FLM films - My Webpage

2000-04-19 00:00:00 - Re: The Borg suck - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

Bill Crawford wrote: > > On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:57:04 -0700, judgedredd666 > <smithyNOsmSPAM@thealcove.freeserve.co.uk.invalid> wrote: > > >Dont they? > >I just saw...what was it called? > >'Bad flashback' or 'Terrible memories' or something. > >The one where Seven gets a visit from the other survivors of her > >unimatrix. > >All the flashbacks to the crash on the planet. > >It seemed like it took about an hour for thier pre-Borg > >personaliteois to surface. > >Oh, suddenly it was " Oh, I used to cook marshmallows with little > >tommy tucker back when I was human"..."Oh, me too - I need to > >know - what is this thing the humans call 'love'?" > >It was sickening. > >Surely the |Borg would anticipate such bollox if theyre so all > >powerfull and all-assimilating? > >Do they learn nothing when they assimilate? > >Im just a poxy human, and I could run rings around yer average > >Borg. They seem to have no concept of deciet. A bit much to > >swalloe if theyr supposed to have assimilated Ferengi. > > > >Theyd be crap Poker players, wouldnt they? > > These are the Voyager-era Borg. They started to really suck right > around 'Dark Frontier,' which is one season before the episode you > saw (whose name thankfully escapes me). Also, the episode you > saw is from the current season--six--which has been a moderately > sucky season thus far. Just be glad you haven't seen 'Collective' > yet. Actually, the Borg began to suck with "Descent" from TNG...

2000-04-19 00:00:00 - The Borg suck - (judgedredd666 <smithyNOsmSPAM@thealcove.freeserve.co.uk.invalid>)

Dont they? I just saw...what was it called? 'Bad flashback' or 'Terrible memories' or something. The one where Seven gets a visit from the other survivors of her unimatrix. All the flashbacks to the crash on the planet. It seemed like it took about an hour for thier pre-Borg personaliteois to surface. Oh, suddenly it was " Oh, I used to cook marshmallows with little tommy tucker back when I was human"..."Oh, me too - I need to know - what is this thing the humans call 'love'?" It was sickening. Surely the |Borg would anticipate such bollox if theyre so all powerfull and all-assimilating? Do they learn nothing when they assimilate? Im just a poxy human, and I could run rings around yer average Borg. They seem to have no concept of deciet. A bit much to swalloe if theyr supposed to have assimilated Ferengi. Theyd be crap Poker players, wouldnt they? * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-19 00:00:00 - Re: The Borg suck - (Bill Crawford <koichi@fastlane.net>)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:57:04 -0700, judgedredd666 <smithyNOsmSPAM@thealcove.freeserve.co.uk.invalid> wrote: >Dont they? >I just saw...what was it called? >'Bad flashback' or 'Terrible memories' or something. >The one where Seven gets a visit from the other survivors of her >unimatrix. >All the flashbacks to the crash on the planet. >It seemed like it took about an hour for thier pre-Borg >personaliteois to surface. >Oh, suddenly it was " Oh, I used to cook marshmallows with little >tommy tucker back when I was human"..."Oh, me too - I need to >know - what is this thing the humans call 'love'?" >It was sickening. >Surely the |Borg would anticipate such bollox if theyre so all >powerfull and all-assimilating? >Do they learn nothing when they assimilate? >Im just a poxy human, and I could run rings around yer average >Borg. They seem to have no concept of deciet. A bit much to >swalloe if theyr supposed to have assimilated Ferengi. > >Theyd be crap Poker players, wouldnt they? These are the Voyager-era Borg. They started to really suck right around 'Dark Frontier,' which is one season before the episode you saw (whose name thankfully escapes me). Also, the episode you saw is from the current season--six--which has been a moderately sucky season thus far. Just be glad you haven't seen 'Collective' yet. - Will, resisting like a mofo

2000-04-20 00:00:00 - Re: The Borg suck - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > Actually, the Borg began to suck with "Descent" from TNG... Different kind of Borg, though ;-) The Collective hasn't started to suck yet, from where I am... we haven't gotten "Dark Frontier" yet... -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950