FLM films - My Webpage

2000-06-03 00:00:00 - Akira Class?? (Was: Re: Photon Torpedos) - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

2000-06-03 00:00:00 - Re: Akira Class?? (Was: Re: Photon Torpedos) - ("Chris W." <el_capitano@geocities.com>)

"Bozo the Evil Klown" <evilklowwn@aol.comedy> wrote in message news:20000603140903.14843.00001559@ng-xb1.aol.com... > >> What ship is Akira Class, and when was it shown? > > > >The Akira is that ship that looks like a catamaran (double hull > >attached to the saucer). It shows up on DS9 a lot, and also in First > >Contact (USS Thunderchild). > > The only ships that remind me of catamarans were Reliant and Saratoga. > > Anyone have a URL to a pic of an Akira Class? The Reliant and Saratoga were both Miranda-class vessels. Akiras hake a sort-of similar design, but the nacelles are further back. You can find pictures here: http://www.shiporama.org/akira.htm The most notable appearances of the Akira class were (1) in First Contact shortly after Picard gives the order to fire on the Borg Cube (there's a good close-up of the Thunderchild firing photons) and (2) in DS9's "Tears of the Prophets" (5 or so Cardie weapons platforms gang up on an Akira-class ship flying to the left of the screen, which ends up burnt and battered, spinning off out of control). Chris W.

2000-06-10 00:00:00 - Re: Akira Class?? (Was: Re: Photon Torpedos) - (rh137 <rh137@york.ac.uk>)

look at the startrek section of my web site http://members.tripod.co.uk/RichardHorler/ Richard Bozo the Evil Klown wrote: > > >> What ship is Akira Class, and when was it shown? > > > >The Akira is that ship that looks like a catamaran (double hull > >attached to the saucer). It shows up on DS9 a lot, and also in First > >Contact (USS Thunderchild). > > The only ships that remind me of catamarans were Reliant and Saratoga. > > Anyone have a URL to a pic of an Akira Class? > > Thanks. > > ***************************************** > > "Insanity is a part of the times, Vir: You must learn to *embrace* the > madness!!" Londo Mollari