FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - ("lurker@home" <bluesbird@crosswinds.net>)

XRavenSoul wrote in message <20000511002942.28982.00002477@ng-fk1.aol.com>... >I realized this after watching "Life Line". It was a horrible episode but >hardly the first one to be so horrible. It was a difficult episode, because it was a necessary transition toward contact with the Federation. It advanced some relationships and it surfaced some of the problems that the crew will face when they get home. There were rough spots, things that could have been handled better, but overall it was an ok ep. >As a teen and young adult I was >captivated by reruns of TOS and then new episodes of TNG. Once I am hooked to a >show (or franchise as is the case here) I become fiercely loyal. Very loyal. I'm not. When TNG came along I didn't like the soap opera format and wandered away. I still haven't seen most episodes of that series, or of DS9, although each show has a couple of my favorite ST characters in it. I don't give up on a franchise, but if I don't like a series I'm not about to flog myself into watching it. >Perhaps a little too loyal. I would give a show zillions of chances. I have sat >through season after dreadful season of Voyager (and some of those dreadful DS9 >seasons) and have only missed 2 episodes in my life (both from Voyager's >current season). I am starting to think it is because I am compulsive and/or >obssessive because I do not particularly enjoy watching these sub-standard >shows week after week. > Every show is substandard if you set your standards high enough. I guess I have substandard standards, cuz I thoroughly enjoyed this one, flaws and all. I hope I never reach a point where I demand perfection -- I'll start to resemble Doc's pappy......... >However, enough is enough! I can no longer call myself a Trekker. Tonight's >episode was routine, boring, and non-visionary. Why do I even watch this? I Bye! Don't forget to write! >guess it is my subconscious hope that the franchise will one day return to the >"glory days" (which admitedly is relative and different for each person). This >subconscious desire has kept me loyal to the franchise way past the end of my >"glory days" period. "Life Line" was just your typical run in the mill bad >episode. It was not a "Spock's Brain" by any stretch but it was enough to be >the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. > I remember a show from the "glory days" that featured a giant fist appearing in space and punching out the Enterprise. Think I'll go back and watch that one.......or maybe the one where Greek gods were living on a tiny planet, doomed to be powerless because nobody believed in them anymore....... >It has been less than three hours since I realized that I am no longer a >Trekker. I just felt the need to tell the world. I might be several years late >in saying this but STAR TREK IS DEAD!!!!! So that's what I just found in my cat's box...........

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (Ann Johnson <Johnson.Ann@att.net>)

Well, bye now. "XRavenSoul" <xravensoul@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000511002942.28982.00002477@ng-fk1.aol.com... > I realized this after watching "Life Line". It was a horrible episode but > hardly the first one to be so horrible. As a teen and young adult I was > captivated by reruns of TOS and then new episodes of TNG. Once I am hooked to a > show (or franchise as is the case here) I become fiercely loyal. Very loyal. > Perhaps a little too loyal. I would give a show zillions of chances. I have sat > through season after dreadful season of Voyager (and some of those dreadful DS9 > seasons) and have only missed 2 episodes in my life (both from Voyager's > current season). I am starting to think it is because I am compulsive and/or > obssessive because I do not particularly enjoy watching these sub-standard > shows week after week. > > However, enough is enough! I can no longer call myself a Trekker. Tonight's > episode was routine, boring, and non-visionary. Why do I even watch this? I > guess it is my subconscious hope that the franchise will one day return to the > "glory days" (which admitedly is relative and different for each person). This > subconscious desire has kept me loyal to the franchise way past the end of my > "glory days" period. "Life Line" was just your typical run in the mill bad > episode. It was not a "Spock's Brain" by any stretch but it was enough to be > the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. > > It has been less than three hours since I realized that I am no longer a > Trekker. I just felt the need to tell the world. I might be several years late > in saying this but STAR TREK IS DEAD!!!!! > > RaVeN's Trekdom > 1985--May 10, 2000

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - ("Mr. Savoy!!!!" <picardmaneuver@startrekmail.com>)

lol. -- CHECK THIS OUT.....Thank me later:):):):) http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10575853 <janettttt@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8fdia3$1p2$1@nnrp1.deja.com... > In article <20000511002942.28982.00002477@ng-fk1.aol.com>, > xravensoul@aol.com (XRavenSoul) wrote: > > I realized this after watching "Life Line". It was a horrible episode but > > hardly the first one to be so horrible. As a teen and young adult I was > > captivated by reruns of TOS and then new episodes of TNG. Once I am hooked to a > > show (or franchise as is the case here) I become fiercely loyal. Very loyal. > > Perhaps a little too loyal. I would give a show zillions of chances. I have sat > > through season after dreadful season of Voyager (and some of those dreadful DS9 > > seasons) and have only missed 2 episodes in my life (both from Voyager's > > current season). I am starting to think it is because I am compulsive and/or > > obssessive because I do not particularly enjoy watching these sub-standard > > shows week after week. > > > > However, enough is enough! I can no longer call myself a Trekker. Tonight's > > episode was routine, boring, and non-visionary. Why do I even watch this? I > > guess it is my subconscious hope that the franchise will one day return to the > > "glory days" (which admitedly is relative and different for each person). This > > subconscious desire has kept me loyal to the franchise way past the end of my > > "glory days" period. "Life Line" was just your typical run in the mill bad > > episode. It was not a "Spock's Brain" by any stretch but it was enough to be > > the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. > > > > It has been less than three hours since I realized that I am no longer a > > Trekker. I just felt the need to tell the world. I might be several years late > > in saying this but STAR TREK IS DEAD!!!!! > > > > RaVeN's Trekdom > > 1985--May 10, 2000 > > > > > > Man, shut up bitch. > > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ > Before you buy.

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (xravensoul@aol.com)

[...]

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (John Ro <jrouse1@san.rr.com>)

XRavenSoul wrote: > I realized this after watching "Life Line". It was a horrible episode but > hardly the first one to be so horrible. As a teen and young adult I was > captivated by reruns of TOS and then new episodes of TNG. Once I am hooked to a > show (or franchise as is the case here) I become fiercely loyal. Very loyal. > Perhaps a little too loyal. I would give a show zillions of chances. I have sat > through season after dreadful season of Voyager (and some of those dreadful DS9 > seasons) and have only missed 2 episodes in my life (both from Voyager's > current season). I am starting to think it is because I am compulsive and/or > obssessive because I do not particularly enjoy watching these sub-standard > shows week after week. I really enjoyed this episode. The bickering between Doc and his creator was fiercely entertaining IMO. > However, enough is enough! I can no longer call myself a Trekker. Tonight's > episode was routine, boring, and non-visionary. Why do I even watch this? I > guess it is my subconscious hope that the franchise will one day return to the > "glory days" (which admitedly is relative and different for each person). This > subconscious desire has kept me loyal to the franchise way past the end of my > "glory days" period. "Life Line" was just your typical run in the mill bad > episode. It was not a "Spock's Brain" by any stretch but it was enough to be > the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. I watch this because for one thing the ill human doctors's female holographic assistant gave a damn fine performance in her devotion to her boss. And she's cute, too. > It has been less than three hours since I realized that I am no longer a > Trekker. I just felt the need to tell the world. I might be several years late > in saying this but STAR TREK IS DEAD!!!!! I am One, gaining Borg abilities at an exponential rate, so I now proclaim Star Trek undead for you! And no Borg waning power/wimp jokes. John Ro

2000-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (janettttt@my-deja.com)

[...]

2000-05-12 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (kalelfan@aol.com)

In article <20000511002942.28982.00002477@ng-fk1.aol.com>, xravensoul@aol.com (XRavenSoul) writes: >I realized this after watching "Life Line". It was a horrible episode... This was a great episode. I've been a Trekker for 33 years, 8 months, :-), and I'd put it in the top 10% of Voyager episodes, top 20% of all Star Trek. The franchise is having its problems, and so is Voyager of course, but I don't know why in the world anyone would leave after an episode like this one. KalElFan@aol.com

2000-05-13 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (Kyle Heyman <heyman@apk.net>)

Whatever man. I agree that the earlier shows were best but the new ones hardly suck. I enjoy watching ANY Voyager ep. -- The K-Man "XRavenSoul" <xravensoul@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000511002942.28982.00002477@ng-fk1.aol.com... > I realized this after watching "Life Line". It was a horrible episode but > hardly the first one to be so horrible. As a teen and young adult I was > captivated by reruns of TOS and then new episodes of TNG. Once I am hooked to a > show (or franchise as is the case here) I become fiercely loyal. Very loyal. > Perhaps a little too loyal. I would give a show zillions of chances. I have sat > through season after dreadful season of Voyager (and some of those dreadful DS9 > seasons) and have only missed 2 episodes in my life (both from Voyager's > current season). I am starting to think it is because I am compulsive and/or > obssessive because I do not particularly enjoy watching these sub-standard > shows week after week. > > However, enough is enough! I can no longer call myself a Trekker. Tonight's > episode was routine, boring, and non-visionary. Why do I even watch this? I > guess it is my subconscious hope that the franchise will one day return to the > "glory days" (which admitedly is relative and different for each person). This > subconscious desire has kept me loyal to the franchise way past the end of my > "glory days" period. "Life Line" was just your typical run in the mill bad > episode. It was not a "Spock's Brain" by any stretch but it was enough to be > the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. > > It has been less than three hours since I realized that I am no longer a > Trekker. I just felt the need to tell the world. I might be several years late > in saying this but STAR TREK IS DEAD!!!!! > > RaVeN's Trekdom > 1985--May 10, 2000

2000-05-13 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (BD <patrick67REMOVE@worldnet.att.net>)

Actually, I would rate this one on a higher level than many, especially the previous two, of which I am still searching for a plot. Remember though, that after so many years of shows, original plots are harder to come by. DS9 gave us more to think about than Voyager has, the final episode excluded, and they have had some hokey ploys on Voyager, and lets face it, in each of the series, but all-in-all, I still like the series, and I will continue to watch if they do make a new series. As another poster noted, if your standards are too high, you WILL be disappointed, just as many were with the new Star Wars film (I am not getting into a debate on this one here though).

2000-05-16 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (Francis_m@wxs.nl)

On 11 May 2000 04:29:42 GMT xravensoul@aol.com (XRavenSoul) wrote in article <20000511002942.28982.00002477@ng-fk1.aol.com>: > I realized this after watching "Life Line". 15 years? It "only" took me about 12 1/2. I became a fan when I first got to see TOS from mid-1984 through late 1985 (approximately). I basically stopped calling myself a fan during the horrible seasons 3 of Voyager and 5 of DS9, not to mention the atrocity that was "First Contact". > It was a horrible episode but > hardly the first one to be so horrible. As a teen and young adult I was > captivated by reruns of TOS and then new episodes of TNG. Ah, same here, my friend, same here... > Once I am hooked to a > show (or franchise as is the case here) I become fiercely loyal. Very loyal. > Perhaps a little too loyal. I would give a show zillions of chances. I was slightly less forgiving. After 2 1/2 seasons of shitty Voyager, and DS9 taking one of the steepest nosedives in terms of quality during its 5th season I've ever seen on a TV show, FC basically turned out to be the limit. Yes, I once was a fan. Yes, DS9 did have some nice shows after its 5th season, and yes, I still like TOS and TNG, but I'm not a fan of the overall franchise anymore. Thanks mostly to Voy, there simply is way too much shit among all the hours of Trek to take the whole thing very seriously, or like it very much. > However, enough is enough! I can no longer call myself a Trekker. Tonight's > episode was routine, boring, and non-visionary. Why do I even watch this? I'm developing similar feelings towards "Angel" and "Buffy" at the moment. > I > guess it is my subconscious hope that the franchise will one day return to the > "glory days" (which admitedly is relative and different for each person). This > subconscious desire has kept me loyal to the franchise way past the end of my > "glory days" period. "Life Line" was just your typical run in the mill bad > episode. It was not a "Spock's Brain" by any stretch but it was enough to be > the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. > > It has been less than three hours since I realized that I am no longer a > Trekker. I just felt the need to tell the world. I might be several years late > in saying this but STAR TREK IS DEAD!!!!! Has been since late '96, IMO... Maarten Munter - - - - - - - -

2000-05-16 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

I have to disagree with you both on so many levels. I think voyager is a great show. I saw nothing wrong with life line unless you are not a doctor fan. Now Ds9 got bad in the last couple of seasons, but i still liked it because of the characters. I Lliked Tng also, wasn't always the greatest ( first two seasons werent perfect ). But no show is perfect. You guys didn't explain why you dont't watch it. Calling it shitty does not explain it. What was wrong with life line? Michele "You're both jerks!" - Deanna Troi

2000-05-18 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (LadyJane <LadyJane@bebows.com>)

In Lifefline she said it to Dr. Zimmerman and the HoloDoc On Thu, 18 May 2000 15:19:10 GMT, Francis_m@wxs.Netherlands (Francis Martinstein) wrote: >> "You're both jerks!" - Deanna Troi > > Did she really say that, or is that just directed at the two >of us? ; - ))

2000-05-18 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (LadyJane <LadyJane@bebows.com>)

Poor you.. One of the worst Star Trek episodes I had watched was the one about the kids in TOS with Melvin Belli as the bad guy. SUCKS...I still hate that episode and won't watch it to this day. Fortunately for me, I still like almost all of TOS, Next Gen but just could not get into DS9. Sisko looked pissed off every time I tried to watch it. But I still consider myself a Trekkie (Me an older viewer does not like having what I am called changed without my permission. Trekkie NOT Trekker thank you very much...) I hope you change your mind and come back to the fold. On 11 May 2000 04:29:42 GMT, xravensoul@aol.com (XRavenSoul) wrote: >I realized this after watching "Life Line". It was a horrible episode but >hardly the first one to be so horrible. As a teen and young adult I was >captivated by reruns of TOS and then new episodes of TNG. Once I am hooked to a >show (or franchise as is the case here) I become fiercely loyal. Very loyal. >Perhaps a little too loyal. I would give a show zillions of chances. I have sat >through season after dreadful season of Voyager (and some of those dreadful DS9 >seasons) and have only missed 2 episodes in my life (both from Voyager's >current season). I am starting to think it is because I am compulsive and/or >obssessive because I do not particularly enjoy watching these sub-standard >shows week after week. > >However, enough is enough! I can no longer call myself a Trekker. Tonight's >episode was routine, boring, and non-visionary. Why do I even watch this? I >guess it is my subconscious hope that the franchise will one day return to the >"glory days" (which admitedly is relative and different for each person). This >subconscious desire has kept me loyal to the franchise way past the end of my >"glory days" period. "Life Line" was just your typical run in the mill bad >episode. It was not a "Spock's Brain" by any stretch but it was enough to be >the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. > >It has been less than three hours since I realized that I am no longer a >Trekker. I just felt the need to tell the world. I might be several years late >in saying this but STAR TREK IS DEAD!!!!! > >RaVeN's Trekdom >1985--May 10, 2000

2000-05-18 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (Francis_m@wxs.Netherlands)

On Tue, 16 May 2000 12:41:14 -0700 Michele <belanna@uswest.net> wrote in article <3921A45A.AC81C342@uswest.net>: > I have to disagree with you both on so many levels. That's fair. > I think > voyager is a great show. I saw nothing wrong with life line > unless you are not a doctor fan. I wasn't specifically referring to that episode, as I haven't seen it yet. It was more the general tone of the post I agreed with. > Now Ds9 got bad in the last > couple of seasons, Couldn't agree more. > but i still liked it because of the > characters. Same here. > I Lliked Tng also, wasn't always the greatest ( > first two seasons werent perfect ). But no show is perfect. > You guys didn't explain why you dont't watch it. I've got 3.32 Megabytes of posts saved on why Voyager bites wind. Want me to zip it all and mail it to you? > Calling it > shitty does not explain it. As I said, it was more a general mood post. > What was wrong with life line? Probably lots, since there hasn't been a good Voy ep since "Unity" all the way up till the tenth ep of season 6, IMGO. If I ever get to see it I might get back to you. That okay? > > > Michele > > "You're both jerks!" - Deanna Troi Did she really say that, or is that just directed at the two of us? ; - )) Francis M'stein (Replace 'Netherlands' with 'nl' to email) - - - - - - - - "I think the self-destruct mechanism got hit and blew itself up...'

2000-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

Perilous doth write thus: >A few question. If all these people hate the curent versions of ST so much, >Why do you even watch it? Hate might be too strong a word, for most of us, anyway. "Disappointment" is a more accurate term. >And Why do you post here about how bad it is? Because this is the newsgroup to discuss "Voyager." They get tetchy when I post songs about redshirted lemmings in sci.physics. <G> >Would >it not be better to find a show you do like, and talk about it there? We try to like "Voyager." I often do like it, but I can remember when Trek was a show I could love, when it was one of the best on TV- and arguably *the* best sci fi show. The Counsellors would call it "tough love." <EG> >I enjoy TREK. In all its incarnations. Yes, some of the episodes durning all >the series were bad, and and about half the movies were not as good as the >could/should have been. This is true of all forms of entertainment, and even >life. All well and true, *but* Vger has had a far higher proportion of bombs than any other Trek series. >I come here to talk to others about it. Just as we do. >I agree that the 'net is open >to >all, and all opinions. Just as this NG is. A friend might love an episode that I flame as *SUCKING* like the cold hard vacuum of space itself, or vice versa. Such is Usednet. ***************************************** "Insanity is a part of the times, Vir: You must learn to *embrace* the madness!!" Londo Mollari

2000-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com>)

"Perilious" <perilious@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000526001555.05300.00000103@ng-fn1.aol.com... > Forgive me for not coping all the previous post, I dint want to atribute the > wrong quotes to the incorect people. > A few question. If all these people hate the curent versions of ST so much, > Why do you even watch it? Because its Trek and it isnt all bad, there is often a glimpse of what it could and should be like more often. >And Why do you post here about how bad it is? KalElFan would be very cross if we went and posted off topic in alt.tv.Teletubbies. >Would > it not be better to find a show you do like, and talk about it there? I don't > get into BUFFY, so I don't watch it, I don't go onto alt.buffy and bitch about > hating it, I simply choose to not make it part of my life. That is extremely sensible of you. > > I enjoy TREK. In all its incarnations. Yes, some of the episodes durning all > the series were bad, and and about half the movies were not as good as the > could/should have been. This is true of all forms of entertainment, and even > life. I come here to talk to others about it. I agree that the 'net is open to > all, and all opinions. > > > But if you hate it all, geeze, why bother? Um, not actually too sure who you thinks hates it?? We discuss it and debate it, but everyone has something they like and dislike about it, which is like life in general. I cant think of anything more dull than an ng full of people twittering on how wonderful something was.

2000-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: After 15 years I'm no longer a Trekker! - (perilious@aol.com)

Forgive me for not coping all the previous post, I dint want to atribute the wrong quotes to the incorect people. A few question. If all these people hate the curent versions of ST so much, Why do you even watch it? And Why do you post here about how bad it is? Would it not be better to find a show you do like, and talk about it there? I don't get into BUFFY, so I don't watch it, I don't go onto alt.buffy and bitch about hating it, I simply choose to not make it part of my life. I enjoy TREK. In all its incarnations. Yes, some of the episodes durning all the series were bad, and and about half the movies were not as good as the could/should have been. This is true of all forms of entertainment, and even life. I come here to talk to others about it. I agree that the 'net is open to all, and all opinions. But if you hate it all, geeze, why bother? Just curious. Thanks, Eddie. Peril Peril. Go, Go, Godzilla!!!