FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

His wife died. He had to be dragged away from her dead body. This was shown either in the first episode of DS9 or in a flashback he had. Needy wrote: > > Didn't Captain Sisko's wife DIE in that battle? Lets go to the > tape.........yup! Its true, she DID die. I find it hard to believe the Borg > are that good at bringing back people from the dead JUST to be > assimilated...if that was the case, a phaser hit to a borg drone would have > really no effect even if they didn't have those borg shields. And then the > borg would be as fearsome as we once thought they were. > > -BLAH > > ----- > The Defiant- Thank God for Quantum Torpedos! > > Ron Turner wrote in message > <20000524222958.17973.00000106@ng-bd1.aol.com>... > >This whole argument may be meaningless, but I've been wondering. > > > >The Borg have assimilated Starfleet members from the Battle of Wolf 359, > >quickly transporting them to another cube. I doubt the Borg beamed aboard > >ships and attacked/retrieved people. They were fighting a fleet of ships, > >waste of time. > > > >But what if they beamed survivors off of derelict, abandoned ships? No > >shields, no defenses, one zap and they're transported to a cube to be > >assimilated. > > > >Maybe Captain Sisko's abandoned wife, Jennifer, was retrieved in such a > >fashion? > > > >It'd make a the ultimate DS9 movie. Borg try to invade Dominion and > wormhole. > >Prophets release Sisko to deal with this grave threat. Sisko has to deal > with > >his memories of the Borg. But ends up encountering Jennifer Sisko herself. > > > >You'd have great battle scenes (Defiant, Jem'Hadar vs. Borg). The theme of > >vengeance and triumph. Return of old friends. Lots of drama. Even a > tinge of > >sadness, with the Sisko reunitement. > > > ><hoping this idea doesn't get shot down, lol> > > > > > >********************************************* > >In retard mode. Actually got Glenn Close and Susan Sarandon mixed up. > > > >Reading "Mandela: The Authorized Biography" by Anthony Sampson -- Michele "You're both jerks!" - Deanna Troi

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - ("Chris W." <el_capitano@geocities.com>)

"Ron Turner" <rbt859@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message news:20000524222958.17973.00000106@ng-bd1.aol.com... > Maybe Captain Sisko's abandoned wife, Jennifer, was retrieved in such a > fashion? Though I agree that this would make for a fabulous DS9 episode/movie, I think there's a time limit for Borg reanimation of the dead. IIRC, Neelix had 18 or so hours to be revived by Seven's nanoprobes in "Mortal Coil". I'm not sure that the Borg would bother wasting time they should be spending nuking ships to worry about salvaging dead bodies. Maybe after the battle was over, but the Saratoga was destroyed well before the massacre at Wolf 359 was over. Chris W.

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

Karnak66 doth write thus: >>> > Maybe Captain Sisko's abandoned wife, Jennifer, was >retrieved in such a >>> > fashion? >>> >>> Jennifer *died* on board the Saratoga. >>> >> >>And the ship blew up, too. >> >>- >> >> >> >> > >Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the cube which destroyed the >fleet at the end of Best of Both Worlds get destroyed by Data's >"sleep" command and overload? How could a drone have made it back >to the collective from Wolfe 359? Considering their contempt for previous Treks, it's entirely possible that Vger's writers have never seen BOBW- or are deliberately ignoring minor things like the Battlecube blowing up..... Speaking of which, good thing none of their assimilation nanoprobes fell onto a nearby inhabited planet when that happened! ***************************************** "Insanity is a part of the times, Vir: You must learn to *embrace* the madness!!" Londo Mollari

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (Downhill Dreamer <sitting@my.desk.com>)

On Wed, 24 May 2000 19:51:12 -0700, "Chris W." <el_capitano@geocities.com> wrotd: > >"Ron Turner" <rbt859@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message >news:20000524222958.17973.00000106@ng-bd1.aol.com... > >> Maybe Captain Sisko's abandoned wife, Jennifer, was retrieved in such a >> fashion? > >Though I agree that this would make for a fabulous DS9 episode/movie, I >think there's a time limit for Borg reanimation of the dead. IIRC, Neelix >had 18 or so hours to be revived by Seven's nanoprobes in "Mortal Coil". I'm >not sure that the Borg would bother wasting time they should be spending >nuking ships to worry about salvaging dead bodies. Maybe after the battle >was over, but the Saratoga was destroyed well before the massacre at Wolf >359 was over. > >Chris W. Sisko's wife was crushed under bulkheads, as I recall. I just remember how angry he was at Picard because Picard had some responsibility back in his Locutus days.

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (Citizen G'Kar <Narns@allEXCEPTSPAMisurvey.freeserve.co.uk>)

No, she was killed by a falling bit of the ceiling, then the ship blew up. Not much chance for assimilation there... (not that this continuity explanation would stop Brannon and co if they decided to say she was anyway) -- -- "Oh, go away. Repress someone else." http://www.onelist.com/group/CouroPrido

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (GeneK <gene@genek_hates_spammers.com>)

There's a nice big gap in TBOBW between the time the E-D loses contact with the attack force and the time they get to 359 and find the wreckage about which we know nothing. The Borg could have launched one of their smaller cubes, like the one that crashed with Hugh aboard, with some "specimens" for the folks back home to experiment with. Or, they could have assimilated an entire ship, the way they did the E-E in FC, and sent it off toward home. We've also never seen a detailed onscreen accounting of all the ships that were lost at 359, so we don't know if one or two might still be recorded as "missing," rather than "destroyed." GeneK karnak66 wrote: > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the cube which destroyed the > fleet at the end of Best of Both Worlds get destroyed by Data's > "sleep" command and overload? How could a drone have made it back > to the collective from Wolfe 359?

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"karnak66" <wisetraderNOwiSPAM@yourinter.net.invalid> wrote in message > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the cube which destroyed the > fleet at the end of Best of Both Worlds get destroyed by Data's > "sleep" command and overload? How could a drone have made it back > to the collective from Wolfe 359? > I believe the Borg have the ability to beam drones through transwarp conduits (so the Queen and many of the drones on that ship were able to escape before it blew). -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (karnak66 <wisetraderNOwiSPAM@yourinter.net.invalid>)

"Brian Barjenbruch" <brianb1@home.com> wrote in message news:240520002215303074% > > Maybe Captain Sisko's abandoned wife, Jennifer, was retrieved in such a > > fashion? > > Jennifer *died* on board the Saratoga. > And the ship blew up, too. -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (Needy <longj002@hawaii.rr.com>)

Michele wrote in message <392C9375.50B9AA8F@uswest.net>... >His wife died. He had to be dragged away from her dead body. >This was shown either in the first episode of DS9 or in a >flashback he had. Its both...first Episode and a flashback or 2. (sniff)....I miss her! (sobing)....THOSE BORG S O B's!! Get me the photonic cannon! I'll finish off those bastards myself!!! -Blah

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (rbt859@aol.comnojunk)

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (mayx@home.com)

>But what if they beamed survivors off of derelict, abandoned ships? No >shields, no defenses, one zap and they're transported to a cube to be >assimilated. It could have happened....the ship blew up so no bodys. Plus they didn't say she was dead. Eric

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

Ron Turner doth write thus: >This whole argument may be meaningless, but I've been wondering. > >The Borg have assimilated Starfleet members from the Battle of Wolf 359, >quickly transporting them to another cube. I doubt the Borg beamed aboard >ships and attacked/retrieved people. They were fighting a fleet of ships, >waste of time. > >But what if they beamed survivors off of derelict, abandoned ships? No >shields, no defenses, one zap and they're transported to a cube to be >assimilated. > >Maybe Captain Sisko's abandoned wife, Jennifer, was retrieved in such a >fashion? Doubtful. Jennifer wasn't merely abandoned, she was dead. IIRC the Saratoga's warp core was about to burst and the Borg vaporised it before it could drift any closer. ***************************************** "Insanity is a part of the times, Vir: You must learn to *embrace* the madness!!" Londo Mollari

2000-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Craig" <craig0629@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:wFmX4.2594 > Good call EB. When the Borg queen contacts Voy, Harry says that some sort > of transwarp signal is interfaceing with the computer, and it disrupts the > entire ship (go figure why queenie didn't just initiate a self destruct). > If Voy can beam people through a micro worm hole into the alpah quad (and > through time). Why can't the Borg? > Exactly :) Perhaps that's what the Queen meant when she told Picard "you think in such three-dimensional terms". I suppose you could call their transwarp capability another dimension. -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: Was Captain Sisko's Wife Assimilated? - (Craig <craig0629@worldnet.att.net>)

Good call EB. When the Borg queen contacts Voy, Harry says that some sort of transwarp signal is interfaceing with the computer, and it disrupts the entire ship (go figure why queenie didn't just initiate a self destruct). If Voy can beam people through a micro worm hole into the alpah quad (and through time). Why can't the Borg? Craig EvilBill[AGQx] <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com> wrote in message news:WSeX4.206$DC2.23966@nnrp3.clara.net... > "karnak66" <wisetraderNOwiSPAM@yourinter.net.invalid> wrote in message > > > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the cube which destroyed the > > fleet at the end of Best of Both Worlds get destroyed by Data's > > "sleep" command and overload? How could a drone have made it back > > to the collective from Wolfe 359? > > > > I believe the Borg have the ability to beam drones through transwarp > conduits (so the Queen and many of the drones on that ship were able to > escape before it blew). > > -- > Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." > EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ > E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 > Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950 > >