FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-29 00:00:00 - Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Happy Memorial Day! Has the Federation built a memorial to the people who died during the Dominion War?

2000-05-30 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (Evil Troll <Evil_member@newsguy.com>)

In article <3934574f.2731992@news.bellatlantic.net>, thomas42@bellatlantic.net says... > >Here's a question to ponder. > >If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the >memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should >it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? > >My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. A statue of a knight slaying a mighty dragon.

2000-05-30 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelman@ameritech.net>)

In article <3934574f.2731992@news.bellatlantic.net>, thomas42@bellatlantic.net (Thomas j. Evans) wrote: >Here's a question to ponder. > >If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the >memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should >it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? > >My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. > A statue of Jadzia. ----- RH (a.k.a. Wesley Crusher) * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-05-30 00:00:00 - Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (thomas42@bellatlantic.net)

Here's a question to ponder. If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. -T

2000-05-30 00:00:00 - Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead - (Evil Troll <Evil_member@newsguy.com>)

In article <39335769.1378ABA2@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>, Tim says... > >Happy Memorial Day! Has the Federation built a memorial to the people >who died during the Dominion War? Canon doesn't tell us anything, but I don't see why the Fed wouldn't. The War was an important time in Federation history, so it makes sense for the UFP to commemorate the dead of that war in some way.

2000-05-31 00:00:00 - Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead - ("David E. Powell" <David_Powell3006@email.msn.com>)

Prolly not, they forgot them when they signed the peace deal anyhow, instead of following up their advantage and putting paid to the bastards. Shaka Zulu was right. Never, ever, leave an enemy behind you, for they may rise up and strike at your back. Feds getting goody-goody = dead feds, just like in the Mirror Universe. "I know I'm right." - Benjamin Maxwell, The Phoenix, TNG. "Doctor, I'm beginning to think there may be hope for you yet." - Garak, "Our Man Bashir," DS9.

2000-05-31 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

Bozo the Evil Klown wrote: > > Thomas J. Evans doth write thus: > > >Here's a question to ponder. > > > >If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the > >memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should > >it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? > > > > >Here's a question to ponder. > > > >If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the > >memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should > >it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? > > I would build a forest of columns in a triangular array, representing the > Federation-Klingon-Romulan alliance. Inscribed on the columns would be the > names of *everyone* who fell in the war. The columns would be topped with > models of the various ship types used, and around the tops of the columns, in > various languages, "THESE WHO HAVE LEARNED THE PRICE OF PEACE." > > Hey, it was either that or a statue of Sloan kicking over a bucket of Founder. LOL. I like that...

2000-05-31 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelman@ameritech.net>)

In article <3935286B.2D7A@yahoo.com>, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >Thomas j. Evans wrote: >> >> Here's a question to ponder. >> >> If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the >> memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should >> it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? >> >> My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. > > >A picture of me vomiting in front of the television set as I watch that >crappy show. > > Steve, man. You really need to quit getting DS9 and Voyager mixed up. ----- RH (a.k.a. Wesley Crusher) * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-05-31 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Evil Troll" <Evil_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:8h2fo0$2tsc@drn.newsguy.com... > In article <ON1Z4.3332$fq2.399800@nnrp4.clara.net>, "EvilBill[AGQx]" says... > > > >*THUD* > >:) > > Have you no respect for the dead?? :-( > She isn't dead yet here! We're still in Season 6! -- This .sig is under construction. Please be patient.

2000-05-31 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (Evil Troll <Evil_member@newsguy.com>)

In article <3935286B.2D7A@yahoo.com>, Steve says... > >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >Thomas j. Evans wrote: >> >> Here's a question to ponder. >> >> If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the >> memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should >> it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? >> >> My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. > > >A picture of me vomiting in front of the television set as I watch that >crappy show. [slaps Steve a little]

2000-05-31 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

Thomas J. Evans doth write thus: >Here's a question to ponder. > >If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the >memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should >it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? > >Here's a question to ponder. > >If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the >memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should >it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? I would build a forest of columns in a triangular array, representing the Federation-Klingon-Romulan alliance. Inscribed on the columns would be the names of *everyone* who fell in the war. The columns would be topped with models of the various ship types used, and around the tops of the columns, in various languages, "THESE WHO HAVE LEARNED THE PRICE OF PEACE." Hey, it was either that or a statue of Sloan kicking over a bucket of Founder. ***************************************** "Insanity is a part of the times, Vir: You must learn to *embrace* the madness!!" Londo Mollari

"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelman@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:349abf68.86d98d0f@usw-ex0106-046.remarq.com... > In article <3934574f.2731992@news.bellatlantic.net>, > thomas42@bellatlantic.net (Thomas j. Evans) wrote: > > > >My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. > > > > A statue of Jadzia. > *THUD* :) -- This .sig is under construction. Please be patient.

2000-05-31 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (Evil Troll <Evil_member@newsguy.com>)

In article <ON1Z4.3332$fq2.399800@nnrp4.clara.net>, "EvilBill[AGQx]" says... > >"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelman@ameritech.net> wrote in message >news:349abf68.86d98d0f@usw-ex0106-046.remarq.com... >> In article <3934574f.2731992@news.bellatlantic.net>, >> thomas42@bellatlantic.net (Thomas j. Evans) wrote: >> > >> >My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. >> > >> >> A statue of Jadzia. >> > >*THUD* >:) Have you no respect for the dead?? :-(

2000-05-31 00:00:00 - Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead - (andre bennett <sinbad@buggs.net>)

How about a glass of syntahol with an empty phaser bank power cell Tim Bruening wrote in message <39335769.1378ABA2@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>... >Happy Memorial Day! Has the Federation built a memorial to the people >who died during the Dominion War? > > >

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (Terry <Terry.Glover@bt.com>)

DAVID SLAYING GOLIATH OF COURSE!!!!!!! "Thomas j. Evans" wrote: > Here's a question to ponder. > > If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the > memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should > it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? > > My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. > > -T

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - ("Rika; CMO" <fizjazz@NOSPAMican.net>)

Terry <Terry.Glover@bt.com> wrote in message news:3936465A.1F3F5D42@bt.com... > DAVID SLAYING GOLIATH OF COURSE!!!!!!! *eyebrow* -- - Rika I'm normal. It's just the rest of then world that's weird. ====== Apprentice to the Great Evil Shamaness PAWS Mango's Owner and Mentor Second evillest member of ATSTNG Chief Medical Officer and First Officer of the USS Embassy Owner of Xena_Fanfiction@eGroups.com Remove 'NOSPAM' from addy to reply via e-mail ======

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelman@ameritech.net>)

In article <W%AZ4.4084$fq2.497198@nnrp4.clara.net>, "EvilBill [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >"thesiskoisofbajor" <rhimpelman@ameritech.net> wrote in message >news:39ee02c6.ec31057c@usw-ex0104- >> In article <9JyZ4.4003$fq2.483060@nnrp4.clara.net>, "EvilBill >> [AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote: >> > >> >She is dead now :( >> >"Tears of the Prophets" was tonight's ep. >> > >> >I always liked Dax, too... >> >> Don't worry. There's still Ezri. Oh, and be open-minded about >> her. I thought I wasn't gonna like her, but now I think she's >> every bit as good if not better than Jadzia. >> > >Well, I'll keep an open mind... but I did like Jadzia... > Who didn't? ----- RH (a.k.a. Wesley Crusher) * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Brian Barjenbruch" <brianb1@home.com> wrote in message news:010620001124335453%brianb1@home.com... > > > Have you no respect for the dead?? :-( > > > > > She isn't dead yet here! > > She's getting better! > She is dead now :( "Tears of the Prophets" was tonight's ep. I always liked Dax, too... -- This .sig is under construction. Please be patient.

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (Abdul Alhazred <TheFork@utensils.org>)

How about a holo of the Odyssey flanked by the two runabouts entering the wormhole? It was the first major Federation vessel lost.

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (TC <yewston@ix.REMOVE.netcom.com>)

"EvilBill[AGQx]" wrote ... > > She is dead now :( > "Tears of the Prophets" was tonight's ep. > > I always liked Dax, too... Jadzia is dead. Dax goes on. > This .sig is under construction. Please be patient. > >

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (tsalonie@alpha.hut.fi)

In article <8h4vlq$qi5@paperboy.world-net.net> "Abdul Alhazred" <TheFork@utensils.org> writes: >How about a holo of the Odyssey flanked by the two runabouts entering the >wormhole? It was the first major Federation vessel lost. Actually, history might record that the first major loss was actually USS Proxima, a Nebula class ship listed lost in Gamma in "In Purgatory's Shadow". It is very likely that this ship went to Gamma well before the destruction of the Odyssey - why would she have ventured into Dominion territory AFTER the discovery of this hostile race? She could have been destroyed during the first two seasons, and could have had far more crew aboard than did the partially evacuated Odyssey. Or then history might go to show that the Proxima simply ran into a big asteroid in Gamma all by herself... Other major pre-Odyssey losses would include the Bajoran colony slaughtered by the Jem'Hadar, or any number of Klingon exploration vessels. Granted, the Jem'Hadar guard said to Sisko that he had not yet encountered a Klingon, but he was probably only speaking for himself (he did know who the Klingons were, so probably some other Jemmies had had the chance to fight with them already). And the Klingons did use big ships for Gamma exploration, as witnessed by the Vor'Cha destroyed back in "Dramatis Personae". If we are speaking of losses during actual, declared war, we simply do not know which UFP or Klingon or other Alpha ship perished first. The Jem'Hadar were destroying UFP ships well before the declaration of war already. Hmm. Perhaps DS9 itself could be preserved as a memorial, a museum of some sort, after it becomes outdated in its original role of wormhole guardian? Timo Saloniemi

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - (CAPT Apathy <yuckmail1@juno.com>)

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Dominion War Monument (was Re: Memorial Day and memorial to Dominion War dead) - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

On 30 May 2000 22:42:25 -0700, Evil Troll <Evil_member@newsguy.com> wrote: >In article <3934574f.2731992@news.bellatlantic.net>, thomas42@bellatlantic.net >says... >> >>Here's a question to ponder. >> >>If the Federation decided to build a monument to commemorate the >>memories of all those who died in the Dominion War, what shape should >>it take? A statue of Sisko? A piece of the destroyed Defiant? >> >>My suggestion: A Holographic image of the wormhole. > >A statue of a knight slaying a mighty dragon. Dude, that's cornier than a Tennessee moonshine still. -LMB