FLM films - My Webpage

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Intrepid class ship stats please - (Gabe Waggoner <gwaggoner@tamu.edu>)

Off the top of my head, here's what I remember: According to "Caretaker," Lt. Stadi described Voyager's sustainable cruise velocity of Warp Factor 9.975. Depends on what sustainable means, I suppose, but I take that as their maximum warp. Regular cruising speed -- seems like Voyager has spent most of its life traveling at Warp 6 through the Delta Quadrant, and Barclay's CO in "Pathfinder" seemed to think that an average speed of Warp 6.2 was reasonable. Voyager has 15 decks and originally had a crew complement of 141. Standard phaser banks and Type VI photon torpedoes (you'd think she would've been beefed up with quantum torps -- they would've come in handy). That's all I can recall for now...good luck! Gabe Ross Coburn wrote: > Good evening, > > I am looking for stats (as close to canon as possible) concerning the > Intrepid-class starships (such as Voyager): Weapons loadout, > cruising/maximum/emergency speeds, crew complement etc. Any help would > be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks in advance, > > Ross Coburn > coburn@sympatico.ca

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Intrepid class ship stats please - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

Gabe Waggoner doth write thus: >Off the top of my head, here's what I remember: > >According to "Caretaker," Lt. Stadi described Voyager's sustainable cruise >velocity of Warp Factor 9.975. Depends on what sustainable means, I >suppose, but I take that as their maximum warp. "Sustainable" means they can keep it up over a long period. Logically, they should be capable of short sprints at higher warp. >Regular cruising speed -- >seems like Voyager has spent most of its life traveling at Warp 6 through >the Delta Quadrant, and Barclay's CO in "Pathfinder" seemed to think that >an average speed of Warp 6.2 was reasonable. Actually, no. Voyager is almost *never* at warp; virtually their entire journey towards the Alpha Quadrant has been in the occasional long-distance Jumps, as in "The Gift" or "Darn Frontier." >Voyager has 15 decks and originally had a crew complement of 141. Plus the crew from Chakotay's Maquis ship gave them a total of 125 by the middle os Season Five ("In The Flesh"). >Standard phaser banks and Type VI photon torpedoes (you'd think she >would've been beefed up with quantum torps -- they would've come in >handy). While Federation treaties outlaw subspace weapons ("Insurrection"). Voyager *was* packing tri-cobalt subspace warheads ("Caretaker," "Voyager Conspiracy"). No reason was ever given. ***************************************** "Insanity is a part of the times, Vir: You must learn to *embrace* the madness!!" Londo Mollari

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Intrepid class ship stats please - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25@freeuk.com>)

"Gabe Waggoner" <gwaggoner@tamu.edu> wrote in message news:393B1FE7.CE67ADEF@tamu.edu... > > Standard phaser banks and Type VI photon torpedoes (you'd think she > would've been beefed up with quantum torps -- they would've come in > handy). > Well, Voyager was only supposed to be on a three-week mission hunting down a Maquis ship, it's not as if Starfleet reckoned they'd be spending the next seven years halfway across the Galaxy running into the Borg at every turn ;-) -- Windows reinstalls suck! ICQ: 37464244

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Intrepid class ship stats please - (Ross Coburn <coburn@sympatico.ca>)