FLM films - My Webpage

1999-11-25 00:00:00 - Seven of Nine's DOB - (starwind@khijol.org)


Found my notes... Seven's DOB was given by Janeway in some episode as being SD 25479. 'Scorprion II' was SD 51003.7, FWIW. There was an ep where one of the crew mentionned that Seven had been with the Borg for IIRC 18 years; and another in which someone makes a comment about the irresponsibility of people taking their 4 year old daughter with them on a misison to study the Borg... [that would make her a minimum of 22 [18+4] when Voyager found her] ....and then the Hansen's were out there for a while... at least 8 [?] months... so accounting for birthday placement and such, that would put her at 23 or 24 or even 25 when Voy got her... Then add the number of seasons we have had with her [assuming 1 season = 1 year]... and presto, current age... So if she was 23 or 24 or 25 at the beginning of season 4... [so we add one year each for seasons 4 and five, and a partial year for seasoon 6 which we are in]. That would put her at 26-27-28 around 'now' , Real Time [as opposed to Borg maturation chamber affected time]... Er... and the SD in 'One Small Step' was given as SD 53292.7. And 53292.7-25479 = 27813.7 which could be construed as 27.8 years [using a metric/SI earth-based year for SD-year conversions]. Which correlates with the comments regarding her age and timespans in years given in various episodes... And in 'Scorpion II' she would have been 25.5; a lapse of 2289.0 SD units between then and 'OSS'... Which of course works wrt apparent RT that has passed between 'then' and 'now' [somewhere around 2 and something years]... SW.

1999-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (starwind@khijol.org)


>Ow. > >Starwind made my brain hurt ... > But... but... but... You see, it is a Good Thing to make your brain hurt at least once every 7.42 years... So now you are good for another 7.42 years of brain-hurt-free living! :) SW.

1999-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (Zabana Brandon <prolix68@telusplanet.net>)


Ow. Starwind made my brain hurt ... <g>

1999-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (Paris Lover <iloveparis@my-deja.com>)


Zabana Brandon <prolix68@telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:383DE215.6509@telusplanet.net... > Ow. > > Starwind made my brain hurt ... > > > > > > > <g> > <gasp of surprise> You have a brain?! -- Paris Lover *********** "If we don't get more power to the warp drive, we're all gonna have to get out and push." -Tom Paris (Parallax) ************

1999-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)


Starwind wrote: > > On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:33:53 GMT, splinter1@rocketmail.com (Splinter) > wrote: > > > Your logic, while sound, has a fatal flaw. Annika Hansen was > >*6* when she was assimilated and given her first Borg designation. > > Er, I said that her parent's started their mission when she was 4 > [established in a past episode], and they were out there for at least > 8 months [one of their logs says they had been out there for 8 months; > but it wasn't the last log entry] [which would mean she was *at least* > a late 4, or even 5 when she was assimilated... if they were out > longer than 8 months [which they were] then she could definitely be 6, > especially depending on when her birthday was relative to when the > mission started, etc...]. > > So if she was 6, then she was 6+18 = 24 when Voyager got her, and then > with 2 and something years between then and 'now', you are correct > that she would be 26 bordering on 27 [which was within the range I > said anyway ;) ]. > > The SDs put her at 27 pushing 28.... > > If she was 6 but almost 7 when she was assimilated, and the 18 years > was actually closer to 19 years... then she would be 7+19+2+ = 28+ > less however much off from 7 and 19 it was... which would correspond > with the SD differences... So Seven's age would be 26<age>28 ... > With the SDs putting her at the upper end of that range... Seven was born in 2348. The current year is 2376 so she is 28 years old.

1999-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (haji@u.washington.edu)


splinter1@rocketmail.com (Splinter) writes: > They were out at least 2 years, then, as Seven told Janeway in >Scorpion II that she was assimilated at age 6 and it was 18 years >since that time. Good work on the chronology! Now why do Borg females have breasts? -McDaniel

1999-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (xyz <waltham02154@hotNOspAMmail.com>)


Ratings. "H. McDaniel" <haji@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:81n5v4$1b6u$1@nntp1.u.washington.edu... > splinter1@rocketmail.com (Splinter) writes: > > > They were out at least 2 years, then, as Seven told Janeway in > >Scorpion II that she was assimilated at age 6 and it was 18 years > >since that time. > > Good work on the chronology! Now why do Borg females have breasts? > > -McDaniel

1999-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (starwind@khijol.org)


On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 23:57:35 -0800, "David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote: >> The SDs put her at 27 pushing 28.... >> >> If she was 6 but almost 7 when she was assimilated, and the 18 years >> was actually closer to 19 years... then she would be 7+19+2+ = 28+ >> less however much off from 7 and 19 it was... which would correspond >> with the SD differences... So Seven's age would be 26<age>28 ... >> With the SDs putting her at the upper end of that range... > >Seven was born in 2348. The current year is 2376 so she is 28 years old. Or if she was born on whatever day in 2348 that is after the 'current' day in 2376, she wouldn't have hit her 28th BD yet and would therefore be 27 pushing 28, which is exactly what the SD difference says she is [27.8 years old], and what the age calculations say she could/should be... Er, in other words... if her DOB is 22 June 2348, and it is 'currently' 15 March 2376, she is 27 since her BDay hasn't occurred yet... Either way... she is most likely somehwere around 28 years old, give or take a few months. SW.

1999-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)


Starwind wrote: > > On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 23:57:35 -0800, "David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com> > wrote: > > >> The SDs put her at 27 pushing 28.... > >> > >> If she was 6 but almost 7 when she was assimilated, and the 18 years > >> was actually closer to 19 years... then she would be 7+19+2+ = 28+ > >> less however much off from 7 and 19 it was... which would correspond > >> with the SD differences... So Seven's age would be 26<age>28 ... > >> With the SDs putting her at the upper end of that range... > > > >Seven was born in 2348. The current year is 2376 so she is 28 years old. > > Or if she was born on whatever day in 2348 that is after the 'current' > day in 2376, she wouldn't have hit her 28th BD yet and would therefore > be 27 pushing 28, which is exactly what the SD difference says she is > [27.8 years old], and what the age calculations say she could/should > be... > > Er, in other words... if her DOB is 22 June 2348, and it is > 'currently' 15 March 2376, she is 27 since her BDay hasn't occurred > yet... > > Either way... she is most likely somehwere around 28 years old, give > or take a few months. > > SW. Yep. I meant to point that out but I forgot. Thanks for doing it for me. -- "There's no point in living, if you can't feel alive." James Bond, The World Is Not Enough" http://pages.whowhere.com/entertainment/scififan/

1999-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (starwind@khijol.org)


On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:14:27 -0800, "David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote: >> Er, in other words... if her DOB is 22 June 2348, and it is >> 'currently' 15 March 2376, she is 27 since her BDay hasn't occurred >> yet... >> >> Either way... she is most likely somehwere around 28 years old, give >> or take a few months. >> > >Yep. I meant to point that out but I forgot. Thanks for doing it for me. Most welcome :) So... to whoever it was that asked how old Seven is...

1999-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (starwind@khijol.org)


On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:33:53 GMT, splinter1@rocketmail.com (Splinter) wrote: > Your logic, while sound, has a fatal flaw. Annika Hansen was >*6* when she was assimilated and given her first Borg designation. Er, I said that her parent's started their mission when she was 4 [established in a past episode], and they were out there for at least 8 months [one of their logs says they had been out there for 8 months; but it wasn't the last log entry] [which would mean she was *at least* a late 4, or even 5 when she was assimilated... if they were out longer than 8 months [which they were] then she could definitely be 6, especially depending on when her birthday was relative to when the mission started, etc...]. So if she was 6, then she was 6+18 = 24 when Voyager got her, and then with 2 and something years between then and 'now', you are correct that she would be 26 bordering on 27 [which was within the range I said anyway ;) ]. The SDs put her at 27 pushing 28.... If she was 6 but almost 7 when she was assimilated, and the 18 years was actually closer to 19 years... then she would be 7+19+2+ = 28+ less however much off from 7 and 19 it was... which would correspond with the SD differences... So Seven's age would be 26<age>28 ... With the SDs putting her at the upper end of that range... SW.

1999-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (Zabana Brandon <prolix68@telusplanet.net>)


Paris Lover taunted me with: > > Ow. > > > > Starwind made my brain hurt ... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <g> > > > > > <gasp of surprise> > > You have a brain?! Shhh. Don't tell anyone. It's something I generally like to keep a secret ...

1999-11-27 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (spectrum137@my-deja.com)


In article <81n5v4$1b6u$1@nntp1.u.washington.edu>, haji@u.washington.edu (H. McDaniel) wrote: > splinter1@rocketmail.com (Splinter) writes: > > > They were out at least 2 years, then, as Seven told Janeway in > >Scorpion II that she was assimilated at age 6 and it was 18 years > >since that time. > > Good work on the chronology! Now why do Borg females have breasts? > > -McDaniel Seven is a human female. Human females just happen to have large breasts which constitute as much as two pounds of convenient mass that can be used to carry borg technology. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

1999-11-27 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)


Masked Man----->For the same reason humans have appendixes...? On 26 Nov 1999 23:43:32 GMT, haji@u.washington.edu (H. McDaniel) wrote: |Good work on the chronology! Now why do Borg females have breasts?

1999-11-28 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (spectrum137@my-deja.com)


In article <19991127230917.20767.00001159@ng-fn1.aol.com>, tiredgamer@aol.com.spam (TiredGamer) wrote: > Spectrum wrote: > > >> Good work on the chronology! Now why do Borg females have > >> breasts? > >> -McDaniel > > > Seven is a human female. Human females just happen to have large > > breasts which constitute as much as two pounds of convenient mass > > that can be used to carry borg technology. > > That's just sick... I mean, I don't mind it being suggested, since it would > further villify the Borg (which have become too.. personable.. IMO), but it's > still a rather sick premise. I doubt BSnP would allow it. I really doubt that the Borg would conceive of it as sick. Its simply *logical*. Modern breast implants may be popular, but they are totally inert, being bags of water. How much better it would be if they consisted of useful technology. Logically, if the Borg assimulated any species that had a massive body part that was just there for show (secondary sexual characteristic), yet had no use as such for the Borg, I'm sure that they would modify that too to carry nano-probes. Maybe the species might consider this bizarre, but only because they see it as associated with sex. But outside species, or the Borg, would not. The only reason why we never see the doctor adjusting Seven's mammary implants is because television censors would never allow something like that to be aired. But I doubt the Borg would care about the opinion of late twentieth century TV censors. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

1999-11-28 00:00:00 - Re: Seven of Nine's DOB - (tiredgamer@aol.com.spam)


Spectrum wrote: >> Good work on the chronology! Now why do Borg females have >> breasts? >> -McDaniel > Seven is a human female. Human females just happen to have large > breasts which constitute as much as two pounds of convenient mass > that can be used to carry borg technology. That's just sick... I mean, I don't mind it being suggested, since it would further villify the Borg (which have become too.. personable.. IMO), but it's still a rather sick premise. I doubt BSnP would allow it.