FLM films - My Webpage

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Poor Deluded Lisa wroted... > LOL! Believe it or not I'm far more looking forward to the Frank Black bit > than I am about Mulder and Scully, she could just never be worthy of him and > so should never. ever be allowed to have him! Lisa, You are WRONG. Mulder count EVER be worthy of a goddess like Scully/Anderson.

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (BTS <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net>)

Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in article > "BTS" <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net> wrote in message > > I liked Millenium a lot as well and was somewhat disappointed in the plot. > > Frank's character was treated ok. Let me put it this way, as an X-Files > > episode, given its recent track record in quality, it was pretty good. The > > kiss was good as well. As a Millenium tie in, I was disappointed. The > > bottom line turned into a great big "was that it?" for me. > Really? I was really looking forward to it once I knew he was in it. We > never got to see all the series of Millennium over here as Sky cancelled it > I believe, or they shoved it on so late that I missed it. I found it quite > a disturbing to watch alot of the time, but it was something different to > the usual run of the mill stuff. Pretty much how I felt about American > Gothic as well. I loved that show to bits, but it was another that got > cancelled I believe. Gary Cole just rocked in it. > > Lisa It wasn't a bad episode. However, I think that it is a story that wouldn't have passed muster on Millenium, but worked well enough for the X-Files. There's quite a bit of extra diaglogue related to the loose ends of Millenium, so it may be worth it just for that. But if you didn't see what passed for the end of Millenium, it may be a bit confusing as well. Tell us what you thought of it when you do actually see it, though. It has good character moments, but what I remember most was the basic plot line, and I found that to be lacking. -- later... b.t.s. occassionally, I'm callous and strange - btvs

Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in article > The next ep here is the one with Frank Black in it and Mulder kissing > Scully. Is it as good as I'm hoping or should I prepare for disappointment? I liked Millenium a lot as well and was somewhat disappointed in the plot. Frank's character was treated ok. Let me put it this way, as an X-Files episode, given its recent track record in quality, it was pretty good. The kiss was good as well. As a Millenium tie in, I was disappointed. The bottom line turned into a great big "was that it?" for me. My other impression was that this was Chris Carter's way of giving a dig at Fox for canceling the show. It seemed to all be a little self indulgent on the part of CC. > I absolutely loved Millennium and am thrilled that this ep has been made, > but I have been excited too many times in the past, so now I'm a little > wary. > > Lisa I wasn't bored during it or pissed/annoyed after it, so I guess it was pretty good.<g> -- later... b.t.s. occassionally, I'm callous and strange - btvs

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

"BTS" <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net> wrote in message news:01bf9f0b$a53c1ca0$a5e62fd8@bs... > > > Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in article > > > The next ep here is the one with Frank Black in it and Mulder kissing > > Scully. Is it as good as I'm hoping or should I prepare for > disappointment? > > I liked Millenium a lot as well and was somewhat disappointed in the plot. > Frank's character was treated ok. Let me put it this way, as an X-Files > episode, given its recent track record in quality, it was pretty good. The > kiss was good as well. As a Millenium tie in, I was disappointed. The > bottom line turned into a great big "was that it?" for me. Really? I was really looking forward to it once I knew he was in it. We never got to see all the series of Millennium over here as Sky cancelled it I believe, or they shoved it on so late that I missed it. I found it quite a disturbing to watch alot of the time, but it was something different to the usual run of the mill stuff. Pretty much how I felt about American Gothic as well. I loved that show to bits, but it was another that got cancelled I believe. Gary Cole just rocked in it. Lisa

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Lisa" <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message news:QLDG4.8245 > > LOL! Believe it or not I'm far more looking forward to the Frank Black bit > than I am about Mulder and Scully, she could just never be worthy of him and > so should never. ever be allowed to have him! > Scully not WORTHY??? She is more than worthy of ANY man! *grrrrr* HE isn't worthy of HER... half the time he just doesn't appreciate her... -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

"Arlie" <arlie88@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message news:20000405063532.14368.00002399@ng-md1.aol.com... > >> LOL! Believe it or not I'm far more looking forward to the Frank Black bit > than I am about Mulder and Scully, she could just never be worthy of him and > so should never. ever be allowed to have him! << > > I feel the opposite. Scully deserves better than Mulder, who's already ruined > her life enough as it is. She used to be a normal woman, with a family and a > social life and all that. Now, thanks to Mulder, both her only sister and her > dog are dead, and she spends her Saturday nights eating ice cream out of the > carton. When she's not working. > > And he doesn't even appreciate her, ditching her at the slightest provocation. > Grrr. > > You know, come to think of it, Mulder/Scully reminds me a lot of Paris/Torres. > > LOL, you have a point there <g>

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

The next ep here is the one with Frank Black in it and Mulder kissing Scully. Is it as good as I'm hoping or should I prepare for disappointment? I absolutely loved Millennium and am thrilled that this ep has been made, but I have been excited too many times in the past, so now I'm a little wary. Lisa

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (Robrey <robrey@mailbag.com>)

Lisa wrote: > > The next ep here is the one with Frank Black in it and Mulder kissing > Scully. Is it as good as I'm hoping or should I prepare for disappointment? > It is quite a good ep...though not because Mulder and Scully kiss... FEMALES!! <g> > I absolutely loved Millennium and am thrilled that this ep has been made, > but I have been excited too many times in the past, so now I'm a little > wary. > You shouldn't be disappointed. And the distaff half thought it was quite a *nice* kiss... :) Cordially, Robrey -- "It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat" --Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

"Robrey" <robrey@mailbag.com> wrote in message news:38EB0D28.C4ADC38F@mailbag.com... > Lisa wrote: > > > > The next ep here is the one with Frank Black in it and Mulder kissing > > Scully. Is it as good as I'm hoping or should I prepare for disappointment? > > > It is quite a good ep...though not because Mulder and Scully kiss... > FEMALES!! <g> LOL! Believe it or not I'm far more looking forward to the Frank Black bit than I am about Mulder and Scully, she could just never be worthy of him and so should never. ever be allowed to have him! > > > I absolutely loved Millennium and am thrilled that this ep has been made, > > but I have been excited too many times in the past, so now I'm a little > > wary. > > > You shouldn't be disappointed. And the distaff half thought it was > quite a *nice* kiss... :) Good enough, I would have hated to see them ruin Frank Black, although seeing as both progs are done by Chris, I didnt think it would be a problem. I've read that Frank is trying to get custody of his daughter and that Mulder helps him. Is this true? Lisa

Lisa wrote: > > "Robrey" <robrey@mailbag.com> wrote in message > news:38EB0D28.C4ADC38F@mailbag.com... > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > > The next ep here is the one with Frank Black in it and Mulder kissing > > > Scully. Is it as good as I'm hoping or should I prepare for > disappointment? > > > > > It is quite a good ep...though not because Mulder and Scully kiss... > > FEMALES!! <g> > > LOL! Believe it or not I'm far more looking forward to the Frank Black bit > than I am about Mulder and Scully, she could just never be worthy of him and > so should never. ever be allowed to have him! > ROTFL!!!!! I like Mulder best too, though hardly because I want to lick the lint out of his belly button! <g> Scully makes a good foil for him, and is one of the better representations of a woman on TV I recall. > > > > > I absolutely loved Millennium and am thrilled that this ep has been > made, > > > but I have been excited too many times in the past, so now I'm a little > > > wary. > > > > > You shouldn't be disappointed. And the distaff half thought it was > > quite a *nice* kiss... :) > > Good enough, I would have hated to see them ruin Frank Black, although > seeing as both progs are done by Chris, I didnt think it would be a problem. > I've read that Frank is trying to get custody of his daughter and that > Mulder helps him. Is this true? > I've never watched Millennium, so I wasn't much interested in him. If that's a big part of it to you, you may be disappointed, because he's not really the biggest part of the story. There *is* a nice scene with his daughter though, but I won't give away more... <g> Cordially, Robrey -- "It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat" --Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

>> LOL! Believe it or not I'm far more looking forward to the Frank Black bit than I am about Mulder and Scully, she could just never be worthy of him and so should never. ever be allowed to have him! << I feel the opposite. Scully deserves better than Mulder, who's already ruined her life enough as it is. She used to be a normal woman, with a family and a social life and all that. Now, thanks to Mulder, both her only sister and her dog are dead, and she spends her Saturday nights eating ice cream out of the carton. When she's not working. And he doesn't even appreciate her, ditching her at the slightest provocation. Grrr. You know, come to think of it, Mulder/Scully reminds me a lot of Paris/Torres. -- Arlie

2000-04-06 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Lisa" <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message news:zSWG4.9385 > That cute and cuddly red head fan said > > > > Lisa, You are WRONG. Mulder count EVER be worthy of a goddess like > > Scully/Anderson. > > ROTFLOL! > > In your dreams chummy! > SCULLY RULES! And don't you forget it! -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-06 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (Ann Johnson <Johnson.Ann@att.net>)

"Arlie" <arlie88@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message news:20000405063532.14368.00002399@ng-md1.aol.com... > >> LOL! Believe it or not I'm far more looking forward to the Frank Black bit > than I am about Mulder and Scully, she could just never be worthy of him and > so should never. ever be allowed to have him! << > > I feel the opposite. Scully deserves better than Mulder, who's already ruined > her life enough as it is. She used to be a normal woman, with a family and a > social life and all that. Now, thanks to Mulder, both her only sister and her > dog are dead, and she spends her Saturday nights eating ice cream out of the > carton. When she's not working. > > And he doesn't even appreciate her, ditching her at the slightest provocation. And if you look closely, one episode he's eager to get Scully off the phone so he can go into a strip club. Then there's the call on his answering machine from the phone sex bimbo who was calling to ask if he was okay because she hadn't heard from him in a while.

2000-04-06 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

That cute and cuddly red head fan said > Poor Deluded Lisa wroted... > > > LOL! Believe it or not I'm far more looking forward to the Frank Black bit > > than I am about Mulder and Scully, she could just never be worthy of him > and > > so should never. ever be allowed to have him! > > Lisa, You are WRONG. Mulder count EVER be worthy of a goddess like > Scully/Anderson. ROTFLOL! In your dreams chummy!

2000-04-06 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

"Arlie" <arlie88@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message news:20000406072649.18662.00000009@ng-cg1.aol.com... > >> And if you look closely, one episode he's eager to get Scully off the phone > so he can go into a strip club. Then there's the call on his answering > machine from the phone sex bimbo who was calling to ask if he was okay > because she hadn't heard from him in a while. << > > I actually didn't mind that. It was funny and harmless. Mulder's fondness for > porn is well established, and it's not like he is or ever was dating Scully. I think its quite cute the way he likes porn so much. > > What bugs me is episodes like "Herrenvolk," where he takes off, leaving Scully > to deal with a not-quite-dead bounty hunter, even though she's screaming at him > to wait. And episodes like "Tunguska," where he orders her around like she's > his personal slave, then takes off to gallivant around Russia with Krycek for > two weeks, leaving Scully to face jail time and a senate subcommittee. The > punk! He could at least call. <g> He's incredibly selfish and short sighted I'm afraid, hell bent on his own agenda and even Scully bears the brunt of it I'm afraid. > > Nope, I'm afraid Mulder's often not a very good friend to Scully. She's be > nuts to consider him as boyfriend material. You just know she'd end up > fetching him beer and popcorn, while he ignored her to watch old reruns on TV. LOL, now that sounds familiar.....

2000-04-07 00:00:00 - Re: Slightly OT - X-Files ep info wanted - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Lisa" <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message > > He's incredibly selfish and short sighted I'm afraid, hell bent on his own > agenda and even Scully bears the brunt of it I'm afraid. > Scully could do much better... ;-) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950