FLM films - My Webpage

2000-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: "Tsunkatse" - SPOILERS - (Laura Ware <laware@strato.net>)

Arlie <arlie88@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message news:20000210004036.01031.00000804@ng-cg1.aol.com... > I loved the scene in the mess hall. Yes, it was a tad contrived, but it was > fun anyway. We got to see a side of Tom, Harry, Chakotay and B'Elanna that we > don't usually see. Torres teasing Chakotay about his boxing. Harry > challenging acting Captain Chuckles to a boxing match. Tom and Harry indulging > in some physical horseplay. ("You punch like a Ferengi"? LOL! Harry's getting > all the good lines lately.) Yeah, it was nice to see them acting like friends... > And it appears the Doc is not all *that* enamored of Seven. He likes her > enough to invite her on shore leave with him...but not enough to accompany her > to study a nebula. (And the way she handled that situation...I'd say she no > longer needs social lessons!) > > They shoveled on the continuity with a bulldozer this ep. Well, for the last > season or two, anyway. Chuckles mentions boxing again. Harry, ship's jock and > BMOC at the Academy, mentions Parisses Squares again. Harry's clarinet > playing, the Doc's interest in insects, Seven's social lessons, etc. At last! The writer's remembered what was written previously!

2000-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: "Tsunkatse" - SPOILERS - (Lisa <dugmore@freeuk.com>)

"5er" <5er_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:87u585$a0k@drn.newsguy.com... > In article <87u1u2$641@drn.newsguy.com>, Wavemaker says... > > > >Arlie, I don't really have anything to add to your review because you said it > >all so well! I hope you continue writing these because they are EXCELLENT! > > See, I thought it was really boring. OTOH, at least we got to see some Tuvok, > as well as some old DS9 people. > [poke] -- Lisa "When I'm feeling weak And my pain walks down a one way street I look above And I know I'll always be blessed with love"

2000-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: "Tsunkatse" - SPOILERS - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen@hotmail.com.NO.spam>)

Arlie wrote: > > Well, this wasn't a particularly deep episode of Voyager, but it was fun. Yet > *another* Seven episode... better than yet *another* holo-Sullivan-lover crap :-) > but the Hirogen character she interacts most with was > compelling enough that I wasn't bored. Trust J.G. Hertzler to do a great job... > And I confess, I liked the scenes of the crew joking around together, off the > bridge and off-duty. Yes, some of it was a bit forced, but since I've been > kvetching for months now about how Voyager needs more character interaction, > I'm not going to complain too much. (shrug) could've done without some of it... > Some nice moments with Seven and Tuvok. They spend two hours on the shuttle > not talking...and like it. Those two really do have a lot in common. Which is obviously why the writers don't show them together more often.... :-) > Seven's > concern for Tuvok and his for her were nicely understated. Tuvok was great in > the tag. Isn't he always? :-) That man absolutely *rules*. > I didn't like Seven as much. Not Jeri Ryan's fault. I just thought > the writing for her was over the top. Seven doesn't seem like the type to > indulge in verbal hand-wringing that way. > > Since we got Tom and B'Elanna kissing last week, this week they have to act > like they hardly know each other. which is probably for the better given their lack of chemistry... > Oh, except in Tom's scene with Seven, in > which he acts like a pig. I *hated* that scene. He stands around like the 20th > century boyfriend from hell, complaining about how women always overpack. But that's what he is, the 20th century boyfriend from hell, is he not? :-) > And > then blabs about B'Elanna's teddy bear to Seven. One, I find it hard to > believe a Maquis terrorist could or would bring "Toby the Targ" with her. Two, > if she did, she sure wouldn't want Tom telling her arch-enemy Seven about it. > *Baad* Tommy. > that's what *I* call "character consistency" :-) (and I can't help it, but I *like* the idea of B'Elanna and a stuffed Targ) > Torres and Chuckles were fun in this one. They attend the first tsunkatse > match together (no Tom in sight). This woman really has abysmal taste in men! When she's not with her heartless jerk of a boyfriend, she hangs with this wooden statue... > Later, she tries to get Chakotay to make > Harry take his shift, so he can attend another match with her. Instead, she is > double-crossed, and he makes *her* take the watch. (Chakotay is truly evil!) > On the good side, we finally see Torres in the big seat. On the bad side, it's > because it's boy's night out on Voyager. Chakotay, Neelix, Paris, and Kim go > off to the big game, leaving B'Elanna minding the store. Still, I liked C/T in > this episode. You had the feeling that they were old friends. I still say, show her more with Harry than any of the other two... > I loved the scene in the mess hall. Yes, it was a tad contrived, but it was > fun anyway. We got to see a side of Tom, Harry, Chakotay and B'Elanna that we > don't usually see. Torres teasing Chakotay about his boxing. Harry > challenging acting Captain Chuckles to a boxing match. Tom and Harry indulging > in some physical horseplay. ("You punch like a Ferengi"? LOL! Harry's getting > all the good lines lately.) > > And it appears the Doc is not all *that* enamored of Seven. He likes her > enough to invite her on shore leave with him...but not enough to accompany her > to study a nebula. That should tell her who the *really* classy guy on that ship is :-) > (And the way she handled that situation...I'd say she no > longer needs social lessons!) > > They shoveled on the continuity with a bulldozer this ep. Well, for the last > season or two, anyway. They forgot the singing, though :-) And Naomi :-) > Chuckles mentions boxing again. Harry, ship's jock and > BMOC at the Academy, mentions Parisses Squares again. Harry's clarinet > playing, the Doc's interest in insects, Seven's social lessons, etc. > > It was nice to see a Hirogen again. And a very sympathetic one. I hope he > finds his son. > > The bottom line: a pleasant if unremarkable outing. > > Next week: Borg brats. And it looks like it's Harry's turn as unconscious > victim. (What was that stuff all over his neck, anyway? Burns? Borg > implants?) unconscious victim can be very nice :-) Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: "Tsunkatse" - SPOILERS - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueen@hotmail.com.NO.spam>)

5er wrote: > > In article <87u1u2$641@drn.newsguy.com>, Wavemaker says... > > > >Arlie, I don't really have anything to add to your review because you said it > >all so well! I hope you continue writing these because they are EXCELLENT! > > See, I thought it was really boring. OTOH, at least we got to see some Tuvok, in other words: It was everything *but* boring :-) He's *the* most riveting guy aboard, even when unconscious, comatose or otherwise incapacitated :-) > as well as some old DS9 people. LOL! I doubt they'd like being called "old" :-) Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: "Tsunkatse" - SPOILERS - (TC <yewston@ix.REMOVE.netcom.com>)

Arlie wrote >... >Well, this wasn't a particularly deep episode of Voyager, but it was fun. Yet >*another* Seven episode...but the Hirogen character she interacts most with was >compelling enough that I wasn't bored. > >And I confess, I liked the scenes of the crew joking around together, off the >bridge and off-duty. Yes, some of it was a bit forced, but since I've been >kvetching for months now about how Voyager needs more character interaction, >I'm not going to complain too much. >Some nice moments with Seven and Tuvok. They spend two hours on the shuttle >not talking...and like it. Those two really do have a lot in common. Seven's >concern for Tuvok and his for her were nicely understated. Tuvok was great in >the tag. I didn't like Seven as much. Not Jeri Ryan's fault. I just thought >the writing for her was over the top. Seven doesn't seem like the type to >indulge in verbal hand-wringing that way. Just last week Seven talked about embracing her guilt as a way to help her grow. Now all of a sudden it's taking away her humanity? She is becoming a bit more verbose lately. Hopefully it is the writers allowing her to grow and not a mistake. <EG>. I kind of wish she would start calling herself Anneka Hansen, but that's probably just me. >Since we got Tom and B'Elanna kissing last week, this week they have to act >like they hardly know each other. Oh, except in Tom's scene with Seven, in >which he acts like a pig. I *hated* that scene. He stands around like the 20th >century boyfriend from hell, complaining about how women always overpack. And >then blabs about B'Elanna's teddy bear to Seven. One, I find it hard to >believe a Maquis terrorist could or would bring "Toby the Targ" with her. Two, >if she did, she sure wouldn't want Tom telling her arch-enemy Seven about it. >*Baad* Tommy. I thought it was a bit contrived also. What was the point? >Torres and Chuckles were fun in this one. They attend the first tsunkatse >match together (no Tom in sight). Later, she tries to get Chakotay to make >Harry take his shift, so he can attend another match with her. Instead, she is >double-crossed, and he makes *her* take the watch. (Chakotay is truly evil!) >On the good side, we finally see Torres in the big seat. On the bad side, it's >because it's boy's night out on Voyager. Chakotay, Neelix, Paris, and Kim go >off to the big game, leaving B'Elanna minding the store. Still, I liked C/T in >this episode. You had the feeling that they were old friends. They do seem to like each other better than she and Tom do. Maybe she has finally accepted that Harry is Tom's true soul-mate and is going to move on with her life. >I loved the scene in the mess hall. Yes, it was a tad contrived, but it was >fun anyway. We got to see a side of Tom, Harry, Chakotay and B'Elanna that we >don't usually see. Torres teasing Chakotay about his boxing. Harry >challenging acting Captain Chuckles to a boxing match. Tom and Harry indulging >in some physical horseplay. ("You punch like a Ferengi"? LOL! Harry's getting >all the good lines lately.) > >And it appears the Doc is not all *that* enamored of Seven. He likes her >enough to invite her on shore leave with him...but not enough to accompany her >to study a nebula. (And the way she handled that situation...I'd say she no >longer needs social lessons!) Just what is a micronebula going to contract to? The last time they passed a mini nebula (Tinker, Tenor, etc) they passed it by without a second look. >They shoveled on the continuity with a bulldozer this ep. Well, for the last >season or two, anyway. Chuckles mentions boxing again. Harry, ship's jock and >BMOC at the Academy, mentions Parisses Squares again. Harry's clarinet >playing, the Doc's interest in insects, Seven's social lessons, etc. They are making up for the previous 5 years with this and "Conspiracy". >It was nice to see a Hirogen again. And a very sympathetic one. I hope he >finds his son. > >The bottom line: a pleasant if unremarkable outing. Agreed, there were a few good moments. >Next week: Borg brats. And it looks like it's Harry's turn as unconscious >victim. (What was that stuff all over his neck, anyway? Burns? Borg >implants?) hickeys? TC > >-- Arlie

2000-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: "Tsunkatse" - SPOILERS - (Wavemaker <Wavemaker_member@newsguy.com>)

2000-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: "Tsunkatse" - SPOILERS - (5er <5er_member@newsguy.com>)

In article <87u1u2$641@drn.newsguy.com>, Wavemaker says... > >Arlie, I don't really have anything to add to your review because you said it >all so well! I hope you continue writing these because they are EXCELLENT! See, I thought it was really boring. OTOH, at least we got to see some Tuvok, as well as some old DS9 people.

2000-02-10 00:00:00 - "Tsunkatse" - SPOILERS - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

Well, this wasn't a particularly deep episode of Voyager, but it was fun. Yet *another* Seven episode...but the Hirogen character she interacts most with was compelling enough that I wasn't bored. And I confess, I liked the scenes of the crew joking around together, off the bridge and off-duty. Yes, some of it was a bit forced, but since I've been kvetching for months now about how Voyager needs more character interaction, I'm not going to complain too much. Some nice moments with Seven and Tuvok. They spend two hours on the shuttle not talking...and like it. Those two really do have a lot in common. Seven's concern for Tuvok and his for her were nicely understated. Tuvok was great in the tag. I didn't like Seven as much. Not Jeri Ryan's fault. I just thought the writing for her was over the top. Seven doesn't seem like the type to indulge in verbal hand-wringing that way. Since we got Tom and B'Elanna kissing last week, this week they have to act like they hardly know each other. Oh, except in Tom's scene with Seven, in which he acts like a pig. I *hated* that scene. He stands around like the 20th century boyfriend from hell, complaining about how women always overpack. And then blabs about B'Elanna's teddy bear to Seven. One, I find it hard to believe a Maquis terrorist could or would bring "Toby the Targ" with her. Two, if she did, she sure wouldn't want Tom telling her arch-enemy Seven about it. *Baad* Tommy. Torres and Chuckles were fun in this one. They attend the first tsunkatse match together (no Tom in sight). Later, she tries to get Chakotay to make Harry take his shift, so he can attend another match with her. Instead, she is double-crossed, and he makes *her* take the watch. (Chakotay is truly evil!) On the good side, we finally see Torres in the big seat. On the bad side, it's because it's boy's night out on Voyager. Chakotay, Neelix, Paris, and Kim go off to the big game, leaving B'Elanna minding the store. Still, I liked C/T in this episode. You had the feeling that they were old friends. I loved the scene in the mess hall. Yes, it was a tad contrived, but it was fun anyway. We got to see a side of Tom, Harry, Chakotay and B'Elanna that we don't usually see. Torres teasing Chakotay about his boxing. Harry challenging acting Captain Chuckles to a boxing match. Tom and Harry indulging in some physical horseplay. ("You punch like a Ferengi"? LOL! Harry's getting all the good lines lately.) And it appears the Doc is not all *that* enamored of Seven. He likes her enough to invite her on shore leave with him...but not enough to accompany her to study a nebula. (And the way she handled that situation...I'd say she no longer needs social lessons!) They shoveled on the continuity with a bulldozer this ep. Well, for the last season or two, anyway. Chuckles mentions boxing again. Harry, ship's jock and BMOC at the Academy, mentions Parisses Squares again. Harry's clarinet playing, the Doc's interest in insects, Seven's social lessons, etc. It was nice to see a Hirogen again. And a very sympathetic one. I hope he finds his son. The bottom line: a pleasant if unremarkable outing. Next week: Borg brats. And it looks like it's Harry's turn as unconscious victim. (What was that stuff all over his neck, anyway? Burns? Borg implants?) -- Arlie