FLM films - My Webpage

2000-04-01 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: Steve Christianson >> >Hey, did you ever see that ep where Janeway acts inconsistently about >> >the PD? Wow! >> >> I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! >I know! Almost as good as the one where Chakotay crashes a shuttlecraft! I couldn't get over the action! But what about those deeply provocative probes into human nature, like the one where Tom teaches Harry how to talk to girls!

2000-04-01 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

The Goddess Shamira doth write thus: >>> >Hey, did you ever see that ep where Janeway acts inconsistently about >>> >the PD? Wow! >>> >>> I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! I know! That was almost as good as that one they did when Janeway endangered her crew for some esoteric point!! >>I know! Almost as good as the one where Chakotay crashes a shuttlecraft! And did you catch that one where they travelled back in time? >I couldn't get over the action! >But what about those deeply provocative probes into human nature, like the >one >where Tom teaches Harry how to talk to girls! My favorite one was when the ship encountered a spacial anomaly..... He-Who-Feels-Like-He's-Nuking-Fish-In-A-Barrel ***************************************** Lois Lane's interview with Henry Kissinger got off to a bad start when she didn't recognize him without his glasses.

2000-04-01 00:00:00 - Hey Ta'!! - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

So what did you think about Janeway's decision to violate the Prime Directive? Pick an ep - any ep.

2000-04-02 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38E6F8B6.4BA0@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > > Dont worry, I think they have to stabilise the warp core and then > > everything > > > > seems to be okay. > > > > > > > > > Didn't they reverse shield polarity too? Who woulda thunk it?? > > > > Amazing isn't it? I think they had to vent some plasma from the nacelles at > > the same time and it was really tricky because the ship was rocking about > > all over the place, but fortunately B'Elanna Torres, Chief Engineer > > Extraordinaire was on hand to save the day. > > > And rerouting power from the EPS conduits! What a brilliant idea! It never ceases to amaze me what they can think of. Its the incisive characterisation that really stands out though. I mean who thought of Tom Paris, what a guy! One week a hero the next week boyfriend from hell, preferring Harry to B'Elanna, holodecks to B'Elanna, t.v. to B'Elanna, mind controlling alien space ships to B'Elanna. Such a well rounded individual. Lisa

2000-04-02 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

2000-04-02 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000401165346.26768.00000452@ng-fo1.aol.com... > So what did you think about Janeway's decision to violate the Prime Directive? > Pick an ep - any ep. <devoted Janewayism> <100% Serious> When has she ever done that? </100%> </dJ-ism>

Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38E6710E.4A2C@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > Shammie wrote: > > > > So what did you think about Janeway's decision to violate the Prime Directive? > > Pick an ep - any ep. > > > Hey, did you ever see that ep where Janeway acts inconsistently about > the PD? Wow! Bite my ass, Ambulance chaser.

Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38E67AD3.2B4F@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Shammie wrote: > > > > >From: Steve Christianson > > > > >Hey, did you ever see that ep where Janeway acts inconsistently about > > >the PD? Wow! > > > > I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! > > > I know! Almost as good as the one where Chakotay crashes a shuttlecraft! Or the one where Paris is a smartass?

Techlab Photo Rescue Inc <Techlab@photo-rescue.com> wrote in message news:38fec0ee.168935011@news.erols.com... > On 01 Apr 2000 22:18:20 GMT, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: > > >>From: Steve Christianson > > > >>Hey, did you ever see that ep where Janeway acts inconsistently about > >>the PD? Wow! > > > >I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! > > Let's face it folks.. > > > if he hasn't bitten by now, this is dead bait. [poke]

"Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000401231336.08158.00000372@ng-fp1.aol.com... > >From: "Lisa" > > >> >And did you catch that one where they travelled back in time? > >> > >> Well, hell, it's about *time* Trek put out an ep dealing with that > >possibility. > > >> >My favorite one was when the ship encountered a spacial anomaly..... > > >> OMG, it took me 1/2 hour just to realize that was what was causing all > >those > >> weird things to happen! > > >He-Who-Feels-Like-He's-Nuking-Fish-In-A-Barrel > > >> I haven't seen that one yet. Don't give it away. > > > >Dont worry, I think they have to stabilise the warp core and then everything > >seems to be okay. > > OMG, did you see that one wear there was almost a warp core breach? I was on > the edge of my seat! > > It was riveting, I was sure they were gonna jettison the core and be stuck in the Alpha Quadrant for ever. And did you see the one where Seven rediscovered some of her humanity. Man that was good, she then got to rediscover it all over again the following week! Brilliant idea, just so we dont forget who she is, they tell us over and over again, they deserve every penny of their wages!

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38E6F480.253B@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > "Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > > news:20000401200618.26768.00000497@ng-fo1.aol.com... > > > >From: evilklowwn > > > > > > >>>> I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! > > > > > > > >I know! That was almost as good as that one they did when Janeway > > endangered > > > >her crew for some esoteric point!! > > > > > > Man, I love it when they make you almost question her stability! > > > > > > >And did you catch that one where they travelled back in time? > > > > > > Well, hell, it's about *time* Trek put out an ep dealing with that > > possibility. > > > > > > >My favorite one was when the ship encountered a spacial anomaly..... > > > > > > OMG, it took me 1/2 hour just to realize that was what was causing all > > those > > > weird things to happen! > > > > > > >He-Who-Feels-Like-He's-Nuking-Fish-In-A-Barrel > > > > > > I haven't seen that one yet. Don't give it away. > > > > > > > > > > Dont worry, I think they have to stabilise the warp core and then everything > > seems to be okay. > > > Didn't they reverse shield polarity too? Who woulda thunk it?? Amazing isn't it? I think they had to vent some plasma from the nacelles at the same time and it was really tricky because the ship was rocking about all over the place, but fortunately B'Elanna Torres, Chief Engineer Extraordinaire was on hand to save the day.

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

"Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000403140449.27030.00000596@ng-bd1.aol.com... > >From: Michael Robinson > > >> Did you know that they have a Nobel Peace Prize physicist on the writing > >staff > >> to make sure that all that stuff is true to reality?! > > > >No way! I always thought those episodes had their science down! > >Especially when they're dealing with the warp drive! Who knew plasma > >could work like that! > > Seriously, I've learned more about physics from watching Voyager than I ever > did in school! I think it should be required watching in universities, maybe > even worthy of credits toward a degree. > > I never knew about dilithuim or trilithium before and am currently researching the possibility of quadlithium existing.

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (EvilBill <SPAM-SUCKS@I-RULE-THE-UNIVERSE.com>)

"Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > > Yeah, but then they came up with that talking tree alien, scarier than the Borg > and 8472 combined!!! > You mean there was an ep where Chakotay spoke? <eg> -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill@nutter.swinternet.co.uk. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

"Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000403143500.27027.00000739@ng-bd1.aol.com... > >From: "Lisa" > > >> Seriously, I've learned more about physics from watching Voyager than I > >ever > >> did in school! I think it should be required watching in universities, > >maybe > >> even worthy of credits toward a degree. > >> > >> > > > >I never knew about dilithuim or trilithium before and am currently > >researching the possibility of quadlithium existing. > > Wow, Lisa, you might discover how to power cars without oil and change the > course of history, all because of watching Voyager!! > > I know, it's blown my mind. I dont know why I bothered reading fanfic when I could have been doing this research. I am currently seeking a grant for ���20,000 to enable me to carry on this vital research, which of course involves re watching every Star Trek episode ever in order to evaluate the possible existence of quadlithium. Any offers??????

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: "EvilBill" >> >> Yeah, but then they came up with that talking tree alien, scarier than the >Borg >> and 8472 combined!!! >> > >You mean there was an ep where Chakotay spoke? ><eg> > *bonk*

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Wavemaker <wavemaker@my-deja.com>)

"Steve Christianson" wrote: > > I have! Hey, how about the one where Seven's outfit is deliberately > designed to accentuate her breasts and the camera always pans her butt? Hey, have you seen the one where a transporter accident occurs and Seven is beamed into my bedroom? Then she and I cover ourselves with... Er, nevermind...

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Ta'Teria <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:0k8hes0b9s6jqdeb886ue2ekvu2ol8lagk@4ax.com... > On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 18:01:05 -0500, "Ta'Teria" <tateria@yahoo.com> > wrote: > > >[poke] > > God, someone else poking. What's next? Fantasizing, errr, I > mean idol-worshipping of Harry Kim? Dont worry about that. I'm a firm;y entrenched JAneway man.

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: Merrick Baldelli Steve Christianson wrote: >>Isn't that cool!? But have you seen that ep where it seems like the >>Borg have become wimpified? > Like Species 8472? Yeah, but then they came up with that talking tree alien, scarier than the Borg and 8472 combined!!!

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38E8BC24.539D@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > > Who'd have thought it! Have you seen the one where Janeway leads > > Chakotay > > > > on only to turn on him like a vixen when the plot needed it? > > > > > > > > > I have! Hey, how about the one where Seven's outfit is deliberately > > > designed to accentuate her breasts and the camera always pans her butt? > > > > That is such clever camera work, almost as good as good as a last minute > > beam out, just when you think they're all gonna die off they go back to > > Voyager. I get really worried when this happens and I really think they > > arent gonna make it one week. > > > Very true, I often sit there thinking "My god! If they get killed this > is the last ep of Voyager!" But hey, have you seen the ep where the guy > you've never seen before *does* get killed? I think he wore a red shirt. Brilliant! You just never see it coming do you!

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Ali Andrews <ali@jupiter23.demon.co.uk>)

Lisa wrote >> >I saw that one! How about the one where resistance seemed like a pretty >> >good idea? >> >> Is that the same as the one where resistance wasn't futile? > >That's the one, and then I think for a change Seven helped them save the day >because she remembered some hidden humanity. > Did she almost smile? Allie x

"Ali Andrews" <ali@jupiter23.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8cagnp$lhr$1@plutonium.compulink.co.uk... > > Lisa wrote > > >> >I saw that one! How about the one where resistance seemed like a > pretty > >> >good idea? > >> > >> Is that the same as the one where resistance wasn't futile? > > > >That's the one, and then I think for a change Seven helped them save the > day > >because she remembered some hidden humanity. > > > > Did she almost smile? No, I believe they are devoting an entire arc to that event, which I think will involve the holodeck, Species 8472 dressed as Girl Guides and the Doctor singing Opera, while Tuvok stands on the bridge saying "Shields are down Captain", Janeway has an awful lot of whispering and hand waving to do whilst Harry has been instructed to prepare his best "anxious look" for the entire arc. Lisa

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Lisa wrote: > > "Michael Robinson" <robins80@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message > news:38E8B21B.1D270E79@pilot.msu.edu... > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > > "Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message > > > news:38E85275.7420@yahoo.com... > > > > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > > > > > > It never ceases to amaze me what they can think of. Its the > incisive > > > > > characterisation that really stands out though. I mean who thought > of > > > Tom > > > > > Paris, what a guy! One week a hero the next week boyfriend from > hell, > > > > > preferring Harry to B'Elanna, holodecks to B'Elanna, t.v. to > B'Elanna, > > > mind > > > > > controlling alien space ships to B'Elanna. Such a well rounded > > > individual. > > > > > > > > > > > > I know! > > > > Have you seen that ep where he has an interest in the 20th century > which > > > > is relevant to the outcome of the plot? > > > > > > Who'd have thought it! Have you seen the one where Janeway leads > Chakotay > > > on only to turn on him like a vixen when the plot needed it? > > > > I felt his pain on that one. Did you see the one where Chakotay's > > spirit guide leads him on a voyage of self discovery? > > Brilliant! These minds are so great! It's like the one where Harry Kim > falls in love, but it all goes completely wrong. Or how about the one where Paris ignores B'Ehlanna? Those make me so mad! Almost as mad as the one where Seven gets kidnapped. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Shammie wrote: > > >From: Michael Robinson > > >What about the one where the holodeck went haywire? Most amazing hour > >of television I've seen in a while. > > That should have won a Golden Globe Award! > I was soooo disappointed when it didn't win! The drama was simply amazing! > > I thought it was a nice touch when > >they decided to route holodeck power to the shield generators but > >couldn't because Janeway didn't want to kill the holocharacter? That > >rocked all over the place. > > I'm still reeling. > Did you know that they have a Nobel Peace Prize physicist on the writing staff > to make sure that all that stuff is true to reality?! No way! I always thought those episodes had their science down! Especially when they're dealing with the warp drive! Who knew plasma could work like that! * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Ali Andrews wrote: > > Michael Robinson wrote > >I saw that one! How about the one where resistance seemed like a pretty > >good idea? > > Is that the same as the one where resistance wasn't futile? > > Allie > x Almost, the one I'm talking about has a bit more tension. You really have to wonder if they'll get assimilated. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: Michael Robinson >> Did you know that they have a Nobel Peace Prize physicist on the writing >staff >> to make sure that all that stuff is true to reality?! > >No way! I always thought those episodes had their science down! >Especially when they're dealing with the warp drive! Who knew plasma >could work like that! Seriously, I've learned more about physics from watching Voyager than I ever did in school! I think it should be required watching in universities, maybe even worthy of credits toward a degree.

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38E85275.7420@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > It never ceases to amaze me what they can think of. Its the incisive > > characterisation that really stands out though. I mean who thought of Tom > > Paris, what a guy! One week a hero the next week boyfriend from hell, > > preferring Harry to B'Elanna, holodecks to B'Elanna, t.v. to B'Elanna, mind > > controlling alien space ships to B'Elanna. Such a well rounded individual. > > > I know! > Have you seen that ep where he has an interest in the 20th century which > is relevant to the outcome of the plot? Who'd have thought it! Have you seen the one where Janeway leads Chakotay on only to turn on him like a vixen when the plot needed it?

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Ali Andrews <ali@jupiter23.demon.co.uk>)

Lisa wrote >Amazing isn't it? I think they had to vent some plasma from the nacelles at >the same time and it was really tricky because the ship was rocking about >all over the place, but fortunately B'Elanna Torres, Chief Engineer >Extraordinaire was on hand to save the day. > When he farts my husband tells me he was just "venting plasma". Allie x

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38E871CE.793@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > I know! > > > Have you seen that ep where he has an interest in the 20th century which > > > is relevant to the outcome of the plot? > > > > Who'd have thought it! Have you seen the one where Janeway leads Chakotay > > on only to turn on him like a vixen when the plot needed it? > > > I have! Hey, how about the one where Seven's outfit is deliberately > designed to accentuate her breasts and the camera always pans her butt? That is such clever camera work, almost as good as good as a last minute beam out, just when you think they're all gonna die off they go back to Voyager. I get really worried when this happens and I really think they arent gonna make it one week. Lisa

Steve Christianson wrote: > > X-No-Archive: yes > > Lisa wrote: > > > > "Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > > news:20000401200618.26768.00000497@ng-fo1.aol.com... > > > >From: evilklowwn > > > > > > >>>> I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! > > > > > > > >I know! That was almost as good as that one they did when Janeway > > endangered > > > >her crew for some esoteric point!! > > > > > > Man, I love it when they make you almost question her stability! > > > > > > >And did you catch that one where they travelled back in time? > > > > > > Well, hell, it's about *time* Trek put out an ep dealing with that > > possibility. > > > > > > >My favorite one was when the ship encountered a spacial anomaly..... > > > > > > OMG, it took me 1/2 hour just to realize that was what was causing all > > those > > > weird things to happen! > > > > > > >He-Who-Feels-Like-He's-Nuking-Fish-In-A-Barrel > > > > > > I haven't seen that one yet. Don't give it away. > > > > > > > > > > Dont worry, I think they have to stabilise the warp core and then everything > > seems to be okay. > > Didn't they reverse shield polarity too? Who woulda thunk it?? They also had to realign the plasma injectors. It was riveting. I didn't think they'd get the manifolds online in time! * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

"Michael Robinson" <robins80@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:38E8A175.136292F1@pilot.msu.edu... > Steve Christianson wrote: > > > > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > > "Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > > > news:20000401200618.26768.00000497@ng-fo1.aol.com... > > > > >From: evilklowwn > > > > > > > > >>>> I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! > > > > > > > > > >I know! That was almost as good as that one they did when Janeway > > > endangered > > > > >her crew for some esoteric point!! > > > > > > > > Man, I love it when they make you almost question her stability! > > > > > > > > >And did you catch that one where they travelled back in time? > > > > > > > > Well, hell, it's about *time* Trek put out an ep dealing with that > > > possibility. > > > > > > > > >My favorite one was when the ship encountered a spacial anomaly..... > > > > > > > > OMG, it took me 1/2 hour just to realize that was what was causing all > > > those > > > > weird things to happen! > > > > > > > > >He-Who-Feels-Like-He's-Nuking-Fish-In-A-Barrel > > > > > > > > I haven't seen that one yet. Don't give it away. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Dont worry, I think they have to stabilise the warp core and then everything > > > seems to be okay. > > > > Didn't they reverse shield polarity too? Who woulda thunk it?? > > They also had to realign the plasma injectors. It was riveting. I > didn't think they'd get the manifolds online in time! Was that one of those "saved at the last second" scenes, where you really think the ship is gonna blow up? They just have me in bits, I'm so scared the crew is really gonna go belly up!

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Shammie wrote: > > >From: Steve Christianson > > >> But what about those deeply provocative probes into human nature, like the > >one > >> where Tom teaches Harry how to talk to girls! > > >I loved that ep! > >Hey, did you ever see the one where it looks like Voyager has found a > >quick way home, but it turns out to be a mistake? > > I thought I would die when it turned out to be false!!! Leave it to those > writers to surprise us like that. > Like, for example, that time Janeway calmed down those Irish people and > prevented a riot, did you see that one??? What about the one where the holodeck went haywire? Most amazing hour of television I've seen in a while. I thought it was a nice touch when they decided to route holodeck power to the shield generators but couldn't because Janeway didn't want to kill the holocharacter? That rocked all over the place. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 08:13:54 GMT, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >Isn't that cool!? But have you seen that ep where it seems like the >Borg have become wimpified? Like Species 8472? -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:28:56 GMT, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have! Hey, how about the one where Seven's outfit is deliberately >designed to accentuate her breasts and the camera always pans her butt? Which is also padded... But not as boldly as the front quarters. -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 18:01:05 -0500, "Ta'Teria" <tateria@yahoo.com> wrote: >[poke] God, someone else poking. What's next? Fantasizing, errr, I mean idol-worshipping of Harry Kim? -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

Lisa wrote: > > "Michael Robinson" <robins80@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message > news:38E8A175.136292F1@pilot.msu.edu... > > Steve Christianson wrote: > > > > > > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > > > > "Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > > > > news:20000401200618.26768.00000497@ng-fo1.aol.com... > > > > > >From: evilklowwn > > > > > > > > > > >>>> I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! > > > > > > > > > > > >I know! That was almost as good as that one they did when Janeway > > > > endangered > > > > > >her crew for some esoteric point!! > > > > > > > > > > Man, I love it when they make you almost question her stability! > > > > > > > > > > >And did you catch that one where they travelled back in time? > > > > > > > > > > Well, hell, it's about *time* Trek put out an ep dealing with that > > > > possibility. > > > > > > > > > > >My favorite one was when the ship encountered a spacial > anomaly..... > > > > > > > > > > OMG, it took me 1/2 hour just to realize that was what was causing > all > > > > those > > > > > weird things to happen! > > > > > > > > > > >He-Who-Feels-Like-He's-Nuking-Fish-In-A-Barrel > > > > > > > > > > I haven't seen that one yet. Don't give it away. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Dont worry, I think they have to stabilise the warp core and then > everything > > > > seems to be okay. > > > > > > Didn't they reverse shield polarity too? Who woulda thunk it?? > > > > They also had to realign the plasma injectors. It was riveting. I > > didn't think they'd get the manifolds online in time! > > Was that one of those "saved at the last second" scenes, where you really > think the ship is gonna blow up? They just have me in bits, I'm so scared > the crew is really gonna go belly up! Yeah, it was like the time they were in the spatial whatsis that was draining power and Harry Kim and B'ehlanna (never can spell her name) have to reroute power from the thingamajig. Totally had me in knots! * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Michael Robinson <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Steve Christianson wrote: > > X-No-Archive: yes > > Shammie wrote: > > > > >From: Steve Christianson > > > > >It was almost as good as the time they encountered a seemingly > > >invincible alien, but then found a quick fix technobabble answer at the > > >last minute to defeat them! > > > > Oh man o man, you must be referring to the Borg, I have never seen such > > undefeatable aliens in my life! I still don't know how they did it! > > Isn't that cool!? But have you seen that ep where it seems like the > Borg have become wimpified? I saw that one! How about the one where resistance seemed like a pretty good idea? * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

Ta'Teria wrote: > > Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:38E67AD3.2B4F@yahoo.com... > > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > > > > > Shammie wrote: > > > > > > >From: Steve Christianson > > > > > > >Hey, did you ever see that ep where Janeway acts inconsistently about > > > >the PD? Wow! > > > > > > I couldn't get over it! Such bold writing and scathing dialog! > > > > > > I know! Almost as good as the one where Chakotay crashes a shuttlecraft! > > Or the one where Paris is a smartass? I think I like the ones where Paris is the bad boy womanizer. * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

Lisa wrote: > > "Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:38E85275.7420@yahoo.com... > > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > > > > > Lisa wrote: > > > > > > It never ceases to amaze me what they can think of. Its the incisive > > > characterisation that really stands out though. I mean who thought of > Tom > > > Paris, what a guy! One week a hero the next week boyfriend from hell, > > > preferring Harry to B'Elanna, holodecks to B'Elanna, t.v. to B'Elanna, > mind > > > controlling alien space ships to B'Elanna. Such a well rounded > individual. > > > > > > I know! > > Have you seen that ep where he has an interest in the 20th century which > > is relevant to the outcome of the plot? > > Who'd have thought it! Have you seen the one where Janeway leads Chakotay > on only to turn on him like a vixen when the plot needed it? I felt his pain on that one. Did you see the one where Chakotay's spirit guide leads him on a voyage of self discovery? * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Ali Andrews <ali@jupiter23.demon.co.uk>)

Michael Robinson wrote >I saw that one! How about the one where resistance seemed like a pretty >good idea? Is that the same as the one where resistance wasn't futile? Allie x

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Robrey <robrey@mailbag.com>)

Steve Christianson wrote: > > X-No-Archive: yes > > Lisa wrote: > > > > It never ceases to amaze me what they can think of. Its the incisive > > characterisation that really stands out though. I mean who thought of Tom > > Paris, what a guy! One week a hero the next week boyfriend from hell, > > preferring Harry to B'Elanna, holodecks to B'Elanna, t.v. to B'Elanna, mind > > controlling alien space ships to B'Elanna. Such a well rounded individual. > > I know! > Have you seen that ep where he has an interest in the 20th century which > is relevant to the outcome of the plot? "FUTURE'S END" Cordially, Robrey -- "It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat" --Theodore Roosevelt, 1899

"Ali Andrews" <ali@jupiter23.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8cac2o$gm3$1@plutonium.compulink.co.uk... > > Michael Robinson wrote > >I saw that one! How about the one where resistance seemed like a pretty > >good idea? > > Is that the same as the one where resistance wasn't futile? That's the one, and then I think for a change Seven helped them save the day because she remembered some hidden humanity.

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On 03 Apr 2000 15:55:09 GMT, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >>From: Merrick Baldelli > >Steve Christianson wrote: > >>>Isn't that cool!? But have you seen that ep where it seems like the >>>Borg have become wimpified? > >> Like Species 8472? > >Yeah, but then they came up with that talking tree alien, scarier than the Borg >and 8472 combined!!! What I thought were truly horrific aliens were from "The Adventures of Flotter"... -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 16:52:34 GMT, "Lisa" <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote: >No, I believe they are devoting an entire arc to that event, which I think >will involve the holodeck, Species 8472 dressed as Girl Guides and the >Doctor singing Opera, while Tuvok stands on the bridge saying "Shields are >down Captain", Janeway has an awful lot of whispering and hand waving to do >whilst Harry has been instructed to prepare his best "anxious look" for the >entire arc. This is a direct rip-off of Project A-Ko!!!! Especially about the part when the aliens are wearing women's lingerie!!! (I don't think I have the troll part down right for some reason). -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On 03 Apr 2000 16:40:53 GMT, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >>From: Michael Robinson > >>What about the one where the holodeck went haywire? Most amazing hour >>of television I've seen in a while. > >That should have won a Golden Globe Award! > >> I thought it was a nice touch when >>they decided to route holodeck power to the shield generators but >>couldn't because Janeway didn't want to kill the holocharacter? That >>rocked all over the place. > >I'm still reeling. >Did you know that they have a Nobel Peace Prize physicist on the writing staff >to make sure that all that stuff is true to reality?! This thread's really beginning to scare me for some reason. I think it has to do with the fact that it's dripping more sarcasm than I am. -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:17:50 +0100, "EvilBill" <SPAM-SUCKS@I-RULE-THE-UNIVERSE.com> wrote: >"Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message >> >> Yeah, but then they came up with that talking tree alien, scarier than the >> Borg and 8472 combined!!! >> > >You mean there was an ep where Chakotay spoke? ><eg> Nonsense!! We all know Chakotay can't speak!!! The voice for his is merely voice over. -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 13:08:48 -0500, "Wavemaker" <wavemaker@my-deja.com> wrote: >"Steve Christianson" wrote: >> >> I have! Hey, how about the one where Seven's outfit is deliberately >> designed to accentuate her breasts and the camera always pans her butt? > >Hey, have you seen the one where a transporter accident occurs and Seven is >beamed into my bedroom? Then she and I cover ourselves with... > >Er, nevermind... I see someone's infringing heavily on a certain lawyer's unalienable rights to a certain someone. -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Lisa <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk>)

"Mirror Spock" <robins80@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:38EA4557.E7CADE03@pilot.msu.edu... > Lisa wrote: > > > > "Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > > news:20000403143500.27027.00000739@ng-bd1.aol.com... > > > >From: "Lisa" > > > > > > >> Seriously, I've learned more about physics from watching Voyager than I > > > >ever > > > >> did in school! I think it should be required watching in universities, > > > >maybe > > > >> even worthy of credits toward a degree. > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > >I never knew about dilithuim or trilithium before and am currently > > > >researching the possibility of quadlithium existing. > > > > > > Wow, Lisa, you might discover how to power cars without oil and change the > > > course of history, all because of watching Voyager!! > > > > > > > > > > I know, it's blown my mind. I dont know why I bothered reading fanfic when > > I could have been doing this research. I am currently seeking a grant for > > ���20,000 to enable me to carry on this vital research, which of course > > involves re watching every Star Trek episode ever in order to evaluate the > > possible existence of quadlithium. Any offers?????? > > Need any research assistants? Definitely, but you do have to wear a red shirt, just in case the money runs out before we finish and I can only fund one person........... Lisa

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 04:12:45 -0500, Robrey <robrey@mailbag.com> wrote: >Steve Christianson wrote: >> I know! >> Have you seen that ep where he has an interest in the 20th century which >> is relevant to the outcome of the plot? > > "FUTURE'S END" Don't forget "The 37's". -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 15:36:40 GMT, "Lisa" <lisa.dugmore@cableinet.co.uk> wrote: >Brilliant! These minds are so great! It's like the one where Harry Kim >falls in love, but it all goes completely wrong. Oh stop, my sides are splitting from this one!! -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Mirror Spock <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Shammie wrote: > > >From: Michael Robinson > > >> Did you know that they have a Nobel Peace Prize physicist on the writing > >staff > >> to make sure that all that stuff is true to reality?! > > > >No way! I always thought those episodes had their science down! > >Especially when they're dealing with the warp drive! Who knew plasma > >could work like that! > > Seriously, I've learned more about physics from watching Voyager than I ever > did in school! I think it should be required watching in universities, maybe > even worthy of credits toward a degree. Especially the whole warp deal. If more folks learned that, we could get to Mars in mere moments! * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Mirror Spock <robins80@pilot.msu.edu>)

Lisa wrote: > > "Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > news:20000403143500.27027.00000739@ng-bd1.aol.com... > > >From: "Lisa" > > > > >> Seriously, I've learned more about physics from watching Voyager than I > > >ever > > >> did in school! I think it should be required watching in universities, > > >maybe > > >> even worthy of credits toward a degree. > > >> > > >> > > > > > >I never knew about dilithuim or trilithium before and am currently > > >researching the possibility of quadlithium existing. > > > > Wow, Lisa, you might discover how to power cars without oil and change the > > course of history, all because of watching Voyager!! > > > > > > I know, it's blown my mind. I dont know why I bothered reading fanfic when > I could have been doing this research. I am currently seeking a grant for > �20,000 to enable me to carry on this vital research, which of course > involves re watching every Star Trek episode ever in order to evaluate the > possible existence of quadlithium. Any offers?????? Need any research assistants? * Robinson -- "No one questions the assassination of a Captain who disobeys prime orders of the Empire." -- Ensign Pavel Chekov, "Mirror, Mirror"

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Therese Gray <tgray@zetnet.co.uk>)

i liek tha 1 were thai gowe too spayce

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Ali Andrews <ali@jupiter23.demon.co.uk>)

Therese Gray wrote in message <2000040417043186296@zetnet.co.uk>... > > > > i liek tha 1 were thai gowe too spayce I fort thatt 1 suckked bigg tyme

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Ali Andrews <ali@jupiter23.demon.co.uk>)

Lisa wrote >No, I believe they are devoting an entire arc to that event, which I think >will involve the holodeck, Species 8472 dressed as Girl Guides and the >Doctor singing Opera, while Tuvok stands on the bridge saying "Shields are >down Captain", Janeway has an awful lot of whispering and hand waving to do >whilst Harry has been instructed to prepare his best "anxious look" for the >entire arc. ROTFLMAO Allie x

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (EvilBill <SPAM-SUCKS@I-RULE-THE-UNIVERSE.com>)

"Shammie" <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message > >From: "EvilBill" > > > >You mean there was an ep where Chakotay spoke? > ><eg> > > > > *bonk* > I love it when you do that! <g> -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill@nutter.swinternet.co.uk. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-04-06 00:00:00 - Re: Hey Ta'!! - (Merrick Baldelli <mbaldelli@mindspring.com>)

On 04 Apr 2000 20:49:15 GMT, shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl (Shammie) wrote: >>From: Merrick Baldelli > >> >> This thread's really beginning to scare me for some reason. I >>think it has to do with the fact that it's dripping more sarcasm than >>I am. > >We are all in competition for the coveted Merrick Baldelli Award! I thought the Merrick Baldelli Award was given out post-humously for those that couldn't survive a flash-fire? -- -=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli (((\ \> /_1 ` (\\\\ \_/ / -=-\ /-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- \ _/ / /