sow a few oats.

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Steve Christianson wrote: > X-No-Archive: yes > > <snipped just so I won't laugh again> Steve ... has anyone mistaken you for someone with opinions? <eg>

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Aardvark <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com>)

thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > >I thought you said you weren't going to do the dress-up bit any > more? > > As I replied to another, aside from for my senior picture I have > not worn my uniform in a long time. Well, wearing it once is one thing... but wearing it for your senior picture only to have it burned in the yearbook is another. Just remember... your kids will find that book one day... and *every* time you chew their ass for doing something stupid they're gonna' wave it in yer face. :) > >Is it possible he's a jock AND a nice guy? No? Ok... I'll take > >your word for it. > In my experiences, he's been an arrogant jerk. In 25 years he'll be fat, balding and have hemorroids. > >Hell, that doesn't mean anything... > > They were lip to lip, possible tounge interaction but I couldn't > tell. Still doesn't mean anything. She's probably not looking for anything serious... just some *safe* fun as you should be doing. > I know. It's just that, all my life I've been raised to be > basicaly like Billy (pre-brain tumor) on Ally McBeal, for lack > of a better example. Find a *nice* fun-loving girl with a good head on her shoulders. (Read: 'plain' nice girl) You have sense enough to know that superficial things like a well-stacked babe in tight slacks and a low-cut blouse never leads to happiness. It doesn't matter how *short* those shorts are or how shear that T-shirt is. AND forget about how she'd look washing her car in that T-shirt... soaping up those hard to reach spots... bending over to detail the tires... You buyin' any of this?

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <Bm5I4.8414$Kc.171868@nnrp3.clara.net>, "EvilBill [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >"Pie" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message >> >> Well, you have to admit that complaining about a "jock" stealing away a >> girl does sound a little like one of their story lines and pretty much >> what happens to Screech all the time. >> > >Unfortunately it seems to be all too common... why do so many women have >such execrably BAD TASTE??? > >(EB, trying NOT to point out the obvious about Jeri Ryan's current >relationship <eg>) > <drum symbols in background> RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)

On 09 Apr 2000 04:24:46 GMT, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: |OK, so try not to as much as you can. Nothing is serious when you really think |about it...seriously. Nothing. Masked Man---->Variation on a theme - Dont sweat the small stuff It's all small stuff. _ Have Gun Will Travel Wire Paladin San Franciscoo

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <38F02DFF.6E0@yahoo.com>, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >thesiskoisofbajor wrote: >> >> In article <20000409002446.27865.00000515@ng-fa1.aol.com>, >> shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >> >>From: thesiskoisofbajor >> > >> >>>a) start wearing regular clothes. >> >> >> >>I do. I only wore the uniform for my senior pic. >> > >> >I think that is really cool of you. In 20 years when you look >> at the album, >> >you'll be really happy that you did that, that you had the >> *nerve* to do that. >> >You'll have proof that you didn't succumb to the pressure to >> look and act like >> >everyone else just to be accepted. >> >> Acceptance is irrelevant. If anyone should succumb, they should >> succumb to me. It's actually very interesting in my world... ;-) > > >Which is where you may remain if you don't make some decisions. Your >choice. > > >> >>The first thing I'm going to do Monday is >> >>discontinue my association with her. I think that is the best >> >>thing for me to do right now. >> > >> >The moment you start ignoring her, her ego will not like it and >> she'll probably >> >seek you out, looking for the longing in your eyes. Be >> friendly, but don't act >> >like you're hurt or betrayed or jealous or *anything* like >> that!! >> >> I (on some level) hope you are right. > > >I'm sorry, but I must disagree with lovely Shammie on this. >This girl is not going to seek you out if you ignore her. She'll simply >end up with some other guy. She's (1) a teenager, and (2) a woman. The >guy who successfully courts her (probably NOT wearing a DS9 uniform) >won't accomplish that by ignoring her. He'll accomplish it by doing what >is the predicate for all men in romance: doing whatever it takes without >asking questions as to fairness. > > >> >>I have not worn my "Trek outfit" in months. >> > >> >It's UNIFORM, people! >> >> Right on. > > >Well, you graduate in what, two months? Actually it's less than a month and a half away (May 21). Go ahead and wear it I guess, it >doesn't really matter at this point...unless you want to nab this girl. > > >> >> I tend to take everything way too seriously (at >> >>least, that's what I have been told) >> > >> >OK, so try not to as much as you can. Nothing is serious when >> you really think >> >about it...seriously. Nothing. >> > >> >> What about death? (thinks about it) Reincarnation. Okay...I'll >> think of one... > > >"Seriousness is irrelevant." Resistance is futile. > >Look. Life is a steamroller: you can get in its way and be run over, >step out of the way and play it safe...or jump on it and enjoy the ride. >The choice is up to you. We are all born and we will all die. If you >don't start filling in some of the blanks in between you'll regret it. > For the past eight years I've been doing a combination of the first two. Over the past month I've beendoing more of the third one. However I still have a long way to go. RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <8cplq3$b5$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>, "Pie" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote: >thesiskoisofbajor wrote >> In article <8cnsa3$lea$13@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, "Pie" >> <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote: > >Offering advice from the less bad tempered "Sunday Morning at the >computer" position.... > >> >b) stop worrying about this girl. >> >> I'm working on it. The first thing I'm going to do Monday is >> discontinue my association with her. I think that is the best >> thing for me to do right now. > >Well, if your "association" with her is more then friendship, then I >agree, if not, re-examine what it is that you have, if it truly is >friendship, then stick with it. Friends are one of the rarest >commodities in life, treasure them. Looking back, I'm not sure my friendship with her was ever real. Her reactions seem to suggest more that she was just trying to be nice to spare my feelings. > >> I have not worn my "Trek outfit" in months. And I have been >> joining in quite a bit over the past month. > >Well done. > >> >d) whatever your day was, it was no "shit-storm of all time" >> >> Perhaps. But I tend to take everything way too seriously (at >> least, that's what I have been told) > >Read the following book, "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff...." by Richard >Carlson, ISBN 0-340-70801-8 - well that's the UK edition anyway, but, >it's a good book to help you put things into perspective. > >> I have never seen Revenge of the Nerds. > >Sorry, I was being silly. > >To be honest my advice is probably not what you want to hear, but here >it is anyway; > >You are young, you are not yet the adult you will become, you are not >the person you will be in 5 years, far from it. Accept that you will >change a lot in the next 5 years, and probably less in the five after >that, and less still in the 5 after that. Look to yourself, and work out >what it is that you want in life, work out who you are, and who you want >to be. > >Once you do that, embrace that knowledge, and be confident with it. >After that, it's very simple, look for what really matters to you in a >potential partner, and then go find those things. Do not consider the >"competition", they are irrelevent to you. Let them worry about you and >be confident about yourself. > >One last thing, live in the now, not the never, in other words, life is >a series of opportunities, grab them, with both hands, do not worry >later on about what might have been, concern yourself with what might >be. Perhaps. > >> I hate Saved By the Bell (especially Screech). > >LOL! > >Well, you have to admit that complaining about a "jock" stealing away a >girl does sound a little like one of their story lines and pretty much >what happens to Screech all the time. > > Again, perhaps. RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Ta'Teria wroteded: > Zabana Brandon wrote: > > Thanks. I try to be inventive and creative when I can. :-) > > Which, Thankfully is rarely... Yes, it is thankful that it's very rare that I have to try. Unlike some people (like Ta), it comes naturally to me. <g>

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > >From: thesiskoisofbajor > > > I tend to take everything way too seriously (at > >least, that's what I have been told) > > OK, so try not to as much as you can. Nothing is serious when you really think > about it...seriously. Nothing. > I disagree... there are plenty of things that should be taken seriously... love is one of them... -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

"Pie" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message > > Well, you have to admit that complaining about a "jock" stealing away a > girl does sound a little like one of their story lines and pretty much > what happens to Screech all the time. > Unfortunately it seems to be all too common... why do so many women have such execrably BAD TASTE??? (EB, trying NOT to point out the obvious about Jeri Ryan's current relationship <eg>) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

thesiskoisofbajor wrote > In article <8cnsa3$lea$13@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, "Pie" > <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote: Offering advice from the less bad tempered "Sunday Morning at the computer" position.... > >b) stop worrying about this girl. > > I'm working on it. The first thing I'm going to do Monday is > discontinue my association with her. I think that is the best > thing for me to do right now. Well, if your "association" with her is more then friendship, then I agree, if not, re-examine what it is that you have, if it truly is friendship, then stick with it. Friends are one of the rarest commodities in life, treasure them. > I have not worn my "Trek outfit" in months. And I have been > joining in quite a bit over the past month. Well done. > >d) whatever your day was, it was no "shit-storm of all time" > > Perhaps. But I tend to take everything way too seriously (at > least, that's what I have been told) Read the following book, "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff...." by Richard Carlson, ISBN 0-340-70801-8 - well that's the UK edition anyway, but, it's a good book to help you put things into perspective. > I have never seen Revenge of the Nerds. Sorry, I was being silly. To be honest my advice is probably not what you want to hear, but here it is anyway; You are young, you are not yet the adult you will become, you are not the person you will be in 5 years, far from it. Accept that you will change a lot in the next 5 years, and probably less in the five after that, and less still in the 5 after that. Look to yourself, and work out what it is that you want in life, work out who you are, and who you want to be. Once you do that, embrace that knowledge, and be confident with it. After that, it's very simple, look for what really matters to you in a potential partner, and then go find those things. Do not consider the "competition", they are irrelevent to you. Let them worry about you and be confident about yourself. One last thing, live in the now, not the never, in other words, life is a series of opportunities, grab them, with both hands, do not worry later on about what might have been, concern yourself with what might be. > I hate Saved By the Bell (especially Screech). LOL! Well, you have to admit that complaining about a "jock" stealing away a girl does sound a little like one of their story lines and pretty much what happens to Screech all the time.

"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid> wrote in message > Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to my > friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, > especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. > Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day being > a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to > pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's the > really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past > few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. > He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because > he's a jock. I found out they're together when I saw them > kissing in the parking lot at the end of the day. > Now THAT really SUCKS. Almost the exact same thing happened to me once... I might reveal details if anyone wants to be depressed... -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Steve Christianson wroteded: > X-No-Archie: Veronica!! > > thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > > > > >That you're an idiot (rereads post) oh. that wasn't one of the > > >choices. <-hmm...should probably have indicated I was kidding > > here. > > No problem, and since my post came across as a flame, it was deserved. > However, I am trying to make a point which I'm afraid you and Bill often > don't get. Steve ... don't beat around the bush!!! Unless it's Seven's ... <eg> > > > Romance isn't fair. I had issues in high school too. I've gone from 17 > to 37 ... Well ... that certainly explains a lot. You seemed to have missed ages 18-36! <beg>

2000-04-09 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message > X-No-Archive: yes > > thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > > > > >That you're an idiot (rereads post) oh. that wasn't one of the > > >choices. <-hmm...should probably have indicated I was kidding > > here. > > No problem, and since my post came across as a flame, it was deserved. > However, I am trying to make a point which I'm afraid you and Bill often > don't get. > > Romance isn't fair. I had issues in high school too. I've gone from 17 > to 37 and those issues didn't get resolved, they simply became > irrelevant. Yours will be the same way because life is indifferent to > you and your situation: make the best of what you have, deal with the > social reality around you as it is rather than how you want it to be, > but above all GO FOR IT when it comes to romance. That is, finally, what > I learned. I can't really make the best of what I have, because I don't have much <g> -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats was Re: Next week will suck ass - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re:I rather not kiss ta's ass Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats was Re: Next week will suck ass - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Michele is being a pillock (was Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily was Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks))))) - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - :-P~~~~ was( Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: :-P~~~~ was( Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: :-P~~~~ was( Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

[...]

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

Steve Christianson wrote: (Sorry, major snipping) Yours will be the same way because life is indifferent to >you and your situation: Steve, have you ever read any of the poetry of Stephen Crane? * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

(Shammie) wrote: >> >>It snowed here too, early in the AM! Weird. Just a few days ago it hit >>80 or so. > >On Saturday I went hiking in jeans and a T-shirt! On Sunday I was wearing my >down jacket with the hood up, a scarf, boots, and gloves! > > Winter sucks. Snow sucks. The weather in New England bites the big one. Did I leave anything out? * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Mirror Spock <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Aardvark wrote: > > Steve wrote: > > > > > >Is it possible he's a jock AND a nice guy? No? Ok... I'll take > > > > >your word for it. > > > > > > > In my experiences, he's been an arrogant jerk. > > > > > > In 25 years he'll be fat, balding and have hemorroids. > > > > > > Or running for President like George W. Bush, the king of arrogant jerk > > ex-jocks. <g> > > You know Steve... even as a die-hard Republican I must say *that* guy really > scares me. I find myself actually wanting the guy to stumble before it's too > late. Not to say Gore's my first choice... but geez. I would have been happy to see McCain as the GOP candidate. I'd've voted for him. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Aardvark" <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message > thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > > > In my experiences, he's been an arrogant jerk. > > In 25 years he'll be fat, balding and have hemorroids. > That applies to most of us... except those who are *already* fat, balding and have hemorroids... <g> -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message > X-No-Archive: yes > > Of course not. There are no guarantees of success. But if you're not > willing to suit up and step to the plate, you'll never get a chance to > swing at the ball. RH and EB are still in the dugout. > Eh??? -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Yesterday will Blow Suckily was Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks) - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Hee HEe...

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Last Week blew goats was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily was Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks)) - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38F28AB4.458E@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Ta'Teria wrote: > > > > Hee HEe... > > > <g> <eg>

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <0896152b.8dd06a86@usw-ex0104-033.remarq.com>, Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid> wrote: >Ouch! Sounds like a bad day, indeed. I sometimes forget how >sucky being a teenager can be. > >I am sufficiently aged that I might want to be a bit younger, >BUT... > >I would rather be slowly dipped into a vat of my own vomit than >be a teenager again. I'd rather be tortured by Cardassians than be a teenager for another day. > >There must be kids who really enjoy their teenage years (I keep >seeing them in ads), If there are such teenagers I want to meet them (so I can kick their ass). but most of the people I know have some >very painful memories. > Sounds about right. RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

Ouch! Sounds like a bad day, indeed. I sometimes forget how sucky being a teenager can be. I am sufficiently aged that I might want to be a bit younger, BUT... I would rather be slowly dipped into a vat of my own vomit than be a teenager again. There must be kids who really enjoy their teenage years (I keep seeing them in ads), but most of the people I know have some very painful memories. * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily was Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks))) - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily was Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks)))) - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily was Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks)))) - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (fnheimer@my-deja.com)

True dat, here is a good one: http://www.effenheimer.com Funnier than a 12 hour "are you being served" marathon In article <38EE94FD.626FE30A@collegetoday.com>, zabana@collegetoday.com wrote: > > > Steve Christianson wrote: > > > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > <snipped just so I won't laugh again> > > Steve ... has anyone mistaken you for someone with opinions? <eg> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Aardvark <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com>)

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <bVbI4.31821$9g4.760089@news5.giganews.com>, "Aardvark" <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com> wrote: >thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > >> >I thought you said you weren't going to do the dress-up bit any >> more? >> >> As I replied to another, aside from for my senior picture I have >> not worn my uniform in a long time. > > >Well, wearing it once is one thing... but wearing it for your senior picture >only to have it burned in the yearbook is another. Just remember... your >kids will find that book one day... and *every* time you chew their ass for >doing something stupid they're gonna' wave it in yer face. :) > > >> >Is it possible he's a jock AND a nice guy? No? Ok... I'll take >> >your word for it. > >> In my experiences, he's been an arrogant jerk. > > > > >In 25 years he'll be fat, balding and have hemorroids. > > > > >> >Hell, that doesn't mean anything... >> >> They were lip to lip, possible tounge interaction but I couldn't >> tell. > > >Still doesn't mean anything. She's probably not looking for anything >serious... just some *safe* fun as you should be doing. > > >> I know. It's just that, all my life I've been raised to be >> basicaly like Billy (pre-brain tumor) on Ally McBeal, for lack >> of a better example. > > >Find a *nice* fun-loving girl with a good head on her shoulders. (Read: >'plain' nice girl) You have sense enough to know that superficial things >like a well-stacked babe in tight slacks and a low-cut blouse never leads to >happiness. It doesn't matter how *short* those shorts are or how shear that >T-shirt is. AND forget about how she'd look washing her car in that >T-shirt... soaping up those hard to reach spots... bending over to detail >the tires... > >You buyin' any of this? > Do you really want me to answer that? RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <eAqI4.9158$Kc.187350@nnrp3.clara.net>, "EvilBill [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message >> X-No-Archive: yes >> >> Of course not. There are no guarantees of success. But if you're not >> willing to suit up and step to the plate, you'll never get a chance to >> swing at the ball. RH and EB are still in the dugout. >> > >Eh??? > Don't you just love baseball metaphores? <eg> RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks) - (Aardvark <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com>)

Mirror Spock wrote: > > > Or running for President like George W. Bush, the king of arrogant jerk > > > ex-jocks. <g> > > > > You know Steve... even as a die-hard Republican I must say *that* guy really > > scares me. I find myself actually wanting the guy to stumble before it's too > > late. Not to say Gore's my first choice... but geez. > > I would have been happy to see McCain as the GOP candidate. I'd've > voted for him. Don't know if I'd have voted for him but I do wish he'd have lasted longer. I would have liked to hear him out a bit more. Ironic that the very thing he took to heart (campaign finance reform) defeated him. (i.e. His pockets weren't as deep as George W's).

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

Zabby said > > Steve Christianson wroteded: > > > X-No-Archie: Veronica!! > > > > thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > > > > > > >That you're an idiot (rereads post) oh. that wasn't one of the > > > >choices. <-hmm...should probably have indicated I was kidding > > > here. > > > > No problem, and since my post came across as a flame, it was deserved. > > However, I am trying to make a point which I'm afraid you and Bill often > > don't get. > > Steve ... don't beat around the bush!!! > > Unless it's Seven's ... <eg> Ewwwww! > > > > > > > Romance isn't fair. I had issues in high school too. I've gone from 17 > > to 37 ... > > Well ... that certainly explains a lot. You seemed to have > missed ages 18-36! <beg> > ROTFLMAO! >

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Mirror Spock <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Shammie wrote: > > >From: Steve Christianson > > >> >The moment you start ignoring her, her ego will not like it and > >> she'll probably > >> >seek you out, > > >I'm sorry, but I must disagree with lovely Shammie on this. > > And for that you must die. > *gets popcorn* How are you planning to do this Shammie? > >This girl is not going to seek you out if you ignore her. > > I should have gone into this in more depth. It's subtle. She will not seek him > out because she misses or wants *him* - her ego simply needs to see that he > wants *her* that's what I meant. > I've known folks like this. > She'll simply > >end up with some other guy. She's (1) a teenager, and (2) a woman. The > >guy who successfully courts her (probably NOT wearing a DS9 uniform) > >won't accomplish that by ignoring her. > He'll accomplish it by doing what > >is the predicate for all men in romance: doing whatever it takes without > >asking questions as to fairness. > > Oh come on, that doesn't in the least bit guarantee success. > What it boils down to is chemistry and timing. If those things aren't present > to begin with, no amount of "wooing" will have any kind of significant, > *lasting* effect. > I agree with Shammie on this one. The one thing I have learned is that what I want is totally unimportant if the woman is not interested and no amount of action is going to "nab" me a woman who is unwilling to be with me. > >> >It's UNIFORM, people! > >> > >> Right on. > > >Well, you graduate in what, two months? Go ahead and wear it I guess, it > >doesn't really matter at this point...unless you want to nab this girl. > > "Nab"???? > Steve, time to toss the porno collection. > But porn is a vital resource! > >"Seriousness is irrelevant." > > LOL, I like that!! > > > > >Look. Life is a steamroller: you can get in its way and be run over, > >step out of the way and play it safe...or jump on it and enjoy the ride. > >The choice is up to you. We are all born and we will all die. If you > >don't start filling in some of the blanks in between you'll regret it. > > These beliefs are all part of a big trance. > [runs out to hug a tree] > No, f*ck that noise, it's snowing. :-((( Don't ya just love April snow? I want it to be spring already. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-10 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: Steve Christianson >> And for that you must die. > > >Not until after the spanking first...surely not until after the spanking >first... Oh all RIGHT. >She will not seek him >> out because she misses or wants *him* - her ego simply needs to see that he >> wants *her* that's what I meant. > > >So then what good is that to RH? None whatsoever. I was actually warning him but I didn't word my post good enough. >> What it boils down to is chemistry and timing. If those things aren't >present >> to begin with, no amount of "wooing" will have any kind of significant, >> *lasting* effect. >Chemistry and timing are important, true. However, very few men are >lucky enough to have the girl they're attracted to instantly reciprocate >their feelings. It takes work. Dating can be a real chore. I'm sorry you feel that way :-| But the truth is that you are partly right. It can be really fun, it can also be a real drag. >> "Nab"???? >> Steve, time to toss the porno collection. >Hey, it was a better choice of words that "bang" or "f***"... I think the best choice of word is "worship." >> [runs out to hug a tree] >> No, f*ck that noise, it's snowing. :-((( > > >It snowed here too, early in the AM! Weird. Just a few days ago it hit >80 or so. On Saturday I went hiking in jeans and a T-shirt! On Sunday I was wearing my down jacket with the hood up, a scarf, boots, and gloves!

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

Masked Man) wrote: > >|Winter sucks. Snow sucks. The weather in New England bites the >|big one. Did I leave anything out? > >Masked Man---->Yeah, for those of us with allergies, winter is a >blessing.... > > Sorry MM, apologies to you amigo. This time of year must be bad for you. My wife enjoys gardening, but has allergies, so it's always a mixed bag for her when spring rolls around. She loves to see her flowers come up, but the tree pollen makes her miserable. Where do we have to go for warm weather without the allergies? Arizona? > > > > > > > >_ >Have Gun Will Travel >Wire Paladin >San Franciscoo > > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Today is a big pile of POO (was Re: Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks)) - (Aardvark <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com>)

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Mirror Spock <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Steve Christianson wrote: > > X-No-Archive: yes > > Shammie wrote: > > > > >She will not seek him > > >> out because she misses or wants *him* - her ego simply needs to see that he > > >> wants *her* that's what I meant. > > > > > > > > >So then what good is that to RH? > > > > None whatsoever. > > I was actually warning him but I didn't word my post good enough. > > NP. > > > > >> What it boils down to is chemistry and timing. If those things aren't > > >present > > >> to begin with, no amount of "wooing" will have any kind of significant, > > >> *lasting* effect. > > > > >Chemistry and timing are important, true. However, very few men are > > >lucky enough to have the girl they're attracted to instantly reciprocate > > >their feelings. It takes work. Dating can be a real chore. > > > > I'm sorry you feel that way :-| > > But the truth is that you are partly right. It can be really fun, it can also > > be a real drag. > > It can be fun when it's not really a pursuit at romance, like when you > and I get together. But for a male, the pursuit of romance via dating > can be a real pain. It's up to the male to take the initiative, keep the > ball rolling and keep the female interested and entertained, and > regardless of the outcome he has to pay for it all. Sometimes I think > prostitution is more honest: at least you get what you pay for. However, > realizing its many faults doesn't stop me from dating, because it's the > only game in town. I just gave up long ago thinking it would ever be a > fair or rational process. I hope RH and Evil Bill don't take as long as > I did to figure it out. > Hear, hear! Most of my relationships were initiated by the women and I like that much better. No wondering if you're bombing, no chance for the implicit dump, no trying to impress others, that whole shtick. Also, I spent a lot of time with these folks before they made their move as they were part of the groups I hung out with. I much prefer meeting folks like that as you can be you and if they like what they see, something will happen. I won't stop dating (when I can get dates, that is) because it truly is the only game in town. > I guess I come across as rather cynical here but I've always told the > unvarnished truth. :-) I don't believe in sugarcoating reality with "oh > you'll find that right someone one day" euphemisms which are basically > emotional and psychological Quaaludes. > > They aren't Quaalude like to me. When people start spouting those platitudes, I get angry because everything to that point shows the opposite. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Tomorrow Blows (Was: Today sucks) - (Mirror Spock <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Aardvark wrote: > > Mirror Spock wrote: > > > > > Or running for President like George W. Bush, the king of arrogant > jerk > > > > ex-jocks. <g> > > > > > > You know Steve... even as a die-hard Republican I must say *that* guy > really > > > scares me. I find myself actually wanting the guy to stumble before it's > too > > > late. Not to say Gore's my first choice... but geez. > > > > I would have been happy to see McCain as the GOP candidate. I'd've > > voted for him. > > Don't know if I'd have voted for him but I do wish he'd have lasted longer. > I would have liked to hear him out a bit more. > > Ironic that the very thing he took to heart (campaign finance reform) > defeated him. (i.e. His pockets weren't as deep as George W's). I wonder is Bush's part in the SNL scandal is going to cme up and haunt him. I hope so. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <0sAI4.9454$Kc.193970@nnrp3.clara.net>, "EvilBill [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid> wrote in >message >> >> I'd rather be tortured by Cardassians than be a teenager for >> another day. >> > >Agreed... I remember being a teenager... some of it was fun, a lot of it >wasn't. There are worse things than being tortured by Cardassians (or, >indeed, being assimilated by the Borg...) > <Tortured Picard Mode> THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS! </Tortured Picard Mode> RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: Steve Christianson >Dating can be a real chore. >> >It can be fun when it's not really a pursuit at romance, like when you >and I get together. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call that fun... I'd call it a blast! >But for a male, the pursuit of romance via dating >can be a real pain. It's up to the male to take the initiative, keep the >ball rolling and keep the female interested and entertained, and >regardless of the outcome he has to pay for it all. Proof right there that men *should* get higher salaries than women. Hey, guess what, they do! And that's the reason. It's built into our system. So from now on I propose that women stop bitching about men's higher salaries and men stop bitching about what they're supposed to do with it. Sometimes I think >prostitution is more honest: at least you get what you pay for. Although why anyone would actually pay for HIV is beyond me!! However, >realizing its many faults doesn't stop me from dating, because it's the >only game in town. I just gave up long ago thinking it would ever be a >fair or rational process. I hope RH and Evil Bill don't take as long as >I did to figure it out. Good advice. >I guess I come across as rather cynical here but I've always told the >unvarnished truth. :-) I don't believe in sugarcoating reality with "oh >you'll find that right someone one day" Photon torpedoes away, I'm with you on this on!!! euphemisms which are basically >emotional and psychological Quaaludes. >> On Saturday I went hiking in jeans and a T-shirt! On Sunday I was wearing >my >> down jacket with the hood up, a scarf, boots, and gloves! > > >Boots? :::drool::: What kind of boots? <g> Fur-lined thigh high snow boots!

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: :-P~~~~ was( Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:08:22 -0500, "Ta'Teria" <tateria@yahoo.com> wrote: > >Michele <belanna@uswest.net> wrote in message >news:38F296B8.AFCEEF16@uswest.net... >> >> > > >> > > Go kiss steve's ass. >> > >> > No! You! >> >> ewwwwwwwwww, I rather kiss tuvok's > >Sorry, Julianna's got that covered(Hi Jules!).... > LOL! *Somebody* else has to take care of him - and since apparently nobody else wants him... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:11:36 -0700, Michele <belanna@uswest.net> wrote: > > >Ta'Teria wrote: >> >> > ewwwwwwwwww, I rather kiss tuvok's >> >> Sorry, Julianna's got that covered(Hi Jules!).... >should have said chuckles Eek! How could you????? Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: :-P~~~~ was( Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:14:07 -0700, Michele <belanna@uswest.net> wrote: > > >Ta'Teria wrote: >> No, thats what we have Tommy Boy for... > > >Throws the whole ds9 space station with people at ta. I'd *love * to see how you do *that*! :-) Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Mirror Spock <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Shammie wrote: > > >From: Steve Christianson > > >Dating can be a real chore. > >> > > >It can be fun when it's not really a pursuit at romance, like when you > >and I get together. > > I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call that fun... > I'd call it a blast! > > >But for a male, the pursuit of romance via dating > >can be a real pain. It's up to the male to take the initiative, keep the > >ball rolling and keep the female interested and entertained, and > >regardless of the outcome he has to pay for it all. > > Proof right there that men *should* get higher salaries than women. Hey, guess > what, they do! And that's the reason. It's built into our system. So from now > on I propose that women stop bitching about men's higher salaries and men stop > bitching about what they're supposed to do with it. > > Sometimes I think > >prostitution is more honest: at least you get what you pay for. > > Although why anyone would actually pay for HIV is beyond me!! > > However, > >realizing its many faults doesn't stop me from dating, because it's the > >only game in town. I just gave up long ago thinking it would ever be a > >fair or rational process. I hope RH and Evil Bill don't take as long as > >I did to figure it out. > > Good advice. > > >I guess I come across as rather cynical here but I've always told the > >unvarnished truth. :-) I don't believe in sugarcoating reality with "oh > >you'll find that right someone one day" > > Photon torpedoes away, I'm with you on this on!!! > > euphemisms which are basically > >emotional and psychological Quaaludes. > > >> On Saturday I went hiking in jeans and a T-shirt! On Sunday I was wearing > >my > >> down jacket with the hood up, a scarf, boots, and gloves! > > > > > >Boots? :::drool::: What kind of boots? <g> > > Fur-lined thigh high snow boots! *thud*thud*thud* * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats (was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily)))))))) - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

Steve Christianson > wrote: >> >> (Sorry, major snipping) >> >> Yours will be the same way because life is indifferent to >> >you and your situation: >> >> Steve, have you ever read any of the poetry of Stephen Crane? > > >Nope, why? > > Normally, I am not a big poetry fan, but your comment reminded me of the poetry of Stephen Crane. My memeory is that his stuff is fairly dark and cynical. I haven't read this particular poem in over 30 years, but I remembered it, and dug it out of one of my wife's books: A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "The fact has not created in me A sense of obligation." * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Za can Kiss my toe was( Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: :-P~~~~ was( Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4f67fs4vi849sf1oa5uq3akvsjjebb29i0@4ax.com... > On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:11:36 -0700, Michele <belanna@uswest.net> > wrote: > > > > > > >Ta'Teria wrote: > >> > > > >> > ewwwwwwwwww, I rather kiss tuvok's > >> > >> Sorry, Julianna's got that covered(Hi Jules!).... > >should have said chuckles > > > Eek! How could you????? I was shocked and appaled as well.

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: :-P~~~~ was( Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ih87fscp5hmj1l9nfmc1qs4mg9ogkc12l2@4ax.com... > On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:14:07 -0700, Michele <belanna@uswest.net> > wrote: > > > > > > >Ta'Teria wrote: > > > >> No, thats what we have Tommy Boy for... > > > > > >Throws the whole ds9 space station with people at ta. > > I'd *love * to see how you do *that*! :-) with her hands?

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Masked Man" <kemosabe@skyenet.net> wrote in message > On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:41:23 -0700, Alucard > <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid> wrote: > > |Winter sucks. Snow sucks. The weather in New England bites the > |big one. Did I leave anything out? > > Masked Man---->Yeah, for those of us with allergies, winter is a > blessing.... > Agreed... hayfever season is just starting here... time for me to say hello to six months of utter misery... -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:41:23 -0700, Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid> wrote: |Winter sucks. Snow sucks. The weather in New England bites the |big one. Did I leave anything out? Masked Man---->Yeah, for those of us with allergies, winter is a blessing.... _ Have Gun Will Travel Wire Paladin San Franciscoo

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: :-P~~~~ was( Re: Oh come on you know you wannawas:( Michele can kiss my ... was ( Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats (was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily))))))) - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid> wrote in message > > I'd rather be tortured by Cardassians than be a teenager for > another day. > Agreed... I remember being a teenager... some of it was fun, a lot of it wasn't. There are worse things than being tortured by Cardassians (or, indeed, being assimilated by the Borg...) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid> wrote in message > In article <eAqI4.9158$Kc.187350@nnrp3.clara.net>, "EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: > > > >Eh??? > > > > Don't you just love baseball metaphores? <eg> > Damned Americans. <g> -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-11 00:00:00 - Re: Michele is being a pillock (was Re: this thread sucks,way too long. 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily was Tomor - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

(Masked Man) wrote: >|Where do we have to go for warm weather without the allergies? >|Arizona? > >Masked Man----->When I lived in Arizona [garbled message here] years >ago, I was told that the desert was a mecca for doctors practicing >allergy medicine. Reason: all the imported grass, and all the >geriatrics who moved there to get away from it. A rather sad irony. > >I'm not sure there is any escape. What works best for me are two or >three late Spring frosts. The trees and the Spring flowers seem to >lose the urge to pollinate, and that brings some relief to swollen >nasal passages. > >My condition is not acute, and is helped a great deal by a wonder drug >called Entex. One of those and I'm good all day. > > > > > > > > > >_ >Have Gun Will Travel >Wire Paladin >San Franciscoo > > Glad to hear that something helps. Better living through chemistry? * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

(Empress of The Unknown) wrote: >EB wrote: > >>Unfortunately, that sucks all the romance out of it, too... I'd have thought >>there's no point even bothering, if you're not going to believe there is >>such a thing as "the right person"... > >I believe there is "the right person," too.. It's just always seemed logical to >me that there is someone out there who I will eventually click with. And I >don't mean a perfect fairytale relationship with a totally perfect person where >you'll have everything in common and never ever have any arguments or hardships >with (both of those -do- have a purpose, however), because that life doesn't >exist. Every relationship has kinks that need to be worked out (but you really >do have to know when things just aren't going to work). I'm talking about the >relationships where both people have feelings for each other, and understand >each other for the most part (as Marge Simpson of 'The Simpsons' called it: "A >profound mystical understanding." ..That may sound goofy, but that's how it >feels), and a give-and-take type of thing that goes both ways without draining >the other person to the point of unhappiness (and each person has to want to >help the other). But I do believe that everyone can find happiness (hopefully >lasting happiness) with someone. You should at least believe in the >possibility, because if you don't, chances are you're not going to get it. > > > > > >At least, that's how I see it. I have yet to be in a full- fledged in-person >relationship and I'm only going by what I've learned and experienced so far >(the good and the bad), so I could be wrong, it may not be the same for >everyone else. > >..-~* Jup >- >"So I walk up on high >And I step to the edge >To see my world below. >And I laugh at myself >As the tears roll down. >'Cause it's the world I know. >It's the world I know." > > -The World I Know, Collective Soul > > > >*Our day will come..* > > Empress, you are wise beyond your years. Indeed, even loving couples have arguments. I really wonder when I hear someone say that they NEVER fight with their sig other. And making up afterwards can be quite pleasant. The more of life's hardships you endure together, the stronger the bond between you gets. Good luck, m'lady, I hope you find happiness. * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - I dont care what you want Za'Dumbass was (Re: Ick. I don't think so, Ta'Stinky (was Re: Za can Kiss my toe was( Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe)

[...]

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid>)

In article <20000412185956.15549.00001112@ng-cr1.aol.com>, jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe (Empress of The Unknown) wrote: >EB wrote: > >>Unfortunately, that sucks all the romance out of it, too... I'd have thought >>there's no point even bothering, if you're not going to believe there is >>such a thing as "the right person"... > >I believe there is "the right person," too.. It's just always seemed logical to >me that there is someone out there who I will eventually click with. And I >don't mean a perfect fairytale relationship with a totally perfect person where >you'll have everything in common and never ever have any arguments or hardships >with (both of those -do- have a purpose, however), because that life doesn't >exist. Every relationship has kinks that need to be worked out (but you really >do have to know when things just aren't going to work). I'm talking about the >relationships where both people have feelings for each other, and understand >each other for the most part (as Marge Simpson of 'The Simpsons' called it: "A >profound mystical understanding." ..That may sound goofy, but that's how it >feels), and a give-and-take type of thing that goes both ways without draining >the other person to the point of unhappiness (and each person has to want to >help the other). But I do believe that everyone can find happiness (hopefully >lasting happiness) with someone. You should at least believe in the >possibility, because if you don't, chances are you're not going to get it. > > > > > >At least, that's how I see it. I have yet to be in a full- fledged in-person >relationship and I'm only going by what I've learned and experienced so far >(the good and the bad), so I could be wrong, it may not be the same for >everyone else. > <Bad Weyoun Imitation> The Empress is wise in all things. >..-~* Jup >- >"So I walk up on high >And I step to the edge >To see my world below. >And I laugh at myself >As the tears roll down. >'Cause it's the world I know. >It's the world I know." > > -The World I Know, Collective Soul > > > >*Our day will come..* > > RH "The Sisko is of Bajor" -The Prophets Star Trek: Deep Space Nine * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - Ick. I don't think so, Ta'Stinky (was Re: Za can Kiss my toe was( Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch) - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > >From: Steve Christianson > > >I guess I come across as rather cynical here but I've always told the > >unvarnished truth. :-) I don't believe in sugarcoating reality with "oh > >you'll find that right someone one day" > > Photon torpedoes away, I'm with you on this on!!! > Unfortunately, that sucks all the romance out of it, too... I'd have thought there's no point even bothering, if you're not going to believe there is such a thing as "the right person"... > > Fur-lined thigh high snow boots! > *thud* -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - Re: OT: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelmanNOrhSPAM@ameritech.net.invalid> wrote in message > In article <0sAI4.9454$Kc.193970@nnrp3.clara.net>, "EvilBill > [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: > > > >Agreed... I remember being a teenager... some of it was fun, a lot of it > >wasn't. There are worse things than being tortured by Cardassians (or, > >indeed, being assimilated by the Borg...) > > <Tortured Picard Mode> THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS! </Tortured Picard > Mode> > <Pissed-Off Picard Mode> They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn HERE, this far, no further! And I will make them PAY for what they've done! </Pissed-Off Picard Mode> -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-12 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:40:48 -0700, Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid> wrote: |Where do we have to go for warm weather without the allergies? |Arizona? Masked Man----->When I lived in Arizona [garbled message here] years ago, I was told that the desert was a mecca for doctors practicing allergy medicine. Reason: all the imported grass, and all the geriatrics who moved there to get away from it. A rather sad irony. I'm not sure there is any escape. What works best for me are two or three late Spring frosts. The trees and the Spring flowers seem to lose the urge to pollinate, and that brings some relief to swollen nasal passages. My condition is not acute, and is helped a great deal by a wonder drug called Entex. One of those and I'm good all day. _ Have Gun Will Travel Wire Paladin San Franciscoo

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: Zabana Brandon >What the hell is my purpose in life? > >[sucks Shammie's thumb] > Hey, that tickles!

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goa - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote in message news:38F63259.F66A0D16@collegetoday.com... > > > Techlab@photo-rescue.com wroteded: > > > Zabana Brandon wrote: > > > > > >*sigh* > > > > You need to stop thinking about other people's lives. > > I can't. It's impossible for me to. I'm a writer. I've gotall sorts > of people living in my head ... not to mention the > 17 other personalities I have, one of which has five. And you wondered why I didnt send you presents this Christmas... > > If your purpose is to tell other people how to live, > > Then you have a problem. > > My purpose is to ... er ... uhm ... Drool on and on... > What the hell is my purpose in life? We wonder that daily... > [sucks Shammie's thumb] Mmmm.... > > > > > > Think about those glass houses... > > Hmm ... glass houses. Billy Joel album, right? <g> <tossses rock>

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: This is the only Header action Ta'Goober can get (was Re: I dont care what you want Za'Dumbass was (Re: Ick. I don't think so, Ta'Stinky (was Re: Za can Kiss my toe was( Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject h - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: Read the words, Ta'Geek (was Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote in message news:38F632AB.C85606E6@collegetoday.com... > > > Ta'Teria wrote: > > > <Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote in message > > news:390047e1.13403691@news.erols.com... > > > On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:31:15 GMT, Zabana Brandon > > > <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote: > > > > > > > >*sigh* > > > > > > You need to stop thinking about other people's lives. > > > > > > If your purpose is to tell other people how to live, > > > Then you have a problem. > > > > > > Think about those glass houses... > > > > WTF? Got a lot to say?

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelman@ameritech.net>)

In article <nJuJ4.11483$Kc.238239@nnrp3.clara.net>, "EvilBill [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelman@ameritech.net> wrote in message >> In article <tWlJ4.11269$jk1.211047@nnrp4.clara.net>, "EvilBill >> [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >> > >> >I know *exactly* what you mean :) >> >> I am also a lot like this. In my case it probably stems from >> being made fun of for so many years. At least now I'm starting >> to break from the Rodney Dangerfield way of being. >> > >Who? > Rodney Dangerfield- Comedic actor. Known for his bulging eyes. His most famous routine is how he gets "no respect." RH Let the mayhem begin." -Elliot Carver "Tomorrow Never Dies" * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

(Empress of The Unknown) wrote: > >>Empress, you are wise beyond your years. Indeed, even loving >>couples have arguments. I really wonder when I hear someone say >>that they NEVER fight with their sig other. > >That doesn't really seem like a total open and honest relationship. Maybe >they're pretending too much to be perfectly happy around each other. From what >I've discovered, arguments bring up issues so that they can be dealt with. If >there's a problem, then it should be brought up, because letting it just sit >there will allow it to fester and....mutate and...stuff. For example, if you >buy a house and don't examine it for cracks in the foundation and leaks and all >that, you probably will wind up with problems later. And if you do notice those >problems, common sense is to get them fixed asap, you don't let them stay as >they are. I don't see why a relationship should be any different; it needs >examination and maintenance, too. Ignoring issues is just plain stupid, to put >it bluntly. What you say is true, but sometimes arguments are over stupid stuff too. I have a bad day and I'm in a shitty mood and I end up arguing with my wife. It's totally dumbass, but it happens. In general, I think that one of the secrets is to fight fair. If you're intimate with someone you know their secrets and most vulnerable points. When you fight, you've got to try very hard NOT to use these intimacies against your sig other. > >> And making up >>afterwards can be quite pleasant. > >So I've heard. ::sigh:: Sometimes I'm amazed at how quickly my wife and I can go from growling at one another to jumping each other's bones. Love is magic, I guess. > >>The more of life's hardships you endure together, the stronger >>the bond between you gets. > >That's true.. I think it's because those types of things open up more doors >inside of people, allowing them to see more of one another, and establish more >deeper connections, helping them to communicate better. And better >communication leads to a better understanding which can lead up to a stronger >bond. Yes ma'am. Life throws so much shit at you that you just hold onto each other tighter to simply survive. > ...I think... I guess er... If none of that made sense, that means the >caffeine's gotten to my brain, in which case, I need to get to bed.. ;b > >>Good luck, m'lady, I hope you find happiness. > >If I'm right, it will be soon. ::staring at my calendar:: > > >..-~* Jup >- >*Our day will come..* > > We'll be rooting for you Empress. * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats (was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily)))))))) - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Techlab@photo-rescue.com wroteded: > Zabana Brandon wrote: > > > >*sigh* > > You need to stop thinking about other people's lives. I can't. It's impossible for me to. I'm a writer. I've gotall sorts of people living in my head ... not to mention the 17 other personalities I have, one of which has five. > > > If your purpose is to tell other people how to live, > Then you have a problem. My purpose is to ... er ... uhm ... What the hell is my purpose in life? [sucks Shammie's thumb] > > > Think about those glass houses... Hmm ... glass houses. Billy Joel album, right? <g>

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Read the words, Ta'Geek (was Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goa) - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Ta'Teria wrote: > <Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote in message > news:390047e1.13403691@news.erols.com... > > On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:31:15 GMT, Zabana Brandon > > <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote: > > > > > >*sigh* > > > > You need to stop thinking about other people's lives. > > > > If your purpose is to tell other people how to live, > > Then you have a problem. > > > > Think about those glass houses... > > WTF?

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - This is the only Header action Ta'Goober can get (was Re: I dont care what you want Za'Dumbass was (Re: Ick. I don't think so, Ta'Stinky (was Re: Za can Kiss my toe was( Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch) - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

In article <tWlJ4.11269$jk1.211047@nnrp4.clara.net>, "EvilBill [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >"Empress of The Unknown" <jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe> wrote in message >> EB wrote: >> > >> >I agree totally... I *want* to believe in it... much of the evidence is >to >> >the contrary, mind you :( >> >> I understand. For me, it's hard to imagine actually being happy with >someone, >> because I don't even know what it's like since I've never been really >happy in >> that area of my life (or lots of other areas for that matter). But, I mean >you >> have to believe you can be happy someday. I don't see much point in doing >> anything if you don't. >> > >Agreed. > >> [snip] >> >Well, I tend to feel emotions very deeply, and can be hurt very easily >(just >> >ask Chloe, LOL)... so *any* relationship, for me, would have to be >genuine, >> >for my own protection :) >> >> I'm the exact same way, I feel things too deeply, some of that isn't my >fault >> though. Anyway, my relationship must be and feel completely real and right >to >> me or else I don't feel safe and secure enough, which are things I just >need. >> > >I know *exactly* what you mean :) I am also a lot like this. In my case it probably stems from being made fun of for so many years. At least now I'm starting to break from the Rodney Dangerfield way of being. RH Let the mayhem begin." -Elliot Carver "Tomorrow Never Dies" * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Alucard" <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid> wrote in message > > Empress, you are wise beyond your years. Indeed, even loving > couples have arguments. I really wonder when I hear someone say > that they NEVER fight with their sig other. And making up > afterwards can be quite pleasant. > Heh, that reminds me of something in a DS9 episode I re-watched recently... one of the criminal activities reports about somebody's wife beating him up... and then their "making up" in a rather public spot, LOL :) > The more of life's hardships you endure together, the stronger > the bond between you gets. > > Good luck, m'lady, I hope you find happiness. > Me too... good luck Jup :) *smooch for luck* :) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

"Empress of The Unknown" <jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe> wrote in message > EB wrote: > > > >I agree totally... I *want* to believe in it... much of the evidence is to > >the contrary, mind you :( > > I understand. For me, it's hard to imagine actually being happy with someone, > because I don't even know what it's like since I've never been really happy in > that area of my life (or lots of other areas for that matter). But, I mean you > have to believe you can be happy someday. I don't see much point in doing > anything if you don't. > Agreed. > [snip] > >Well, I tend to feel emotions very deeply, and can be hurt very easily (just > >ask Chloe, LOL)... so *any* relationship, for me, would have to be genuine, > >for my own protection :) > > I'm the exact same way, I feel things too deeply, some of that isn't my fault > though. Anyway, my relationship must be and feel completely real and right to > me or else I don't feel safe and secure enough, which are things I just need. > I know *exactly* what you mean :) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

"Empress of The Unknown" <jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe> wrote in message news:20000412185956.15549.00001112@ng-cr1.aol.com... > EB wrote: > > >Unfortunately, that sucks all the romance out of it, too... I'd have thought > >there's no point even bothering, if you're not going to believe there is > >such a thing as "the right person"... > > I believe there is "the right person," too.. It's just always seemed logical to > me that there is someone out there who I will eventually click with. And I > don't mean a perfect fairytale relationship with a totally perfect person where > you'll have everything in common and never ever have any arguments or hardships > with (both of those -do- have a purpose, however), because that life doesn't > exist. Every relationship has kinks that need to be worked out (but you really > do have to know when things just aren't going to work). I'm talking about the > relationships where both people have feelings for each other, and understand > each other for the most part (as Marge Simpson of 'The Simpsons' called it: "A > profound mystical understanding." ..That may sound goofy, but that's how it > feels), and a give-and-take type of thing that goes both ways without draining > the other person to the point of unhappiness (and each person has to want to > help the other). But I do believe that everyone can find happiness (hopefully > lasting happiness) with someone. You should at least believe in the > possibility, because if you don't, chances are you're not going to get it. > I agree totally... I *want* to believe in it... much of the evidence is to the contrary, mind you :( > > At least, that's how I see it. I have yet to be in a full-fledged in-person > relationship and I'm only going by what I've learned and experienced so far > (the good and the bad), so I could be wrong, it may not be the same for > everyone else. > Well, I tend to feel emotions very deeply, and can be hurt very easily (just ask Chloe, LOL)... so *any* relationship, for me, would have to be genuine, for my own protection :) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goa - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

<Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote in message news:390047e1.13403691@news.erols.com... > On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:31:15 GMT, Zabana Brandon > <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote: > > > >*sigh* > > You need to stop thinking about other people's lives. > > If your purpose is to tell other people how to live, > Then you have a problem. > > Think about those glass houses... WTF?

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe)

Alucard wrote: >Empress, you are wise beyond your years. Indeed, even loving >couples have arguments. I really wonder when I hear someone say >that they NEVER fight with their sig other. That doesn't really seem like a total open and honest relationship. Maybe they're pretending too much to be perfectly happy around each other. From what I've discovered, arguments bring up issues so that they can be dealt with. If there's a problem, then it should be brought up, because letting it just sit there will allow it to fester and....mutate and...stuff. For example, if you buy a house and don't examine it for cracks in the foundation and leaks and all that, you probably will wind up with problems later. And if you do notice those problems, common sense is to get them fixed asap, you don't let them stay as they are. I don't see why a relationship should be any different; it needs examination and maintenance, too. Ignoring issues is just plain stupid, to put it bluntly. > And making up >afterwards can be quite pleasant. So I've heard. ::sigh:: >The more of life's hardships you endure together, the stronger >the bond between you gets. That's true.. I think it's because those types of things open up more doors inside of people, allowing them to see more of one another, and establish more deeper connections, helping them to communicate better. And better communication leads to a better understanding which can lead up to a stronger bond. ...I think... I guess er... If none of that made sense, that means the caffeine's gotten to my brain, in which case, I need to get to bed.. ;b >Good luck, m'lady, I hope you find happiness. If I'm right, it will be soon. ::staring at my calendar:: .-~* Jup - *Our day will come..*

2000-04-13 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe)

EB wrote: >You should at least believe in the >> possibility, because if you don't, chances are you're not going to get it. > >I agree totally... I *want* to believe in it... much of the evidence is to >the contrary, mind you :( I understand. For me, it's hard to imagine actually being happy with someone, because I don't even know what it's like since I've never been really happy in that area of my life (or lots of other areas for that matter). But, I mean you have to believe you can be happy someday. I don't see much point in doing anything if you don't. [snip] >Well, I tend to feel emotions very deeply, and can be hurt very easily (just >ask Chloe, LOL)... so *any* relationship, for me, would have to be genuine, >for my own protection :) I'm the exact same way, I feel things too deeply, some of that isn't my fault though. Anyway, my relationship must be and feel completely real and right to me or else I don't feel safe and secure enough, which are things I just need. .-~* Jup - "So I walk up on high And I step to the edge To see my world below. And I laugh at myself As the tears roll down. 'Cause it's the world I know. It's the world I know." -The World I Know, Collective Soul *Our day will come..*

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelman@ameritech.net> wrote in message > In article <nJuJ4.11483$Kc.238239@nnrp3.clara.net>, "EvilBill > [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: > > > >Who? > > Rodney Dangerfield- Comedic actor. Known for his bulging > eyes. His most famous routine is how he gets "no respect." > Oh, OK :) That's two things I don't and *do* have, respectively ;-) (EB, without bulging eyes...) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 07:56:20 GMT, Louis M. Brown <phyphor@rocketmail.com> wrote: |I blame Wave for the proliferation of hookers. Masked Man----->will...not..take...cheapshot....will...not...take....cheapshot... _ Have Gun Will Travel Wire Paladin San Franciscoo

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 02:43:51 +0100, "EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: |> I am also a lot like this. In my case it probably stems from |> being made fun of for so many years. At least now I'm starting |> to break from the Rodney Dangerfield way of being. |> | |Who? Masked Man---->I guess it's true. He really doesnt get any respect... _ Have Gun Will Travel Wire Paladin San Franciscoo

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelman@ameritech.net>)

In article <38fe68cd.75685497@news.mindspring.com>, kemosabe@skyenet.net (Masked Man) wrote: >On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 02:43:51 +0100, "EvilBill[AGQx]" ><evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: > >|> I am also a lot like this. In my case it probably stems from >|> being made fun of for so many years. At least now I'm starting >|> to break from the Rodney Dangerfield way of being. >|> >| >|Who? > >Masked Man---->I guess it's true. He really doesnt get any respect... > > ROTFLMAO RH Let the mayhem begin." -Elliot Carver "Tomorrow Never Dies" * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38F6EB82.5CB8@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Wavemaker wrote: > > > > "Pie" wrote: > > > > > > If all you are looking for is big breasts > > > and a loose attitude towards sex, I suggest money, toples bars or > > > hookers, > > > > Yay!!! > > > For real. I want some names, addresses and phone numbers too. <g> LOL, looking for some action Stevie?

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

(Empress of The Unknown) wrote: >Alucard wrote: > >>What you say is true, but sometimes arguments are over stupid >>stuff too. I have a bad day and I'm in a shitty mood and I end >>up arguing with my wife. It's totally dumbass, but it happens. > >Yea, that kinda stuff happens.. My problem is that I'm wayyy oversensitive for >certain reasons, but that's something I need to work on. > Well, part of a relationship is learning how to fight without really hurting each other. Luckily, and perhaps not coincidentally, my wife and I are both reasonably thin-skinned. Neither of us likes arguing much. But there are couples I know who have what I'd consider pretty nasty fights, and you can tell that for them it's some kind of foreplay. >>In general, I think that one of the secrets is to fight fair. If >>you're intimate with someone you know their secrets and most >>vulnerable points. When you fight, you've got to try very hard >>NOT to use these intimacies against your sig other. > >Yea, I know what that's like. > >>>> And making up >>>>afterwards can be quite pleasant. >>> >>>So I've heard. ::sigh:: >> >>Sometimes I'm amazed at how quickly my wife and I can go from >>growling at one another to jumping each other's bones. Love is >>magic, I guess. > >Gosh, that must be nice. You're lucky to actually have her there with you. I am incredibly lucky, yes. I wish there was a way to spread a little of the magic to some of the rest of you. But I guess we all have to find it in our own way. > >[snip] >>>That's true.. I think it's because those types of things open >>up more doors >>>inside of people, allowing them to see more of one another, and >>establish more >>>deeper connections, helping them to communicate better. And >>better >>>communication leads to a better understanding which can lead up >>to a stronger >>>bond. >> >>Yes ma'am. Life throws so much shit at you that you just hold >>onto each other tighter to simply survive. > >Yea, I understand that. > >[snip] >>>>Good luck, m'lady, I hope you find happiness. >>> >>>If I'm right, it will be soon. ::staring at my calendar:: >>> >>>..-~* Jup >>>- >>>*Our day will come..* >>> >>> >>We'll be rooting for you Empress. > >Thanks. :} > > >..-~* Jup >- >"So I walk up on high >And I step to the edge >To see my world below. >And I laugh at myself >As the tears roll down. >'Cause it's the world I know. >It's the world I know." > > -The World I Know, Collective Soul > > > >*Our day will come..* > > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 13:47:01 -0500, "Aardvark" <aardvarkboy@hotmail.com> wrote: >thesiskoisofbajor wrote: > >> Today started out so well, I handed out my senior pictures to my >> friends at school, which everyone seemed to really like, >> especially since I am wearing my DS9 uniform in the pic. > >Oh my... I've been away too long. We have to start over. > >I thought you said you weren't going to do the dress-up bit any more? > > >> Unfortunately, about mid-day things to a turn to this day being >> a "shit-storm of all time". For one, freezing rain started to >> pour, with reports of a lot of snow tonight. Then, there's the >> really shitty part of the day. The girl I've liked for the past >> few months, has a new boyfriend...one of my biggest rivals. > >> He's your average jock who all the girls drool over just because >> he's a jock. > >Is it possible he's a jock AND a nice guy? No? Ok... I'll take your word for >it. > >> I found out they're together when I saw them kissing in the parking lot at >> the end of the day. > >Hell, that doesn't mean anything... > >Listen son... you're years ahead of other people your own age. Save the >sensitivity crap for when you're married and *really* need it. > >In the meantime I think you just need to find someone in the same boat as >you and get some experience. (Avoid the prom queens right now). No >strings... no committments... nobody gets hurt... just sow a few oats. <LOL> This coming from the dude with a daughter... <E,EG> Now, she's what..16-17, (from what you last said.. ) Somehow, I doubt you'd tell any guy that went out with her to 'sow the wild oats'... I think you'd be more likely to say 'touch her and I'll introduce some buckshot to your sorry ass.' <g> -LMB

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:29:36 -0500, "Wavemaker" <wavemaker@my-deja.com> wrote: > >"Pie" wrote: >> >> If all you are looking for is big breasts >> and a loose attitude towards sex, I suggest money, toples bars or >> hookers, > >Yay!!! <ROFLMAO> I blame Wave for the proliferation of hookers. -LMB <EG>

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

On 09 Apr 2000 16:40:38 GMT, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >>From: Steve Christianson > >>> >The moment you start ignoring her, her ego will not like it and >>> she'll probably >>> >seek you out, > >>I'm sorry, but I must disagree with lovely Shammie on this. > >And for that you must die. Hmmm....defend Steve and die by Shammie or stand back and let it happen.... We'll miss you, Steve.. <g> > >>This girl is not going to seek you out if you ignore her. > >I should have gone into this in more depth. It's subtle. She will not seek him >out because she misses or wants *him* - her ego simply needs to see that he >wants *her* that's what I meant. > > She'll simply >>end up with some other guy. She's (1) a teenager, and (2) a woman. The >>guy who successfully courts her (probably NOT wearing a DS9 uniform) >>won't accomplish that by ignoring her. >He'll accomplish it by doing what >>is the predicate for all men in romance: doing whatever it takes without >>asking questions as to fairness. > >Oh come on, that doesn't in the least bit guarantee success. >What it boils down to is chemistry and timing. If those things aren't present >to begin with, no amount of "wooing" will have any kind of significant, >*lasting* effect. > >>> >It's UNIFORM, people! >>> >>> Right on. > >>Well, you graduate in what, two months? Go ahead and wear it I guess, it >>doesn't really matter at this point...unless you want to nab this girl. > >"Nab"???? >Steve, time to toss the porno collection. <LMAO> No shit, huh... > >>"Seriousness is irrelevant." > >LOL, I like that!! > >> >>Look. Life is a steamroller: you can get in its way and be run over, >>step out of the way and play it safe...or jump on it and enjoy the ride. >>The choice is up to you. We are all born and we will all die. If you >>don't start filling in some of the blanks in between you'll regret it. > >These beliefs are all part of a big trance. >[runs out to hug a tree] >No, f*ck that noise, it's snowing. :-((( > <LOL> Nice sunny days here..'cept for today's 'storm' ... (which hit more north of here..all we got here was a bit of sprinkles.. ) -LMB

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

On 10 Apr 2000 14:56:50 GMT, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >>From: Steve Christianson > >>> And for that you must die. >> >> >>Not until after the spanking first...surely not until after the spanking >>first... > >Oh all RIGHT. > >>She will not seek him >>> out because she misses or wants *him* - her ego simply needs to see that he >>> wants *her* that's what I meant. >> >> >>So then what good is that to RH? > >None whatsoever. >I was actually warning him but I didn't word my post good enough. > >>> What it boils down to is chemistry and timing. If those things aren't >>present >>> to begin with, no amount of "wooing" will have any kind of significant, >>> *lasting* effect. > >>Chemistry and timing are important, true. However, very few men are >>lucky enough to have the girl they're attracted to instantly reciprocate >>their feelings. It takes work. Dating can be a real chore. > >I'm sorry you feel that way :-| >But the truth is that you are partly right. It can be really fun, it can also >be a real drag. > > >>> "Nab"???? >>> Steve, time to toss the porno collection. > >>Hey, it was a better choice of words that "bang" or "f***"... > >I think the best choice of word is "worship." Hmm, but that's awfully..uh..sweaty for "worshipping" to be the right word.. <E,EG> > >>> [runs out to hug a tree] >>> No, f*ck that noise, it's snowing. :-((( >> >> >>It snowed here too, early in the AM! Weird. Just a few days ago it hit >>80 or so. > >On Saturday I went hiking in jeans and a T-shirt! On Sunday I was wearing my >down jacket with the hood up, a scarf, boots, and gloves! > -LMB

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

On 11 Apr 2000 15:44:13 GMT, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >>From: Steve Christianson > >>Dating can be a real chore. >>> > >>It can be fun when it's not really a pursuit at romance, like when you >>and I get together. > >I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call that fun... >I'd call it a blast! > >>But for a male, the pursuit of romance via dating >>can be a real pain. It's up to the male to take the initiative, keep the >>ball rolling and keep the female interested and entertained, and >>regardless of the outcome he has to pay for it all. > >Proof right there that men *should* get higher salaries than women. Hey, guess >what, they do! And that's the reason. It's built into our system. So from now >on I propose that women stop bitching about men's higher salaries and men stop >bitching about what they're supposed to do with it. > >Sometimes I think >>prostitution is more honest: at least you get what you pay for. > >Although why anyone would actually pay for HIV is beyond me!! > >However, >>realizing its many faults doesn't stop me from dating, because it's the >>only game in town. I just gave up long ago thinking it would ever be a >>fair or rational process. I hope RH and Evil Bill don't take as long as >>I did to figure it out. > >Good advice. > >>I guess I come across as rather cynical here but I've always told the >>unvarnished truth. :-) I don't believe in sugarcoating reality with "oh >>you'll find that right someone one day" > >Photon torpedoes away, I'm with you on this on!!! > >euphemisms which are basically >>emotional and psychological Quaaludes. > > >>> On Saturday I went hiking in jeans and a T-shirt! On Sunday I was wearing >>my >>> down jacket with the hood up, a scarf, boots, and gloves! >> >> >>Boots? :::drool::: What kind of boots? <g> > >Fur-lined thigh high snow boots! > <coronary> -LMB

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe)

Alucard wrote: >What you say is true, but sometimes arguments are over stupid >stuff too. I have a bad day and I'm in a shitty mood and I end >up arguing with my wife. It's totally dumbass, but it happens. Yea, that kinda stuff happens.. My problem is that I'm wayyy oversensitive for certain reasons, but that's something I need to work on. >In general, I think that one of the secrets is to fight fair. If >you're intimate with someone you know their secrets and most >vulnerable points. When you fight, you've got to try very hard >NOT to use these intimacies against your sig other. Yea, I know what that's like. >>> And making up >>>afterwards can be quite pleasant. >> >>So I've heard. ::sigh:: > >Sometimes I'm amazed at how quickly my wife and I can go from >growling at one another to jumping each other's bones. Love is >magic, I guess. Gosh, that must be nice. You're lucky to actually have her there with you. [snip] >>That's true.. I think it's because those types of things open >up more doors >>inside of people, allowing them to see more of one another, and >establish more >>deeper connections, helping them to communicate better. And >better >>communication leads to a better understanding which can lead up >to a stronger >>bond. > >Yes ma'am. Life throws so much shit at you that you just hold >onto each other tighter to simply survive. Yea, I understand that. [snip] >>>Good luck, m'lady, I hope you find happiness. >> >>If I'm right, it will be soon. ::staring at my calendar:: >> >>..-~* Jup >>- >>*Our day will come..* >> >> >We'll be rooting for you Empress. Thanks. :} .-~* Jup - "So I walk up on high And I step to the edge To see my world below. And I laugh at myself As the tears roll down. 'Cause it's the world I know. It's the world I know." -The World I Know, Collective Soul *Our day will come..*

2000-04-14 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelman@ameritech.net> wrote in message > In article <tWlJ4.11269$jk1.211047@nnrp4.clara.net>, "EvilBill > [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: > > > >I know *exactly* what you mean :) > > I am also a lot like this. In my case it probably stems from > being made fun of for so many years. At least now I'm starting > to break from the Rodney Dangerfield way of being. > Who? -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goa - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000415232817.11119.00002003@ng-fn1.aol.com... > >From: Techlab > > Ta' wrote: > >><from Shadows> > >>Respect this. > > >Uh.. isn't that supposed to be "I got yer respect right here, pal' ? > > > > Thank you. > *Bonks* Ta' Dammit! Why cant I be my own Troll?

<Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote in message news:39093490.270640836@news.erols.com... > > EVILBILL wrrote: > > >OK, I'll believe you. > > > >*mutters under breath: Thousands wouldn't.* > > <checks e-mail from list.. twitches in death throes> > > You mis-spelled "most wouldn't" > I understand. > > I've been told that. And I cannot respond. > > I would like the matter dropped, if possible. <drops dull grey matter>

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000416003430.27063.00001763@ng-fd1.aol.com... > >From: "Ta'Teria" > > >> *Bonks* Ta' > > > >Dammit! Why cant I be my own Troll? > > You want to *bonk* yourself, go right ahead, be my guest. <bitch slap>

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats (was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily)))))))) - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Techlab@photo-rescue.com wroteded: (and yes ... you did writeded it ... so :P) > My sincerest apologies to ZB. > I screwed up and it ain't pretty. No apologies necessary, dood. <g> Truth be told, I wasn't quite sure if you were serious or not ... so I thought I'd play it from the safe side and have fun with it. :) > Let me know how to make things right and I'll do it. > (but I'm not doing your laundry for a year or anything like that.) Damn. Why not? Ta been telling those tall tales of his again? Ta'!!! You (bleepin') Bastard!!!! > Again.. I apologize. Again ... no need, dood. <g>

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Techlab sucks Neutron Stars! (was Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats (was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily))))))))) - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Techlab@photo-rescue.com wroteded: > On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:46:59 GMT, Zabana Brandon > <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote: > > >Techlab@photo-rescue.com wroteded: > > did not.. Prove it. > > > >> Zabana Brandon wrote: > > >> >*sigh* > > >> You need to stop thinking about other people's lives. > > > >I can't. It's impossible for me to. I'm a writer. I've gotall sorts > >of people living in my head ... not to mention the > >17 other personalities I have, one of which has five. > > One of your multiple personalities has it's own multiple > personalities? Yeup. > > > How loooong haff you been noticing dis? Ve find dis veeeery > interestink. I've known about it for several years now. Makes things interesting, let me tell you. Ordering food at a restaurant can be a real bitch. > > > >> If your purpose is to tell other people how to live, > >> Then you have a problem. > > > >My purpose is to ... er ... uhm ... > > > >What the hell is my purpose in life? > > Want to borow one of mine? I've got a file drawer full of purposes around here somewhere.... Or was it a drawer full of porpoises and I threw out the purposes? *sigh* > > > <flips through calendar.. April 9,10,11 .. > nope 12, 13. here it is. > > "To inspire Happy Happy Joy Joy thoughts in everyone you meet" > > There. How's that? Heh heh. I've got a happy jig already. Does that count? > > > >[sucks Shammie's thumb] > > Stop trying to turn me on. o_O er .... > > > >> Think about those glass houses... > > > Hmm ... glass houses. Billy Joel album, right? <g> > > Nope .. that was a misprint. He wrote the song during his African > wilderness tour. It was supposed to be "Grass Houses". They have no > structural integrity, you know. Especially the two story condo ones. > So people in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.. LOL!!!!!!

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Shammie wroteded: > >From: Zabana Brandon > > >What the hell is my purpose in life? > > > >[sucks Shammie's thumb] > > > > Hey, that tickles! <sly grin>

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goa - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goa - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote in message news:38F80995.D83DE86A@collegetoday.com... > > > Ta'Teria wroteded: > > > Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote in message > > news:38F63259.F66A0D16@collegetoday.com... > > > > > Hupty Dupty <fellonawall@ouch.com>wrote in message > > > news:38F63259.F66A0D16@ouch.com... > > > > > > Techlab@photo-rescue.com wroteded: > > > > > > > Zabana Brandon wrote: > > > > > > > > > >*sigh* > > > > > > > > You need to stop thinking about other people's lives. > > > > > > I can't. It's impossible for me to. I'm a writer. I've gotall sorts > > > of people living in my head ... not to mention the > > > 17 other personalities I have, one of which has five. > > > > And you wondered why I didnt send you presents this Christmas... > > You could've sent chocolates ... :( What, with your anal acne? Tracy would have killed me. > > > > > > > > If your purpose is to tell other people how to live, > > > > Then you have a problem. > > > > > > My purpose is to ... er ... uhm ... > > > > Drool on and on... > > You got a problem with that, buhd-dy? Its budda to you, bub. > > > > > > > What the hell is my purpose in life? > > > > We wonder that daily... > > Thanks for thinking of me! <g> ... usually in a nightmare fashion, tho... > > > > > > > [sucks Shammie's thumb] > > > > Mmmm.... > > o_O :-o > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Think about those glass houses... > > > > > > Hmm ... glass houses. Billy Joel album, right? <g> > > > > <tossses rock> > > brat rastard!!! Futher Mucker!

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe)

Alucard wrote: >>Alucard wrote: >> >>>What you say is true, but sometimes arguments are over stupid >>>stuff too. I have a bad day and I'm in a shitty mood and I end >>>up arguing with my wife. It's totally dumbass, but it happens. >> >>Yea, that kinda stuff happens.. My problem is that I'm wayyy >oversensitive for >>certain reasons, but that's something I need to work on. > >Well, part of a relationship is learning how to fight without >really hurting each other. Wow, is that possible? >Luckily, and perhaps not >coincidentally, my wife and I are both reasonably thin-skinned. Does that mean sensitive? >Neither of us likes arguing much. But there are couples I know >who have what I'd consider pretty nasty fights, and you can tell >that for them it's some kind of foreplay. Oh. [snip] >I am incredibly lucky, yes. I wish there was a way to spread a >little of the magic to some of the rest of you. But I guess we >all have to find it in our own way. That's true. It just sucks when thinks get all complicated.

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

<Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote in message > > EVILBILL wrrote: > > >OK, I'll believe you. > > > >*mutters under breath: Thousands wouldn't.* > > <checks e-mail from list.. twitches in death throes> > > You mis-spelled "most wouldn't" LOL, maybe I did <g> Funny, I don't usually make typos... :) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote in message news:38F9796F.6ABD389B@collegetoday.com... > > > Ta'Teria wroteded: > > > Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > > news:20000415232817.11119.00002003@ng-fn1.aol.com... > > > >From: Techlab > > > > > > Ta' wrote: > > > >><from Shadows> > > > >>Respect this. > > > > > > >Uh.. isn't that supposed to be "I got yer respect right here, pal' ? > > > > > > > > > > Thank you. > > > *Bonks* Ta' > > > > Dammit! Why cant I be my own Troll? > > She *bonks* you and all you can do is bitch about not > trolling yourself? > > *sigh* I've had better *bonks*

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

No.

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On 12 Apr 2000 22:59:56 GMT, jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe (Empress of The Unknown) wrote: >EB wrote: > >>Unfortunately, that sucks all the romance out of it, too... I'd have thought >>there's no point even bothering, if you're not going to believe there is >>such a thing as "the right person"... > >I believe there is "the right person," too.. It's just always seemed logical to >me that there is someone out there who I will eventually click with. And I >don't mean a perfect fairytale relationship with a totally perfect person where >you'll have everything in common and never ever have any arguments or hardships >with (both of those -do- have a purpose, however), because that life doesn't >exist. Every relationship has kinks that need to be worked out (but you really >do have to know when things just aren't going to work). I'm talking about the >relationships where both people have feelings for each other, and understand >each other for the most part (as Marge Simpson of 'The Simpsons' called it: "A >profound mystical understanding." ..That may sound goofy, but that's how it >feels), and a give-and-take type of thing that goes both ways without draining >the other person to the point of unhappiness (and each person has to want to >help the other). But I do believe that everyone can find happiness (hopefully >lasting happiness) with someone. You should at least believe in the >possibility, because if you don't, chances are you're not going to get it. > > > > > >At least, that's how I see it. I have yet to be in a full-fledged in-person >relationship and I'm only going by what I've learned and experienced so far >(the good and the bad), so I could be wrong, it may not be the same for >everyone else. Jup, you are *so* right! :-)))))))))) Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

<Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote in message news:39031bb7.264279665@news.erols.com... > <zabana@collegetoday.com> scribbled in crayon: > > >Truth be told, I wasn't quite sure if you were serious or > >not ... so I thought I'd play it from the safe side and have > >fun with it. :) > > Everyone who knows me knows I always post with the utmost seriousness. > I have never uttered a foolish statement, made any joke or pun. I > would not, could not sully it with silliness. For this is Usenet.. the > last bastion of open thought and discussion.. the pinnacle of free > speech, and it is to be treated with respect. Respect, I tell you! > OK, I'll believe you. *mutters under breath: Thousands wouldn't.* <g> -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: Techlab Ta' wrote: >><from Shadows> >>Respect this. >Uh.. isn't that supposed to be "I got yer respect right here, pal' ? > Thank you. *Bonks* Ta'

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: "Ta'Teria" >> *Bonks* Ta' > >Dammit! Why cant I be my own Troll? You want to *bonk* yourself, go right ahead, be my guest.

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: "Ta'Teria" >> You want to *bonk* yourself, go right ahead, be my guest. > ><bitch slap> > Stop adapting Fiver's isms! "[slaps Ta' a little]"

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000416013218.16436.00001073@ng-cv1.aol.com... > >From: "Ta'Teria" > > >> You want to *bonk* yourself, go right ahead, be my guest. > > > ><bitch slap> > > > > Stop adapting Fiver's isms! > "[slaps Ta' a little]" [Whaps Shammie a lot] No.

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats (was Re: Next week will suck ass (was Re: Yesterday will Blow Suckily)))))))) - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Techlab@photo-rescue.com wroteded: > <zabana@collegetoday.com> scribbled in crayon: > > >Techlab@photo-rescue.com penned the following eloquent post: > > >(and yes ... you did writeded it ... so :P) > > See above. See above what? > > > >Truth be told, I wasn't quite sure if you were serious or > >not ... so I thought I'd play it from the safe side and have > >fun with it. :) > > Everyone who knows me knows I always post with the utmost seriousness. > I have never uttered a foolish statement, made any joke or pun. I > would not, could not sully it with silliness. For this is Usenet.. the > last bastion of open thought and discussion.. the pinnacle of free > speech, and it is to be treated with respect. Respect, I tell you! (looks around, dons body raincoat, opens up umbrella)Watch out for the flying poop, people!!! Techie's a shovelin' away!!! > > > >> (but I'm not doing your laundry for a year or anything like that.) > > >Damn. Why not? Ta been telling those tall tales of his again? > >Ta'!!! You (bleepin') Bastard!!!! > > Sorry.. he showed jpegs. He's been flashing again? Jeez. I swear ... that guy and hisprediliction for grossing us all out ... > > > > Again ... no need, dood. <g> > > (and thanks for making it easy to do) Do what? I'm lost here ...

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked ass! (was Re: 1814 was a real b*tch was(Re: 1998 licked scrote (Re: June's gunna bite bad (was Re: February was a bitch (was Re: Last Week blew goats - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

EvilBill[AGQx] wroteded: > <Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote in message > news:39031bb7.264279665@news.erols.com... > > <zabana@collegetoday.com> scribbled in crayon: > > > > >Truth be told, I wasn't quite sure if you were serious or > > >not ... so I thought I'd play it from the safe side and have > > >fun with it. :) > > > > Everyone who knows me knows I always post with the utmost seriousness. > > I have never uttered a foolish statement, made any joke or pun. I > > would not, could not sully it with silliness. For this is Usenet.. the > > last bastion of open thought and discussion.. the pinnacle of free > > speech, and it is to be treated with respect. Respect, I tell you! > > > > OK, I'll believe you. > > *mutters under breath: Thousands wouldn't.* > > <g> I've now been reminded of Rocky & Bullwinkle!

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Ta'Teria wroteded: > Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > news:20000415232817.11119.00002003@ng-fn1.aol.com... > > >From: Techlab > > > > Ta' wrote: > > >><from Shadows> > > >>Respect this. > > > > >Uh.. isn't that supposed to be "I got yer respect right here, pal' ? > > > > > > > Thank you. > > *Bonks* Ta' > > Dammit! Why cant I be my own Troll? She *bonks* you and all you can do is bitch about not trolling yourself? *sigh*

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

stop.

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

dammit.

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

(Empress of The Unknown) wrote: >>> >>>>What you say is true, but sometimes arguments are over stupid >>>>stuff too. I have a bad day and I'm in a shitty mood and I end >>>>up arguing with my wife. It's totally dumbass, but it happens. >>> >>>Yea, that kinda stuff happens.. My problem is that I'm wayyy >>oversensitive for >>>certain reasons, but that's something I need to work on. >> >>Well, part of a relationship is learning how to fight without >>really hurting each other. > >Wow, is that possible? Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. It still hurts to fight, but you can learn to kind of spar without doing any real damage. The last thing I'd actually want to do is say something that would hurt my wife. > >>Luckily, and perhaps not >>coincidentally, my wife and I are both reasonably thin-skinned. > >Does that mean sensitive? Yes. Conversely, being thick-skinned usually means being less sensitive to criticism and insults. > >>Neither of us likes arguing much. But there are couples I know >>who have what I'd consider pretty nasty fights, and you can tell >>that for them it's some kind of foreplay. > >Oh. Yeah, seems weird to me, but one thing I guess I've learned is that couples interact in VERY different ways. What works for one couple, wouldn't necessarily be good for another. > >[snip] >>I am incredibly lucky, yes. I wish there was a way to spread a >>little of the magic to some of the rest of you. But I guess we >>all have to find it in our own way. > >That's true. It just sucks when thinks get all complicated. > > In some ways love is such a contradiction. It's both simple and complicated at the same time. No? * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

"Ali Andrews" wrote: > >Alucard wrote > >>Well, part of a relationship is learning how to fight without >>really hurting each other > >Damn. That's where I have been going wrong. I thought it was to get to know >a person's weak spots and bringing them up in every argument <g> > >Allie >x > > > Mental note to self: Try to avoid heated agruments with Allie!! * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

Steve Christianson wrote: > > > >Ali Andrews wrote: >> >> Alucard wrote >> >> >Well, part of a relationship is learning how to fight without >> >really hurting each other >> >> Damn. That's where I have been going wrong. I thought it was to get to know >> a person's weak spots and bringing them up in every argument <g> > > >Isn't that called "being female"? <g> > >[runs] > > Hmmm, obviously you're still young enough to run like hell!! * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Alucard <decohenNOdeSPAM@ibm.net.invalid>)

thesiskoisofbajor wrote: >> >> > >>> >Well, part of a relationship is learning how to fight without >>> >really hurting each other >>> >>> Damn. That's where I have been going wrong. I thought it was >to get to know >>> a person's weak spots and bringing them up in every argument ><g> >> >> >>Isn't that called "being female"? <g> >> >>[runs] >> >> > >Danger, Steve Christianson! Danger! > > >RH More danger than he knows, Emissary. No matter how fast you can run, you gotta sleep sooner or later. * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelman@ameritech.net>)

In article <38FB1041.1A14@yahoo.com>, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes> >Ali Andrews wrote: >> >> Alucard wrote >> > > >> >Well, part of a relationship is learning how to fight without >> >really hurting each other >> >> Damn. That's where I have been going wrong. I thought it was to get to know >> a person's weak spots and bringing them up in every argument <g> > > >Isn't that called "being female"? <g> > >[runs] > > Danger, Steve Christianson! Danger! RH Let the mayhem begin." -Elliot Carver "Tomorrow Never Dies" * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message > X-No-Archive: yes > > Ali Andrews wrote: > > > > Damn. That's where I have been going wrong. I thought it was to get to know > > a person's weak spots and bringing them up in every argument <g> > > Isn't that called "being female"? <g> > LOL! :) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: Today sucks - (Ali Andrews <ali@jupiter23.demon.co.uk>)

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: You people need to get a life before Usenet collapses under these subject headers (was Re: 1995 sucked a - (jupiturgrl@aol.comeToMe)

Ta'Teria wrote: ><Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote.. >> EVILBILL wrrote: >> >OK, I'll believe you. >> > >> >*mutters under breath: Thousands wouldn't.* >> >> <checks e-mail from list.. twitches in death throes> >> >> You mis-spelled "most wouldn't" >> I understand. >> >> I've been told that. And I cannot respond. >> >> I would like the matter dropped, if possible. > ><drops dull grey matter> ::puts on surgical gloves and picks up Ta's dull, grey, withered, crumbling [bleep] from the floor:: You dropped this.