FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-23 00:00:00 - Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com>)

Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I confess I'm looking forward to it. The promos look good, although we all know that doesn't tell us anything. I hope it is a good season finale because I need it to take my mind off a lot of what has happened this year. Season Six has been remarkably uneven and it would help if it could end on a high note, especially if Janeway comes off well. She's lost some of her luster this season, not so much in "Equinox," or even in "Fair Haven." My only problem with "Equinox" was the Lessing bit, and I can excuse that considering what she was trying to prevent. And I can live with "Fair Haven" because the writers didn't go too far; at least they had Janeway come to her senses at the end. But "Spirit Folk" was just dumb. So here's hoping "Unimatrix Zero" is on a par with "Scorpion." I need it. And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. What a roller coaster it has been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm still reeling a bit from that. I've noticed that several other regulars seem to feel similar, particularly Allie. I've thought a lot about why the whole RR thing left me so.... drained. I don't think it has anything to do with losing my faith in newsgroups, because I've always been well aware that anyone can be anything. It's a sad reality of life that people can fool us, and on the Internet it's a lot easier. However, I don't think that is what happened with the RR incident. I think what happened is that a friend made a mistake and let us down. He had a problem and when the chips were down he didn't think he could tell us the truth, and we feel just as hurt as if it had happened in the flesh-and-blood world. It's not about the Internet. One more thing: This may be an odd time to say so, but I've decided I want a Voyager movie. Ever since I saw Mulgrew in "Trekkies" I've been thinking a Voyager movie would be great. She appeared in uniform and I have to say she looked terrific on the big screen. I'm sick of the TNG crowd, especially Picard, Data, Worf and Riker. Enough already! Voyager is a ship-based show so there certainly could be a Voyager movie, maybe something about a special voyage back to the far reaches of the Delta Quadrant (I'm assuming they will get home at the end of the series). It could be great. Let's hope it all starts with a terrific finale to Season Six tomorrow night. -- Amarna

2000-05-23 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Ta' <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message news:bkemisk7s75nue2e0ec0ku5civoho87gc7@4ax.com... > Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I confess I'm > looking forward to it. Janeway assimilated! I'm dreading it. > The promos look good, although we all know > that doesn't tell us anything. Heh. I need a promo of me. That way I could look smart, sexy and vivacious... > I hope it is a good season finale > because I need it to take my mind off a lot of what has happened this > year. Mee too. > Season Six has been remarkably uneven and it would help if it could > end on a high note, especially if Janeway comes off well. She's lost > some of her luster this season, not so much in "Equinox," or even in > "[Name Deleted]" My only problem with "Equinox" was the Lessing bit, > and I can excuse that considering what she was trying to prevent. And > I can live with "[Name Deleted]" because the writers didn't go too far; at > least they had Janeway come to her senses at the end. But "[Name > Deleted]" was just dumb. > > So here's hoping "Unimatrix Zero" is on a par with "Scorpion." I need > it. <crosses fingers> [Snip RR stuff] > One more thing: This may be an odd time to say so, but I've decided I > want a Voyager movie. Ever since I saw Mulgrew in "Trekkies" I've > been thinking a Voyager movie would be great. She appeared in uniform > and I have to say she looked terrific on the big screen. I'm sick of > the TNG crowd, especially Picard, Data, Worf and Riker. Enough > already! Voyager is a ship-based show so there certainly could be a > Voyager movie, maybe something about a special voyage back to the far > reaches of the Delta Quadrant (I'm assuming they will get home at the > end of the series). It could be great. I'm still torn. I want one, but I want a good one, which I dont trust the writers to do now a days... > Let's hope it all starts with a terrific finale to Season Six tomorrow > night. <crosses fingers>

2000-05-23 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Lady Pie aka Mic <LadyPie_2000@yahoo.co.uk>)

Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message news:bkemisk7s75nue2e0ec0ku5civoho87gc7@4ax.com... > > And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. What a roller coaster it has > been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm > still reeling a bit from that. I've noticed that several other > regulars seem to feel similar, particularly Allie. I've thought a > lot about why the whole RR thing left me so.... drained. I don't > think it has anything to do with losing my faith in newsgroups, > because I've always been well aware that anyone can be anything. It's > a sad reality of life that people can fool us, and on the Internet > it's a lot easier. However, I don't think that is what happened with > the RR incident. I think what happened is that a friend made a > mistake and let us down. He had a problem and when the chips were > down he didn't think he could tell us the truth, and we feel just as > hurt as if it had happened in the flesh-and-blood world. It's not > about the Internet. <comfort> I know what you mean. Then right on the heels of all that, this latest thing with John Ro and the results of some choosing to leave the NG ... well it is just all very sad. I didn't know Cronan - but I miss RR and John. I really miss Allie, but I know she is busy and has her reasons. I know Shammie left the group over that JR mess and I wonder if Fiver did too. They have both been very prolific at the TNG group, but nothing here. It is just upsetting to me. I love this place and I don't want to see it change like this or even die out. I am very upset :-((((((. I now others are as well. I wish I had some answers......... Mic

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (LadyJane <LadyJane@bebows.com>)

On Wed, 24 May 2000 16:17:58 GMT, Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote: >> Lessee...wasn't there one or two people who admitted to liking 'Spirit >> Folk'? Somewhere? Bueller? > >(raises hand while sitting at the back of the class.) I liked it too!!!! (Jumping up and down enthusiastically). Go ahead make fun of me. I don't care, I'm used to it. I think it was just supposed to be a fun episode, and that is exactly how I took it.

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Michele <belanna@uswest.net>)

LadyJane wrote: > > On Wed, 24 May 2000 16:17:58 GMT, Zabana Brandon > <zabana@collegetoday.com> wrote: > > >> Lessee...wasn't there one or two people who admitted to liking 'Spirit > >> Folk'? Somewhere? Bueller? > > > >(raises hand while sitting at the back of the class.) > > I liked it too!!!! (Jumping up and down enthusiastically). Go ahead > make fun of me. I don't care, I'm used to it. I think it was just > supposed to be a fun episode, and that is exactly how I took it. I liked it also. Seven only had one line. I didnt care for janeway caring for her holoboyfriend then her crewmen Michele "You're both jerks!" - Deanna Troi

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Wed, 24 May 2000 18:35:33 GMT, "BTS" <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net> wrote: > > >Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com> wrote in article > >> > Agreed. I hope it will give us some good issues to chew over during the >> > summer, since this is our last interstitial Voyager summer. >> >> What the flip does that mean???? > >This summer is the last one in which we will have another season of Voyager >to look forward to seeing (or dread seeing, depending on your point of >view). Definitely the latter... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com>)

"BTS" <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net> wrote in message news:01bfc5af$4b124360$dae62fd8@bs... > > > Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com> wrote in article > > > > Agreed. I hope it will give us some good issues to chew over during the > > > summer, since this is our last interstitial Voyager summer. > > > > What the flip does that mean???? > > This summer is the last one in which we will have another season of Voyager > to look forward to seeing (or dread seeing, depending on your point of > view). > Brian!!! <hug> but what does "inerstitial" actually mean?

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com>)

Steve wrote > > > The John Ro thing was very strange. > As to people choosing to leave the NG, well....and I'm not by any > stretch singling out individuals, just talking in general from what I've > seen over some time now...if a person can't figure out that you have to > take the good with the bad then by all means get the fuck out. I'm > sorry, but I need to get this off my chest. I'm tired of these pouty > and/or dramatic exits. Beat your feet. In real life friendships and > relationships have highs and lows, DUH, and if someone is just the sort > of person who bolts when things get tough then maybe you're not > worthwhile in the first place. > > I do agree here, remember our chat the other day about our long term friendships, my two best friends have been my friends for about 25 years, we have gone through school together, finding our first jobs, getting engaged, getting married and now our children play together the same way that we did. These friendships have endured alot of ups and downs because we all accept that our lives run on different paths and that we have different opinions on things, but our underlying friendship is always there. One of the greatest things to happen to me this year is that one of my friends who moved away to live elsewhere in the country because of her job has moved back and now only lives a couple of miles away from me. > > > All things change. Over the years I've seen many people come and go > > from this newsgroup. I still remember some of the people who left in > > flames five years ago just when I was getting started, as well as some > > people who just faded or left quietly after sharing personal troubles > > with me by email, and I wonder what they are doing now, and if they > > are okay. But that's life, not just newsgroups. People move on. It > > doesn't mean you didn't have the experiences you had. They're still > > real. > > > Wise words as always. They usually are from Amarna :-) Lisa

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com>)

On Wed, 24 May 2000 10:32:32 -0500, Bill Crawford <koichi@fastlane.net> wrote: >On Tue, 23 May 2000 22:48:29 -0400, Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> >wrote: [snip] > >>So here's hoping "Unimatrix Zero" is on a par with "Scorpion." I need >>it. > >For Voyager, that's a pretty big windmill to tilt against. Aim low. >Really low. :) You're right about that. "Scorpion" is a tough one to try to better. >>And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. What a roller coaster it has >>been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm >>still reeling a bit from that. I've noticed that several other >>regulars seem to feel similar, particularly Allie. I've thought a >>lot about why the whole RR thing left me so.... drained. I don't >>think it has anything to do with losing my faith in newsgroups, >>because I've always been well aware that anyone can be anything. It's >>a sad reality of life that people can fool us, and on the Internet >>it's a lot easier. However, I don't think that is what happened with >>the RR incident. I think what happened is that a friend made a >>mistake and let us down. He had a problem and when the chips were >>down he didn't think he could tell us the truth, and we feel just as >>hurt as if it had happened in the flesh-and-blood world. It's not >>about the Internet. > >"What is real? How do you define 'real'?" - Morpheus, 'The Matrix' > >My answer is that 'real' isn't necessarily tangible, but it still can >affect you in some way. > >>One more thing: This may be an odd time to say so, but I've decided I >>want a Voyager movie. Ever since I saw Mulgrew in "Trekkies" I've >>been thinking a Voyager movie would be great. She appeared in uniform >>and I have to say she looked terrific on the big screen. I'm sick of >>the TNG crowd, especially Picard, Data, Worf and Riker. Enough >>already! Voyager is a ship-based show so there certainly could be a >>Voyager movie, maybe something about a special voyage back to the far >>reaches of the Delta Quadrant (I'm assuming they will get home at the >>end of the series). It could be great. > >You know, I never DID see 'Trekkies.' I'll have to hunt down the DVD, >I guess... It's entertaining and pretty balanced overall. I didn't know there was a DVD though. >>Let's hope it all starts with a terrific finale to Season Six tomorrow >>night. > >Right now, I'm hoping for 'doesn't suck.' Anything above that is just >a bonus. :) > >- Will, ever-vigil--<thud> -- Amarna

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com>)

On Wed, 24 May 2000 22:10:07 GMT, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >Lisa wrote: >> >> Steve wrote >> > [snip] >> > >> > Wise words as always. >> >> They usually are from Amarna :-) > > >Quite. I suppose she is our NG mum now, eh? [runs] :-) Oh god.... [sigh] -- Amarna

On Tue, 23 May 2000 23:08:23 -0500, "Ta'" <tateria@yahoo.com> wrote: > >Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message >news:bkemisk7s75nue2e0ec0ku5civoho87gc7@4ax.com... >> Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I >confess I'm >> looking forward to it. > >Janeway assimilated! I'm dreading it. > She's not the only one to be assimilated... and you're not the only one fearing the worst... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (BTS <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net>)

Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com> wrote in article > > Agreed. I hope it will give us some good issues to chew over during the > > summer, since this is our last interstitial Voyager summer. > > What the flip does that mean???? This summer is the last one in which we will have another season of Voyager to look forward to seeing (or dread seeing, depending on your point of view). -- later... b.t.s. occassionally, I'm callous and strange - btvs

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (BTS <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net>)

Michael J. Solomon <mike.sol@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article <ppsnison0s6bfnvva0d8rji0eaclgk2gl8@4ax.com>... > >And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. What a roller coaster it has > >been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm > > Do mean Cronan Thompson? What happened? He had Hodgkins Disease (lymphoma)cancer and died last year. There is a tribute site, http://ducttape.simplenet.com/cronan/ -- later... b.t.s. occassionally, I'm callous and strange - btvs

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Ta' <tateria@yahoo.com>)

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Bill Crawford <koichi@fastlane.net>)

On Tue, 23 May 2000 22:48:29 -0400, Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote: >Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I confess I'm >looking forward to it. The promos look good, although we all know >that doesn't tell us anything. I hope it is a good season finale >because I need it to take my mind off a lot of what has happened this >year. Having come in...late, so to speak...it's been a pretty warped season. For a lot of people, in a lot of ways. >Season Six has been remarkably uneven and it would help if it could >end on a high note, especially if Janeway comes off well. She's lost >some of her luster this season, not so much in "Equinox," or even in >"Fair Haven." My only problem with "Equinox" was the Lessing bit, >and I can excuse that considering what she was trying to prevent. And >I can live with "Fair Haven" because the writers didn't go too far; at >least they had Janeway come to her senses at the end. But "Spirit >Folk" was just dumb. Lessee...wasn't there one or two people who admitted to liking 'Spirit Folk'? Somewhere? Bueller? >So here's hoping "Unimatrix Zero" is on a par with "Scorpion." I need >it. For Voyager, that's a pretty big windmill to tilt against. Aim low. Really low. :) >And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. What a roller coaster it has >been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm >still reeling a bit from that. I've noticed that several other >regulars seem to feel similar, particularly Allie. I've thought a >lot about why the whole RR thing left me so.... drained. I don't >think it has anything to do with losing my faith in newsgroups, >because I've always been well aware that anyone can be anything. It's >a sad reality of life that people can fool us, and on the Internet >it's a lot easier. However, I don't think that is what happened with >the RR incident. I think what happened is that a friend made a >mistake and let us down. He had a problem and when the chips were >down he didn't think he could tell us the truth, and we feel just as >hurt as if it had happened in the flesh-and-blood world. It's not >about the Internet. "What is real? How do you define 'real'?" - Morpheus, 'The Matrix' My answer is that 'real' isn't necessarily tangible, but it still can affect you in some way. >One more thing: This may be an odd time to say so, but I've decided I >want a Voyager movie. Ever since I saw Mulgrew in "Trekkies" I've >been thinking a Voyager movie would be great. She appeared in uniform >and I have to say she looked terrific on the big screen. I'm sick of >the TNG crowd, especially Picard, Data, Worf and Riker. Enough >already! Voyager is a ship-based show so there certainly could be a >Voyager movie, maybe something about a special voyage back to the far >reaches of the Delta Quadrant (I'm assuming they will get home at the >end of the series). It could be great. You know, I never DID see 'Trekkies.' I'll have to hunt down the DVD, I guess... >Let's hope it all starts with a terrific finale to Season Six tomorrow >night. Right now, I'm hoping for 'doesn't suck.' Anything above that is just a bonus. :) - Will, ever-vigil--<thud>

Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com> wrote in message news:ovMW4.4133$sE.447502@news3.cableinet.net... > > "Ta'" <tateria@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:eBIW4.42564$g41.1943360@news-west.usenetserver.com... > > > > Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message > > news:bkemisk7s75nue2e0ec0ku5civoho87gc7@4ax.com... > > > Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I > > confess I'm > > > looking forward to it. > > > > Janeway assimilated! I'm dreading it. > > I shall metaphorically hold your hand from a distance <g> Hold me close. I may cry. > > > > > The promos look good, although we all know > > > that doesn't tell us anything. > > > > Heh. I need a promo of me. That way I could look smart, > > sexy and vivacious... > > You dont need a promo for that! You're one cool guy! <blush>

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com>)

"Ta'" <tateria@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hfSW4.49098 > > > > I shall metaphorically hold your hand from a distance <g> > > Hold me close. I may cry. I shall wipe away your tears. > > > > > > > > The promos look good, although we all know > > > > that doesn't tell us anything. > > > > > > Heh. I need a promo of me. That way I could look > smart, > > > sexy and vivacious... > > > > You dont need a promo for that! You're one cool guy! > > <blush> hee hee, I made you blush now <g> Lisa

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Bill Crawford wroteded: > Amarna wrote: > >Season Six has been remarkably uneven and it would help if it could > >end on a high note, especially if Janeway comes off well. She's lost > >some of her luster this season, not so much in "Equinox," or even in > >"Fair Haven." My only problem with "Equinox" was the Lessing bit, > >and I can excuse that considering what she was trying to prevent. And > >I can live with "Fair Haven" because the writers didn't go too far; at > >least they had Janeway come to her senses at the end. But "Spirit > >Folk" was just dumb. > > Lessee...wasn't there one or two people who admitted to liking 'Spirit > Folk'? Somewhere? Bueller? (raises hand while sitting at the back of the class.)

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - ("Michael J. Solomon" <mike.sol@worldnet.att.net>)

>And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. What a roller coaster it has >been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm Do mean Cronan Thompson? What happened?

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Zabana Brandon <zabana@collegetoday.com>)

Steve Christianson wroteded: > X-No-Anchovies: Ew ... no. > > <snipped Amarna's bit> > > Agreed. I hope it will give us some good issues to chew over during the > summer, since this is our last interstitial Voyager summer. Lord help me ... I actually thought that said, "our last intestinal Voyager summer."

"Amarna" <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message news:bkemisk7s75nue2e0ec0ku5civoho87gc7@4ax.com... > Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I confess I'm > looking forward to it. The promos look good, although we all know > that doesn't tell us anything. I hope it is a good season finale > because I need it to take my mind off a lot of what has happened this > year. Seconded. > > Season Six has been remarkably uneven and it would help if it could > end on a high note, especially if Janeway comes off well. She's lost > some of her luster this season, not so much in "Equinox," or even in > "Fair Haven." My only problem with "Equinox" was the Lessing bit, > and I can excuse that considering what she was trying to prevent. And > I can live with "Fair Haven" because the writers didn't go too far; at > least they had Janeway come to her senses at the end. But "Spirit > Folk" was just dumb. Too dumb to ever consider watching a second time. > > So here's hoping "Unimatrix Zero" is on a par with "Scorpion." I need > it. I've just rewatched Scorpion and I couldnt agree more, it was excellent and we really need something good to finish us off and get us into the last season on a high note. > > And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. Good description, for a while it really did stop being fun. > What a roller coaster it has > been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm > still reeling a bit from that. I've noticed that several other > regulars seem to feel similar, particularly Allie. I know, I certainly do. > I've thought a > lot about why the whole RR thing left me so.... drained. I don't > think it has anything to do with losing my faith in newsgroups, > because I've always been well aware that anyone can be anything. It's > a sad reality of life that people can fool us, and on the Internet > it's a lot easier. However, I don't think that is what happened with > the RR incident. I think what happened is that a friend made a > mistake and let us down. He had a problem and when the chips were > down he didn't think he could tell us the truth, and we feel just as > hurt as if it had happened in the flesh-and-blood world. It's not > about the Internet. Aint that the truth! I just felt as though we werent trusted and at the end of the day I wasnt even as close to Rob as some others were and if it made me feel that way it must have been a hell of a lot worse for others. > > One more thing: This may be an odd time to say so, but I've decided I > want a Voyager movie. <imaganing RB on the big screen> Yep, I want it too! > > Let's hope it all starts with a terrific finale to Season Six tomorrow > night. Fingers and toes crossed. Thanks for a good post Amarna Lisa

"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:392B4CB7.54AB@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Hi Amarna, you wrote: > > > > Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I confess I'm > > looking forward to it. The promos look good, although we all know > > that doesn't tell us anything. I hope it is a good season finale > > because I need it to take my mind off a lot of what has happened this > > year. > > > Agreed. I hope it will give us some good issues to chew over during the > summer, since this is our last interstitial Voyager summer. What the flip does that mean????

"Ta'" <tateria@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eBIW4.42564$g41.1943360@news-west.usenetserver.com... > > Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message > news:bkemisk7s75nue2e0ec0ku5civoho87gc7@4ax.com... > > Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I > confess I'm > > looking forward to it. > > Janeway assimilated! I'm dreading it. I shall metaphorically hold your hand from a distance <g> > > > The promos look good, although we all know > > that doesn't tell us anything. > > Heh. I need a promo of me. That way I could look smart, > sexy and vivacious... You dont need a promo for that! You're one cool guy! Lisa

"Lady Pie aka Mic" <LadyPie_2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:gLIW4.439$gZ4.252900@feed.centuryinter.net... > > > <comfort> I know what you mean. Then right on the heels of all that, this > latest thing with John Ro and the results of some choosing to leave the NG > ... well it is just all very sad. It is :-(. > > I didn't know Cronan - but I miss RR and John. I really miss Allie, but I > know she is busy and has her reasons. She is indeed studying very hard, but it will soon be over, only a few more weeks to go. > I know Shammie left the group over > that JR mess and I wonder if Fiver did too. They have both been very > prolific at the TNG group, but nothing here. It is just upsetting to me. I > love this place and I don't want to see it change like this or even die out. > I am very upset :-((((((. I now others are as well. I wish I had some > answers......... I didnt see a message from either of them saying they were leaving, so maybe they havent. Fiver does post some, under Ackman, but not as much. I think they are the only ones who can answer so we need to wait and see if they will. But it is very sad indeed :-((((( Lisa

On Wed, 24 May 2000 03:33:08 GMT, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >Hi Amarna, you wrote: >> >> Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I confess I'm >> looking forward to it. The promos look good, although we all know >> that doesn't tell us anything. I hope it is a good season finale >> because I need it to take my mind off a lot of what has happened this >> year. > > >Agreed. I hope it will give us some good issues to chew over during the >summer, since this is our last interstitial Voyager summer. > > >> Season Six has been remarkably uneven and it would help if it could >> end on a high note, especially if Janeway comes off well. She's lost >> some of her luster this season, not so much in "Equinox," or even in >> "Fair Haven." My only problem with "Equinox" was the Lessing bit, >> and I can excuse that considering what she was trying to prevent. > > >I had *no* problems with Janeway's actions in Equinox II, as you know. I >suppose we all view these things through our own personal moral prism. >Personally I'm a believer in the morality of the Old Testament (not for >religious reasons, I mean ethically/emotionally): an eye for an eye, a >tooth for a tooth. I would have cheerfully fed those bastards to the >aliens in a heartbeat. I pretty much agree. Like I said, considering what she was trying to stop, her treatment of Lessing was understandable. > > >> And >> I can live with "Fair Haven" because the writers didn't go too far; at >> least they had Janeway come to her senses at the end. But "Spirit >> Folk" was just dumb. > > >Let's admit it, both sucked. :-) > >> So here's hoping "Unimatrix Zero" is on a par with "Scorpion." I need >> it. >> >> And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. What a roller coaster it has >> been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm >> still reeling a bit from that. I've noticed that several other >> regulars seem to feel similar, particularly Allie. > > >She is not the only one. :-| > > >> I've thought a >> lot about why the whole RR thing left me so.... drained. I don't >> think it has anything to do with losing my faith in newsgroups, >> because I've always been well aware that anyone can be anything. It's >> a sad reality of life that people can fool us, and on the Internet >> it's a lot easier. However, I don't think that is what happened with >> the RR incident. I think what happened is that a friend made a >> mistake and let us down. He had a problem and when the chips were >> down he didn't think he could tell us the truth, and we feel just as >> hurt as if it had happened in the flesh-and-blood world. It's not >> about the Internet. > > >Agreed. Very well put. I wish those who recently chose to snidely deride >the RR posts as beneath their interest could understand that. > > >> One more thing: This may be an odd time to say so, but I've decided I >> want a Voyager movie. Ever since I saw Mulgrew in "Trekkies" I've >> been thinking a Voyager movie would be great. She appeared in uniform >> and I have to say she looked terrific on the big screen. I'm sick of >> the TNG crowd, especially Picard, Data, Worf and Riker. Enough >> already! Voyager is a ship-based show so there certainly could be a >> Voyager movie, maybe something about a special voyage back to the far >> reaches of the Delta Quadrant (I'm assuming they will get home at the >> end of the series). It could be great. > > >Mmmmm....I'm mixed on this. I certainly can't say I'm sick of Patrick >Stewart! Further, there've only been three STTNG movies. I believe one >more is in the works for next year. Yeah, that train is probably too far down the line to stop. So one more TNG movie. Then... >Maybe after that there could be a >transitional STTNG-VOY movie, sorta in the way that Generations was a >transitional TOS-STTNG movie. That could work. >My greatest fear is that they'll go with DS9 movies. Barf. Nope, they won't. Might use a character or two, but I doubt even that, because they aren't well known. The space station thing just didn't work, except for Trek die-hards (and I'm not putting them down, just stating a fact about the general public -- it likes ship shows). > > >> Let's hope it all starts with a terrific finale to Season Six tomorrow >> night. > > >Ditto. :-) [Amarna hoping...] -- Amarna

2000-05-24 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com>)

On Tue, 23 May 2000 23:24:30 -0500, "Lady Pie aka Mic" <LadyPie_2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > >Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message >news:bkemisk7s75nue2e0ec0ku5civoho87gc7@4ax.com... >> >> And the newsgroup. I feel wrung out. What a roller coaster it has >> been. Losing Cronan last October, and then the Rob Rey episode. I'm >> still reeling a bit from that. I've noticed that several other >> regulars seem to feel similar, particularly Allie. I've thought a >> lot about why the whole RR thing left me so.... drained. I don't >> think it has anything to do with losing my faith in newsgroups, >> because I've always been well aware that anyone can be anything. It's >> a sad reality of life that people can fool us, and on the Internet >> it's a lot easier. However, I don't think that is what happened with >> the RR incident. I think what happened is that a friend made a >> mistake and let us down. He had a problem and when the chips were >> down he didn't think he could tell us the truth, and we feel just as >> hurt as if it had happened in the flesh-and-blood world. It's not >> about the Internet. > ><comfort> I know what you mean. Then right on the heels of all that, this >latest thing with John Ro and the results of some choosing to leave the NG >... well it is just all very sad. > >I didn't know Cronan - but I miss RR and John. I really miss Allie, but I >know she is busy and has her reasons. I know Shammie left the group over >that JR mess and I wonder if Fiver did too. They have both been very >prolific at the TNG group, but nothing here. It is just upsetting to me. I >love this place and I don't want to see it change like this or even die out. >I am very upset :-((((((. I now others are as well. I wish I had some >answers......... > >Mic > All things change. Over the years I've seen many people come and go from this newsgroup. I still remember some of the people who left in flames five years ago just when I was getting started, as well as some people who just faded or left quietly after sharing personal troubles with me by email, and I wonder what they are doing now, and if they are okay. But that's life, not just newsgroups. People move on. It doesn't mean you didn't have the experiences you had. They're still real. Besides, I think Shammie and Fiver will be back. TNG is not happening. Maybe they'll take a summer break, but they'll be back. And I think Allie will too. So don't get down, Mic. Besides, you've got Pie. -- Amarna

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com>)

On Thu, 25 May 2000 12:23:56 GMT, Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >Amarna wrote: >> >> >> > Wise words as always. >> >> >> >> They usually are from Amarna :-) >> > >> > >> >Quite. I suppose she is our NG mum now, eh? [runs] :-) >> >> Oh god.... [sigh] > > >Which means when I'm bad you have to GIVE ME A SPANKING. > >[drops trou in anticipation] > ><g> I'm too tired from spanking Ta'. -- Amarna

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Mornful Ta' <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message news:pmpriskoqjguedqd50q743t9b60r46vf85@4ax.com... > On Thu, 25 May 2000 12:23:56 GMT, Steve Christianson > <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: > > >X-No-Archive: yes > > > > > > > >Amarna wrote: > >> > >> >> > Wise words as always. > >> >> > >> >> They usually are from Amarna :-) > >> > > >> > > >> >Quite. I suppose she is our NG mum now, eh? [runs] :-) > >> > >> Oh god.... [sigh] > > > > > >Which means when I'm bad you have to GIVE ME A SPANKING. > > > >[drops trou in anticipation] > > > ><g> > > I'm too tired from spanking Ta'. Whooo Hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {THUD}

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (BTS <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net>)

Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com> wrote in message news:j2XW4.985 : "BTS" <deletethisbstevens@usxchange.net> wrote in message : > Lisa <lisa@chakfan.com> wrote in article : > > > Agreed. I hope it will give us some good issues to chew over during : the summer, since this is our last interstitial Voyager summer. : > > What the flip does that mean???? : > This summer is the last one in which we will have another season of : Voyager to look forward to seeing (or dread seeing, depending on your point of view). : Brian!!! Lisa! : <hug> <smooch> : but what does "inerstitial" actually mean? Interstatial is the adjative of interstice, which is the space or interval between two parts. The parts in this case being seasons (or series to you goofy Brits) of Voyager. This summer is the last space or interval between seasons, as there will be no more new seasons after the next one (for us in the U.S., anyway). -- later... b.t.s. occasionally, I am callous and strange. - btvs

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)

On Wed, 24 May 2000 20:35:27 GMT, "Lisa" <lisa@chakfan.com> wrote: |interstitial Masked Man----->Interstices are gaps. -- Who was that masked man?

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)

On Tue, 23 May 2000 23:24:30 -0500, "Lady Pie aka Mic" <LadyPie_2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: |I didn't know Cronan - but I miss RR and John. I really miss Allie, but I |know she is busy and has her reasons. I know Shammie left the group over |that JR mess and I wonder if Fiver did too. They have both been very |prolific at the TNG group, but nothing here. It is just upsetting to me. I |love this place and I don't want to see it change like this or even die out. |I am very upset :-((((((. I now others are as well. I wish I had some |answers......... Masked Man----->I respect their choice, while I disagree with them. I will miss them, but we have plenty here to occupy our thoughts. And, it's not like they are out of our lives altogether. Shammie and Fiver, at least, are only a newsgroup away.... -- Who was that masked man?

2000-05-25 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (kemosabe@skyenet.net)

On Wed, 24 May 2000 21:31:21 GMT, "Lisa" <lisa@chakfan.com> wrote: |I do agree here, remember our chat the other day about our long term |friendships, my two best friends have been my friends for about 25 years, we |have gone through school together, finding our first jobs, getting engaged, |getting married and now our children play together the same way that we did. |These friendships have endured alot of ups and downs because we all accept |that our lives run on different paths and that we have different opinions on |things, but our underlying friendship is always there. One of the greatest |things to happen to me this year is that one of my friends who moved away to |live elsewhere in the country because of her job has moved back and now only |lives a couple of miles away from me. Masked Man----->You are blessed. I know this because I, too, have experienced what you have. -- Who was that masked man?

2000-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Lady Pie aka Mic <LadyPie_2000@yahoo.co.uk>)

Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> wrote in message news:4mhnissv0f9i3tp2tv58rs2526in21mpg9@4ax.com... > On Tue, 23 May 2000 23:24:30 -0500, "Lady Pie aka Mic" > <LadyPie_2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > > >I am very upset :-((((((. I now others are as well. I wish I had some > >answers......... > > > >Mic > > > All things change. Over the years I've seen many people come and go > from this newsgroup. I still remember some of the people who left in > flames five years ago just when I was getting started, as well as some > people who just faded or left quietly after sharing personal troubles > with me by email, and I wonder what they are doing now, and if they > are okay. But that's life, not just newsgroups. People move on. It > doesn't mean you didn't have the experiences you had. They're still > real. > > Besides, I think Shammie and Fiver will be back. TNG is not > happening. Maybe they'll take a summer break, but they'll be back. > And I think Allie will too. > > So don't get down, Mic. Besides, you've got Pie. :-)))))))))) Thanks, Amarna. For the advice. It is very sound. And, yes.... having Pie makes anything and everything worthwhile! Mic

2000-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

Bill Crawford wrote: > > On Tue, 23 May 2000 22:48:29 -0400, Amarna <amarna@pipeline.com> > wrote: > > >Well, one more day. Then the end of Season Six. I confess I'm > >looking forward to it. The promos look good, although we all know > >that doesn't tell us anything. I hope it is a good season finale > >because I need it to take my mind off a lot of what has happened this > >year. > > Having come in...late, so to speak...it's been a pretty warped season. > For a lot of people, in a lot of ways. > > >Season Six has been remarkably uneven and it would help if it could > >end on a high note, especially if Janeway comes off well. She's lost > >some of her luster this season, not so much in "Equinox," or even in > >"Fair Haven." My only problem with "Equinox" was the Lessing bit, > >and I can excuse that considering what she was trying to prevent. And > >I can live with "Fair Haven" because the writers didn't go too far; at > >least they had Janeway come to her senses at the end. But "Spirit > >Folk" was just dumb. > > Lessee...wasn't there one or two people who admitted to liking 'Spirit > Folk'? Somewhere? Bueller? I liked "Spirit Folk" only in the sense that it sucked less than "Fair Haven" (which isn't saying much since FH stunk like a fermented dog fart).

2000-05-26 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Evil Troll <Evil_member@newsguy.com>)

In article <392E7E05.749E@yahoo.com>, Steve says... > >X-No-Archive: yes > > > >Amarna wrote: >> >> On Thu, 25 May 2000 12:23:56 GMT, Steve Christianson >> <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote: >> >> >X-No-Archive: yes >> > >> > >> > >> >Amarna wrote: >> >> >> >> >> > Wise words as always. >> >> >> >> >> >> They usually are from Amarna :-) >> >> > >> >> > >> >> >Quite. I suppose she is our NG mum now, eh? [runs] :-) >> >> >> >> Oh god.... [sigh] >> > >> > >> >Which means when I'm bad you have to GIVE ME A SPANKING. >> > >> >[drops trou in anticipation] >> > >> ><g> >> >> I'm too tired from spanking Ta'. > > >Ta spanks himself. <g> "Thanks for sharing."

2000-05-27 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - (Lady Pie aka Mic <LadyPie_2000@yahoo.co.uk>)

Steve Christianson <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:392C4709.19EB@yahoo.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > > Amarna wrote: > > > > On Tue, 23 May 2000 23:24:30 -0500, "Lady Pie aka Mic" > > <LadyPie_2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > > > > ><comfort> I know what you mean. Then right on the heels of all that, this > > >latest thing with John Ro and the results of some choosing to leave the NG > > >... well it is just all very sad. > > > The John Ro thing was very strange. Yes it was. It still bothers me, but I guess that is just me. > As to people choosing to leave the NG, well....and I'm not by any > stretch singling out individuals, just talking in general from what I've > seen over some time now...if a person can't figure out that you have to > take the good with the bad then by all means get the fuck out. I'm > sorry, but I need to get this off my chest. I'm tired of these pouty > and/or dramatic exits. Beat your feet. In real life friendships and > relationships have highs and lows, DUH, and if someone is just the sort > of person who bolts when things get tough then maybe you're not > worthwhile in the first place. True. I had to learn that lesson very early on in my ng experience and I learned it the hard way. I left twice only to be persuaded (very happily they did) to come back. Now I have made real friendships and they are real to me. My personal day-to-day life must take precendence over my computer activities, but I will always have a place here and I know that. Thanks to all of you. Very wise words, Steve. > > > > >I didn't know Cronan - but I miss RR and John. I really miss Allie, but I > > >know she is busy and has her reasons. I know Shammie left the group over > > >that JR mess and I wonder if Fiver did too. They have both been very > > >prolific at the TNG group, but nothing here. It is just upsetting to me. I > > >love this place and I don't want to see it change like this or even die out. > > >I am very upset :-((((((. I now others are as well. I wish I had some > > >answers......... > > > Allie will be back, she's busy with her exams. It's not a permanent > thing. I might have to take a few weeks or a month off this summer > myself, depending on my schedule with my publishers. No biggie. Just to > clarify my previous statement, obviously real life matters must take > precedence, like school/career/family/etc. Well I hope Allie gets to come back soon adn I more than understand your reasons for an absence. Just know I will miss you. > > > > All things change. Over the years I've seen many people come and go > > from this newsgroup. I still remember some of the people who left in > > flames five years ago just when I was getting started, as well as some > > people who just faded or left quietly after sharing personal troubles > > with me by email, and I wonder what they are doing now, and if they > > are okay. But that's life, not just newsgroups. People move on. It > > doesn't mean you didn't have the experiences you had. They're still > > real. > > > Wise words as always. Indeed. > > > > > So don't get down, Mic. Besides, you've got Pie. > > > Ditto, Mic. :-) Thank you Steve. That sure means a whole lot - esp. coming from you.

2000-05-28 00:00:00 - Re: Season Six, Unimatrix Zero, and the ng - ("Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Steve Christianson wrote > X-No-Archive: yes > Amarna wrote: > > "Lady Pie aka Mic" wrote: > > ><comfort> I know what you mean. Then right on the heels of all that, this > > >latest thing with John Ro and the results of some choosing to leave the NG > > >... well it is just all very sad. > > > The John Ro thing was very strange. Very. Not so weird as the RR thing, but very weird. > As to people choosing to leave the NG, well....and I'm not by any > stretch singling out individuals, just talking in general from what I've > seen over some time now...if a person can't figure out that you have to > take the good with the bad then by all means get the fuck out. I'm > sorry, but I need to get this off my chest. I'm tired of these pouty > and/or dramatic exits. Indeed. > Beat your feet. In real life friendships and > relationships have highs and lows, DUH, and if someone is just the sort > of person who bolts when things get tough then maybe you're not > worthwhile in the first place. Couldn't sgree more. **Cut** > Allie will be back, she's busy with her exams. It's not a permanent > thing. :-) I hope she's doing great with that. I've not been able to catch herin ICQ recently. > I might have to take a few weeks or a month off this summer > myself, depending on my schedule with my publishers. No biggie. Just to > clarify my previous statement, obviously real life matters must take > precedence, like school/career/family/etc. Couldn't agree more. As I'm sure people are aware, I don't have much time in the middle of the week due to work and travel, so I am almost absent during the week, but the weekends are better for me, so I am more prolific then. If RL takes the front seat for a while, the NG must give way, as must a lot of things, but I'll always be back. > > All things change. Over the years I've seen many people come and go > > from this newsgroup. I still remember some of the people who left in > > flames five years ago just when I was getting started, as well as some > > people who just faded or left quietly after sharing personal troubles > > with me by email, and I wonder what they are doing now, and if they > > are okay. But that's life, not just newsgroups. People move on. It > > doesn't mean you didn't have the experiences you had. They're still > > real. > > > Wise words as always. Indeed, always. > > So don't get down, Mic. Besides, you've got Pie. > > Ditto, Mic. :-) :-))