FLM films - My Webpage

2000-03-26 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote > OK, may we please skip June Lockheart? What little I tuned in to, she was going > on about some medical crap or something. Ahh... the B-list guests...... > And can we please forget that I sat through a stupid auction? Good. Certainly, I've gone to one of those charity auctions only once, it's amazing just how much people will pay for something they can already buy in the trading room. > On with the > show, then, since it was *finally* by some miracle, 7:30. By then I was spaced, > bored silly, cold and hungry. But then....the guy announced Tim Russ and I > perked right up. "Sock to Tuvok! Sock to Tuvok!" He came bounding out on stage, > all smiles, lighting up the room. He got a rousing welcome and standing > ovation. What does he do right away after saying hello and thank you? He sings! Any good? > It was some funny song about Voyager, about how they never have sex or go to > the bathroom. It was cute, I was LOLing. Then he did another one to the tune of > Gilligan's island. I wish I could remember the lyrics. I was wishing I'd > brought a recorder. Oh well, he did it all acapella (no background music). You > could tell he was very comfortable in front of an audience and had his act > together for them. That kind of bothered me. He was very entertaining, but it > was all..."on" if you know what I mean. After those two songs, he sang another > long, for real one with a playback (taped background music). It was kind of > nice, but nothing I would rush out to buy the CD for. He announced a couple of > times that it was from his CD and that they were for sale. His voice was > decent. Sorry Jules, but while he has good pitch and an adequate delivery, his > singing is unremarkable. And I don't like that fast vibrato type of voice. The GlacierQueen will get ya! > I was wondering if his whole show was going to be singing. But it wasn't. He > talked a lot, answered questions very well, handled one total asshole smoothly, > and even did a funny skit with 3 people from the audience. He was wearing dark > grey slacks, could have been Dockers, a black V-neck shirt, brown leather belt, > white Reboks, and a watch on his right wrist. Of course, since he's lefty. He > looked great, spoke with great delivery, made us laugh, and has a dazzling > smile. But I never felt him reveal any of his deeper real self to us, I thought > he was basically "on" the whole time. Well, anyway, his "on"ness was very nice > and I really liked him. Sounds like a good show then. I must admit that at the cons I've been to, the guests are always "on" on stage, but if you see them anywhere else during the con, they are themselves, and of course at the smaller cons here, the guests get a chance to mingle and stuff as well as tour the city, so you actually get a chance to meet them as people sometimes, which is very nice indeed. In fact I'd prefer to meet them that way than see them on stage, but either way is fun.

2000-03-26 00:00:00 - Creation Con: Part 3 - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

OK, may we please skip June Lockheart? What little I tuned in to, she was going on about some medical crap or something. And can we please forget that I sat through a stupid auction? Good. On with the show, then, since it was *finally* by some miracle, 7:30. By then I was spaced, bored silly, cold and hungry. But then....the guy announced Tim Russ and I perked right up. "Sock to Tuvok! Sock to Tuvok!" He came bounding out on stage, all smiles, lighting up the room. He got a rousing welcome and standing ovation. What does he do right away after saying hello and thank you? He sings! It was some funny song about Voyager, about how they never have sex or go to the bathroom. It was cute, I was LOLing. Then he did another one to the tune of Gilligan's island. I wish I could remember the lyrics. I was wishing I'd brought a recorder. Oh well, he did it all acapella (no background music). You could tell he was very comfortable in front of an audience and had his act together for them. That kind of bothered me. He was very entertaining, but it was all..."on" if you know what I mean. After those two songs, he sang another long, for real one with a playback (taped background music). It was kind of nice, but nothing I would rush out to buy the CD for. He announced a couple of times that it was from his CD and that they were for sale. His voice was decent. Sorry Jules, but while he has good pitch and an adequate delivery, his singing is unremarkable. And I don't like that fast vibrato type of voice. I was wondering if his whole show was going to be singing. But it wasn't. He talked a lot, answered questions very well, handled one total asshole smoothly, and even did a funny skit with 3 people from the audience. He was wearing dark grey slacks, could have been Dockers, a black V-neck shirt, brown leather belt, white Reboks, and a watch on his right wrist. Of course, since he's lefty. He looked great, spoke with great delivery, made us laugh, and has a dazzling smile. But I never felt him reveal any of his deeper real self to us, I thought he was basically "on" the whole time. Well, anyway, his "on"ness was very nice and I really liked him.

2000-03-27 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Helen & Bob <chil-out@ix.netcom.com>)

OK OK OK OK OK I GIVE UP. I have never been to a con. I will never go to a con. Question. What is a creation con, and how does it differ from a slanted fedora con?? Oh, the abyssmal ignorance that consumes me. Bob > !

2000-03-27 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

Helen & Bob wrote: > > OK OK OK OK OK > > I GIVE UP. > > I have never been to a con. I will never go to a con. Question. What is a > creation con, and how does it differ from a slanted fedora con?? > > Oh, the abyssmal ignorance that consumes me. > Bob > > > ! Sock will haunt your dreams now. The conventions are really nice, unless you hate crowds. The best part are the actors. They are both organizers of conventions. I have had problems with creation because of, lack of people skills lack of organization ( if i go into this area I will do so much better ) ( but some have been good. Just don't expect greatness if you go to the fair grounds auditorium. The Phx suns former home ) The other one, I don't think I have been to. I don't even think they go in this area. If anyone knows if they will be in this area please tell me. Michele

2000-03-27 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Laura Ware <laware@strato.net>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000327013611.15201.00000359@ng-df1.aol.com... > >From: "Laura Ware" > > >Oh, you are soooooo lucky! I would really like to do this sometime. Did > >anyone ask him about plans for Tuvok the rest of this season (or next!)? > > Yes, he said that there is an ep featuring Tuvok coming up. He was making jokes > about Pon Faar and how it would be him, Janeway, Torres and Seven in a > holodeck. LOL!!

2000-03-27 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (BTS <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in article > >From: "Laura Ware" > > >Oh, you are soooooo lucky! I would really like to do this sometime. Did > >anyone ask him about plans for Tuvok the rest of this season (or next!)? > > Yes, he said that there is an ep featuring Tuvok coming up. He was making jokes > about Pon Faar and how it would be him, Janeway, Torres and Seven in a > holodeck. <snicker> And since the character is a few year's past due, I can see why a foursome would be necessary. -- later... b.t.s. occassionally, I'm callous and strange - btvs

2000-03-27 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: "Laura Ware" >Oh, you are soooooo lucky! I would really like to do this sometime. Did >anyone ask him about plans for Tuvok the rest of this season (or next!)? Yes, he said that there is an ep featuring Tuvok coming up. He was making jokes about Pon Faar and how it would be him, Janeway, Torres and Seven in a holodeck.

2000-03-27 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: "Pie" >What does he do right away after saying hello and thank you? >He sings! > >Any good? Not really.I mean he wasn't *bad* don't get me wrong. He was just...he didn't move me whatsoever. And the song from his CD got boring, it was too long. >The GlacierQueen will get ya! eep I know > I must admit that at the cons I've been >to, the guests are always "on" on stage, but if you see them anywhere >else during the con, they are themselves, I felt that Garrett was both "on" and "himself" whereas Tim was more "on" than himself. He was smooth and professional, but with shields up.

2000-03-27 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Laura Ware <laware@strato.net>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000326004820.03340.00003350@ng-cv1.aol.com... <snips Shammie seeing Tim Russ> Oh, you are soooooo lucky! I would really like to do this sometime. Did anyone ask him about plans for Tuvok the rest of this season (or next!)?

2000-03-28 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Helen & Bob <chil-out@ix.netcom.com>)

Michele wrote: > Helen & Bob wrote: > > > > Michele wrote: > > > > > Helen & Bob wrote: Oh, Creation and Slanted Fedora are promoters. People who organize and present conventions. Now, I get it. Being in the crafts business, I am familiar with promoters. Now, re: overpriced goods at conventions. YES, you could probably get the vendors card, and buy cheaper from him by mail, or it would be cheaper if you saw the vendor at on outdoor show. The problem is COST of doing the show. For instance, I have a friend who promotes crafts show. He once did a show over in the bay area, at a convention center. I saw him Smiling at the show ( I was a vendor). I said Hey Steve, what's with the grin? (He usually doesn't smile until the show is over). He said he had gotten enough paid admissions to cover the rental of the hall and pay his crew. I was surprised, because the traffic flow had been very, very heavy. I said Wow, how much do they charge you for this place? I was stunned when he told me it was $13,000 PER DAY. It was a 3 day show. His baseline rent was $39,000. That does not include Security. Now, usually, a vendor pays a fee to be in a show. For a craft show in a hall, I usually pay from $400 to $500 plus 10%. I also know that at the California State Fair, a 10 ft x 10 ft space is $7,000 for 14 days. With those kinds of fees, can you understand why things cost so much at a Con??? Just a little info. I did not know the names were promoters. Bob

2000-03-28 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

Helen & Bob wrote: > > Michele wrote: > > > Helen & Bob wrote: > > > > > > Michele wrote: > > > > > > > Helen & Bob wrote: > > Oh, Creation and Slanted Fedora are promoters. People who organize and present > conventions. Now, I get it. Being in the crafts business, I am familiar with > promoters. Now, re: overpriced goods at conventions. YES, you could probably get the > vendors card, and buy cheaper from him by mail, or it would be cheaper if you saw the > vendor at on outdoor show. The problem is COST of doing the show. For instance, I have > a friend who promotes crafts show. He once did a show over in the bay area, at a > convention center. I saw him Smiling at the show ( I was a vendor). I said Hey Steve, > what's with the grin? (He usually doesn't smile until the show is over). He said he had > gotten enough paid admissions to cover the rental of the hall and pay his crew. I was > surprised, because the traffic flow had been very, very heavy. I said Wow, how much do > they charge you for this place? I was stunned when he told me it was $13,000 PER DAY. > It was a 3 day show. His baseline rent was $39,000. That does not include Security. > Now, usually, a vendor pays a fee to be in a show. For a craft show in a hall, I > usually pay from $400 to $500 plus 10%. I also know that at the California State Fair, > a 10 ft x 10 ft space is $7,000 for 14 days. With those kinds of fees, can you > understand why things cost so much at a Con??? > Just a little info. I did not know the names were promoters. > Bob Ok, I understand why the stuff can be expensive. It has been a while. I am sure they get a lot of profit when they do the conventions. Number one rule is that die hard fans will buy anything. Conventions are also very crowded. Michele

2000-03-28 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

So what is your question then? Helen & Bob wrote: > > Michele wrote: > > > Helen & Bob wrote: > > > > > > OK OK OK OK OK > > > > > > I GIVE UP. > > > > > > I have never been to a con. I will never go to a con. Question. What is a > > > creation con, and how does it differ from a slanted fedora con?? > > > > > > Oh, the abyssmal ignorance that consumes me. > > > Bob > > > > > > > ! > > > > Sock will haunt your dreams now. The conventions are really > > nice, unless you hate crowds. The best part are the actors. > > They are both organizers of conventions. I have had problems > > with creation because of, > > lack of people skills > > lack of organization ( if i go into this area I will do so > > much better ) > > ( but some have been good. Just don't expect greatness if > > you go to the fair grounds auditorium. The Phx suns former > > home ) > > The other one, I don't think I have been to. I don't even > > think they go in this area. If anyone knows if they will be > > in this area please tell me. > > > > Michele > > What is a creation con? How does it differ from other cons. What is a "slanted > fedora" con. Basic definitions, because in my ignorance, I do not understand your > above post. > Thanks > Bob

[...]

Helen & Bob wrote: > > Michele wrote: > > > Helen & Bob wrote: > > > > > > OK OK OK OK OK > > > > > > I GIVE UP. > > > > > > I have never been to a con. I will never go to a con. Question. What is a > > > creation con, and how does it differ from a slanted fedora con?? > > > > > > Oh, the abyssmal ignorance that consumes me. > > > Bob > > > > > > > ! > > > > Sock will haunt your dreams now. The conventions are really > > nice, unless you hate crowds. The best part are the actors. > > They are both organizers of conventions. I have had problems > > with creation because of, > > lack of people skills > > lack of organization ( if i go into this area I will do so > > much better ) > > ( but some have been good. Just don't expect greatness if > > you go to the fair grounds auditorium. The Phx suns former > > home ) > > The other one, I don't think I have been to. I don't even > > think they go in this area. If anyone knows if they will be > > in this area please tell me. > > > > Michele > > What is a creation con? How does it differ from other cons. What is a "slanted > fedora" con. Basic definitions, because in my ignorance, I do not understand your > above post. > Thanks > Bob It is a convention where star trek fans get together. Creation is a special events organizer. Basically they organize conventions aroud the country or the world. You have vendors selling stuff for way too much. Supposedly food but I don't remember it. Other then the overpriced stuff at the stadium where they had it. ( ifyou can call it food ). They have contests, and they have the actors stand up there and talk for an hour. If the actors have it their way they would do it longer along with the autograph lines. The problem with creation cons is they are are way to anal about time restrictions. Yes you need a schedule but at least make it fun. You know at least tell people how long there it is don't push people around. Ok sorry that was the almost professional speaking. A convention is basically where fans of a show ( eg star trek ) and buy or sell things and hear their favorite actors talk. There isn't much difference between creation and fendora that I can tell. They are both organizers of conventions or events. In other words they are a expensive way to see your favorite stars and whether or not it is worth it is up to the person.

2000-03-29 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Helen & Bob <chil-out@ix.netcom.com>)

Michele wrote: > Helen & Bob wrote: > > > > Michele wrote: > > > > > Helen & Bob wrote: > > > > > > > > Michele wrote: > > > > > > > > > Helen & Bob wrote: > > > > Oh, Creation and Slanted Fedora are promoters. People who organize and present > > conventions. Now, I get it. Being in the crafts business, I am familiar with > > promoters. Now, re: overpriced goods at conventions. YES, you could probably get the > > vendors card, and buy cheaper from him by mail, or it would be cheaper if you saw the > > vendor at on outdoor show. The problem is COST of doing the show. For instance, I have > > a friend who promotes crafts show. He once did a show over in the bay area, at a > > convention center. I saw him Smiling at the show ( I was a vendor). I said Hey Steve, > > what's with the grin? (He usually doesn't smile until the show is over). He said he had > > gotten enough paid admissions to cover the rental of the hall and pay his crew. I was > > surprised, because the traffic flow had been very, very heavy. I said Wow, how much do > > they charge you for this place? I was stunned when he told me it was $13,000 PER DAY. > > It was a 3 day show. His baseline rent was $39,000. That does not include Security. > > Now, usually, a vendor pays a fee to be in a show. For a craft show in a hall, I > > usually pay from $400 to $500 plus 10%. I also know that at the California State Fair, > > a 10 ft x 10 ft space is $7,000 for 14 days. With those kinds of fees, can you > > understand why things cost so much at a Con??? > > Just a little info. I did not know the names were promoters. > > Bob > > Ok, I understand why the stuff can be expensive. It has been > a while. I am sure they get a lot of profit when they do the > conventions. Number one rule is that die hard fans will buy > anything. Conventions are also very crowded. > > Michele Good. If they're crowded it means everyones having fun. I was just commenting on cost because most people don't realize the costs involved and why things are so expensive at Conventions, fairs, etc. Bob

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Shammie wrote > >From: "Pie" > >What does he do right away after saying hello and thank you? > >He sings! > > > >Any good? > > Not really.I mean he wasn't *bad* don't get me wrong. He was just...he didn't > move me whatsoever. And the song from his CD got boring, it was too long. Hmm..... well, he's on tour here in the UK soon, and I believe he has a signing tour here also, perhaps I'll pop along one day. > >The GlacierQueen will get ya! > > eep I know Heh-Heh! She seems to have spared you, and it's a good thing too. > > I must admit that at the cons I've been > >to, the guests are always "on" on stage, but if you see them anywhere > >else during the con, they are themselves, > > I felt that Garrett was both "on" and "himself" whereas Tim was more "on" than > himself. He was smooth and professional, but with shields up. I see, hmmmm.. perhaps that's the only way to approach a large number of publicity appearances, to separate yourself from your on-stage persona? Not sure, fortunately, or unfortunately, I guess I'll never have to find out that for myself.

2000-04-08 00:00:00 - Re: Creation Con: Part 3 - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000 16:57:16 +0100, "Pie" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote: >Shammie wrote >> >From: "Pie" >> >What does he do right away after saying hello and thank you? >> >He sings! >> > >> >Any good? >> >> Not really.I mean he wasn't *bad* don't get me wrong. He was just...he >didn't >> move me whatsoever. And the song from his CD got boring, it was too >long. > >Hmm..... well, he's on tour here in the UK soon, and I believe he has a >signing tour here also, perhaps I'll pop along one day. > you should! Don't let Shammie influence you - she likes her men older and more wooden than Tim is :-) >> >The GlacierQueen will get ya! >> >> eep I know > >Heh-Heh! She seems to have spared you, and it's a good thing too. > I was not surprised. Since Shammie likes Chucky/Beltran I didn't really expect her to like Tim. Most people like either one or the other. >> > I must admit that at the cons I've been >> >to, the guests are always "on" on stage, but if you see them anywhere >> >else during the con, they are themselves, >> >> I felt that Garrett was both "on" and "himself" whereas Tim was more >"on" than >> himself. He was smooth and professional, but with shields up. > >I see, hmmmm.. perhaps that's the only way to approach a large number of >publicity appearances, to separate yourself from your on-stage persona? *especially* if you're rather shy and have to hide behind that persona.... (Arlie figured that out pretty well - he *is* rather shy) >Not sure, fortunately, or unfortunately, I guess I'll never have to find >out that for myself. > > LOL! I doubt you'll have to find out! Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!