FLM films - My Webpage

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Darth Ta' <tateria@yahoo.com>)

David B. <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:393B1F89.3C5D3591@hotmail.com... > "Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" wrote: > > > > Summer's here, school is out, the season is over and once again we have > > to wait the whole summer for a new episode to discuss. So what better > > time to begin a regular review of previous Voyagers, and on occasion > > other Trek. > > > > OK today's episode is Timeless... > > Here comes the spoiler space > > Timeless kicks ass. And Beltran shows he can act in this one. Or he just got lucky...

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Velian <velian2k@home.com>)

Wow. Another 1-liner from the fat girl. "Julianna Feigl" <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2aeljsognvqsrrjcoeua9gcqndpfe7pbf8@4ax.com... > On Sun, 04 Jun 2000 17:39:45 GMT, "Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" > <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote: > > >Summer's here, school is out, the season is over and once again we have > >to wait the whole summer for a new episode to discuss. So what better > >time to begin a regular review of previous Voyagers, and on occasion > >other Trek. > > > >OK today's episode is Timeless... > >Here comes the spoiler space > >e > >r > >e > > > >c > >o > >m > >e > >s > > > >t > >h > >e > > > >s > >p > >o > >i > >l > >e > >r > > > >s > >p > >a > >c > >e > > > >OK enough of that, if you haven't seen Timeless and are still reading, > >then being spoiled is your own fault. > > > >Timeless, a story of redemption as well as a neat use of time travel. > > > >We begin with Harry and Chakotay finding Voyager under many meters of > >ice. They beam inside and find the ship all but destroyed. All decks > >below 9 have been crushed into one layer of debris. Interestingly harry > >says decks 10 through 14 are crushed, what happened to deck 15?? I guess > >Good Shepherd was indeed a figment of a deranged writers imagination > >since it apparently doesn't exist. > > > >Anyway we soon learn that Harry and Chakotay are here to salvage > >something from the ship. Voyager crashed while attempting to use the > >quantum slipstream drive to reach home. The drive wasn't quite right and > >with Harry and Chakotay leading they attempted to use the flyer to feed > >corrections in the flight back to Voyager to avoid disaster. > >Unfortunately the slipstream destabilised and Harry sent the wrong > >correction. The Flyer rides the slipstream home while Voyager falls out > >and crashes on an ice world killing all aboard. Harry and Chakotay have > >been searching for Voyager in the years since in order to send a message > >back in time to prevent the disaster. > > > >They manage to salvage the components that they need and send their > >message, a communications node from Seven. In the mean time we see some > >nice scenes of Chakotay aboard Voyager encountering ghosts from his > >past, harry discussing survivor guilt with the Doc, and a cameo from > >LeVar Burton as Geordie, now commanding a Galaxy class ship chasing > >after Chakotay and Harry to stop them changing history. > > > >The first attempt fails and Harry has to think fast to attempt another > >transmission, in the meantime the Delta Flyer, the craft Chakotay and > >Harry stole for their search, has been damaged and a warp core breech is > >forming. Just as the core fails and the flyer explodes Harry manages one > >last transmission. He sends new "corrections" to Seven that cause the > >slipstream to dissipate completely, saving Voyager from crashing. > > > >Harry also sent a message for himself along with the data for Seven, and > >this leads to a nice scene with Janeway at the end. > > > >That's the story, and a good one it was. The effects throughout were > >excellent, Voyager crashing into the ice was very effective. The iced up > >interior was moody and spooky. Seven looked rather frozen and dead, > >especially when they got her back to the Flyer. > > > >A few observations. Robert Beltran and Garret Wang do a great job in > >this episode. It more than stands up to repeated viewing, and actually I > >think that Beltran did a good job of portraying Chakotay in this > >episode. He displayed a good range, from the firm, smouldering Chakotay > >angry and regretful about the failure in the past - there was a good > >scene with the EMH aboard the frozen Voyager, we see him encounter the > >ghosts of his own past when he plays back a log entry from Janeway. We > >also get to see him in command mode, laughing with Harry, combating > >Laforge in the Challenger and just "hanging" with his lady in the > >future. > > > >Harry had a great episode as well, showing lots of range, though having > >re-watched this a couple of times now, I think Garret shows less finesse > >than Beltran in his scenes. Having said that he does show good range, > >from the laughing Harry with Chakotay as they lead Voyager in the > >slipstream, concerned and urgent as he pleads his case to try the > >slipstream even though it might fail, elated as he makes the final > >transmission, and serious as he sits alone trying to see where he went > >wrong. > > > >Actually there was a great Janeway scene at the very end of the episode > >as well. Mulgrew did a fantastic job, it was a low key scene, but a > >tense one. > > > >Over all everyone had some scenes in this one. The EMH was in humility > >mode, his ego well in check. > > > >Goddess points for Seven are high, even made up to look like a corpse > >that's been frozen for years she is beautiful, and she looked good at a > >bridge station. > > > >Over all, this was an absorbing drama, well written, great effects, well > >performed and balanced. An excellent episode all round. There was no > >dodgy science and no obvious mistakes in continuity. Congratulations to > >all involved, now can we please have some more? > > > >Marks from 10? 9���. I'd give a 10, except that would leave no room for > >improvement, and as good as this was, there is always some room for > >improvement. > > > > > I'm *shocked*!!!!!!!!! Since when do *you* like wood????????????? > > > Julianna > -------- > Tuvok: > The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - ("Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Michele wrote > > But she has a heart, and you don't. By the say i know what > she looks like. Even with a bag over her head. She is more > of a person then you are. Besides no one needs to justify > anything to you. > Don't waste your breath Michele, simply block sender and killfile the silly little s.o.b.

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

"Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" wrote: > > Michele wrote > > > > But she has a heart, and you don't. By the say i know what > > she looks like. Even with a bag over her head. She is more > > of a person then you are. Besides no one needs to justify > > anything to you. > > > > Don't waste your breath Michele, simply block sender and killfile the > silly little s.o.b. I went back and deleted it. I will. I am tired of the trolls. Michele "take the cheese to sickbay" B'elanna What is the phrase heard most often in Voyager's Mess Hall? "Medical Emergency!!!" What did the blonde Klingon say? It was a good day to dye.

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (VoyagerLady <voyagerlady13NOvoSPAM@yahoo.com.invalid>)

That was uncalled for, Velian. Ronda * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Mournful Ta' <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Michele <belanna@uswest.net> wrote in message news:393AE6F5.6004BD5C@uswest.net... > "Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" wrote: > > > > Michele wrote > > > > > > But she has a heart, and you don't. By the say i know what > > > she looks like. Even with a bag over her head. She is more > > > of a person then you are. Besides no one needs to justify > > > anything to you. > > > > > > > Don't waste your breath Michele, simply block sender and killfile the > > silly little s.o.b. > > > I went back and deleted it. I will. I am tired of the > trolls. ROFL Velian is harmless. At best, he gives sad onliners. At worse, he gives some bad thoughts on Voy...

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Just re-watched Timeless - ("Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

[...]

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (King of Cyberia <garyli@reincarnate.com.GRETHOR>)

On Jun 4, 2000 at exactly 16:32 local time, Michele typed in a post, M :> > But she has a heart, and you don't. By the say i know what M :> > she looks like. Even with a bag over her head. She is more M :> > of a person then you are. Besides no one needs to justify M :> > anything to you. BEC :> BEC :> Don't waste your breath Michele, simply block sender and killfile BEC :>the silly little s.o.b. M : M : M :I went back and deleted it. I will. I am tired of the M :trolls. ::comfort:: I didn't see *Venom's* post... maybe my feed has a killfile after all. ;-) What exactly did you say that he trolled? -- btw, I think Timeless is a waste of energy. *hint*RESET_button*cough* WuName: the Silent Observer (Not related to the ppl at www.geocities.com/ussindependencea/index.html) Home of Section 31 and Area 001 Command: home.coqui.net/hannbio/index1.htm

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

King of Cyberia wrote: > > On Jun 4, 2000 at exactly 16:32 local time, Michele typed in a post, > > M :> > But she has a heart, and you don't. By the say i know what > M :> > she looks like. Even with a bag over her head. She is more > M :> > of a person then you are. Besides no one needs to justify > M :> > anything to you. > BEC :> > BEC :> Don't waste your breath Michele, simply block sender and killfile > BEC :>the silly little s.o.b. > M : > M : > M :I went back and deleted it. I will. I am tired of the > M :trolls. > > ::comfort:: > I didn't see *Venom's* post... maybe my feed has a killfile after all. ;-) > What exactly did you say that he trolled? > > -- > btw, I think Timeless is a waste of energy. *hint*RESET_button*cough* > > WuName: the Silent Observer > (Not related to the ppl at www.geocities.com/ussindependencea/index.html) > Home of Section 31 and Area 001 Command: home.coqui.net/hannbio/index1.htm I bet a cup of klingon coffee this has been answered. Basically julianna posted something and he basically said that "the fat girl and oneliners" I tend to defend friends, even if the comment wouldnt hurt them. It is a throw back when people used to say mean things to me. It was underserved, and he was being an asshole. - Michele "take the cheese to sickbay" B'elanna What is the phrase heard most often in Voyager's Mess Hall? "Medical Emergency!!!" What did the blonde Klingon say? It was a good day to dye.

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Allie Andrews <allie@jupiter23.demon.co.uk>)

Engaged Pie (aka Gordon) <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message > c > o > m > e > s > > t > h > e > > s > p > o > i > l > e > r > > s > p > a > c > e > A few observations. Robert Beltran and Garret Wang do a great job in > this episode. It more than stands up to repeated viewing, and actually I > think that Beltran did a good job of portraying Chakotay in this > episode. He displayed a good range, from the firm, smouldering Chakotay > angry and regretful about the failure in the past - there was a good > scene with the EMH aboard the frozen Voyager, we see him encounter the > ghosts of his own past when he plays back a log entry from Janeway. We > also get to see him in command mode, laughing with Harry, combating > Laforge in the Challenger and just "hanging" with his lady in the > future. Hmmm, Chakotay does seem to work better when not following behind Janeway like a little lap dog. He was great in Equinox II when he went against Janeway, and Scorpion II when he disobeyed her while she was unconscious and then in Timeless he was great because she wasn't there! > Harry had a great episode as well, showing lots of range, though having > re-watched this a couple of times now, I think Garret shows less finesse > than Beltran in his scenes. Having said that he does show good range, > from the laughing Harry with Chakotay as they lead Voyager in the > slipstream, concerned and urgent as he pleads his case to try the > slipstream even though it might fail, elated as he makes the final > transmission, and serious as he sits alone trying to see where he went > wrong. I did think Garrat showed the best of himself in Timeless. Before Timeless I had him pegged as a highly mediocre actor. Afterwards I saw him as someone with great potential. As you say he might have lacked a little finesse but he is a young and relatively inexperienced actor and I am sure if he had a good showcase like Timeless again he would show more maturity and be excellent Allie x

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Dui Bon Rin <assman.finalfrontier.com@home.com>)

Darth Ta' <tateria@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6aF_4.66092$v7.2761181@news-west.usenetserver.com... > > David B. <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:393B1F89.3C5D3591@hotmail.com... > > "Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" wrote: > > > > > > Summer's here, school is out, the season is over and > once again we have > > > to wait the whole summer for a new episode to discuss. > So what better > > > time to begin a regular review of previous Voyagers, and > on occasion > > > other Trek. > > > > > > OK today's episode is Timeless... > > > Here comes the spoiler space > > > > Timeless kicks ass. And Beltran shows he can act in this > one. > > Or he just got lucky... > No...

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

Bozo the Evil Klown wrote: > > >Wow. > > > >Another 1-liner from the fat girl. > > And amazingly, she contributes more in that one line than you have in *how* > many posts? Like a zillion dood!

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

"Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" wrote: > > Summer's here, school is out, the season is over and once again we have > to wait the whole summer for a new episode to discuss. So what better > time to begin a regular review of previous Voyagers, and on occasion > other Trek. > > OK today's episode is Timeless... > Here comes the spoiler space Timeless kicks ass. And Beltran shows he can act in this one.

2000-06-06 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - ("seven.ofnine" <seven.ofnine@btinternet.com>)

It would have been nice if it was written into the script that Chakotay had shown some feeling towards the bodies of his friends and crewmates, even if he hadn't seen them in **years. Seven

2000-06-16 00:00:00 - Re: Just re-watched Timeless - (Sunjeet81@yahoo.com)

On Sun, 04 Jun 2000 17:39:45 GMT, "Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote: >Summer's here, school is out, the season is over and once again we have >to wait the whole summer for a new episode to discuss. So what better >time to begin a regular review of previous Voyagers, and on occasion >other Trek. > >OK today's episode is Timeless... >Here comes the spoiler space >e >r >e > >c >o >m >e >s > >t >h >e > >s >p >o >i >l >e >r > >s >p >a >c >e > >OK enough of that, if you haven't seen Timeless and are still reading, >then being spoiled is your own fault. > >Timeless, a story of redemption as well as a neat use of time travel. > >We begin with Harry and Chakotay finding Voyager under many meters of >ice. They beam inside and find the ship all but destroyed. All decks >below 9 have been crushed into one layer of debris. Interestingly harry >says decks 10 through 14 are crushed, what happened to deck 15?? I guess >Good Shepherd was indeed a figment of a deranged writers imagination >since it apparently doesn't exist. > >Anyway we soon learn that Harry and Chakotay are here to salvage >something from the ship. Voyager crashed while attempting to use the >quantum slipstream drive to reach home. The drive wasn't quite right and >with Harry and Chakotay leading they attempted to use the flyer to feed >corrections in the flight back to Voyager to avoid disaster. >Unfortunately the slipstream destabilised and Harry sent the wrong >correction. The Flyer rides the slipstream home while Voyager falls out >and crashes on an ice world killing all aboard. Harry and Chakotay have >been searching for Voyager in the years since in order to send a message >back in time to prevent the disaster. > >They manage to salvage the components that they need and send their >message, a communications node from Seven. In the mean time we see some >nice scenes of Chakotay aboard Voyager encountering ghosts from his >past, harry discussing survivor guilt with the Doc, and a cameo from >LeVar Burton as Geordie, now commanding a Galaxy class ship chasing >after Chakotay and Harry to stop them changing history. > >The first attempt fails and Harry has to think fast to attempt another >transmission, in the meantime the Delta Flyer, the craft Chakotay and >Harry stole for their search, has been damaged and a warp core breech is >forming. Just as the core fails and the flyer explodes Harry manages one >last transmission. He sends new "corrections" to Seven that cause the >slipstream to dissipate completely, saving Voyager from crashing. > >Harry also sent a message for himself along with the data for Seven, and >this leads to a nice scene with Janeway at the end. > What you forget to mention is the blame and depression that Harry goes through. His random acts of anger that continue. The sacrifice the EMH makes of his own "life". The sacrifice of Harry, Chakotay, and his lady friend. The borg technology stolen. The anticipation that I felt during that countdown. God! I must have watched that last minute before the explosion a dozen times! >That's the story, and a good one it was. The effects throughout were >excellent, Voyager crashing into the ice was very effective. The iced up >interior was moody and spooky. Seven looked rather frozen and dead, >especially when they got her back to the Flyer. > Rather dead? I would said she was completely dead... >A few observations. Robert Beltran and Garret Wang do a great job in >this episode. It more than stands up to repeated viewing, and actually I >think that Beltran did a good job of portraying Chakotay in this >episode. He displayed a good range, from the firm, smouldering Chakotay >angry and regretful about the failure in the past - there was a good >scene with the EMH aboard the frozen Voyager, we see him encounter the >ghosts of his own past when he plays back a log entry from Janeway. We >also get to see him in command mode, laughing with Harry, combating >Laforge in the Challenger and just "hanging" with his lady in the >future. > >Harry had a great episode as well, showing lots of range, though having >re-watched this a couple of times now, I think Garret shows less finesse >than Beltran in his scenes. Having said that he does show good range, >from the laughing Harry with Chakotay as they lead Voyager in the >slipstream, concerned and urgent as he pleads his case to try the >slipstream even though it might fail, elated as he makes the final >transmission, and serious as he sits alone trying to see where he went >wrong. > >Actually there was a great Janeway scene at the very end of the episode >as well. Mulgrew did a fantastic job, it was a low key scene, but a >tense one. > >Over all everyone had some scenes in this one. The EMH was in humility >mode, his ego well in check. > >Goddess points for Seven are high, even made up to look like a corpse >that's been frozen for years she is beautiful, and she looked good at a >bridge station. > I have to agree on this one...Jeri Ryan is soooo hot! >Over all, this was an absorbing drama, well written, great effects, well >performed and balanced. An excellent episode all round. There was no >dodgy science and no obvious mistakes in continuity. Congratulations to >all involved, now can we please have some more? > >Marks from 10? 9���. I'd give a 10, except that would leave no room for >improvement, and as good as this was, there is always some room for >improvement. > >